It is currently Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:34 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: [D2 LM] Miai Event: Riding the Otori
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:17 pm 
If it had been a horse, Yul would have known how to pick out a good one to ride. These were definitely not horses. Yul frowned at the herd of birds. His frown deepened. If they were birds, would it be called a flock, or something? Nah, anything you ranched was a herd, that made sense to him.

Shaking his head, and tucking away his sunglasses, Yul put aside the inane thought for the moment. "Here, birdie-birde..." He called softly, creeping slowly up on it. It was only when he'd just about reached it when he realized that, with its eyes mounted on the side of it's head, it had actually been watching him the whole time. "Oh." After a moment, he gave it a cheerful wave.

Then he jumped.

He'd been a bit far back, but that just made the jump more impressive. Good, Yul thought. He caught it about the neck, swinging up with a respectable amount of flair. "Here we go." He muttered.

It was just like riding a horse, except more feathery. And that wasn't a big deal. He managed to rock and roll with the bucking, his grip solid without being too tight. It seemed to go on forever, but finally he and the bird managed to reach an agreement, apparently. It settled, looking back at him and making an inquisitive noise.

"Good bird." Yul said, patting its neck with a smile. It really was quite impressive. "I think I'm gonna call you... Maverick." It was a good name, Yul nodded to himself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Birdie-birdie? Unskilled Per/Int 2: 2d10 7 lolno
Mount the bird, Ath/agi, 2CR, Daredevil VP +3k1, TN 25: 7d10o10k4 36 this was a pass, but I rolled 1 fewer dice than I should have, so rerolled
CORRECTED - Mount the bird, Ath/agi, 2CR, Daredevil VP +3k1, TN 25: 8d10o10k4 40 3 BIRB points
Stick to the bird, Horse/Sta, 2CR, VP +1k1, TN20: 5d10o10k4 24 3 BIRB points
6 BIRB points total

Danger!: Armor, marksman's rifle

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:40 pm 
D2 LM Lore: Nature/Intelligence, TN25 (1 CR): 5d10o10k4 45 (+2 Free Raises to be used later)

"Ahhhh they're so fluffy, It makes me wish I could just keep him! Oh, we'll get to keep them if they behave?! And you'll provide stables and fodder?! Sounds great, you can count on me to pick the best one then!"

D2 LM Athletics/Agility, TN25. (1 FR, 3 CR, VP): 5d10o10k4 32 (+3-4 birb points, forgot you can only call raises to your void so idk how many points i get)

"Naoki! Are you recording this? Look at me go! This felt kind of weird at first but riding otori is actually really fun!"

D2 LM Horsemanship/Stamina, TN15 (1 FR, 2 CR, 1 VP): 3d10k3 19 (+3 birb points)

"This place is so different from World of Dreams, it's so exciting! It's not every day you get to tame otori after all, which definitely proves that I'm the better sibling. I bet Seiji would've fallen off immediately. Naoki, remind me to brag about this later to him!"

"I have a feeling your brother would much rather continue his education in navigation rather than ride giant chickens, Bayushi-sama."

"They're called otori, Naoki, and whose side are you on anyway?"

---

Result: +6-7 birb points, +(Temporary?) Otori pet

Last edited by Bayushi Tsukiko on Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Servant Naoki Carrying: Sidearm, Portable Computer, Holorecorder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:09 pm 
Hyeon-ju knew horses. Not birds. Overgrown birds. Still, she had to admit that they looked impressive, in their own avian way.

She spotted one that looked pretty good. Fine plumage, very tall and impressive. "That one!"

It was actually pretty impressive to see her mount the otori. Maybe the Utaku still remembered their long distan--- aaaaand never mind. The Utaku clearly remembered her horse-related ancestry, and forgot that is was a bird. And did not respond kindly to being treated like a horse! Such an insult to its proud and noble avian heritage!

The Utaku went down on her butt, giving the bird a particularly cold glare that at least silenced nearby laughter from the workers.

