It is currently Mon Jul 01, 2024 1:27 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next

Post subject: Re: [Day Three - Early Evening] Playing for Keeps (Retro Nig
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:14 am 
Asako Ryo wrote:
"I don't doubt that father will know what is best for the Shiro." He said plainly on the matter. "I suppose there are a lot of possibilities and I know many of them are grand, seeing as he also entertained the Crab enough to host a wrestling event here. Surely, that and the otori wrangling event are meant to plant seeds for the future. Shiro Yaoke will be a very different place here once his term is up, that's for sure. It wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility to have both."

Tsugiharu nodded.

"I'm sure both you and your father will be remembered on this world long after you've gone." he offered sincerely.

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Honorless Dog Status 1.0 CP: 3

Gear: Robes, Densai, Fantasy Fight Deck: Jurojin's Journey, sidearm, wakizashi, communicator, Hyper Dance Star Pin (1/8), Shirakawa Nagareboshi (TM) shades

"Illuminate a brighter future for the Spider Clan"

Theme Song

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:16 am 
Shinjo Yul wrote:
"Apologies again." Yul flashed an apologetic smile. Damnit, where had he met her? He was certain he didn't remember that name.

"As it happens, I've met a few of your fellows. Murame Shoan, Matsu Chiyoko, Matsu Hide." Yul inclined his head. "All very impressive, in their ways."

Nozomi opened her mouth but then shut it. She tapped her foot and then smiled. "It is not a big deal," she finally said.

"Then you have met most of us," she said, "And I agree with your assessment. That isn't much from my part though, is it?" Lion did have a tendency of sticking together... until they didn't.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:22 am 
Seeing that most had moved to get prizes almost immediately, Hayato looked for a group of Phoenix youngsters to pass his tickets off to. They'd likely get far more enjoyment from them then he.

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:05 am 
Boogiepop wrote:

Hakue nodded and pulled out her densai to cast a spell on Atena...or whoever she might be.

Day 3, Casting Earth's Touch at TN10: 4d10o10k3 19

The earth kami empowered and strengthened Atena, hoping to deter any other repeat episodes tonight in case her condition relapses.

"Thank you for cooperating, Mantis-san. You're free to go with Hida-san, if you wish." She nodded and took a step back, she was done here unless they needed anything else from her.

"Arigatou Phoenix sama... I will take my leave then." She looked at the Crab girl and nodded. "Please would you take me there?"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:49 am 
Kitsu Nozomi wrote:
Nozomi opened her mouth but then shut it. She tapped her foot and then smiled. "It is not a big deal," she finally said.

"Then you have met most of us," she said, "And I agree with your assessment. That isn't much from my part though, is it?" Lion did have a tendency of sticking together... until they didn't.

Yul shrugged. "I mean, you've gotta back your clanmates, even if they are a pain in your backside." Yul smirked; he had someone in mind, of course.

"So, how's the miai been going for you? That's both you specifically, and the Lion generally." Yul asked.

Danger!: Armor, marksman's rifle

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:42 am 

"Take care, Mantis-san," she said before dismissing herself with a bow. With a lot of questions on her mind, she wasn't going to leave just yet. She lingered around for any further incidents.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:48 am 
"Ah, well, we'll just have to see what lies in the future for the colony," he said with an uncertain shrug and he gave a glance toward the Moshi. He was relieved that commotion was over at least.

As much as he would like to think otherwise, the miai was tied to the success of the colony. "I wonder if anyone else is thinking much of Shiro Yaoke and Asakaze, or they're just having fun around here."

Run by GM Boogiepop / Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:12 am 
Asako Ryo wrote:
"Ah, well, we'll just have to see what lies in the future for the colony," he said with an uncertain shrug and he gave a glance toward the Moshi. He was relieved that commotion was over at least.

As much as he would like to think otherwise, the miai was tied to the success of the colony. "I wonder if anyone else is thinking much of Shiro Yaoke and Asakaze, or they're just having fun around here."

"Is THAT where we are? I'd been wondering." Tsugiharu offered, clearly joking.

He shook his head.

