It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 10:02 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next

Post subject: Re: [Day Three - Early Evening] Playing for Keeps (Retro Nig
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:39 am 
The box felt heavy in his pocket, but would be lightened tomorrow. He had stuck around the Streets of Thunder cabinet, wanting another shot. Playing as Kachiko had been enjoyable, but Oobaasan was chiding him for not picking Hoturi.

His eyes transfixed on the game as others played.

It truly was fun.

Carries: Daisho, Sidearm, Uniform with the Daigotsu Mon, rank in Silver with black outline, Jade cufflinks, Communicator, Densai
Danger: Rifle, Light Armor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:40 am 
"But it's only 10 more tickets..."

Refused again, Nara sighed and just looked at the plushies.

Even looking pretty as she thought she did apparently wasn't enough to convince the man to give her the little Oharu the Otori plush. She looked at her 10 tickets again, then at the choices. What would she get...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:41 am 
Daidoji Ishiyo wrote:
Ishiyo gives him a little glare, "I suppose it would be best foh the Otori to find a new home before you get you-eh insidious hands to work. But I am not convinced I am the one." She adds, "Dai-got-su-sa-ma."

Dai-got-su-sa-ma

He wanted to kiss her she was being so helpful, and Shokomaru was absolutely certain his insidious hands would love to be involved in this entire process, but that was pushing things a bit far. Still. What is youth if not for dreams?

The bird warked again.

The chuui put his ear to the beak. "Ah, you don't say? Really?"

He held it out to her again.

"He says he wants to train with Inu-tai, riding the skies and stars. So, no. It's got to be you. It's regrettable, but I've given you another mouth to feed."

Wouldn't it be funny to be able to say that a few years from now? She'd hit me.

, Status: 4, Glory: 1

Carries: Sidearm, wakizashi, Densai, uniform/leisure or traditional clothes, cigs, fan.
Armor, Daisho, Rifle for battle.
Description

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:46 am 
Kitsu Nozomi wrote:
Nozomi grinned and then closed her mouth, a bit embarrassed by her blatant display of joyfulness.

"Eh? Why should you be nervous?" she asked in a way that implied that he of all people shouldn't be nervous. She looked around too for any of his compatriots. "I assume, at least, all the other clans had a little meeting about 'how to find a spouse' here at the miai."

"We did, yeah." Yul said, spreading his arms.

He looked around. "But a pilot without a wingman is vulnerable to attack from behind. Someone could be closing in on my six, locking on..." He mimed gripping a stick, flipping a switch, pulling a trigger...

He smiled at her. "So that's why I'm nervous. Maybe I should ask you to cover my six, huh?"

Danger!: Armor, marksman's rifle

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:53 am 
After passing along a sizable stack of tickets to his fellow clansman, Yasuki Nakaba strolls up to the shop to inspect the rewards for his successful conquest across the digital world. Well dressed in his pristine business vest, his glow-silk black tie glimmers with blue light matching the neon bright lights of the many flashing machines. A sweet sigh caught his attention beside him at the shop. Eyes widen at the sight of the most dangerous foe to a young crab in the galaxy. A dangerously attractive spider in distress.

His eyes dart back and forth towards the object of her desire. A cute fluffy plush. "No Nakaba don't do this you got in trouble last time. Remember your cousin shouting traitor?! Don't dooo eetttt." The thought rings within his mind but suddenly his arm carrying the stack of tickets begins to rise against his own will. "No don't DON'T Nakaba be strong your better than this!" he fights it back with all his will but ultimately fails.

With a sigh of his own, he offers his tickets to the spider to purchase the plushie. "Come on go ahead and take what you need. No strings attached." He says with a faint smile.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:00 am 
Daigotsu Shokomaru wrote:
He wanted to kiss her she was being so helpful, and Shokomaru was absolutely certain his insidious hands would love to be involved in this entire process, but that was pushing things a bit far. Still. What is youth if not for dreams?

The bird warked again.

The chuui put his ear to the beak. "Ah, you don't say? Really?"

He held it out to her again.

"He says he wants to train with Inu-tai, riding the skies and stars. So, no. It's got to be you. It's regrettable, but I've given you another mouth to feed."

Wouldn't it be funny to be able to say that a few years from now? She'd hit me.

Ishiyo narrowed her eyes and pressed her lips into a thin line. She took the plushie...and almost hugged it right there, but instead just contented herself with letting it sit in the crook of her arm. "You need to work on you-eh jokes." Still she petted the little plushie as she looked at him. "Thank you for the gift." Despite her expression, the voice came out kinder then she meant. Which only made her blush again and grimace.