------------

D2 EVENT LM: Birdie-birdie? Untrainted Investigation / Perception. TN 15: 3d10 19 - 1 Free Raise

D2 EVENT LM: Mount The Bird! Athletics/Agility. +1k1 Void. 2 raises. TN 25: 5d10o10k4 25 +3 Birb Points

D2 EVENT LM: Stick To The Birb! Horsemanship/Stamina. +1k1 Void. 2 Raises + 1 FR. TN 20: 5d10o10k4 19 - 4 points

0 Birb Points. No Otori

Has: Daisho, sidearm, fashionable attire, cool shades, densai, comm, Kami-pet.
Sometimes: Light armor, Marksman rifle.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:46 pm 
This was the weirdest thing ever. Picking out weird birds, and racing them? How strange!

Nara was concerned about getting her robes dirty but she went ahead with things. Walking between the birds, looking like a flower to most of them, before stopping.

"That one!" she pointed to one that looked so calm and docile it couldn't have been more opposite to Nara:

Now it was just a case of getting on. Easy! Nara moved quickly, and hopped up...straight over the Otori and flat on her face on the other side.

"Ow..."

Even the bird looked confused. The second attempt (with a little help from the people trying not to laugh) went much better, and she was able to ride it around and dismount without faceplanting the floor a second time. The bird seemed to like her.

(ooc - rolls:
D1 LM Otori event part 1 - Investigation/Perception with 2 raises (TN25): 4d10o10k3 34 3 FR for the event
D1 LM Otori event part 2 Athletics/agility. Void for skill. TN15+1 raise +3 FR: 3d10o10k2 12 fail 0 points
D1 LM Otori event part 3 Horsemanship/stamina TN10: 2d10 12 1 point!

1 point. Chocobo acquired

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:47 pm 
"You know, there are motorized vehicles that work just as well. Better even. I know, because, I mean I've built them." Tetsu looks leerily at the pack of Otori. "And I know these taste better than motor oil."

Alas, someone had thought these things as romantic, which meant that Tetsu now needed to impress with them.

"Ok Drumstick, let's do this thing" Tetsu picks one of the Otori out of the pack that looks easy to grab and hold onto. The bird is rather compliant, and Tetsu surprises himself with now easy it is to get on. The bird bucks, a bit, but Tetsu hands on until he is able to make the creature go through its paces.

Nothing flashy, but the thing seems nice enough.

"I think I'll keep you around Drumstick"

_____
D2 Miai Event-Birdie Birdie-Lore:Nature/Intelligence-TN 20: 4d10 29 Free Raise Earned
D2 Miai-Mount the Bird-Agility-TN 15: 3d10 28 1 birb point
Day 2 Miai Event-Stick to the Bird-Stamina-TN 10: 3d10 13 Free raise for effect

3 birb point, keep the Otori

When Serious: Heavy Armor
"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:01 pm 
Ruhe wanted to have a big bird that appreciated his music. Like the Unicorn musicians of old, he imagined himself playing morin khuur directly from fowlback. Hence, he started enticing by standing before the hear and plugging in his instrument... and showering it all with solid rock.

"One way, or another, I'm gonna find ya, I'm gonna get ya get ya...!"

LM2. Event. Birdie-Birdie? Perception. Unskilled. VP for 1k1. TN15.: 3d10 12 [No Raise]

Careful post-performance observation revealed no apparent appreciation from any specimen. Ruhe assumed they were just awed and chose one that didn't run away. No matter. He'd break it in to be the greatest metal-loving birb that ever lived. He'd shower it with all the classics daily so that it'd lay eggs from excitement at the very sound of awesome sweep-picking. One which would even contribute with its mighty screeches, cuckles and doodles to the throaty growls in a symphony of beasts and men!

In order to bring about the magnificence of otori metal unto this universe, Ruhe had to do some work first though. The creature needed to know its master for who he was, his temperament and style, and there was never a second chance to make the first impression.

Lo and behold, this is what happened. And what happened should be included in some annals.

The fiddle was not put away. Instead, Ruhe approached the megabirb while playing an initially quiet and lyrical, yet progressively mounting and sharpening intro to make the beast get used to the sound. Ruhe stepped closer, closer... and delivered a blast by bow-sweeping so sharp that it sounded like a shriek of a feral predator. The bird understandably jumped to flee, but this when the Moto himself leapt and mounted it decisively in full motion, the bow never leaving the fiddle in its violent crescendo!

