It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 12:30 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: D4 LA - Serenity Bakery - Mochi Time!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:09 pm 
Kuni Koryn was given the Crane pilots number by Akemi and made a point to call her early in the day and arrange a meeting for a late afternoon. His choice of venue? A local Bakery that specialized in Mochi!

Gear: Steel Silk Flight Suit, Diasho, Sidearm, Falcon, Communicator & Densai
Field Pack: Gasmask, Holorecorder, Med Pack, Cone Lantern, Paper & Ink

Post subject: Re: D4 LA - Serenity Bakery - Mochi Time!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:10 am 
The Crane arrived dressed in her dress uniform. Powder blue, single breasted and with a small array of medals and badges. The only two of importance being her flight badge, and the little sakura petal beneath it marking her as having at least five aerial victories. An Ace pilot.

Over top of this was a navy blue dress raincoat, though she was wearing it like a cape. She pulled off a cylindrical hat, currently made plain by a waterproof cloth cover. Ishiyo smiled as she saw the Crab and then blinked. “Kuni Koryn-san I presume? You are...youngeh than I expected.” She bowed, “Dadoji Ishiyo, Nikutai of the Crane Fleet Ai-eh Arm, 312th Naval Fighteh Squadron, formerly attached to The Golden Heron’s Ai-eh Wing. A pleasure to make you-eh acquaintance.”

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:25 am 
Koryn is also in Dress Greys, though not as many medals given the fact he just graduated from flight school. The spot where the rank has been traded out from Cadet to Ensign still has a little of a faded color outlining the previous patch under the new rank. " Daidoji-sama, pleased to meet you, I am Kuni Koryn, Crab Flight Ensign, I am afraid I haven't been posted anywhere permanent yet, I think they are waiting to see the results of the Mia-ai before making any decisions!"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:57 am 
Ishiyo blinks again, "Were....did you just graduate before coming here?" Her expression was an amused but gentle smile. "I would have thought they would have let you get a little seasoning in a combat unit first."

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:33 am 
"Kaiu Naval Academy, its the premiere Crab flight and bridge officer school. Apparently we do a lot more technical work then most other clan pilots I've been told. We spend a whole year learning how to disassemble and reassemble a plane in the field"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:47 am 
"Kakita Academy - Flight Combat School, Tactical Aerospace Specialty. Apparently we focus on the close in dogfights more then most otheh clans. At least then the Unicorn from what I understand speaking with the two Sky Ridehs." Ishiyo stripped out of her coat and hat, placing them where the water won't damage anything. "Understanding you-eh plan is a key to victory...at least in my opinion, I could not build one of course. But basic repaihs and more importantly knowing exactly what the ship can do are in my realm of understanding."

"So married before you enteh the void? It is dangerous for new pilots but still...."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:11 am 
"Well I think, there weren't a lot of volunteers to come out here, and they wanted to fill some quotas." He smiles, "But I did graduate at the top of my class. Well versed in tactics, survival skills, and of course as a pilot"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:14 am 
"I see, I see," Ishiyo said, but it was clear from her tone she really didn't, "Well even so I imagine you were able to do some flights in a real fighteh? How did you feel when you got behind the stick?" Her smile returned, somewhat sympathetic at the poor boy having his chance to fly put on hold.

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:31 pm 
"Oh we did several training flight, regular patrols against pirates, test flights on new experimental models, that sort of thing"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:47 pm 
"I have just come off a touh of duty myself. Aboard the Heron, spent a yeah hunting pirates plaguing ouh trade routes." Ishiyo pointed to one of the tables, "Would you like to grab something and take a seat?"

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:08 pm 
"Of course, how silly of me, why are we still standing here?" He smiles "You pick a table and I'll get us some refreshments?"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:44 pm 
"A sound plan Kuni-san," Ishiyo nods and moves over to one of the open tables, it was close enough she could still carry on a conversation, "So then what prompted you to enteh a pilot school? Family tradition oh did you request it?"

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:48 pm 
"No, no my dad he is a research Librarian, and my mom, she is a zoologist." He shakes his head, "I had a Great Grandpa who was a pilot, I never met him, but I inherited his flight suit. I just love flying, and space, and the great unknown, like have you ever looked into the void between worlds and just stared at it, till it starts staring back? It's so.... well I don't really have words to describe it" He selects a small variety plate of Mochi and orders two teas.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:15 am 
"You do not have to," Ishiyo smiles encouragingly, "You are, afteh all, talking to a fellow pilot. I am very much aware of what it is to be like suspended in a fighteh, gazing out into the void nestled among the stahs."

"My family are more mercantile in interest...fatheh hoped I would take up racing in one of his sport pinnaces, a company spokesman. But I wanted more then just a few fancy races and a bunch of photographehs hounding me."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:34 am 
"My mom really tried to hook me on hunting and tracking, and the like, she was hoping I would follow her foot steps I think, Lots of survivalist's training when I was a kid." He brings the drinks and plate to the table and settles in. "I don't think she has completely given up, she gave me a Toritaka Hunting falcon for my gempukku"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:45 am 
"Well survival is not a bad thing to know...we do get shot down sometimes over planets." Ishiyo shrugs, though not in a million years did she expect to be one of the unfortunates that happened too. "Still it would be a something of a careeh change foh you. Are you hoping to get a carrieh posting afteh all this?"

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:56 am 
"Yeah the basic survival skills already helped me with dealing with that poisonous fungus in the Ikebana contest here. One of my room mates got sick from it." He shakes his head. "I am hoping to get a slot on one of the new Yakomo class carriers, those things are really nice!"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:00 am 
"Have you had to do carrieh qualifications yet?" Ishiyo asked, remembering her own training on the complicated process of landing and launching from another metal box. And then having to do it again while training drones shot at her. "I skipped the ikebana...I lack the skills at the normal language of flowers and did not wish to risk insult with fully alien arrangements."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:36 am 
"Oh yeah, Carrier Qualifications are part of 2nd year classes, along with space walk maintenance and zero G combat training" He nods and picks one of the Mochi at random popping it into his mouth.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:23 am 
"Oh yeah?" Ishiyo leaned forward, "Awful early for something usually considered fairly advanced. Coveh dogfighting oh just missile operation?"

"The only space walk and Zero-R training we did was launching under carrieh damaged conditions and space survival. My entire first yeah was just basic flight and maneuvers, over and over until they were perfect. Then the second was dedicated mostly to aerial gunnery and neah the end active dogfighting."

ProfileTheme
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next