It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 1:36 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Re: [D2EA] Mys-tea-rious (expecting)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:29 am 
Shinjo Yul wrote:
Yul grinned. "Hey, if that's what you want, no problem. I can do that. Just let me know when you get the coordinates, or at least pretty good directions." He waved his communicator at her before he tucked it away.

He took a lazy sip of his bubble tea. By contrast, his was uniform color, but the boba in it was clear, and glinted as light caught it, like shining stars.

"So I guess I'll limit my looking to finding a good bar to take you to sometime." He looked at her with raised eyebrows, smirking lightly. "Unless you already know a place, in which case I can just drive us there."

"You can do the looking and let me know," she smirked. "I've been focused on work ever since I've landed and put in all of the shoe work to keep busy. I haven't really had a chance to see what else is around here. As far as I know, I'm the only Crab here. Not the worst thing, I'll manage."

"Actually...I'm here to look at some rentals so I might have dilly-dallied enjoy hanging around here. How about we leave finding a bar as your assignment and I'll work on the other pieces of the puzzle. I'll let you know if I have a case. Do you think you can handle that?"

Run by GM Boogiepop / Art by Wernope

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:47 am 
Kuchiki Satoru wrote:
"Ahhhhh" he said with a nod of understanding "Reckless types tend not to last very long in my Unit, one way or another." he said with a serious nod but not wanting to ruin the mood didn't go into the morbid details. "But it sounds like you just have a good head on your shoulders, says more about them then you if they give you crap for it."

Shinjo Yul would probably feel a disturbance in the Force as Hyeon-ju felt even more justified in being the hardass she was on her team.

"Thank you." She nodded, appriciative of his words. "So... what's it like with you, in your unit? Is it like a combat-medic thing, or you work in more pristine conditions?"

Has: Daisho, sidearm, fashionable attire, cool shades, densai, comm, Kami-pet.
Sometimes: Light armor, Marksman rifle.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:49 am 
Kuni Eriko wrote:
"You can do the looking and let me know," she smirked. "I've been focused on work ever since I've landed and put in all of the shoe work to keep busy. I haven't really had a chance to see what else is around here. As far as I know, I'm the only Crab here. Not the worst thing, I'll manage."

"Actually...I'm here to look at some rentals so I might have dilly-dallied enjoy hanging around here. How about we leave finding a bar as your assignment and I'll work on the other pieces of the puzzle. I'll let you know if I have a case. Do you think you can handle that?"

Yul sipped his tea, the distinctive burbling of a nearly empty cup coming from his straw. "Actually, I met two this morning. A Hida and a Yasuki." He shrugged. "You can probably find them around somewhere."

Sitting back, Yul pushed his empty cup away. He grinned at Eriko. "Find a bar to have a drink with you at? Yeah, I can handle that. No problem. You let me know about the case, I'll let you know about drinks. Deal?"

Danger!: Armor, marksman's rifle

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:12 am 
Utaku Hyeon-ju wrote:
Shinjo Yul would probably feel a disturbance in the Force as Hyeon-ju felt even more justified in being the hardass she was on her team.

"Thank you." She nodded, appreciative of his words. "So... what's it like with you, in your unit? Is it like a combat-medic thing, or you work in more pristine conditions?"

Satoru shrugs "It depends, I wouldn't say I often get to be in "pristine" conditions usually a medical tent or temporary housing structure while on the colony. We are a military unit but i've never been deployed to a front line. We usually come in after an area has been more or less secured and begin helping set up the colony. Doesn't mean we see no action though, colonies do get attacked with varying amount of frequency depending on the world and how much or little influence a spirit world has on it. Sometimes left over alien natives something like that. I've done my fair share of combat field medic stuff, one of the reasons I like to stay in good shape its not all surgery rooms and office work. Plenty of putting people back together on the fly or at least making sure they don't die until I can carry them to a clean room."

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:25 am 
Shinjo Yul wrote:
Yul sipped his tea, the distinctive burbling of a nearly empty cup coming from his straw. "Actually, I met two this morning. A Hida and a Yasuki." He shrugged. "You can probably find them around somewhere."

Sitting back, Yul pushed his empty cup away. He grinned at Eriko. "Find a bar to have a drink with you at? Yeah, I can handle that. No problem. You let me know about the case, I'll let you know about drinks. Deal?"

"That's a good enough deal to...shake on? Is that what you Unicorn still do?" She said, a bit unsure on the custom completely.