LM2. Event. Mount the Bird. Agility/Athletics. Daredevil VP. Technique. 3R. TN30.: 8d10o10k5+4 51 [4 Birb Points]

The ride that ensued was wild. Ruhe navigated the freshly designated Onikage with skill that must have been encoded in his horsemanly genes as it didn't come from any prior training. Memories were made that day, as well as a bit of literal butt hurt and scratches from twigs the fierce steed carried him through, but it was all well worth it. An insuperable bond was formed in the mayhem of clucking, galloping and heavy metal.

LM2. Event. Riding the Bird. Stamina/Horsemanship. VP for Skill. 1R. TN15.: 3d10o10k2 15 [2 Birb Points]

---

[6 Birb Points with 51 for tie-breaker, Onikage stays]

Ancestral Power Morin Khuur (!!!), less important stuff like arms, blades and shells

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:20 pm 
Looking over the crowd and previous competitiors, Shiorkiku suspected she wasn't going to claim victory here. As such, her primary intent was to survive.

Shirokiku looked for an... unusual choice in bird, one who for which at least taking it on would be impressive. She found a grizzled old veteran looking bird (at least, as far as she could tell), bowing to it. It broke off in a run.

Birdie-birdie?
roll
Investigation/Per, 1 raise for TN 20 - 30, success, 2 FR for later steps

Following suit, Shirokiku kept pace for a while, waiting for the oppurtunity to go for a dangerous mount - which proved to be her undoing. Though she had chosen her beast well, its old reflexes caused it to dart from her grip, causing her to only have a tuft of feathers for grip.
Not to be deterred, Shirokiku used the feathers to launch herself up, onto the bird... where the Otori's skull collided with hers after a full flip, leaving her dizzy for a few seconds on top of the bird.

Mount the bird!
roll
Athletics/Agility, void spent, 2 raises for effect and 2 called raises - TN 25 - 19 - fail, no points

In the end, her embarrassment let her hold out for longer than she liked, but she made an effort of showing that she was able to keep hold of the beast.

Stick to the bird!
[url=https://orokos.com/roll/843207]
Horsemanship/stamina unskilled, void for +1k1, no raises - 15 - success, 1 point

After the event she bowed to the beast, and it to her. An old veteran like itself was not one to be controlled, but a respect of sort was formed. She was left to wonder if the noises the old bird was making were chuckles.

1 point total, Bird will not be kept.

Battlefield Carry: Daisho, Rifle, sturdy clothing, communicator, likely travelling pack

Bio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:58 am 
The Scorpion took extra care when selecting his mount from the corral. Bayushi Akagi thought himself a good judge of character…. judging the character of a giant bird should be much the same, right?

After cautiously approaching several of the large birds, Akagi finally made his selection: a great big beast with black plumage and a white neck. Its eyes were lively with intelligence, but it seemed inclined to be friendly when approached - especially when Akagi offered it a few choice morsels of spongy forest fungus. “We’ll be best of friends, won’t we?” the Scorpion cooed to the bird, stroking its feathers gently.

He could see many of the other competitors played it safe, cautiously mounting the unfamiliar animals - while others were more daring, sometimes with disastrous results. Searching his soul, Akagi decided to be among the latter - better to stand out and make an impression. I can do this, he thought confidently.

Positioning his chosen otori carefully, Akagi waved to gain the judges’ attention. Then, with a running start, the Scorpion tumbled into a handspring, tucking his body tightly to do a flip in mid-air, before landing squarely on the otori’s back.

The great big bird didn’t seem to mind this odd behavior at all - instead, it turned its head back towards its rider to demand more spongy fungus, which Akagi gratefully provided, along with some head scritches.

The rider and bird took a slow walk around the ring, before Akagi dismounted and patted the otori on its side again. “I shall call you Daitan,” he decided.

