It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 3:29 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Post subject: [D2, LM: Otori Corral] Let's See Some Birds (Watching Event)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:46 pm 
(In case people wanted to socialize while the event went on, understand it could be a mega thread in the end, it's not compulsory by any means)

Shokomaru was in fatigues and boots, all black as usual, and he wore a cover that day to keep the sun off. He was watching some of the others undertake the event and from time to time, watched the Otori themselves for their behaviors. He wasn't big on animals, but he knew the value. Old man Jii from his village used beasts of burden on his farm, mostly for show when tourists came by, but he also seemed to enjoy working them. If the old man could calmly ride an ox around while smoking his pipe and signing badly, Shokomaru could figure out a riding bird.

Probably.

Grabbing a seat out of the sun just away from the farmers, he started to think on his strategy.

, Status: 4, Glory: 1

Carries: Sidearm, wakizashi, Densai, uniform/leisure or traditional clothes, cigs, fan.
Armor, Daisho, Rifle for battle.
Description

Post subject: Re: [D2, LM: Otori Corral] Let's See Some Birds (Watching Ev
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:31 am 
Hyeon-ju's pride was more bruised than her hind was as she took a break to watch the others.

Her perfectly tailored uniform was a little bit dusted from her fall, but she had done some adjustments already to make it sit correctly again.

Whatever annoyance she was feeling, it was hidden behind a severe stoicism.

Has: Daisho, sidearm, fashionable attire, cool shades, densai, comm, Kami-pet.
Sometimes: Light armor, Marksman rifle.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:36 am 
After his turn on the giant bird, Hayato had taken a few steps away to watch the rest of the people compete. He knew his own preformance had been middle of the road at best, but given the circumstances that was the best he could really ask for.

What was surprising him though was the sheer number of people that had decided to keep their birds. It was more then a little surreal to The young Mantis. Maybe the animals were cuter then he though or something? No that couldn't be it...

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:48 am 
The young yasuki drifts on over to take a seat as well. Dressed up in a light jacket and gloves he appears fashionable yet practical for this event. Yet these massive birds squawk chaotically as each of the samurai attempt to wrestle with them. These locals appear very enthusiastic about this competition of skill but Nakaba couldn't get over the strange smell of these beasts. A permanent scowl across his face as he watches the others struggle with the alien wildlife.

After witnesses a few successful mounts, Nakaba leans over to the samurai sitting beside him, which so happened to be Shokomaru. "I think the trick is to not show any hesitation. You know dominating will." He says quietly and shakes a fist as if to show firm authority. "but really we're just gonna have to wing it."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:00 am 
Yasuki Nakaba wrote:
"I think the trick is to not show any hesitation. You know dominating will." He says quietly and shakes a fist as if to show firm authority. "but really we're just gonna have to wing it."

Shokomaru shook his head. "Find the right partner and it takes care of itself. Just like a miai."

He looked across the way at the Utaku. She was...still pretty amazing looking. Even falling off a bird, regaining her dignity like that was one of the cutest things he'd seen so far. Almost tied with the look on Akemi's face when she realized how close they'd gotten.

he sighed.

"It's gonna be tough." he said it the Yasuki as much as himself.

Carries: Sidearm, wakizashi, Densai, uniform/leisure or traditional clothes, cigs, fan.
Description

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:16 am 
Sensing that someone was looking in her direction, she took notice of the Spider from last night.

Since she had already spoken with Hayato, might as well approach the ones she hadn't talked to.

"Also remembering that they are birds, and not... horses," she added into the conversation of the Spider and Crab, perhaps in an attempt at self-deprecating humor. Damn overgrown bottomless bucket of drumsticks...

Hyeon-ju cleared her throat, and offered a curt and efficient bow. "Utaku Hyeon-ju. Hohei of the 7th Sky Rider Wing."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:24 am 
Utaku Hyeon-ju wrote:
Hyeon-ju cleared her throat, and offered a curt and efficient bow. "Utaku Hyeon-ju. Hohei of the 7th Sky Rider Wing."

"Utaku-san", he shifted his sitting position so he could lean into a bow. Then he held out a hand to offer her some space next to him and the Yasuki.

"I'm Daigots Shokomaru, chuui of the 5th company, 9th Obsidian legion. It's a pleasure." He looked at the Crab sitting next to him. "I don't know this guy, we were just having a man chat moment, i think. Ano...Yasuki-san, right?"

Description

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:38 am 
"It's Yasuki Nakaba. An attorney of Kawakami Logistics." With the flash of a silver pocket case, Nakaba hands out two business cards simultaneously. The paper a pristine white and name sharply presented. "At your service." he says with a sly smile.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:06 am 
The Sky Rider accepted the businesses card as if it was a funny little trinket. Did people really bring business cards to these kind of things?

Well, it certainly was kind of neat in a way. Easy way to let people remember your name. Clever.

"Daigotsu-sama, Yasuki-san," she acknowledged them both in turn, a touch deeper bow once more for the chuui as was proper for his rank.

"Have you all enjoyed Asakaze so far?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:13 am 
He took the business card as well. Easy way to have contact information given out as well.
Utaku Hyeon-ju wrote:
"Have you all enjoyed Asakaze so far?"