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:01 am 
It had been a wise choice to opt for something casual and light for her visit to the arcade. Wearing anything more or heavier would've been too hot and too bothersome to move in for some of these games... damn, she wanted to try that driving-game, but the line looked insanely long.

And of course, the one of the few fighter-jet simulator games were currently out of order. Though it looked like a knockoff of the Unicorn-game Radiant Unicorn Attack II: Skies of Honor.

Sighing, she popped the sour-apple flavored lolipop back into her mouth, trying to figure out what to do next.

(Open to be approached)

Last edited by Utaku Hyeon-ju on Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Has: Daisho, sidearm, fashionable attire, cool shades, densai, comm, Kami-pet.
Sometimes: Light armor, Marksman rifle.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:10 am 
Yasuki Nakaba wrote:
After passing along a sizable stack of tickets to his fellow clansman, Yasuki Nakaba strolls up to the shop to inspect the rewards for his successful conquest across the digital world. Well dressed in his pristine business vest, his glow-silk black tie glimmers with blue light matching the neon bright lights of the many flashing machines. A sweet sigh caught his attention beside him at the shop. Eyes widen at the sight of the most dangerous foe to a young crab in the galaxy. A dangerously attractive spider in distress.

His eyes dart back and forth towards the object of her desire. A cute fluffy plush. "No Nakaba don't do this you got in trouble last time. Remember your cousin shouting traitor?! Don't dooo eetttt." The thought rings within his mind but suddenly his arm carrying the stack of tickets begins to rise against his own will. "No don't DON'T Nakaba be strong your better than this!" he fights it back with all his will but ultimately fails.

With a sigh of his own, he offers his tickets to the spider to purchase the plushie. "Come on go ahead and take what you need. No strings attached." He says with a faint smile.

There was a few blinks as Nara turned slightly, looking at the man with a confused expression.

"Huh? You're...buying me a plushie?"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:13 am 
Shiba Hoshiko wrote:
"Everyone has a favorite." she grinned.

"Well yeah, but you never can tell where trying something new will take you." Tetsu winks.

When Serious: Heavy Armor
"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:14 am 
Utaku Hyeon-ju wrote:
It had been a wise choice to opt for something casual and light for her visit to the arcade. Wearing anything more or heavier would've been too hot and too bothersome to move in for some of these games... damn, she wanted to try that driving-game, but the line looked insanely long.

And of course, the one of the few fighter-jet simulator games were currently out of order. Though it looked like a knockoff of the Unicorn-game [i]Radiant Unicorn Attack II: Skies of Honor[/url].

Sighing, she popped the sour-apple flavored lolipop back into her mouth, trying to figure out what to do next.

(Open to be approached)

He looked over to his roommate. It was almost unnatural, the way he turned and beelined for her.

"Utaku-san. Have you played Streets of Thunder, yet? It would be nice to actually have someone else playing co-op with me." His icy blues almosy bore into her features when he spoke up, that unnatural aura surrounding his words.

Carries: Daisho, Sidearm, Uniform with the Daigotsu Mon, rank in Silver with black outline, Jade cufflinks, Communicator, Densai

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:18 am 
Turning to face her roommate, Hyeon-ju took the sour-apple lolipop out of her mouth again. "I did actually get a chance to play it earlier, but I wouldn't mind teaming up again, Daigotsu-san. Wait, did you play it on your own earlier?"

Her hazel eyes almost seemed like they could be warm, just on color alone, but her proper manner and reserved nature kind of counter-acted against their effect.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:27 am 
"I did. I beat it with Bayushi Kachiko. Her special is an effective screen clearer, the Silenced Sword of Aramoro, I believe?" He nodded as he spoke. "I do wish to play through it again, perhaps with Doji Hoturi. I heard he has an interesting B-costume, but that is only a rumor."

He didn't seem despondent that he had played it alone. "I have heard it is also more rewarding when played with friends."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:30 am 
Susumu Nara wrote:
There was a few blinks as Nara turned slightly, looking at the man with a confused expression.

"Huh? You're...buying me a plushie?"