2LM Birdie-birdie? with 2 called raises, PER/Investigation TN25: 4d10o10k3 46 succeeds with 2 raises, gain 3 FR to a later roll
2LM Mount the bird! with 2 called raises and 3 free raises, AGI/Athletics +Void Point TN25: 5d10o10k4 31 succeeds with 5 raises for 6 birb points
2LM Stick to the bird! no raises STA/Horsemanship unskilled +Void Point TN10: 3d10 15 succeeds for 1 birb point

Total: 7 birb points, tiebreaker is 31

when appropriate: otori mount, light armor, standard rifle.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:23 am 
Fusako wasn't an animal person. That wasn't to say she disliked animals, merely that she had no real frame of reference for them. None of her immediate family owned any pets, and she never had any reason to go riding, on a horse or anything else. Still, she knew she could take things carefully. She selected what looked like a 'good boy', managed to get on without embarrassing herself, and even managed to calm the otori enough to stay on the entire time. She wouldn't win any awards, but she didn't make a fool of herself.

------------------
Investigation roll, TN 15 = 7
Athletics roll, TN 15 = 20 (1 BP)
Horsemanship, TN 10 = 17 (1 BP)

2 Total, not keeping Birb

Edit; Rerolled Investigation for 2d10 instead of 3d10

Theme (Dance Club Rave)
More Musical Inspiration
Profile (plus info for corporate ties)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:18 am 
"So you are telling me there is no safety manual?" Koseki scratched his head and eventually shrugged before muttering something about biology under his breath. This was going to require careful thought and keen observation.

Patiently he watched the group...herd...shoal...flock? Candidate birbs were narrowed down based on their behaviour and subtle cues. Like whether they seemed keen to try a sneaky disembowelling. "Okay birdie, I choose you." The otori looked at him. It had spiky head feathers the colour of semi-precious stones. He stared. Time passed. It blinked first and he knew he was on to a winner.

Attachment:
Birb.jpg
Birb.jpg [ 65.37 KiB | Viewed 2338 times ]

In hindsight he need not have been so cautious. The Birb reacted gracefully to his every move, and his athletic prowess could have been flashier and less restrained. Still, the point was not to make a complete fool of himself in the first stage of the competition, and he succeeded with aplomb.

Staying on the Birb proved a simple matter. It handled better than most of the old shuttles he had flown in training. Perhaps animals weren't all that bad after all? He patted the creature's neck, happy with his performance. "That's it, good work. I am pleased to meet you Blinky. Now let's get started, that safety manual won't write itself!"

---
Rolls

Birdie-birdie.
Day 2. LM. Birdie-birdie? Investigation/Perception TN15.: 4d10o10k2 17
Success, 1FR for step 2 or 3.

Mount the bird!
Day 2. LM. Mount the bird! Athletics/Agility TN15. 1FR. Void for +1k1: 5d10o10k4 41

Stick to the bird!
Day 2. LM. Stick to the bird! Horsemanship / Stamina TN 10. Void for skill.: 4d10o10k3 25

3 points and a Birb!

Equipment: Sturdy clothes, densai, Sidearm, Daisho, lighter, smokes.
Where appropriate: Light armour, rifle

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:57 am 
For not really knowing what she was doing Atena she found a bird that seem to call to her. She patted the gentle creature. "Just be my friend for now." She jumped up the creature in a very graceful and gentle way trying not to hard. The bird not used to weight on its back started bucking. Atena held to the bird's neck breaking its will. "See that wasn't that bad." She stroke the bird neck.

//D2 LM Birdie birdie Lore Nature untrained Sage TN20: 4d10o10k3 26

D2 LM Mount the Bird Athletics Agi 1 CR for extra pointTN 20 1FR for extra point: 4d10o10k3 58 success! 3 Bird Points

D2 LM Stick to the bird Horsemanship Sta TN 10: 2d10k2 19 Success! 1 Bird point

Total bird points:4

Not keeping bird.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:08 am 
Nozomi stepped out into the field and looked around. In order to compete with the others, she'd have to choose the very best otori. She looked around and around with her discerning eyes as they were chosen by the crowd.

"Oh no, I'm running out of time," she murmured to herself. She ran up to the closest one and made a mighty leap! Only it was not mighty enough. She landed, stomach on its ridge, before sliding off onto the ground. "Get back here!" Another jump and she was able to scramble on top of it.

But it wasn't over yet. The priestess clung on for dear life while also trying to do her best not to hurt the poor thing. She stayed on until the otori was calm enough to let her down easy.

Once her feet were on solid ground, the Kitsu excused herself at a rather brisk pace.

