It is currently Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:27 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post subject: Re: [D4 EE] Show Event: Rumble Slam Arena (Akaboshi)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:55 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"My thought exactly." He said joining her with a light laugh. "I suppose I'll have to put some effort in to finding something inventive to do though."

He shook his head, her smile apparently infectious as he grinned in return. "Overwhelming the competition? A valid tactic."

"That's was my impression as well." Hayato replied, his eyes shifting towards the crowd. "I took a bit of interest in him as well, though as he seems intent on marrying a woman I decided not to pursue that angle for a potential match."

"I mean...I can only eat so many meals a day," She shrugs, "Oh should I be saying you can only eat so many meals in a day." Her tone was a teasing one.

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:14 am 
"You mean, you don't eat six times a day?" He asked, an expression of false surprise on his face.

Smirking he reached up a hand to run it through his hair. "I suppose i could ask you what you think of star gazing though? I've always enjoyed taking a night to iew the stars when I make it to a new planet."

"Though you might see enough of them during your normal duties."

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:44 am 
Daidoji Shizuku wrote:
"Let's go with early. Any place on particular?" She is also clearly relieved to move on... And that he still wants to spend time with her.

Akihiko looks a touch nervous, but he forges ahead with his voice carefully controlled, "The lounge at the Snow Maiden is public, but generally pretty quiet and we'd have room to play comfortably. I mean, in the early afternoon we're unlikely to be alone, but it won't be... like this," he nods to the arena around them.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:54 am 
She chuckled a little and nodded. "Sounds good. I'll bring bentos," she replied brightly.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:31 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"You mean, you don't eat six times a day?" He asked, an expression of false surprise on his face.

Smirking he reached up a hand to run it through his hair. "I suppose i could ask you what you think of star gazing though? I've always enjoyed taking a night to iew the stars when I make it to a new planet."

"Though you might see enough of them during your normal duties."

"My greatest joy is when I am hanging among the stars in my fighteh craft." Ishiyo smiled wistfully, "From the planet does not even begin to compare...but it is a start."

"So the gardens then? Or perhaps the outlying farms?"

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:53 am 
"Whereever might give the better view." He offered thoughtfully. "Which may be the outlying farms, though the gardens offer their own benefits."

"An hour or two after Sunset?" He smirked. "Later I know would probably be better, but it seems a bit naughty? To be out with a Lady that late."

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:19 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"Whereever might give the better view." He offered thoughtfully. "Which may be the outlying farms, though the gardens offer their own benefits."

"An hour or two after Sunset?" He smirked. "Later I know would probably be better, but it seems a bit naughty? To be out with a Lady that late."

"Hmm very well. Tomorrow then?" [LE D5] Ishiyo asks, "At the farms? Though we will need to stay near the settled area both for propriety and safety given the...disappearances."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:52 am 
Doji Ichika wrote:
"Not my usual!" she said, letting at least the excitement seep in even if she didn't have a clue what was going on. Laughing at that, she looked to Ryo, "There that.. thumping in my chest from all the excitement," she said, bringing a hand up to her chest as she said it.

He gave a few claps as the show winded down to a close and gave a nod to the Crane beside her. "Yeah, they say there's something about watching these things live that makes it better. It could be just as exciting watching it on an informator...but being part of the crowd is really something else, really gets the energy flowing through you in a way. Really awesome show."

Run by GM Boogiepop / Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:10 am 
Daidoji Ishiyo wrote:
"Hmm very well. Tomorrow then?" [LE D5] Ishiyo asks, "At the farms? Though we will need to stay near the settled area both for propriety and safety given the...disappearances."

"That works for me." Hayato said after a moment, trying to recall all the plans he had made thus far. His lips curled into a teasing smile.

"Should we discuss the dress code?" Pajamas were likely out of order after all.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:08 am 
Asako Ryo wrote:
He gave a few claps as the show winded down to a close and gave a nod to the Crane beside her. "Yeah, they say there's something about watching these things live that makes it better. It could be just as exciting watching it on an informator...but being part of the crowd is really something else, really gets the energy flowing through you in a way. Really awesome show."

