It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 10:08 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Post subject: A bit of this, A bit of that. (Day 5 LA, expecting)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:09 am 
Proper preparation was fifty percent of victory, or st least he thought he had heard something like that. Walking into the mall in casual clothes he stopped to look around.

There were a few things he needed to get in order for the next few days, trying to be original wasn't easy after all. Fishing his inhalator out of his pocket, he took a short pull from it as he tried to figure out what aspect of shopping to conquer first.

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)

Post subject: Re: A bit of this, A bit of that. (Day 5 LA, expecting)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:15 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
Proper preparation was fifty percent of victory, or st least he thought he had heard something like that. Walking into the mall in casual clothes he stopped to look around.

There were a few things he needed to get in order for the next few days, trying to be original wasn't easy after all. Fishing his inhalator out of his pocket, he took a short pull from it as he tried to figure out what aspect of shopping to conquer first.

A little further into the mall a certain Lion was staring through a shop window at.....something.
While Shoan's expression was neutral the set of her shoulders and the slight tightening of her eyes indicated bemusement or perhaps irritation.

At one point a charming young shop assistant hesitantly ventured outside the shop to see if the Murame required assistance, a single frosty look had sent her scurrying back inside.

Profile art credit: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/k4nea2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:37 am 
"Find something cute?" Hayato asked as he walked towards the Ikoma, a little curious as to what it might be.

This of course might earn him a glare in return, but somethings were worth the risk.

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:44 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"Find something cute?" Hayato asked as he walked towards the Ikoma, a little curious as to what it might be.

This of course might earn him a glare in return, but somethings were worth the risk.

Shoan turns and for half a second there is indeed a full force Lion glare shot his way before Hayato gets recognised and the look dims...slightly

"....Tsuruchi-san."
She bows politely

"I am sure some samurai find it cute." She gestures at the 'Vanji's Secret' storefront and the lingerie within

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:57 am 
His eyes widened perhaps a touch as he saw where she was looking, surprise maybe? Raising a hand to rub at the back of his neck he then returned the bow a bemused expression on his face.

"I think sexy might be closer to what most describe it as." He offered in return, eyeing the Lion for a moment. "Looking for something for yourself? Or just wondering who might wear stuff like it?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:02 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
His eyes widened perhaps a touch as he saw where she was looking, surprise maybe? Raising a hand to rub at the back of his neck he then returned the bow a bemused expression on his face.

"I think sexy might be closer to what most describe it as." He offered in return, eyeing the Lion for a moment. "Looking for something for yourself? Or just wondering who might wear stuff like it?"

"Sexy? Yes, I suppose. They use almost everyone synonym for it without saying the word."
Shoan points to a poster advertising 'Desirable and alluring sensual clothing that is tantalizingly provocative'
"It is like a program broke and started repeating itself."

She gives him another look at his question
"....I do not think my clan would approve of me spending my stipend in such a manner. So I stand and wonder who would. Evidently enough samurai to support a storm. There are....fewer shops like this on the Lion worlds."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:10 am 
"It rather is." He replied with a shake of his. "Though I suppose sexy isn't really the kind of word you want plastered around your store front."

"I guess my clan doesn't mind such things nearly as much. These kind of places are fairly common there." He rubbed at the jaw. "It's considered the kind of gift you might get for a lover or a spouse."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:14 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"It rather is." He replied with a shake of his. "Though I suppose sexy isn't really the kind of word you want plastered around your store front."

"I guess my clan doesn't mind such things nearly as much. These kind of places are fairly common there." He rubbed at the jaw. "It's considered the kind of gift you might get for a lover or a spouse."

Very dry"Well, that is good. I would hate to receive such a gift from my mechanic."

She looks back at the store one last time before returning her gaze to Hayato
"I'm not even going to ask if you are an expert in such things, Tsuruchi-san."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:25 am 
"That would be rather awkward." His eyes turned a bit distant for a moment before he shook away the expression. "Probably not the most awkward way to recieve such a thing though."

"Not even a little bit curious?" He asked, his tone a little teasing. Though he seemed to drop the topic as he looked away from the shop. "Care to join me while I pick a few things up, Ikoma-san? Maybe we can find you something cute your clan would approve of along the way."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:27 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"That would be rather awkward." His eyes turned a bit distant for a moment before he shook away the expression. "Probably not the most awkward way to recieve such a thing though."

