It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 5:09 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post subject: Re: [Day Three - Early Evening] Playing for Keeps (Retro Nig
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:05 am 
Kitsu Nozomi wrote:
"It sounds complicated." The Kitsu smiled anyways. "Maybe in another life I'll be a cool pilot."

Nozomi nodded along. "Why isn't she being your wingmate then for this dangerous battlefield of an arcade?"

Yul shrugged. "Could be." He wasn't really clear on how that worked.

Then he grimaced. "Hey, we're wingmates, but that doesn't mean we do everything together. Sometimes it's better to... not." Yul shrugged. "She can do fine on her own, anyway. So can I."

Danger!: Armor, marksman's rifle

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:15 am 
Doji Ichika wrote:
"Thank you!" she said with a bright smile, hearing the notification that it was received. Bowing in her turn.

He sipped his drink.

"So, Doji-san. Now that we have a chance to talk for awhile, what would you like to talk about?" he asked

He had a feeling that she'd wanted to ask something earlier, but never quite got the chance.

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Honorless Dog Status 1.0 CP: 3

Gear: Robes, Densai, Fantasy Fight Deck: Jurojin's Journey, sidearm, wakizashi, communicator, Hyper Dance Star Pin (1/8), Shirakawa Nagareboshi (TM) shades

"Illuminate a brighter future for the Spider Clan"

Theme Song

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:17 am 
Daidoji Ishiyo wrote:
"I would say you presume much," Ishiyo's face was red again, "Though given our relative positions you have the means to make it so."

She looked away for the moment, the little barb had hit her in an unexpected way. I mean it made sense if they were married, both were of wealth and status. And for all his faults he was someone she could probably grow to enjoy being around.

Her mind was briefly elsewhere and she squeezed the little otori harder.

He clucked his tongue at that. "I suppose I do, you might have a softer heart than I thought when we met, but you're very grounded... well, your thoughts seem to be. I hope you aren't grounded, Inu-tai and his new friend would be sad."

He didn't look at her while he spoke, looking a little wistful, it stood out on his face.

"Well, Daidoji-san. Good talk, neh? I hope you have a good new friend there." He smiled again and bowed.

, Status: 4, Glory: 1

Carries: Sidearm, wakizashi, Densai, uniform/leisure or traditional clothes, cigs, fan.
Armor, Daisho, Rifle for battle.
Description

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:30 am 
Shinjo Yul wrote:
Yul shrugged. "Could be." He wasn't really clear on how that worked.

Then he grimaced. "Hey, we're wingmates, but that doesn't mean we do everything together. Sometimes it's better to... not." Yul shrugged. "She can do fine on her own, anyway. So can I."

"I think I understand? It's harder to get to know someone else if your clanmate is by your side all the time, right? Defeats the purpose of the miai," Nozomi concluded with her classic push-glasses-up.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:35 am 
Daigotsu Shokomaru wrote:
He clucked his tongue at that. "I suppose I do, you might have a softer heart than I thought when we met, but you're very grounded... well, your thoughts seem to be. I hope you aren't grounded, Inu-tai and his new friend would be sad."

He didn't look at her while he spoke, looking a little wistful, it stood out on his face.

"Well, Daidoji-san. Good talk, neh? I hope you have a good new friend there." He smiled again and bowed.

Ishiyo looked back at Shokomaru, "..." She glanced down and then sighed, the Crane considered asking what he meant by softer heart....but instead, "Thank you again....it is what I was hoping I could have won on my own." A frown was on her face when she said that, but it seemed directed inwardly. Acknowledgment of failure perhaps.

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:39 am 
Fundai Tetsu wrote:
"Well yeah, but you never can tell where trying something new will take you." Tetsu winks.

"Absolutely." she nodded. "Streets of Thunder really isn't my kind of game, but I had a lot of fun."

GEAR: Densai, Wakizashi, Water Bottle, Purse
Accompanied by Ren, a shiba inu.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:44 am 
Daidoji Ishiyo wrote:
Ishiyo looked back at Shokomaru, "..." She glanced down and then sighed, the Crane considered asking what he meant by softer heart....but instead, "Thank you again....it is what I was hoping I could have won on my own." A frown was on her face when she said that, but it seemed directed inwardly. Acknowledgment of failure perhaps.

He smiled and chuckled a little.

"Daidoji-san, you're welcome. That's what friends do." He ordered the 40 ticket plushie and another 20 as well. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have some other other people to embarrass."

He winked. "Just remember I thought of you first. I'd like that, anyway."

Carries: Sidearm, wakizashi, Densai, uniform/leisure or traditional clothes, cigs, fan.
Description

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:51 am 
Ishiyo hugged her Otori plushie and watched the Daigotsu go. She still was not sure what her feelings toward the man were, but at least he was not a complete boor. "Remember Daigotsu-sama some of those you embarrass are more....aggressive then I am."

(Ishiyo is now presumably open again)

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:59 am 
Daidoji Ishiyo wrote:
Ishiyo hugged her Otori plushie and watched the Daigotsu go.

“Nice plushie,” a Scorpion man in a crew uniform said, having just stepped down from the Moshi Moshi dance machine. “I’m Bayushi Akagi, I don’t think we’ve met. Enjoying the games tonight?”

when appropriate: otori mount, light armor, standard rifle.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:01 am 
After exiting the starcade, his loot in a bag, he took out his comm and sent some messages as he went back to the hotel.

Description

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:02 am 
While people were having fun and games, Kuni Eriko had been standing at the line up for Driftmaster: Ignition Plus since the starting of the evening and she was still there. Her outfit tonight was a grey shirt with a mandarin collar and navy blue pants with a front tie.

