It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 7:33 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post subject: Re: [D2, LM: Otori Corral] Let's See Some Birds (Watching Ev
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:18 pm 
"This is true," Hyeon-ju agreed.

"Not that I think I will bother much with these... birds. They're nothing like the majestic cavalry of old, and I prefer a ship, or a motorbike, to an unruly animal."

Has: Daisho, sidearm, fashionable attire, cool shades, densai, comm, Kami-pet.
Sometimes: Light armor, Marksman rifle.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:31 pm 
Utaku Hyeon-ju wrote:
"Not that I think I will bother much with these... birds. They're nothing like the majestic cavalry of old, and I prefer a ship, or a motorbike, to an unruly animal."

He folded his arms and watched the others for a little. He had figured out quite quickly that Hyeon-ju certainly had preferences, and those seemed to be absolutes in her mind. Still, he couldn't toss her out of the running just because she was hard headed and entitled. That would be like calling the kettle black.

"What about other things, Utaku-san? You have any particular interests aside going fast with elegance and precision?"

, Status: 4, Glory: 1

Carries: Sidearm, wakizashi, Densai, uniform/leisure or traditional clothes, cigs, fan.
Armor, Daisho, Rifle for battle.
Description

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:36 pm 
Asako Chiruha wrote:

Perhaps just remembering that Jin came with companion, she gave a deep nod to address both his bird and his monkey. Her eyes did light up at the sight of the monkey and how small he was. "Well met, Yube-san....you're sooo small and cute! Where did you come from?" She asked Yube as she bent slightly so that she could see him at his level.

She looked up at Jin and giggled with a few nods. "I am...I have to be, as the daughter of the governor and your host, Asako Naokuni-dono."

"Ah, gomen Asako-sama. I was not aware." He made a deep bow of apology. "I am unsure where Yube is from, he was a gift from my sister, who travels a lot." He allowed the little monkey to jump onto the courtier, hopefully not causing any heart attacks.

"Well, as hostess I must compliment you on everything Asako-sama. The food, the lodging, the scenery are all wonderful!"

Combat outfit: light armor, daisho, rifle

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:51 pm 
"No apologies at all," she said with good mirth. "There seems to be a lot of important here as is, including yourself Usagi-sama. I suppose I am participating in the miai, at least. My brother seems to have been exempt until her can grow taller, I'm sure. Everything here is really my father's doing. I would say that I strolled just yesterday after a few days abroad."

Chiruha was more than happy to put her hands together in front of her to offer a platform for Yube to jump to if he was willing. "Yube-san! Maybe you can answer the mystery where you're from? You really awfully small!"

Run by GM Boogiepop / Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:54 pm 
Asako Chiruha wrote:
"No apologies at all," she said with good mirth. "There seems to be a lot of important here as is, including yourself Usagi-sama. I suppose I am participating in the miai, at least. My brother seems to have been exempt until her can grow taller, I'm sure. Everything here is really my father's doing. I would say that I strolled just yesterday after a few days abroad."

Chiruha was more than happy to put her hands together in front of her to offer a platform for Yube to jump to if he was willing. "Yube-san! Maybe you can answer the mystery where you're from? You really awfully small!"

Yube chirped authoritatively, giving a perfect answer, if you spoke Finger Monkey, Northern Accent.

"Ah, you are partaking in the miai Asako-sama? Well, I hope Benten blesses you then." he smiled, and petted his Otori. "Magnficant birds you have here. Your arrival than came at quite a hectic time then."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:59 pm 
Daigotsu Shokomaru wrote:
He folded his arms and watched the others for a little. He had figured out quite quickly that Hyeon-ju certainly had preferences, and those seemed to be absolutes in her mind. Still, he couldn't toss her out of the running just because she was hard headed and entitled. That would be like calling the kettle black.

"What about other things, Utaku-san? You have any particular interests aside going fast with elegance and precision?"

Fast, elegance, and precision did kind of summarize a lot of things, so she thought about her reply for a moment.

"I like music, particularly Susumu Yakumo. Fashion is also an interest of mine - though more about styling and new ideas than chasing brands or particular big names." She seemed thoughtful as she spoke. "I don't play much games, though, or watch many entertainment shows, like serials. My duty makes it hard to keep up with them."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:10 am 
Utaku Hyeon-ju wrote:
"I like music, particularly Susumu Yakumo. Fashion is also an interest of mine - though more about styling and new ideas than chasing brands or particular big names." She seemed thoughtful as she spoke. "I don't play much games, though, or watch many entertainment shows, like serials. My duty makes it hard to keep up with them."

