It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 5:12 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post subject: Re: [Day Three - Early Evening] Playing for Keeps (Retro Nig
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:41 pm 
Kuchiki Tsugiharu wrote:
Tsugiharu shook his head.

"ie, no, Doji-san. But you know how it is when those of rank send messages. I'm sorry for the distraction. I'd turn it off but again those of rank find that sort of behavior bad." he admitted with a small bow.

He looked at her again. She was very pretty, and kind...but there was just something about her he wasn't quite sure about.

"Hm..you know, Doji-san, it occurs to me that we haven't really talked about you all that much. For example, what sort of duties do you envision yourself being assigned post-miai?" he asked.

Waving a hand, "It's ok," she said quickly when he apologized for it. A soft smile was added in conjunction with it as to make sure the message was delivered nice and well. "Hmm? Oh!" she brought her hands up, together, and chuckled. "Of course, Kuchiki-san! Well.. it's a strange question to answer," she said with another light laugh. "You see.. I'm not certain! Whatever best aids my spouse in their duties, I suppose. Be it.. running the household or getting involved in social matters," she shrugged.

"Never really thought much of where I would be, but to be ready to adapt to whatever it might be, yea?" she said, the touch of a confident little smile.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:55 pm 
Doji Ichika wrote:
Waving a hand, "It's ok," she said quickly when he apologized for it. A soft smile was added in conjunction with it as to make sure the message was delivered nice and well. "Hmm? Oh!" she brought her hands up, together, and chuckled. "Of course, Kuchiki-san! Well.. it's a strange question to answer," she said with another light laugh. "You see.. I'm not certain! Whatever best aids my spouse in their duties, I suppose. Be it.. running the household or getting involved in social matters," she shrugged.

"Never really thought much of where I would be, but to be ready to adapt to whatever it might be, yea?" she said, the touch of a confident little smile.

Tsugiharu nods.

"Well adaptability is key, especially when one cannot be entirely certain of the colors they'll be wearing when this is all over. Do you have a great deal of experience with those things, Doji-san? I'm curious about the experiences that led you to this miai." he inquired.

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Honorless Dog Status 1.0 CP: 3

Gear: Robes, Densai, Fantasy Fight Deck: Jurojin's Journey, sidearm, wakizashi, communicator, Hyper Dance Star Pin (1/8), Shirakawa Nagareboshi (TM) shades

"Illuminate a brighter future for the Spider Clan"

Theme Song

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:01 am 
Yasuki Nakaba wrote:
"Hai hai I am buying you a plushie. Saw you ask another gentleman only to be ignored. A heartless act if I do say myself. Your staring so hard at those plushies you might just ignite them into flame with that fire in your eyes." Nakaba uncomfortably scratches the back of his head then looks to his left and right making sure none of his clansman see him. "I have enough for two if you want. It's really no trouble." he repeats the friendly gesture while attempting to mask nervousness. His usual sly smile of a businessman more crude than usual. Really shouldn't be doing this again but the tenet of compassion rings true in the samurai's mind.

Nara's eyes lit up.

"You are so nice! I really shouldn't take your tickets from you though, ne? What if you want something" she managed to at least remember the game of refusals despite wanting a plushie or a hundred.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:40 am 
Kitsu Nozomi wrote:
"I think I understand? It's harder to get to know someone else if your clanmate is by your side all the time, right? Defeats the purpose of the miai," Nozomi concluded with her classic push-glasses-up.

"There are definitely some situations at a miai where I'd really rather not have a wingman, yeah." Yul said, chuckling softly.

He glanced around. "What about you? Anyone watching your back, Kitsu-san?"

Danger!: Armor, marksman's rifle

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:01 am 
Shinjo Yul wrote:
"There are definitely some situations at a miai where I'd really rather not have a wingman, yeah." Yul said, chuckling softly.

He glanced around. "What about you? Anyone watching your back, Kitsu-san?"

The Kitsu shrugged. "If you count the rest of my clan, then yes. However, nobody has specifically designated themselves as such, unlike in your case." She pursed her lips and then chuckled. "I certainly hope I don't need a yojimbo or something of the sort. But, of course, we are talking about another sort of wingmate entirely..."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:41 am 
Kuchiki Tsugiharu wrote:
Tsugiharu nods.

"Well adaptability is key, especially when one cannot be entirely certain of the colors they'll be wearing when this is all over. Do you have a great deal of experience with those things, Doji-san? I'm curious about the experiences that led you to this miai." he inquired.

"A great deal of experience, Kuchiki-san?" she asked, raising a brow. "I don't really know which you mean, Kuchiki-san," she said, letting out a half-awkward chuckle.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:46 am 
Susumu Nara wrote:
Nara's eyes lit up.

"You are so nice! I really shouldn't take your tickets from you though, ne? What if you want something" she managed to at least remember the game of refusals despite wanting a plushie or a hundred.

