It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 10:49 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next

Post subject: Re: [Day Three - Early Evening] Playing for Keeps (Retro Nig
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:40 am 
Daidoji Ishiyo wrote:
The Crane sighed inwardly, not merely caught but by a man who had tossed her aside in their previous social interaction. Well not counting the trip into the woods.

"Daigotsu-sama." Her blue eyes move to the Spider, and of course he was at the prize counter. She smiled the sort of pleasant meaningless smile the Crane were good at, "Can I help you?"

He bowed slightly when she approached. Also noting her smile and reluctance.

"I had a bit of luck", he admitted. "Though I'm having some trouble picking spoils. I wantrd to ask your advice on what I should pick. Will you help me?"

, Status: 4, Glory: 1

Carries: Sidearm, wakizashi, Densai, uniform/leisure or traditional clothes, cigs, fan.
Armor, Daisho, Rifle for battle.
Description

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:09 am 
Having none of her own the Crane had dispensed with even looking over the list, "I have not really had much luck at the machines." Ishiyo shrugged, "Not even really sure what the prizes are."

Her blue eyes looked back across the arcade, "I am not sure my advice would be of value...."

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:16 am 
"Even if you say that, I'm asking", he assured her. "It might not be worth much to some, but my opinion is your the person I need to ask." he tapped the counter, where the exchange menu was. "I know I keep asking you for things, and maybe I've scraped my head for it when I went too far, but I think you know I'm not that bad by now, so do me a favor and help me out, eh?"

Carries: Sidearm, wakizashi, Densai, uniform/leisure or traditional clothes, cigs, fan.
Description

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:45 am 
Shiba Hoshiko wrote:
Fundai Tetsu wrote:
"You got a pretty good amount too! What games did you pick?"

"MMSSO3 is my favorite, but I played Starlight Miko Crusaders and Streets of Thunder 4, too." she answered. "I'm surprised I did so well on the others."

"Nice! I did Starlight Crusaders, and Drift Ignition, but Castle Crash is my jam."

When Serious: Heavy Armor
"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:55 am 
"Everyone has a favorite." she grinned.

GEAR: Densai, Wakizashi, Water Bottle, Purse
Accompanied by Ren, a shiba inu.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:58 am 
Ishiyo let out a soft sigh and leaned over the counter next to him, her eyes were studying the menu, but her voice came soft and low...meant for Shokomaru's ears only. "I told you I did not win anything...is this anotheh ploy to drag me out in front of everyone to embarrass me?"

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:09 am 
For his part Hayato people watched a can of vending machine tea in his hand and a stick of nicotine gum in his mouth. It was kinda interesting seeing the pairs come together. It reminded him a bit of the wager he discussed with the Utaku.

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:11 am 
Daidoji Ishiyo wrote:
Ishiyo let out a soft sigh and leaned over the counter next to him, her eyes were studying the menu, but her voice came soft and low...meant for Shokomaru's ears only. "I told you I did not win anything...is this anotheh ploy to drag me out in front of everyone to embarrass me?"

He put on a thoughtful look.

"To say I don't want to embarrass you would be pretty insincere of me", he answered also talking quite low. He leaned on the counter close to her, smiling wide. It wasn't the shark teeth she might expect, but calling it simply friendly would be a stretch. "Maybe I just think you're worth the effort. Or...", his expression changed to one that was a great deal more genuine. "It's possible I thought you had it in you to help regardless, since you were able to praise Utaku-san and Matsu-san for their performance at the biathalon."

Yeah, he was simultaneously annoyed at her for bringing it up then and still thinking highly of her for it despite everything.

Description

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:33 am 
Ishiyo blushed in return, "No you are right...I am being petty. Just, the biathlon is one thing but this is...just frustrating. The arcade machines I mean." She sighed, "Alright, alright. How many tickets do you have Daigotsu-sama?"