"Susumu-san is talented, though I can't say I've kept up with their career. Fashion though, huh?" He gave an obvious gander at her uniform. "Well, I'd like to see that sometime, I admit."

Shifting his stance a little he didn't add anything else. She didn't ask him for anything or show much interest, just went on about how duty excuses her from being a person when it suits her. Shokomaru had little free time himself, but he could still make moments that were for his interests. This woman was just too serious and seemed to ignore her gifts.

"What do you dislike, then?" He asked with interest.

Carries: Sidearm, wakizashi, Densai, uniform/leisure or traditional clothes, cigs, fan.
Description

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:10 am 
Chiruha would aid Yube to her arm after receiving him, giving him plenty of places to perch on should he wish. With the finger monkey close by, she gave a very enthused look at Yube as she tried to determined his species and potential cousins.

"I don't know how to speak monkey, unfortunately," she said with a pout to Yube. "Maybe I'll pick up a bit by the end of the week!"

"Thank you, Usgai-sama, and you as well. It has been really hectic around here," she said with a surveying glance to all who've gathered here. "If it was up to my father, it would always be this busy."

Run by GM Boogiepop / Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:42 am 
Daigotsu Shokomaru wrote:
"Susumu-san is talented, though I can't say I've kept up with their career. Fashion though, huh?" He gave an obvious gander at her uniform. "Well, I'd like to see that sometime, I admit."

Shifting his stance a little he didn't add anything else. She didn't ask him for anything or show much interest, just went on about how duty excuses her from being a person when it suits her. Shokomaru had little free time himself, but he could still make moments that were for his interests. This woman was just too serious and seemed to ignore her gifts.

"What do you dislike, then?" He asked with interest.

"I think that would be a lengthy answer that won't be worth our time," she responded calmly. "But perhaps Daigotsu-sama would share what about interests, or hobbies, perhaps?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:50 am 
Utaku Hyeon-ju wrote:
"I think that would be a lengthy answer that won't be worth our time," she responded calmly. "But perhaps Daigotsu-sama would share what about interests, or hobbies, perhaps?"

"Knowing I did what I could", he started. Then smiled. "Women also, drawing, cooking up stories to go with the art, being snarky...honesty is a big one. I like honesty, even if it's cruel or badly timed, as long as it's sincere", he said, nodding to himself. "I got a lot of other things I'm interested in that I'm horrible at, but if I'm lucky I'll live long enough to improve."

Description

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:57 am 
Yube accepted Chiruha's failing with grace, before he started to climb on top of the colorful kimono, to his usual shoulder slot.

"Ha, your father than appreciates a busy season then, I assume? Quite a shebang he has organized here. Andyou are taking part of the miai then Asako-sama?" Jin's eyes ran through the courtier quickly, taking stock, just in case. "Strange experience to you too?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:00 am 
Akodo Akihiko wrote:
The Lion turns fully toward her, allowing a proper bow, although he's still smiling, somewhat knowingly. "Hai, Daidoji-san. Akodo Akihiko, Gunso commanding 4th Flight, 57th 'the Long Claws' Fighter Squadron, of carrier group 'Fury of Bishamon.' Also," he gestures to a small pin on his collar, "an ace." He breaks into a wide smile, clearly joking: "Would you also like to know my call sign?"

A look of irritation passes over Ishiyo's face, "An Ace? I should have known from the pin." Her anger looks more directed inward. She sighs and the smile returns. "Well naturally, Akodo-sama." The Crane rocks forward a little on the balls of her feet, releasing a little of her excitement. "I have not had as much chance to speak to my fellow flyehs as I would like."

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:50 am 
Daidoji Ishiyo wrote:
A look of irritation passes over Ishiyo's face, "An Ace? I should have known from the pin." Her anger looks more directed inward. She sighs and the smile returns. "Well naturally, Akodo-sama." The Crane rocks forward a little on the balls of her feet, releasing a little of her excitement. "I have not had as much chance to speak to my fellow flyehs as I would like."

The Lion watches with interest at the Crane's response. "Well, it's fortunate that we meet then. I've always said that pilots," the tiniest hesitation, as though me might have barely avoided saying flyehs, "must stick together." He smiles, clearly at ease on this subject. "Actually, I've found that the way that pilots survive is by sticking together. The glory-hounds that forget our work requires a great team are not going to live long in a starfighter." The last comment comes out like sage advice from a veteran to a rookie, and sounds like something the gunso has said many times.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:58 am 
Shiba Hoshiko wrote:
"It was fun." she smiled at the herd. "But, I can't ride them to the stars. I tried a few times, though."