"Mmmhmmm," she vocalized, feeling the little rush abating as the crowd started to settle more. With a happy nod she looked over to Ryo, tilted her head and furrowed her brow. "Hey, Asako-san," she grabbed the extra bit of attention. "We didn't really talk, but do you remember me from yesterday?" she asked.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:17 am 
He narrowed his eyes on her for a moment and it wasn't like there were a lot of Crane here, much less one with an eye-patch too. At the very least, he knew she wasn't trying to cosplay the Menace. "I do, you were getting Kuchiki-san's attention over at the arcades last night. At least, it looked like you were wanting to talk to him about something."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:32 am 
"Well.." she looked away just a tad, passed him, and down. "I wasn't trying to disturb your conversation, not really." With a small shake of her head she looked back, smiled a little, "but yea, we'd just come back from somewhere and I thought to give him a wave. Being friendly and," she said a little sheepishly, "well, I kinda have wanted to apologize for it. Never meant to pull him away from your conversation," she said, a small awkward chuckle.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:36 pm 
"Oh, that," he said with a shrug before waving his hand to dismiss it and reclining back into the chair with a creak. "I wouldn't worry about it. I guess Spider-san was all curious about sports and our local team. We don't quite have a team around here, it's really the planet's team...it was just small talk. I thought he would give it a spin but I guess he had other ideas.."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:52 pm 
"Hmm," she nodded, thinking on it and then glancing aside. Watching how the crowd turned lightly to conversation in some places, just like here, and how others did.. well, other things.

Looking back she spoke a little more softly than prior at first but only in tone to make sure she was heard, "Hey, Asako-san, do you mind if I ask you a few questions?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:19 pm 
Ryo returned to his resting courtier face as he got the sense that something was up, especially considering the change in tone. He lean as much back in his seat, straightening himself up and turned to give Ichika his full attention. "I'll do my best to help as a host, Doji-san. I'll be happy to answer your questions."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:49 am 
Hanako Michiya wrote:
"Well, it's also a performance as well. Sumai is equal parts showmanship and sportsmanship. They are competing, but there is also understanding between most of the wrestlers. They hit and throw each other around as much to entertain others as they are doing so to win. If any of them got into a real fight outside the ring it would look nothing like what they are doing now," he says with a smirk.

"Huh? Real fight? What do you mean Seppun-sama?" Nara said, confused. "This isn't real?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:43 am 
Asako Ryo wrote:
Ryo returned to his resting courtier face as he got the sense that something was up, especially considering the change in tone. He lean as much back in his seat, straightening himself up and turned to give Ichika his full attention. "I'll do my best to help as a host, Doji-san. I'll be happy to answer your questions."

"Well.." she said, bringing her hands together with a light smile. "You might not be taking part directly in all the festivities," she said with a small laugh, "but! Well, I was wondering what you were hoping from all of this, yea? You're still invested a bit, even if you're not actively taking part, right?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:58 am 
Susumu Nara wrote:
"Huh? Real fight? What do you mean Seppun-sama?" Nara said, confused. "This isn't real?"

"It is real. It is a real contest but not a real fight because there are rules in place to prevent things from getting out of hand. All of the wrestlers, if pitted in combat against someone that was trying to do real harm to them, would be capable of severely injuring or killing their opponent. It's like two sharpshooters comparing their abilities by target shooting rather than shooting at each other. But it's different from other sports like baseball in that it uses a skillset that is designed to actually maim or kill an opponent. It is an athletic competition not a survival situation."

Carries: Wakizashi, Sidearm, Communicator, Densai, Portable Informator, Persnal Seal, Holorecorder, Fan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:21 pm 
Doji Ichika wrote:
"Well.." she said, bringing her hands together with a light smile. "You might not be taking part directly in all the festivities," she said with a small laugh, "but! Well, I was wondering what you were hoping from all of this, yea? You're still invested a bit, even if you're not actively taking part, right?"

Ryo took a moment to consider the question as he watched some of the crowd dissipate, some heading home and other making their way to other festivities that might have been spurn by the wrestling event. "Well, I mostly share the same wishes and desires of my father for the Shiro. Admittedly, maybe I don't grasp the same sort of scale or know fully what grand plan he has. All in all, it would be nice if the visitors here left Asakaze knowing it more than just another plip in the stars. We have people here and people going on, we're as significant as any colony or settlement in the galaxy. It would be great if people appreciated this world more, that's all."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:03 pm 
"It's a planet with great potential," she agreed with a smile and a nod. "Shame that it's so dangerous," she said, a soft sigh as she settled in her seat a bit. "A challenge often worthy of some Samurai bit, security is important for the working force, yea?" she smiled with a little tilt to her head.

"Though, I've heard there's people who share a different vision than your father does, yea? What's that like?" she asked with a smile.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next