"Not even a little bit curious?" He asked, his tone a little teasing. Though he seemed to drop the topic as he looked away from the shop. "Care to join me while I pick a few things up, Ikoma-san? Maybe we can find you something cute your clan would approve of along the way."

Shoan does look a little curious, but a polite samura never queries

"Sure, I'm happy to accompany you on your errands. It will be a good opportunity to see how you operate in a more mundane setting. I cannot imagine what cute goods lurk inside the mall, but I am prepared to be surprised."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:52 am 
"If you find one you like, maybe I'll buy it for you. Neither of us won the hunt today, but you still beat my score at least." The Mantis offered as he set off.

"Of course I'm not quite sure how interesting watching me in a mundane setting might be. I'll at least try to keep your interest though."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:57 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"If you find one you like, maybe I'll buy it for you. Neither of us won the hunt today, but you still beat my score at least." The Mantis offered as he set off.

"Of course I'm not quite sure how interesting watching me in a mundane setting might be. I'll at least try to keep your interest though."

She shoots the back of Hayato's head another look as she falls into step with him
"Yes, there's always a better samurai, it keeps me humble. Sometimes it also means no celebrator drinks."

Weaving her way in and out of the crowds alongside the Mantis, sometimes weaving her way through anyone who didn't get out of the way
"Please, do not feel as though you have to entertain me. Sometimes it can be preferable to just...be and to do. Although if you're capable of a dance or music number whilst going about your business that is even more impressive."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:14 am 
"Sadly." He agreed with a wry smile. "Though I'm a bit curious as to what exactly you would have asked for."

"I could probably manage a bit of singing. But it would probably gather a lot of attention." In true musical style he'd likely need to attempt a dance as well. "So I suppose it's best just to be and to do, for now."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:19 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"Sadly." He agreed with a wry smile. "Though I'm a bit curious as to what exactly you would have asked for."

"I could probably manage a bit of singing. But it would probably gather a lot of attention." In true musical style he'd likely need to attempt a dance as well. "So I suppose it's best just to be and to do, for now."

"Maybe one day you'll find out Tsuruchi-san, although maybe it's the mystery that's most attractive."
Dodging some children returning from lessons in the dojo

"You can sing later, when it would attract the right sort of attention."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:52 am 
"Perhaps so." There was a certain attractive quality to mysteries at least. Stepping the other way around the children, he shrugged. "I could venture a guess, but that doesn't seem interesting."

Her next comment brough a smirk to his lips. "That almost sounds like you want me to woo you via song, Ikoma-san."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:54 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"Perhaps so." There was a certain attractive quality to mysteries at least. Stepping the other way around the children, he shrugged. "I could venture a guess, but that doesn't seem interesting."

Her next comment brough a smirk to his lips. "That almost sounds like you want me to woo you via song, Ikoma-san."

Lightly"It's not so much I want you to woo me by song but rather such a thing would be so difficult that if it could be done, which I do not believe it can be, I would have to give it my full attention."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:07 am 
That sounded a very round about way to say yes, but it probably wasn't wise to point that out. "A nigh impossible task then?" He smirked. "I may have to give it a try, should we run across each other at the right venue."

Spotting a store he wanted he moved inside, it was a home goods store apparently.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:10 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
That sounded a very round about way to say yes, but it probably wasn't wise to point that out. "A nigh impossible task then?" He smirked. "I may have to give it a try, should we run across each other at the right venue."

Spotting a store he wanted he moved inside, it was a home goods store apparently.

"You did say you were a confident samurai...."
Shoan follows inside, wondering what the Tsuruchi was after. A hammer? Two hammers?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:17 am 
"I did." He glanced her way and smiled. "I wasn't quite sure if you agreed though. Has your opinion changed?"

Apparently it was nothing so useful as a hammer, instead it was a tarp. Or at least that was the first item on the list.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:19 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"I did." He glanced her way and smiled. "I wasn't quite sure if you agreed though. Has your opinion changed?"

Apparently it was nothing so useful as a hammer, instead it was a tarp. Or at least that was the first item on the list.

A tarp...hunting? Camping? Both?

"My opinion is always evolving, it changes when the facts do."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next