"Hai hai I am buying you a plushie. Saw you ask another gentleman only to be ignored. A heartless act if I do say myself. Your staring so hard at those plushies you might just ignite them into flame with that fire in your eyes." Nakaba uncomfortably scratches the back of his head then looks to his left and right making sure none of his clansman see him. "I have enough for two if you want. It's really no trouble." he repeats the friendly gesture while attempting to mask nervousness. His usual sly smile of a businessman more crude than usual. Really shouldn't be doing this again but the tenet of compassion rings true in the samurai's mind.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:34 am 
Daigotsu Ryuu wrote:
"I did. I beat it with Bayushi Kachiko. Her special is an effective screen clearer, the Silenced Sword of Aramoro, I believe?" He nodded as he spoke. "I do wish to play through it again, perhaps with Doji Hoturi. I heard he has an interesting B-costume, but that is only a rumor."

He didn't seem despondent that he had played it alone. "I have heard it is also more rewarding when played with friends."

"Really? The Kachiko player I had on my team never used it... a pity." It had been a poor matchup, it seemed. Did he say Doji Hoturi? She seemed to recall it had been Doji Hotaru... hmmm... maybe it was dialect-thing?

"Well, I would be happy to play it again with you, Daigotsu-san. Shall we line up for it? You can tell me about what your day has been like."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:39 am 
Daidoji Ishiyo wrote:
Ishiyo narrowed her eyes and pressed her lips into a thin line. She took the plushie...and almost hugged it right there, but instead just contented herself with letting it sit in the crook of her arm. "You need to work on you-eh jokes." Still she petted the little plushie as she looked at him. "Thank you for the gift." Despite her expression, the voice came out kinder then she meant. Which only made her blush again and grimace.

He seemed pretty pleased with himself. This was going to be a good memory. He couldn't help be stare.

, Status: 4, Glory: 1

Carries: Sidearm, wakizashi, Densai, uniform/leisure or traditional clothes, cigs, fan.
Armor, Daisho, Rifle for battle.
Description

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:39 am 
Shinjo Yul wrote:
"We did, yeah." Yul said, spreading his arms.

He looked around. "But a pilot without a wingman is vulnerable to attack from behind. Someone could be closing in on my six, locking on..." He mimed gripping a stick, flipping a switch, pulling a trigger...

He smiled at her. "So that's why I'm nervous. Maybe I should ask you to cover my six, huh?"

"Eh?" Nozomi stepped around him, eyes straight at his six, in a certain respect. She then looked back up and smiled.

"So it'd be bad if somebody went... pow," she said, complete with a finger gun.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:49 am 
Daigotsu Shokomaru wrote:
He seemed pretty pleased with himself. This was going to be a good memory. He couldn't help be stare.

Ishiyo adopted that pseudo-angry look again, "What are you thinking? With that smirk on you-eh face." He was a very irritating man she thought. But charming in his own way.

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:50 am 
Kitsu Nozomi wrote:
"Eh?" Nozomi stepped around him, eyes straight at his six, in a certain respect. She then looked back up and smiled.

"So it'd be bad if somebody went... pow," she said, complete with a finger gun.

Yul watched, eyebrows climbing up, as Nozomi circled around him. He couldn't help but smirk as she so obviously checked him out.

"Well, maybe it's a little different in a miai. The consequences aren't quite as severe." He turned to face her, his smirk growing. "But as it happens, I usually prefer to be the one on their six."

Danger!: Armor, marksman's rifle

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:01 am 
Utaku Hyeon-ju wrote:

"Really? The Kachiko player I had on my team never used it... a pity." It had been a poor matchup, it seemed. Did he say Doji Hoturi? She seemed to recall it had been Doji Hotaru... hmmm... maybe it was dialect-thing?

"Well, I would be happy to play it again with you, Daigotsu-san. Shall we line up for it? You can tell me about what your day has been like."

"And likewise. I am sorry I awoke before you all this morning. I hope I did not disturb any of you." He replied, as they walked to line up. "The competition this morning was quite intense."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:04 am 
Kuchiki Tsugiharu wrote:
There certainly seemed to be a lot going on beneath that often furrowed brow. Tsugiharu wondered if there was a book that could tell one how to learn what that was.

"So...we didn't get to talk as much as I would have liked on our ride today. Perhaps I was a bit too cautious, but between the Otori getting riled with that pollen, and I just had a feeling that something worse was coming, I apologize for that. I think the ride was nearly as long as the visit."

"More than," she teased, smiling. "Still, we did get to see those butterflies and I think that made the whole trip worth the effort," she said with a soft laugh.

"I never did get to see that picture though," she said, raising a brow as she looked to Tsugiharu.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next