She rose from her seat, taking her half-empty cup with her. "We'll figure out the details later. For now, you take of yourself, Shinjo-san," she gave a semblance of a bow and followed it with a saluting wave, then casually strolled out of the bubble tea house.

/exit

Run by GM Boogiepop / Art by Wernope

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:37 am 
"We do. I'll show you sometime." Yul said. He rose as she did, returning the bow, smiling at the salute. "And you too, Kuni-san." He turned to watch as she left, his brown eyes following her.

Grinning, Yul shook his head. He tossed his own cup in the disposal, started to walk out... and then paused, seeing Hyeon-ju there. I thought I felt the temperature drop, not long ago.

Frowning, Yul looked at her, then at her companion, his eyes narrowing. Then, with a breezy smile, and a vague sort of wave, he left.

/exit

Danger!: Armor, marksman's rifle

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:41 am 
Kuchiki Satoru wrote:
Satoru shrugs "It depends, I wouldn't say I often get to be in "pristine" conditions usually a medical tent or temporary housing structure while on the colony. We are a military unit but i've never been deployed to a front line. We usually come in after an area has been more or less secured and begin helping set up the colony. Doesn't mean we see no action though, colonies do get attacked with varying amount of frequency depending on the world and how much or little influence a spirit world has on it. Sometimes left over alien natives something like that. I've done my fair share of combat field medic stuff, one of the reasons I like to stay in good shape its not all surgery rooms and office work. Plenty of putting people back together on the fly or at least making sure they don't die until I can carry them to a clean room."

Hyeon-ju sipped her boba as she listened, nodding along.

"Hmmm... you make it sound like these attacks from the spirit realms happen very often. But... it seems that is a frequent occurrance with the Spider worlds, from what you've told me about. Still, with such experiences and skill-sets, if you marry out, I'm sure you'll easily find yourself busy and highly considered by your new clan. Doctors, especially those who can work in less than ideal conditions, are always valued and appriciated." She at least seemed convinced that he would be a boon to most spouses.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:01 am 
Satoru nodded "More common than most other places but probably not as common as im making it sound. In any regard thank you, it is somewhat validating to have you say so." His manner may have shifted to more formal in an effort to conceal any embarrasament coming from being complimented. It was not something he was used to.

"So what is it you are here looking for Utaku-san, besides the obvious. I guess, what traits are you searching for in a potiential match?"

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:36 am 
Ooh. That was starting to get into the meat of the matter. And the questions she knew she'd have to answer during these days on Asakaze, but she had expected it to come much later.

"The obvious huh," Hyeon-ju chuckled dryly.

"Well... lineage is an important one. The laws set down by Shinjo-kami are still important to us, and that also includes laws regarding marriage; we are kind of the opposite of the Crane there in that we believe that the further removed we are, the better the match will be, as Shinjo-kami's laws forbid us to marry within our own bloodline." Which probably induced a lot of headaches for the Ide and the Unicorn matchmakers.

"I personally would like a partner that can be a caregiver for any children from the match, as I'm not interested in the sole responsibilty of that - being a pilot I can often be gone from home for lengthy periods at a time, so a partner that can be there when I can not is good." The idea of losing out on her best flying-years because of childrearing wasn't something that sat well with her.

"Most importantly, I am looking for something that will benefit my clan. Whether that means I marry out or remain within the clan. A match that will ensure alliances, or provide other beneficial gains for my clan is very important to me."

She took a breath, having covered the most important parts there, and she got ready for another bite of cake. "What about you? What do you look for in a match?"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:06 am 
Satoru for his part was not one to beat around the bush, the meat of the matter was his goal in most cases. Even if he enjoyed more relaxed talking with Hyeon-ju. He nodded thoughtfully at her answers his face seeming vaugely approving of her priorities.

"That makes sense, I have some similar opinions in regards to benefitting the clan. My clan would most likely like for me to bring a shugenja into the clan as a first priority but there are few of them here and fewer still who would be possible to marry in." Based on her reaction the kitsu would likely become ronin first and the Ospery seemed to be in high demand. "So baring that option something that could strengthen an alliance or perhaps start to forge one would be of high priority."

"Personally someone who I dont hate being around would be nice. As I've said before I greatly enjoy the work I do now but wouldn't be opposed to transitioning to a more traditional medical work, less excitement but more time to learn things."

"I hadn't thought much about children, obviously I know its my duty to help provide them but I never concerned myself with it much as I can do my work anywhere means I would be able to be there to help raise them. Someone strong and independent would be nice. I would like my marriage to be a partnership rather than one party constantly leaning on the other. Two equals if you will. I dont want my partner to need me if that makes sense."