---

D2 LM Investigation / Perception TN 30, 3 CR, VP for +1k1: 5d10o10k4 22

D2 LM Athletics / Agility TN 15: 2d10 14

D2 LM Horsemanship / Stamina TN 10: 3d10 15

1 Birb Point. Won't keep it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:27 am 
Being much more worried about not embarrassing himself then showing off Koryn approaches the competition cautiously but with determination. He is relatively skilled in animal handling and zoology that he can easily tempt the bird over, and then mount it with some aplomb. He runs it around the yard once after making friends with the creature.

D2 Riding the Otori : Lore/Nature TN 20: 5d10o10k4 22
1 Free Raise from Success

D2 Riding the Otori : Athletics/Agility TN 15: 5d10o10k4 19
1 Bird Point

D2 Riding the Otori :Void for Skill, FR to lower TN Birdmanship/Stamina TN 5: 3d10o10k2 25
1 Bird Point

Total: 2 Bird Points

Keeping the Bird!

Gear: Steel Silk Flight Suit, Diasho, Sidearm, Falcon, Communicator & Densai
Field Pack: Gasmask, Holorecorder, Med Pack, Cone Lantern, Paper & Ink

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:46 am 
Hoshiko stood near the herd watching it as she prepared herself. After a glance at her densai and a few whispered words, she was ready. Slowly, she approached the otori she'd picked out.

"Hello there. Aren't you beautiful?" she cooed as she reached out. "It's alright. I won't hurt you. I want to be friends."

She had done this a hundred times on the ranch. She would talk with them. Soothe them. Then flip up on top of them.

Once she was riding the otori, it felt just like her childhood. The bird dashed forward with thrilling speed, then stopped abruptly. Hoshiko was launched into the air as she had been so many times before. She tried to land gracefully, bouncing only a few times.

Laughing, she dusted herself off and approached the otori where it waited for her.

"Tell me the truth. You all talk to each other and tell one another to do that to me, don't you? Was it Mori-chan's idea?"

- - -
[D2 LM] Miai Event: Riding the Otori, Casting Nature's Touch, TN 10: 4d10o10k3 25

[D2 LM] Miai Event: Riding the Otori, Investigation/Perception, 1 CR, TN 20: 5d10o10k4 21

[D2 LM] Miai Event: Riding the Otori, Athletics Agility TN 15, 2FR, VP for Skill: 4d10o10k3 16

[D2 LM] Miai Event: Riding the Otori, Horsemanship/Stamina TN 10, 1FR (Nature's Touch), VP for Skill: 3d10k2 8

3 points

Keeping it or getting one from the ranch instead.

GEAR: Densai, Wakizashi, Water Bottle, Purse
Accompanied by Ren, a shiba inu.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:56 am 
Shoan eyes the flock of giant birds ahead of her with some uncertainty.
She wasn't a giant bird rider....in fact, she didn't think many samurai were. Evidently she was wrong.

Attempts to spot a docile bird went poorly
Day 2 LM, Riding the Otori, Birdie-Birdie roll, investigation/perception with 1 raise called. TN 20: 4d10o10k3 14

As the Lion ended up choosing a black feathered creature with a long beak that was busy trying to savage one of the grooms.
"....Okay, you don't like me and I don't like-"
The Otori turns its attention to her and squawks loudly before trying to peck at Shoan
"....Let's just try and get this over with."
Day 2 LM, Mount the bird (yes, really). Athletics/agility TN 15: 3d10o10k2 13
We see a long tedious montage of Shoan repeatedly trying and failing to mount 'murderbeak' before she simply grabs the creature around the neck, and hoists herself ungainly atop

"You have much spirit in you, but in truth you never had a cha-"
Day 2 LM, Stick to the bird, horsemanship/stamina TN 10, unskilled: 3d10 6
And then she gets frown off into a convenient puddle of mud as 'murderbeak' struts around squaking in victory

"....I will eat chicken tonight."
With a concealed groan she levers herself to her feet and limps off.....who would even ride giant birds anyway?

((0 points for the good guys, giant chickens go on to conquer Asakaze))

Profile art credit: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/k4nea2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:33 am 
Hou-Ou-Vue wrote:
AUTOPLAY ADVERTISEMENT ENDS

WIDE SHOT: DRONE CAMERA VIEW SWOOPS HIGH OVER HERD OF RUNNING OTORI

Voice-over: "I'm really excited for this one! Here you see one of the most remarkable parts of every-day life here on Asakaze."