That brought a soft chuckle from Hayato's lips. "That does sound like ut would be difficult. Though I suppose i can understand the trying."

"Especially since it seems to be something you enjoy."

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:01 am 
Shiba Hoshiko wrote:
"It was fun." she smiled at the herd. "But, I can't ride them to the stars. I tried a few times, though."

Hakka had been quiet as Hoshiko and Hayato chatted a little bit, listening to what was said but her attention seemed to be on the riders themselves. At that, she turned to look at Hoshiko once more. "Ah, Shiba-sama, I thought that they could not fly? And, the thought of flying towards the stars without some sort of craft," she gave a delicate shudder, "is a journey few would take."

There's a pause, thinking of some of the daring that she had met throughout her life, and an amused smile teases at her lips. "Or, perhaps, more than I had originally thought, but, it still stands, I'm sure."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:09 am 
Akodo Akihiko wrote:
The Lion watches with interest at the Crane's response. "Well, it's fortunate that we meet then. I've always said that pilots," the tiniest hesitation, as though me might have barely avoided saying flyehs, "must stick together." He smiles, clearly at ease on this subject. "Actually, I've found that the way that pilots survive is by sticking together. The glory-hounds that forget our work requires a great team are not going to live long in a starfighter." The last comment comes out like sage advice from a veteran to a rookie, and sounds like something the gunso has said many times.

Ishiyo nods enthusiastically, "Yes, my own squadron commandeh has said much the same. Even ouh top scoring Ace, for all the brooding loneh she is on the ground, is very much a team playeh in space."

"You offered to tell me you-eh nickname Akodo-sama?" Blue eyes sparkle in anticipation. It was probably something really cool.

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:28 am 
Daidoji Ishiyo wrote:
Ishiyo nods enthusiastically, "Yes, my own squadron commandeh has said much the same. Even ouh top scoring Ace, for all the brooding loneh she is on the ground, is very much a team playeh in space."

"You offered to tell me you-eh nickname Akodo-sama?" Blue eyes sparkle in anticipation. It was probably something really cool.

Akihiko chuckles to cover a grimace. Caught that, did you. "Ah, of course. My call sign is 'Goldenboy,' because my original flight mates thought I was more Ikoma Widecast Network star than real pilot." The Lion can't hide that he's slightly embarrassed by his call sign, even with a little context to explain it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:36 am 
Akodo Akihiko wrote:
Akihiko chuckles to cover a grimace. Caught that, did you. "Ah, of course. My call sign is 'Goldenboy,' because my original flight mates thought I was more Ikoma Widecast Network star than real pilot." The Lion can't hide that he's slightly embarrassed by his call sign, even with a little context to explain it.

Her smile falters, "I see..." She looks back at the field a long moment, when she replies in a soft voice, "Well...if it makes you feel any betteh my squadron called me 'Peeps'. Because I was the cute little baby bird...who was mostly sickeningly rich fluff and no real substance."

She smiles a bit more pensively, "Of course that was before I earned six kills...still..." Her hand motions like waving off a bad smell, "Maybe it best we move past this part, Akodo-sama. You are a flight leadeh? That's an impressive feat considering you-eh age." The smile was back and had regained its warmth.

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:13 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
That brought a soft chuckle from Hayato's lips. "That does sound like ut would be difficult. Though I suppose i can understand the trying."

"Especially since it seems to be something you enjoy."

"They bring back good memories." she nodded.

Doji Hakka wrote:
Hakka had been quiet as Hoshiko and Hayato chatted a little bit, listening to what was said but her attention seemed to be on the riders themselves. At that, she turned to look at Hoshiko once more. "Ah, Shiba-sama, I thought that they could not fly? And, the thought of flying towards the stars without some sort of craft," she gave a delicate shudder, "is a journey few would take."

There's a pause, thinking of some of the daring that she had met throughout her life, and an amused smile teases at her lips. "Or, perhaps, more than I had originally thought, but, it still stands, I'm sure."

"They can't fly, Doji-san." she nodded again, still smiling. "But, it can feel a little like it when they're at full speed. At night, beneath the stars, with the glowing fungal growths all around, it can feel out of this world to a little girl."

GEAR: Densai, Wakizashi, Water Bottle, Purse
Accompanied by Ren, a shiba inu.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:14 am 
That was what he suspected the Shiba had meant, and he was happy to have been proven right. His eyes turned to the Crane and a playful smile played across his lips. "From your words it seems you've met quite a few adventurous people, Doji-san."

"Which leads me to ask something of Shiba-san." His gaze retured to the Phoenix. "I've heard a bit about these fungal forests. You're experiences seem to lead me to believe they are safe to explore?"

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next