"Can't complain", he said honestly. "The weather isn't the worst, I went and properly saw the garden today. Have to say I'd recommend a trip if you get the chance. It's a nice world, Phoenix samurai and peasants are famously polite. And well...", he chuckled a little. "They brought some people worth meeting I'd never get to otherwise here, so even if there was nothing else to do, I'd be happy with that."

Yes, i'm talking about you. But now that we're talking we'll see if my eyes and my brain again.

Description

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:26 am 
"The colony is still young but shows great promise. Plenty of opportunity for prosperity should the local governor play their cards right." Nakaba explains without any shame to speak directly towards the local economy. Pulling out a small notepad, the yasuki hastily scribbles something onto the paper and tears off the sheet of paper. "Here was that recipe you requested Daigotsu-san. I can't speak for this type of bird but these seasonings should create a memorable dinner night." he says with a mischievous smile and folds the piece of paper nicely before handing it to the spider.

"but yes Asakaze has been a treat thus far." he tosses out there to quickly distract away.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:32 am 
Shokomaru peeks at the recipe and with an appreciative nod he puts it in the thigh pocket of his BDU's. He doesn't speak up as he expects perhaps Utaku-san may have something to say.

Description

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:35 am 
Umbrella shading her pale skin, Hakka arrives. Her outfit for the outing is a concession to the more outdoorsy nature of the event as well as to the hot weather. The Crane's blue eyes take in the crowd before she moves closer to where they all seem to be standing.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:42 am 
"A gathering like this certainly has the perk of allowing us to socialize with samurai we would normally spend such time with," she agreed with Shokomaru in a carefully neutral tone. "And as one assumes the clans have sent mostly suitable candidates for a miai, it makes it worthwhile to meet with many of these samurai."

There was a curious look at the mention of a recipe though, but felt it rude to pry. "The local cuisine might be something to explore more too while here..." an innocent addition to the conversation at least. Since recipies was mentioned.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:44 am 
Doji Hakka wrote:
Umbrella shading her pale skin, Hakka arrives. Her outfit for the outing is a concession to the more outdoorsy nature of the event as well as to the hot weather. The Crane's blue eyes take in the crowd before she moves closer to where they all seem to be standing.

The crane woman was given a polite bow as she made her way over to join the crowd of watchers. Hayato recognized her from the trip down but never had caught her name.

"Peculiar creatures aren't they, Doji-sama." He offered conversationly as she grew near. "First time I've seen a bird large enough to carry a samurai."

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:48 am 
Doji Hakka wrote:
Umbrella shading her pale skin, Hakka arrives.

He double takes while the Utaku makes word noises, but then looks back at her with returned attention. He should have known the gent from the club would go after that Doji beauty. tsk.

Utaku Hyeon-ju wrote:
There was a curious look at the mention of a recipe though, but felt it rude to pry. "The local cuisine might be something to explore more too while here..." an innocent addition to the conversation at least. Since recipies was mentioned.

"You like the food here? The lizard last night was outstanding and they have a pretty on-point sushi chef at Snow-Moon-Flower", he told her with confidence. "What I'm interested in though is seeing more of it, I hear there's a place you can get a great view in the mushroom forest, but not sure I'll have time for a hike." He chuckled. "I guess I could ride an Otori out, but maybe I'll hire a pilot to fly me around instead."

Description

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:59 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
The crane woman was given a polite bow as she made her way over to join the crowd of watchers. Hayato recognized her from the trip down but never had caught her name.

"Peculiar creatures aren't they, Doji-sama." He offered conversationly as she grew near. "First time I've seen a bird large enough to carry a samurai."

"Please, Tsuruchi-sama, this Doji Hakka, of the vassal family Katogama, does not warrant the use of sama. My status is little more than a minor courtier." The smile she gives is light, after she bows in return, as she continues on, "I am much the same. They are fascinating in a sense, to see such a familiar creature grown so exponentially larger!"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:03 am 
Hyeon-ju followed the gaze to the Doji, and she nodded approvingly as she observed the Crane's choice of fashion. It was very much appealing and pleasing to the eyes. At least in her opinion.

"So far it has been quite appealing, yes." Yes, of course she meant the food. And not the Crane. Or the fashion. Focus was of course back to the Yasuki and Daigotsu.

"I know the Phoenix have rentals available, including ornithopters, though it does not come with a pilot." Her arms linked behind her back in a military-fashion. "If Daigotsu-sama needs someone to shuttle him around, I would not mind volunteering my skill as a pilot."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:10 am 
"Ah.. Then I'll have to assert the same, Doji-san. I'm Tsuruchi
Hayato a simple bushi from my clan, and don't warrant any special honorific."

"True enough." He agree with a warm smile. "From what I understand they share some sort of bond with each other as well, and don't do well if long separated from their herd."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:15 am 
Meanwhile Ishiyo clad in her only slightly dirty dress uniform, hoped over the fence and took a spot to enjoy the festivities. It had been a rather fun little excursion and now she was temporarily a bird rider, or would be once she had some more practice with the creatures.

Leaning against the fence, her eyes were on what was technically her competition.

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next