It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 2:45 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: In for a dip (EM D5 Akaboshi)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:48 am 
Satoru swiped his hair back as wet it was just long enough to get in his eyes "Oceans are always interesting on the frontier, most are beautiful but many hide unknown dangers until we research them long enough. Pools are always a pleasantly safe option."

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:02 am 
Fusako smirked faintly at that. "That would normally be true, but Isora's Rest is a terraformed moon made by the Asahina world crafters. There are creatures within it, and plants, but it is all by design. I hardly fear for my life swimming in something my family made."

Theme (Dance Club Rave)
More Musical Inspiration
Profile (plus info for corporate ties)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:11 am 
"I believe Asahina-sama that here untamed means more...filled with predatory life that can cause injury." Ishiyo mused, "But apart from swimming, how has the miai found you Asahina-sama? You-eh performance yesterday was exemplary, as expected of our Clan." She retained a hold on the way for the moment, watching the other two.

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:36 am 
"Given that I am a business woman first and a courtier second, for all intents and purposes, I feel it was a good showing indeed. Only our lovely Doji-san out performed, which is hardly a surprise." She gave a bit of a grin at that. "The contests themselves are passingly interesting, but the miai has been a wonderful opportunity to meet new and interesting people. Most I've met have at least one or two interesting things that would make them good partners."

Fusako rested against the side a moment as she spoke. If there was anything that took priority over keeping fit, it was gabbing.

Theme (Dance Club Rave)
More Musical Inspiration

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:48 am 
"I am just happy my own was not an embarrassment to the clan," Ishiyo pushed off moving sloweh this time but using a stroke that used more muscle groups. "Of course it was not all that bad given my own skills lean more toward sword oveh fan."

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:21 pm 
"Yes the Crane performed predictably well. I myself did rather lackluster, though my skills never particularly lent themselves to well, talking to people and being convincing. I supposed i showed strong research skills at least." He said as he slowly tread water from one end to the other.

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:34 pm 
"Well we do have to keep the stereotypes going Kuchiki-san," Ishiyo teased then went under to flip and push off the side wall, coming back up she takes a breath and switches to a leisurely backstroke. "But might I ask how everyone's search foh a match is going?"

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:41 pm 
"Alright, I have spent less time with prospective matches than I would have wished but there is still time to change that. Though with my standing my best bet is to impress someone of high standing so they choose me." He said idly as he backstroke through the water.

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:24 pm 
"Well, I am here right now, so it continues to go well. "Perhaps my search is over and I shall marry Kuchiki-san on the spot." Her voice was quite conversational for what clearly a tease, right?

Theme (Dance Club Rave)
More Musical Inspiration

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:30 am 
Ishiyo chuckled, "Asahina-sama has a point, you have two well bred Crane ladies here you could try to impress." She kept her slow pace.

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:50 am 
Satoru stopped swimming and floated in the water just treading for a moment "While that is a rather attractive proposal Asahina-sama likely should wait until the end of the Miai and chose me at the end. Would hate to insult our hosts and besides I'm sure that will leave many a jilted suitor."

turning to Ishiyo he cocked his head "I feel i'm not in the optimal situation to attempt to impress either of you treading water in the pool. Unless you find displays of very fast swimming impressive."

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:45 am 
Ishiyo blushed at that, remembering her last time swimming here, "Well I mean it helps, I guess." She turned over and began swimming a little faster.

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:59 am 
Fusako gave a cheshire grin. "I suppose that does make some sense Kuchiki-san. I'm hardly one to rush into deals anyway. Still, watching someone swim is pleasant enough. Perhaps hearing a bit more about you would make for a good thing to do while waiting for the ending ceremony."

Theme (Dance Club Rave)
More Musical Inspiration

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:21 am 
"Well I am a priest much like most in my family, I am a surgeon and know enough about engineering to get by. I work as a doctor on a colonization and development unit of the Spider military. I help establish colonies and offer medical services on them until they can get at least a temporary hospital established." he said with a small distracted energy as he slowly swam through the waters.

"Is there anything in particular Asahina-sama was interested in?"

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:30 am 
Ishiyo fell back into her own routine as the two chat, using the chance to get some more strenuous water exercises in. She paused at the walls a little longer then normal, not wanting to completely leave the conversation and not being able to hear much while swimming.

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:54 am 
Fusako rested on one of the lane buoy that marked a lane for the lap racers, as comfortable a place as any to talk while still being in the water. She looked a bit thoughtful a moment before she smiled. "Mmm, a Kuchiki doctor you say... that makes two of you in Asakaze. As for particulars... hmm... how are you with numbers and mathmatics?"

Theme (Dance Club Rave)
More Musical Inspiration

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:04 pm 
Satoru nodded "Indeed Tsugiharu-san is more of a researcher specializing in diseases where as I do more hands on medicine, surgery is my specialty. As far as number and math..." he thinks for a moment "I suppose I am ok at it, not my favorite subject to be sure but I can get by. Is mathematics an area of interest for you Asahina-sama?" he noted the daidoji as she swam around more swiftly than Satoru.

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:52 am 
Fusako made certain she didn't speak in any sort of way to distract Satoru from his swimming, or from Ishiyo. She stared a few times herself after all. "Mmm, I am a business woman Kuchiki-san. There are two things I need foremost in my business; designs, and finances. While I am not bad with numbers and commerce, design is my passion and specialty. Someone that could take over that part of the operations would be quite good indeed, if possible."

Theme (Dance Club Rave)
More Musical Inspiration

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:46 am 
Ishiyo stopped her pace and watched from the wall, realizing the attention had shifted to her. She laughed softly, "Sorry I was not paying enough attention. Were you speaking to me?" Or about me for that matter.

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:01 am 
Asahina Fusako wrote:
Fusako made certain she didn't speak in any sort of way to distract Satoru from his swimming, or from Ishiyo. She stared a few times herself after all. "Mmm, I am a business woman Kuchiki-san. There are two things I need foremost in my business; designs, and finances. While I am not bad with numbers and commerce, design is my passion and specialty. Someone that could take over that part of the operations would be quite good indeed, if possible."

"A most pragmatic thought process Asahina-sama, I am not skilled in commerce but I possess a keen mind and am a fast study. I have no doubt I could learn the necessary skills in little time." It didn't sound like a boast but rather like an analysis of his abilities, very clinical.

Daidoji Ishiyo wrote:
Ishiyo stopped her pace and watched from the wall, realizing the attention had shifted to her. She laughed softly, "Sorry I was not paying enough attention. Were you speaking to me?" Or about me for that matter.

"You were merely doing what you came here to do, nothing to be apologetic about. Asahina-sama were just discussing what she was looking for in a candidate, or at least some of the criteria. What of you Daidoji-sama? What are you looking for in a potential match?"

Profile Theme
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2