HOLO CUTS TO MID-SHOT OF ATSUMORI, OTORI IN BACKGROUND....

"These big beauties are... Otori!" Atsumori practically bounced on his toes as he addressed the camera. "They might look wild, but don't let that fool ya! People here on Asakaze tame these remarkable native birds and use them for all kinds of work. They're a lot like horses used to be on Old Rokugan."

He glanced back over his shoulder at a sudden welter of squawking and flapping. Two of the birds were settling some kind of dominance dispute, fortunately with more noise than actual violence. Chuckling a little, he turned back to face his camera as it hovered steadily in midair. "Well, they're a mite rough around the edges right now.... The herders just brought them back from grazing in the fungal forest, see. But according to the locals, this is just the right time to train a new bird for ridin'!" He grinned at the lens. "Let's see how I do!"

Atsumori continued his cheerful patter as he pointed out the bird he planned to try his luck on, a rather large specimen with an especially spiky feather crest on its head. "What a princess, even has a crown and all. She's a female, see, you can tell by the size and..."

Talking softly and continuously, he approached the otori--which maintained an air of majestic calm--gave it a scratch on the poll, and then, before it had time to be suspicious, leapt astride in a flourish of feathers. The great bird flapped and pranced, but Atsumori stuck on with aplomb, even freeing a hand to flash a thumbs-up to the camera.

"... and that's how it's done here on Asakaze! Right, Princess-san?"

Princess tossed her head haughtily, posing for the camera like a titanic avian supermodel.

"Right!"

Step 1: success, 1 free raise carried forward
D2 EA Event--step 1, here birdie birdie! Per/Inv, TN 15: 4d10o10k3 19

Step 2: Success with 3 raises (inc. free raise), +4 points
D2 EA Event--step 2, mount up! Agi/Athletics, VP with Daredevil for +3k1, 2 CR + step 1 FR, TN 25: 7d10o10k4 44

Step 3: Success with 2 raises, +3 points
D2 EA Event--step 3, birdie bronco! Stay on with Sta/Horsemanship, VP +1k1, 2 CR to TN 20: 5d10o10k4 28

Recording the event: ... basically successful.
D2 EA-- fluff Awa/Artisan: Holo to capture the birdie adventure! TN... uh, 10ish? Maybe 15?: 3d10o10k2 12

Final Score: 7 Birb Points with a tie-breaking Mount Up roll of 44 (and a new holo for the channel)

EDIT: Of course he's keeping Princess. Who wouldn't? She's royalty!
EDIT EDIT: whoops, wrong time slot in the rolls. I assume that's not dealbreaking since it has no mechanical effect whatsoever.

Last edited by Shiba Atsumori on Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Outside town: Web gun, misc. utility gear, armor

"Here we see the miai participant in his natural habitat..."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:45 am 
Birdie-birdie?

Kamui looks at the birds like he's looking for a motorcycle. Trying to judge how docile and tall enough they seem to be. He decides on one and hopes he chose wisely.

Birdie-birdie? - Perception - unskilled: 3d10 Birdie-birdie? - Perception - unskilled 15 = TK 15

Mount the bird!

He pats the bird a couple times. Then He slides on to it and it seems it be ok.

Mount the bird! - Agility + unskilled: 3d10 Mount the bird! - Agility + unskilled 20 = TN 15

Stick to the bird!

The bird wiggles and moves around some, but settles down shortly.

Stick to the bird! Stamina + unskilled: 3d10 16 TN 10

2 birdie points

Theme | Profile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:11 pm 
Shizuku was not an animal person. She never claimed to be an animal person. She was born and raised on a space station and liked working with computers and other nice, predictable things. But as a part of the miai, she felt obliged to at least do her best at this event. Full of animals. She kept her sigh internal as she picked the prettiest one she happened to spot.

She chose... poorly.

She Otori jumped and wriggled as she tried to mount it, "kewh"ing up a storm. Once she finally got up onto it, she nearly slipped off again. She she hadn't grit her teeth and hung on for dear life, she would definitely by in the dirt. Why did the first event have to be animals?