"The memory of a joyful evening is enough to suffice. That's worth more than anything on that shelf." Nakaba shrugs playfully. "Be a shame to let these tickets go to waste. Especially when they can so easily make the night worth while for another." His smile small but sincere.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:47 am 
Doji Ichika wrote:

"A great deal of experience, Kuchiki-san?" she asked, raising a brow. "I don't really know which you mean, Kuchiki-san," she said, letting out a half-awkward chuckle.

Tsugiharu chuckled.

"I mean, Doji-san, what was your time like before you came here? Watching your parents spin friendships into complex alliances? Days spent watching the myriad decisions made to make a household function? You didn't arrive on planet in a box labeled 'Pretty, Generic Doji Courtier, female', right?" he offered, his tone light, even though the Crane's evasive nature was starting to wear on him just a bit.

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Honorless Dog Status 1.0 CP: 3

Gear: Robes, Densai, Fantasy Fight Deck: Jurojin's Journey, sidearm, wakizashi, communicator, Hyper Dance Star Pin (1/8), Shirakawa Nagareboshi (TM) shades

"Illuminate a brighter future for the Spider Clan"

Theme Song

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:59 am 
Daigotsu Ryuu wrote:
"Not every day ends in swordfights in the rain. Sometimes it is just shuffling case files between offices." His voice was level, though there seemed to be a hint of humor there.

Then she mentioned Ichika. His mouth formed to a hard line. "Doji Ichika-san is a true and proper samurai, as we all are. Her talents will see her through, I am sure." It might have been the lighting in the arcade, but there was a slight hint of flush in his face.

"I firmly believe she will find a gold match here. And that spouse will be an extremely lucky and blessed individual."

There were two names that echoed in the beating of his heart, the kntake of his breath.

It was confusing.

It was thrilling.

The Obsidian Magistrate had not come to Asakaze expecting that.

The perceptive Unicorn watched her roommate blush, and considered whether or not to push the question. It would be rude, but...

"... If Daigotsu-san wishes to talk about the options he might find himself with during this miai, as your roommate I am of course willing to listen and offer my opinions." Hyeon-ju never had a shortage of opinions to give.

"Just putting that there. Right. It's almost our turn now." In fact, they would be next up in the line soon... a fresh team just entered the game and were selecting their characters.

Has: Daisho, sidearm, fashionable attire, cool shades, densai, comm, Kami-pet.
Sometimes: Light armor, Marksman rifle.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:07 am 
Kitsu Nozomi wrote:
The Kitsu shrugged. "If you count the rest of my clan, then yes. However, nobody has specifically designated themselves as such, unlike in your case." She pursed her lips and then chuckled. "I certainly hope I don't need a yojimbo or something of the sort. But, of course, we are talking about another sort of wingmate entirely..."

"A very different sort." Yul agreed. "A yojimbo... probably does the opposite of help with some things in a miai. Nothing spoils a romantic mood like an armed guy watching over the proceedings."

He waved a hand. "But nah, you should be fine, here. The danger's all outside the walls. Mostly." Yul corrected, frowning, but without explanation. "Still, if you get a chance to do some exploring, I'd recommend it."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:13 am 
Shinjo Yul wrote:
"A very different sort." Yul agreed. "A yojimbo... probably does the opposite of help with some things in a miai. Nothing spoils a romantic mood like an armed guy watching over the proceedings."

He waved a hand. "But nah, you should be fine, here. The danger's all outside the walls. Mostly." Yul corrected, frowning, but without explanation. "Still, if you get a chance to do some exploring, I'd recommend it."

Nozomi opened her mouth and then kept it shut. After a few moments of contemplation, she said, "There could be worse things than that."

She tilted her head at his frown but otherwise didn't call him out on it, at least not directly. "Danger is always present. But yes, I think it'd be nice to go out with someone who knows what they're doing out there."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:32 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"I suppose that's how it goes sometimes unfortuneatly." He replied with a shake of his head. "I'd say I'd buy you a cute plush or something, but I've pretty sure the Phoenix kids have already spent them on candy."

"Though I could get you something from the vending machines if that will take the place of a prize?"

Eriko couldn't help but snicker. "You know, as much as it might be to chase down a couple of kids and take their tickets, I think I have a good enough head on my shoulders to know that's probably wrong on so many levels. However, thank you for trying to stop me from hasslin' some kiddos. You don't need to get me anything but I appreciate the thought. You're all right."

She crossed her arms and found a machine to lean against. "How have you been anyway? Sorry for not being chummy enough at our dorm. I don't know if I've been missing out on meet-ups and cookouts around here."

Run by GM Boogiepop / Art by Wernope

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:01 am 
Utaku Hyeon-ju wrote:
The perceptive Unicorn watched her roommate blush, and considered whether or not to push the question. It would be rude, but...