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:39 am 
Daidoji Ishiyo wrote:
Ishiyo blushed in return, "No you are right...I am being petty. Just, the biathlon is one thing but this is...just frustrating. The arcade machines I mean." She sighed, "Alright, alright. How many tickets do you have Daigotsu-sama?"

He shrgged, cocking his head a little with that same quite sincere smile. "If Daidoji-san is petty, I'm afraid to think of what I might be. Maybe some kind of lower life form, maybe a crawdad? Cockroach? Amoeba?"

His smile was still there and he pointed to the prize menu, near where it read Telescope Set - 80 Tickets. "About that much."

Description

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:40 am 
Kuchiki Tsugiharu wrote:
Tsugiharu sipped his drink.

"In a nutshell. But enough about him. What victory has earned Doji-san her latest accouterments?" he asked, looking to change the subject.

"O-oh, uhm," she said, glancing over toward the dancing machine, "That one, with the really long name," she said, a soft and half awkward chuckle. "Was nice to dance again but for tickets this time," she said with a light laugh, looking back to Tsugiharu.

"I tried the racing game too with some of the people I met when walking over from the dancing one, and I didn't win but it was still fun," she said with a soft laugh. Touching up the plastic glasses on her face, making sure they sat right.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:45 am 
Doji Ichika wrote:

"O-oh, uhm," she said, glancing over toward the dancing machine, "That one, with the really long name," she said, a soft and half awkward chuckle. "Was nice to dance again but for tickets this time," she said with a light laugh, looking back to Tsugiharu.

"I tried the racing game too with some of the people I met when walking over from the dancing one, and I didn't win but it was still fun," she said with a soft laugh. Touching up the plastic glasses on her face, making sure they sat right.

He smiled a bit.

"Ah, that's a nice experience to take home with you Doji-san. That racing game is quite popular, and I understand that once retro night is over back in the vault it goes. I think the dancing machine is staying though. Good music in it, though I wouldn't mind dancing with you again sometime on the older one. Still seven pins we could win after all." he said with a tap of the pin.

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Honorless Dog Status 1.0 CP: 3

Gear: Robes, Densai, Fantasy Fight Deck: Jurojin's Journey, sidearm, wakizashi, communicator, Hyper Dance Star Pin (1/8), Shirakawa Nagareboshi (TM) shades

"Illuminate a brighter future for the Spider Clan"

Theme Song

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:04 am 
Kuchiki Tsugiharu wrote:
He smiled a bit.

"Ah, that's a nice experience to take home with you Doji-san. That racing game is quite popular, and I understand that once retro night is over back in the vault it goes. I think the dancing machine is staying though. Good music in it, though I wouldn't mind dancing with you again sometime on the older one. Still seven pins we could win after all." he said with a tap of the pin.

"Mmm," she vocalized, nodded her head twice with some renewed energy, "Yea!" she chuckled a little, "We'll have to do that sometime, Kuchiki-san," she said, looking to him, a furrowing of her brow stopped short as she rested her expression.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:06 am 
Shinjo Yul wrote:
Yul grinned. "Whoa, check out Kitsu-san coming in with a class A pun. Nice one." He chuckled, as much amused that she made the joke than at the content of it.

He shook his head. "The Unicorn look out for each other, but I wouldn't say I have a wingman, exactly." He looked around. "And definitely not here."

He looked back at Nozomi, smirking just a little. "Do you think I should be nervous?"

Nozomi grinned and then closed her mouth, a bit embarrassed by her blatant display of joyfulness.

"Eh? Why should you be nervous?" she asked in a way that implied that he of all people shouldn't be nervous. She looked around too for any of his compatriots. "I assume, at least, all the other clans had a little meeting about 'how to find a spouse' here at the miai."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:26 am 
Daigotsu Shokomaru wrote:
He shrgged, cocking his head a little with that same quite sincere smile. "If Daidoji-san is petty, I'm afraid to think of what I might be. Maybe some kind of lower life form, maybe a crawdad? Cockroach? Amoeba?"