She clung to the bird, teeth grit with an expression of grim determination, as though she were facing down a horde of pirates instead of clutching at a massive, scream, running bird for dear life. Somehow, some way, she managed to do it. When it finally calmed down, she slipped to the ground on shaking legs. Turning toward the bird, she pointed at it as though it had deeply, personally offended her. "You. You bastard. You're mine now."

The bird tilted its head and "kweh"ed at her.

"That's what I thought."

~~

Riding the Otori Phase 1: Lore:Biology/Int TN 20 Unskilled: 3d10 14 (Meant Lore: Nature. Still unskilled so it doesn't matter. 0 points)

Riding the Otori Phase 2: Athletics/Agility TN 15 Unskilled: 3d10 4 (An impressively bad rendition of 0 points)

Riding the Otori Phase 3: Horsemanship/Stamina, Void for skill, 1 raise for TN 15: 4d10o10k3 22 (2 points)

2 Birb points total and a temporary Otori.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:38 pm 
Shokomaru had walked the field a bit and taken his time. When he finally came to a decision, he was facing a particularly obstinate otori, but when he looked for a long while, he found that the bird's fidgeting was just a true will to run and be free.

"Alright, I can understand that. You want to stretch your legs, fella? let's go."

He told the attendants to get away, moving as if he were to mount up on the side of one if his unit's Ushi APC's and moved like he expected everything to work out.

Well, it didn't. The bird started to gallop gallop just a bit too soon, and though he held on (now for dear life) there was certainly nothing impressive of commanding about it.

The farmers and ranch hands found it amusing to see this Spider, so serious and sinister and dark and foreboding...sweating his balls off just trying to not die.

"Alright, stop, you jackass", he shouted. To everyone's surprise the bird stopped. Shokomaru smirked, of course he had it all under control.

All the way to the ground, when the otori warked loud an leaped over the pen, depositing the Spider on the ground. He landed on his head.

"Fried chicken is happening tonight", he grumbled, saying a short prayer to the fortunes for his intact neck.

The bird was still getting away as the ranch hands laughed and Shokomaru pointed to it with a look of disgust. They fell quiet and mounted up to chase it down.

OOC
Roll 1: D2 Otori Event, Invesitgation/Perception, 2 called raises, Void point for +1k1, 5k4 vs TN 25: 29, success. 3 FR available for event.
Roll 2: D2 Otori Event, Athletics/Agility, no raises called. 3k2 vs TN 15: 14, fail. No points.
Roll 3: D2 Otori event, Stamina/Horsemanship, 2 called raises. 3 free raises declared for extra points. Void point for skill. 4k3 vs TN 20: 18, fail. No points.

0 Otori points. No bird.

, Status: 4, Glory: 1

Carries: Sidearm, wakizashi, Densai, uniform/leisure or traditional clothes, cigs, fan.
Armor, Daisho, Rifle for battle.
Description

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:22 am 
D2:LM Birdie-birdie? Invest/Perception unskilled TN15: 3d10k3 12 -Failed Check

Caught in a chaotic herd of otori, Nabaka makes an attempt to spot one with a tame personality among the bunch. Among flurry of feathers and screeching beaks he gives up the attempt with a carefree shrug. Screw the pheonix's advice he was going to find his own fun in this. Then there he was! Big fellow with abit of amber in his feathers. An aggressive fire in his eyes. That was the one!

"You! Yeah you I'm talking to you!" Nakaba calls out to the confused bird while pointing a finger confrontationally. "Come on beastie lets get this over with." Nakaba says as he approaches cracking his knuckles.

D2:LM Mount the bird! Ath/Agi TN15: 4d10o10k3 19

Kicking off a near by rock, he soars through the air and lands right onto the birds back. Immediately the monster roars and takes off running. Nakaba might appear to be handling it as well as expected but truly he was being trashed about in every direction. The young crab keeping his cool as the bird chaotically runs across the field.

D2:LM Stick to the bird! Horse/Stamin unskilled TN10: 2d10k2 14

A long while passes and the beast tires. With a slow exhausted walk, the otori walks back to the others with Nakaba smiling proudly at the others.

Two birb points. Keeping Bird

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next