"I would suppose that would depend on one's sense of where they will be going after the miai, Asako-sama." he offered, returning to the more serious tone of the conversation. "If one feels certain that they will be marrying into the Phoenix and moving here, it would behoove them to learn everything they can about living on the world before having to move here. If they are certain they will be marrying someone else and these will be the only weeks they spend on Asakaze....well, them having fun is not an entirely bad thing for Asakaze. I'm sure any courtier worth their cap could go into the benefits of maintaining a web of allies who think positively of your world far better than I ever could."

Gear: Robes, Densai, Fantasy Fight Deck: Jurojin's Journey, sidearm, wakizashi, communicator, Hyper Dance Star Pin (1/8), Shirakawa Nagareboshi (TM) shades

Theme Song

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:24 am 
Shinjo Yul wrote:
Yul shrugged. "I mean, you've gotta back your clanmates, even if they are a pain in your backside." Yul smirked; he had someone in mind, of course.

"So, how's the miai been going for you? That's both you specifically, and the Lion generally." Yul asked.

"The sentiment is the same across all clans," Nozomi said with a warm smile. She then tilted her head in thought over his next questions. "It has been like a nice vacation?"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:30 am 
Kitsu Nozomi wrote:
"The sentiment is the same across all clans," Nozomi said with a warm smile. She then tilted her head in thought over his next questions. "It has been like a nice vacation?"

"Yeah?" Yul crossed his arms over his chest, grinning. "You know, I guess it has been, in some way. Although some days, it still feels like I'm in a dogfight."

He waved a hand around. "On the other hand, I've just spent the last hour playing arcade games. I guess it can't be that much like a dogfight."

Danger!: Armor, marksman's rifle

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:51 am 
Kuchiki Tsugiharu wrote:
"Is THAT where we are? I'd been wondering." Tsugiharu offered, clearly joking.

He shook his head.

"I would suppose that would depend on one's sense of where they will be going after the miai, Asako-sama." he offered, returning to the more serious tone of the conversation. "If one feels certain that they will be marrying into the Phoenix and moving here, it would behoove them to learn everything they can about living on the world before having to move here. If they are certain they will be marrying someone else and these will be the only weeks they spend on Asakaze....well, them having fun is not an entirely bad thing for Asakaze. I'm sure any courtier worth their cap could go into the benefits of maintaining a web of allies who think positively of your world far better than I ever could."

Ryo understood it was a joke and gave a few sound nods, although he wasn't going to get that chummy with the Spider just yet.

"Right, I guess some people will just be passing by," he nodded. "I'm sure we have a few things planned around here to ensure that some connections are lasting, like the otori loan and some of the entertainment around here. If it were up to me, it would be nice if it were more than that, of course. This is the world where your unions will be arranged, which will likely warrant some wedding invitations provided our way, at the very least. I'm sure my father or someone from his staff would be more than happy to go, if they are mindfully provided."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:08 pm 
Asako Ryo wrote:

Ryo understood it was a joke and gave a few sound nods, although he wasn't going to get that chummy with the Spider just yet.

"Right, I guess some people will just be passing by," he nodded. "I'm sure we have a few things planned around here to ensure that some connections are lasting, like the otori loan and some of the entertainment around here. If it were up to me, it would be nice if it were more than that, of course. This is the world where your unions will be arranged, which will likely warrant some wedding invitations provided our way, at the very least. I'm sure my father or someone from his staff would be more than happy to go, if they are mindfully provided."

Tsugiharu was pretty sure the only invitation the governor was planning to accept on his behalf was to the going away party the Phoenix were throwing after Tsugiharu left on the Shuttle of Shame.

He titled his head a bit.

"More than that, Asako-sama? What do you mean by that?" he asked, genuinely curious about Ryo's thoughts on the matter.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:18 pm 
He gave a shrug at that. It was perhaps more a feeling than a plan. "I haven't fully figured it out, Kuchiki-san. I'm just one courtier, even if the governor's son. Certainly, some investment and attachment to your host, my father, would be a good start. I know some guests are already doing that, at least. Not everyone can see my father, to be certain, but I would imagine everyone Clan here can have some conversation with him."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:33 pm 
Asako Ryo wrote:
He gave a shrug at that. It was perhaps more a feeling than a plan. "I haven't fully figured it out, Kuchiki-san. I'm just one courtier, even if the governor's son. Certainly, some investment and attachment to your host, my father, would be a good start. I know some guests are already doing that, at least. Not everyone can see my father, to be certain, but I would imagine everyone Clan here can have some conversation with him."