His smile was still there and he pointed to the prize menu, near where it read Telescope Set - 80 Tickets. "About that much."

Ishiyo's eyes narrow and she grimaces. "I see...." Still she had already decided to help the man, and he was at least trying to flatter her, "You underestimate you-eh self, Daigotsu-sama. You can at least make it to vulture." Despite her frustration, an amused tone accompanied her comment...and she realized it had been real. That made her grimace harder, and blush a little.

"That one." Her finger was pressed on the otori plushie.

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:40 am 
Daidoji Ishiyo wrote:
Ishiyo's eyes narrow and she grimaces. "I see...." Still she had already decided to help the man, and he was at least trying to flatter her, "You underestimate you-eh self, Daigotsu-sama. You can at least make it to vulture." Despite her frustration, an amused tone accompanied her comment...and she realized it had been real. That made her grimace harder, and blush a little.

"That one." Her finger was pressed on the otori plushie.

"Oh, I can move up?" he brushed his shoulder off. "Evolving from creepy crawler to flying vermin is a massive step, Daidoji-san must be generous."

He ordered the plushie and looked at it, bopped it on the beak with his finger.

"Or perhaps she just thinks I'm a swell guy, what do you say, Otori-chan?" he effected a falsetto, moving the bird's head. "You're a louse, Daigotsu-sama wark wark."

He handed it over to Ishiyo. "I don't think he and I will get along, but I can't very well leave him here all alone."

Description

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:48 am 
Doji Ichika wrote:

"Mmm," she vocalized, nodded her head twice with some renewed energy, "Yea!" she chuckled a little, "We'll have to do that sometime, Kuchiki-san," she said, looking to him, a furrowing of her brow stopped short as she rested her expression.

There certainly seemed to be a lot going on beneath that often furrowed brow. Tsugiharu wondered if there was a book that could tell one how to learn what that was.

"So...we didn't get to talk as much as I would have liked on our ride today. Perhaps I was a bit too cautious, but between the Otori getting riled with that pollen, and I just had a feeling that something worse was coming, I apologize for that. I think the ride was nearly as long as the visit."

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Honorless Dog Status 1.0 CP: 3

Gear: Robes, Densai, Fantasy Fight Deck: Jurojin's Journey, sidearm, wakizashi, communicator, Hyper Dance Star Pin (1/8), Shirakawa Nagareboshi (TM) shades

"Illuminate a brighter future for the Spider Clan"

Theme Song

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:55 am 
Daigotsu Shokomaru wrote:
"Oh, I can move up?" he brushed his shoulder off. "Evolving from creepy crawler to flying vermin is a massive step, Daidoji-san must be generous."

He ordered the plushie and looked at it, bopped it on the beak with his finger.

"Or perhaps she just thinks I'm a swell guy, what do you say, Otori-chan?" he effected a falsetto, moving the bird's head. "You're a louse, Daigotsu-sama wark wark."

He handed it over to Ishiyo. "I don't think he and I will get along, but I can't very well leave him here all alone."

Ishiyo looked at the plushie, that she wanted one was pretty obvious...but.... "Inu-tai would be jealous," She said, then winced banishing any doubt on her desire for the stuffed otori. "I mean I am sure you will find it a good home."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:59 am 
Falsetto continued. "Daigotsu-sama, did she just say she didn't want me, Otori-chan is sad wark..."

"Shush, she's just being a properly sophisticated lady", the Spider assured the plushie. Then cleared his throat. "He actually wanted to go with you in the first place, and as you can see I haven't had a chance to tamper with it yet, so it's clearly safe."

Now, what he'd do to tamper with a plushie (surveillance camera ahem) was anyone's guess.

Description

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:16 am 
Ishiyo gives him a little glare, "I suppose it would be best foh the Otori to find a new home before you get you-eh insidious hands to work. But I am not convinced I am the one." She adds, "Dai-got-su-sa-ma."

ProfileTheme
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next