It was his turn to take a breath and sip of his drink "Obviously my personal feelings come second on all these matters though. At the end of the day I am a dutiful samurai and will do as I have been commanded to."

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:18 am 
"As we all are," she agreed on the comment on being a dutiful samurai. It would seem strange now to bring up the fact that the Utaku were also very keen on more shugenja within their ranks, as they had been trying to cultivate a strong presence of shugenja within their ranks for some generations now. As it would seem like a strange after-thought to bring up now... or that she was interested in him only because he was one of three shugenja here for the miai.

Oh wait, there were some Phoenix ones too. Not that she had met them though...

"I think I would find it very important to still be a pilot if I were to marry out. Not that I think most clans would consider grounding a Sky Rider, but... you never know. The Crane might think to do something like that."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:30 am 
"It would seem to be a terrible mistake, if youre even half as good as reputation would suggest. It would be a waste. Probably best to avoid joining certain clans with more pacifist inclinations." He said with a quick wink. He wouldn't tell her not to marry into the very clan hosting the event, even he had a little more social sense than that.

"So apologies if I will come across as blunt but I find it easier to speak plainly than dance in the realm of implication. By my read our goals here at this Miai are not incompatible, the Spider and Unicorn are not allies but nor are they direct enemies either last time I checked. I would be open to spending more time with you during this event. If you feel the same of course." He kept a brave face even if his nerves were a bit frayed by being so direct on what many would consider a delicate subject. He just wasn't suited for sublety.

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:00 am 
Her expression was neutral for a while, except for the slight narrowing of her eyes. She had a different opinion of the exact nature of the Spider and Unicorn's relations... which were not exactly friendly. In fact, the majority of her kill-list in combat consisted of Totally-Not-Spider.

"I am not opposed to spending more time with you either, Kuchiki-san," she said, professional and courteous. "You possess many good qualities, and as you say, our interests are not incompatible. My Family has a great interest in bringing in more Shugenja, but I must also carefully consider this along with the other options presented to me. But, as I said, I do not mind spending more time with you. I find your company most agreeable."

For Hyeon-ju it wasn't so much that she wasn't suited for subtetly, but more that she preferred honesty and sincerity when possible.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:32 am 
"Of course other options must be considered, im not asking you to marry me here and now Utaku-san." He said with a small chuckle, his eyes sparkling a bit. This Miai might not be so bad after all.

"I just wanted to be clear about each of our purposes, everything works better when people are on the same page in my experience." He said his mood a little lighter now that all that was out in the open. He took another sip of his drink almost gone now.

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:49 am 
"Of course," she snorted a brief chuckle herself at the little bit of humor.

"It seems we have an understanding then. And to be honest, I think the idea of this miai isn't too bad... at least we get a chance to get to know the one we might end up marrying, and have some control on who we marry."

Which was probably a huge step up for most Spiders. Not that she knew how extreme their usual matchmaking ways were.

"I do prefer honesty and keeping things simple, so no need to be afraid to be open like that with me."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:17 pm 
He grinned a little "You sure you can't speak to the air kami Utaku-san? Cause I was just thinking basically that same thing." The Spider were strict but not unnecesarrily so in this regard. They had afterall sent the most number of people to this Miai.

"I'll keep that in mind Utaku-san thats a trait I can certainly appreciate, obviously the same goes for me. Though something tells me there is little that you fear in that regard."

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:21 pm 
"My Family is ever-increasing their number of shugenja, and some of my siblings are shugenja, but no I have no such gifts myself," she admitted with some presence of humor in her tone.

"I'm not a woman easily governed by fear." For now though, she had finished her tea. And her part of the cake. "This has been a very productive meeting today, I'd say."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:20 am 
Satoru likewise saw he had finished his portion if everything as well time had gone by quick, usually a good sign "yes, thank you for sharing this time with me Utaku-san. It has been a very unique experience." His smile had a touch of warmth to it "but certainly not an unpleasant one."

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:25 am 
"Indeed. It has been a pleasant time," she agreed, giving him a nod of respect.

"Shall we take a walk through the mall before we go our separate ways again?"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:53 am 
Satoru nodded rising from his seat "certainly, i wouldn't mind prolonging our time together a little longer." He collected any trash that needed to be disposed of and did so.

He would catch up with the Utaku as they strolled through the mall, his hands in his pockets "So what are your thoughts of the city now that we've been here a couple days? Anything that interests you?"

Profile Theme
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next