Then the night started, she got a sense that this was THE game to play, despite not really knowing much about driving. Still, fared rather well with that tuk-tuk on the World of Dreams. How bad could it be driving with an extra wheel. However, as she sensed that time was running out this evening, she was beginning to get a bit nasty standing in a line that wasn't moving at all.

"Hey, what gives? I've been standing here all night and I still don't know what the hubbub is about. Some people have a really strange idea of a good time, you know?"

Day 3, Early Evening: Driftmaster: Ignition Plus, Etiquette/Awareness roll at TN15: 3d10o10k2 14

Run by GM Boogiepop / Art by Wernope

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:12 am 
Kuni Eriko wrote:
While people were having fun and games, Kuni Eriko had been standing at the line up for Driftmaster: Ignition Plus since the starting of the evening and she was still there. Her outfit tonight was a grey shirt with a mandarin collar and navy blue pants with a front tie.

Then the night started, she got a sense that this was THE game to play, despite not really knowing much about driving. Still, fared rather well with that tuk-tuk on the World of Dreams. How bad could it be driving with an extra wheel. However, as she sensed that time was running out this evening, she was beginning to get a bit nasty standing in a line that wasn't moving at all.

"Hey, what gives? I've been standing here all night and I still don't know what the hubbub is about. Some people have a really strange idea of a good time, you know?"

Day 3, Early Evening: Driftmaster: Ignition Plus, Etiquette/Awareness roll at TN15: 3d10o10k2 14

"You might decide to try your hand at a different game, Kuni-san. Hayato offered as he saw the Kuni in a bit of distress. "This one has had a long line like this all night."

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:21 am 
Eriko looked back at the line to see if it shifted at all. There were several Phoenix samurai who seemed to have turned their back to her, not wanting to engage the woman, especially with how pushy she had been. She looked back at the Mantis with a tilt of her head. "Ah, yeah? You're not just saying that because you're planning on taking my spot, Tsuruchi-sama. You could just ask nicely."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:23 am 
"Ah I already won some tickets and gave away my tickets to some of the kids running around here." He offered with a shrug. "If you're looking for something to play, though" He mimicked tossng up a ball and swinging at it.

"The baseball machine seems to hand out alot of tickets if ya have a good eye for it."

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:30 am 
Bayushi Akagi wrote:
Daidoji Ishiyo wrote:
Ishiyo hugged her Otori plushie and watched the Daigotsu go.

“Nice plushie,” a Scorpion man in a crew uniform said, having just stepped down from the Moshi Moshi dance machine. “I’m Bayushi Akagi, I don’t think we’ve met. Enjoying the games tonight?”

Ishiyo blinked and then chuckled nervously, "I got a little frustrated..." she raised the otori plushie a little, "This is only mine because of a friend."

She dips in an abbreviated bow, "Daidoji Ishiyo, Crane Navy. Figtheh pilot."

"And no we have not yet. Though I have seen you at some of the events and had a few discussions with your clan mate Bayushi Tenma-san."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:32 am 
Tsugiharu's communicator chimed, and he checked the message on it, before firing back a fast response.

Gear: Robes, Densai, Fantasy Fight Deck: Jurojin's Journey, sidearm, wakizashi, communicator, Hyper Dance Star Pin (1/8), Shirakawa Nagareboshi (TM) shades

Theme Song

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:56 am 
Kuchiki Tsugiharu wrote:
He sipped his drink.

"So, Doji-san. Now that we have a chance to talk for awhile, what would you like to talk about?" he asked

He had a feeling that she'd wanted to ask something earlier, but never quite got the chance.

"Oh, uhm," she said, tapping her chin. "Just kinda came over to check in after everything," she said, furrowing a brow. "Buuuut-" she paused as Tsugiharu responded to something. Glancing down at his communicator flashing out and then away again.

"Is that important, Kuchiki-san?" she asked, raising a brow.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:10 pm 
Doji Ichika wrote:

"Oh, uhm," she said, tapping her chin. "Just kinda came over to check in after everything," she said, furrowing a brow. "Buuuut-" she paused as Tsugiharu responded to something. Glancing down at his communicator flashing out and then away again.

"Is that important, Kuchiki-san?" she asked, raising a brow.

Tsugiharu shook his head.

"ie, no, Doji-san. But you know how it is when those of rank send messages. I'm sorry for the distraction. I'd turn it off but again those of rank find that sort of behavior bad." he admitted with a small bow.

He looked at her again. She was very pretty, and kind...but there was just something about her he wasn't quite sure about.

"Hm..you know, Doji-san, it occurs to me that we haven't really talked about you all that much. For example, what sort of duties do you envision yourself being assigned post-miai?" he asked.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:11 pm 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"Ah I already won some tickets and gave away my tickets to some of the kids running around here." He offered with a shrug. "If you're looking for something to play, though" He mimicked tossng up a ball and swinging at it.

"The baseball machine seems to hand out alot of tickets if ya have a good eye for it."

Eriko gave another glance at the line and gave a shrug as she stepped aside. Nobody was really in a hurry to take her spot after she was gone. "Nah, I think I'll be good, thanks. I got a meeting later in the night and it's not like I can't play games any other time. Apparently prizes are a one night deal? Eh, that's a shame. I snooze, I lose, right?"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:59 pm 
"I suppose that's how it goes sometimes unfortuneatly." He replied with a shake of his head. "I'd say I'd buy you a cute plush or something, but I've pretty sure the Phoenix kids have already spent them on candy."

"Though I could get you something from the vending machines if that will take the place of a prize?"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next