Kuchiki Tsugiharu wrote:

Tsugiharu was pretty sure the only invitation the governor was planning to accept on his behalf was to the going away party the Phoenix were throwing after Tsugiharu left on the Shuttle of Shame.

He titled his head a bit.

"More than that, Asako-sama? What do you mean by that?" he asked, genuinely curious about Ryo's thoughts on the matter.

Having made her way around, giving herself some time to calm down with what she saw. Even if she knew everything was fine, she still had to give some time to hope she would be alright. Circling around one of the machines she found herself somewhat near Tsugiharu and a Phoenix. Standing off to the side in her goofy plastic glasses she gave a wave to Tsugiharu from nearby with a goofy smile.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:52 pm 
Daigotsu-no-Kami, please save me from this tall as he is stuck up boring Phoenix courtier. I'll take anything, send an earthquake, a flood, have the Moshi possessed by a demon and have Nara shoot her, just please get me out of here. he offered as a quick mental prayer.

And his prayers were answered by a lovely Crane.

Thank you Daigotsu-no-kami.

"Ah...well, speaking of meeting people, Asako-sama, I see an acquaintance of mine signalling to me. We took a ride to the lake this afternoon which was unfortunately cut short due to pollen. And it would be doubly bad form for me to continue to monopolize the time of one of our gracious hosts. But truly, quite an experience meeting you....if you'll excuse me." he said bowing deeper than was strictly necessary, but not so much as to insult the Phoenix.

Once released from the literal grip of boredom, he made his way over to the Doji.

"Doji-san, I know what you're thinking. I agree, let's go gets some drinks from the vending machine." he said with a bow.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:23 pm 
Asako Ryo didn't seem to eager to keep the Spider and returned the bow, allowing him leave to join his friend. "Have yourself a good evening, Kuchiki-san."

With that, he stopped playing courtier and rejoined his friends to see how they were doing at the baseball machine. "That was three tries, Nagi! Not even close!"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:32 pm 
"I- uh.." she bowed instinctively when he afforded her one. With a raised brow she looked over passed his shoulder to the Phoenix who was turning back to his friends, tilting her head to the right and furrowing her brow. Relaxing her expression as she returned her look to Tsugiharu, "Uhm-.. okay!" she said, rolling with it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:40 pm 
Doji Ichika wrote:
"I- uh.." she bowed instinctively when he afforded her one. With a raised brow she looked over passed his shoulder to the Phoenix who was turning back to his friends, tilting her head to the right and furrowing her brow. Relaxing her expression as she returned her look to Tsugiharu, "Uhm-.. okay!" she said, rolling with it.

Tsugiharu looked over the drink selections, before picking two bottles of a clear sweet liquid at random.

"I never did actually find out what you like from the machine, Doji-san, I hope this is ok." he said offering the bottle.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:49 pm 
Arcade night, huh?

He wondered if they'd have River City: Battle for Blood, but not every arcade can pack that much violence, especially in Phoenix territory. Walking through he noted some commotion, but that wasn't his business. He was sure whoever was involved was getting taken care of.

He didn't have much to do, though. He liked video games sure, but his sister always kicked his ass soundly. Though like dancing, you didn't have to be good to have fun, he supposed.

, Status: 4, Glory: 1

Carries: Sidearm, wakizashi, Densai, uniform/leisure or traditional clothes, cigs, fan.
Armor, Daisho, Rifle for battle.
Description

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:51 pm 
Kuchiki Tsugiharu wrote:
Tsugiharu looked over the drink selections, before picking two bottles of a clear sweet liquid at random.

"I never did actually find out what you like from the machine, Doji-san, I hope this is ok." he said offering the bottle.

"Uh.." she said, looking to Tsugiharu as they came up to the machine. Tilting her head to the right a little as she raised her eyebrow, "Are- are you alright Kuchiki-san? You seem like you're running away rather fast from something," she said, an awkward little chuckle.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next