"... If Daigotsu-san wishes to talk about the options he might find himself with during this miai, as your roommate I am of course willing to listen and offer my opinions." Hyeon-ju never had a shortage of opinions to give.

"Just putting that there. Right. It's almost our turn now." In fact, they would be next up in the line soon... a fresh team just entered the game and were selecting their characters.

"That is a conversation I would want to have with you in private. Perhaps tomorrow?" He nodded to her, then saw what she saw, and his smile grew excited. "Or perhaps while we are playing the game, less likely to have anyone interjecting."

Carries: Daisho, Sidearm, Uniform with the Daigotsu Mon, rank in Silver with black outline, Jade cufflinks, Communicator, Densai
Danger: Rifle, Light Armor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:33 am 
"Tomorrow sounds good to me, actually. I want to focus on winning." The Utaku was a bit single-minded sometimes, and even games must be treated with the utmost seriousness if she was to make up for her failure earlier.

"You picking Kachiko again?"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:45 am 
"I was contemplating picking Doji Hoturi... Hotaru... the Crane Thunder. Perhaps to honor my mother's side of the family. I believe their strength is DPS. But if you prefer I take a character with a board clear, I would choose Kachiko again. Her sprite animation can be a bit... much... but harmless fun, no?" He smiled, then looked to her.

"What about you?"

Carries: Daisho, Sidearm, Uniform with the Daigotsu Mon, rank in Silver with black outline, Jade cufflinks, Communicator, Densai
Danger: Rifle, Light Armor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:57 am 
"Hm, I did play Kamoko last time, but... maybe I should try something else." It was a bit trite playing only the character from your own clan, after all.

"I think I will try the Lion Thunder. I overheard some saying that's one of the strongest damage-dealers in the game."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:38 am 
Kuni Eriko wrote:
Eriko couldn't help but snicker. "You know, as much as it might be to chase down a couple of kids and take their tickets, I think I have a good enough head on my shoulders to know that's probably wrong on so many levels. However, thank you for trying to stop me from hasslin' some kiddos. You don't need to get me anything but I appreciate the thought. You're all right."

She crossed her arms and found a machine to lean against. "How have you been anyway? Sorry for not being chummy enough at our dorm. I don't know if I've been missing out on meet-ups and cookouts around here."

"Ah, you don't need to worry about that Kuni-san. Honestly I don't spend too much time up in our room myself, just use it as a place to crash really." He ran a hand through his hair then reached into his pocket for another stick of nicotine gum.

"Still I'm glad I stopped you from chasing down those kids." He replied with a chuckle. "Though you could probably get some from some of these other gentlmen iif you had the mind. Alot of em seem to be trying to go for the romantic angle of winning a prize for the lady they like."

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:52 am 
Kuchiki Tsugiharu wrote:
Tsugiharu chuckled.

"I mean, Doji-san, what was your time like before you came here? Watching your parents spin friendships into complex alliances? Days spent watching the myriad decisions made to make a household function? You didn't arrive on planet in a box labeled 'Pretty, Generic Doji Courtier, female', right?" he offered, his tone light, even though the Crane's evasive nature was starting to wear on him just a bit.

"No, no I didn't," she shook her head, her voice turning sheepish. "My mother often had many dignitaries visit, but they were often invited over to see me perform some of my poetry. Both when I was young, and when I was older as the school which I attended was near our home," she said sheepishly, glancing aside. "My father kept his work away from home.. so, I didn't really get a sense of my work from them. Other than that," she looked down a little, but her glasses started to slip so she righted herself and pushed them back up. "I attended to the teachings of my Sensei. Spent time with friends and wrote poetry," she shrugged.

"Was that what Kuchiki-san was hoping for as an answer?" she raised a brow, the pink frames of her glasses obscuring more than half of them.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:06 pm 
"I could...sure," she said as she gave a glance around to see if anyone here was doing that. One was an oddity, two was a coincidence, and three was a trend. Or something. "But I'm not exactly one to put the squeeze on someone for some goofy glasses or some flute I'm going to forget about by the end of the night. Ah-ah, not too exciting. Call me sour grapes, if you want. In some of the bigger cities, they have these joints where you could get alcohol or porcelain with your tickets."

Run by GM Boogiepop / Art by Wernope

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:34 pm 
Kitsu Nozomi wrote:
Nozomi opened her mouth and then kept it shut. After a few moments of contemplation, she said, "There could be worse things than that."

She tilted her head at his frown but otherwise didn't call him out on it, at least not directly. "Danger is always present. But yes, I think it'd be nice to go out with someone who knows what they're doing out there."

Yul had some experience, but not that much experience. "What?" He said, blinking.

Shaking his head, he let it go. "Uh, yeah. There's lots of expeditions going out, from time to time. I bet the Lion have some. Or... I could see if there was extra space if I'm going out sometime?"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next