It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 3:28 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Re: [D2EA] Mys-tea-rious (expecting)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:45 am 
"I can relate to that. Many clans have adjusted their cuisine accordingly, I'd imagine, as not all worlds were instantly able to have only rice, fish, and fowl." Though it made her wonder what other things was eaten around the galaxy now... maybe someone should start a brand-chain focused on delivering the tastes of all the clans around the Empire.

"Fashion? Oh, it's..." for a moment she actually seemed a touch bashful. "I just always liked looking at posters and promotionals for things like musicians and artists, but also for the more military kind. There's power in how others percieve you, and how that perception can stir different reactions. And well... when you spend a lot of time in a cockpit, wearing flight-suits, or uniforms... it's nice to change it up. Dress up and take pride in your appearance."

"Which probably sounds a little vain, now that I've said it out loud... my apologies."

Has: Daisho, sidearm, fashionable attire, cool shades, densai, comm, Kami-pet.
Sometimes: Light armor, Marksman rifle.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:47 am 
Shinjo Yul wrote:
Yul smirked. "I'd have liked to have seen that. But given how much trouble I still have with my formal uniform collar..." He spread the fingers of one hand, in a sort of semi-shrug.

That comment got a definite grin out of Yul. "Now I'm curious. Almost curious enough to wait and find out. But I think I'd better err on the side of courtesy." He sat up, the better to give a seated bow. "Shinjo Yul. It's a pleasure to meet you."

"Well, maybe if the Phoenix stacks ever become a fun and awesome place to hang out at, I'll reconsider," she said with a raise of her bubble tea drink before taking a sip from her drink. "It seemed mostly dead...then again, nobody feels like socializing at a library."

"A pleasure to meet you too, Shinjo-san," she gave a dip of her head. "I know you're not an Ide, so the likelihood that you're trying to sell me something has gone down a little at least. That's a bit of a shame, really. I was sort of hoping that you could help me out in scoring a cheaper ride for an outdoor excursion."

Run by GM Boogiepop / Art by Wernope

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:57 am 
"If the Phoenix stacks ever become a fun and awesome place to hang out, the galaxy is a very different place than I think it is." Yul deadpanned.

Smiling, Yul shrugged casually. "I'm no salesman, no. But I am a pilot. There's no way I'm going this whole miai without going up in one of those Ornithopters. It's possible I'd be willing to give a few other people a ride." His tone matched his shrug.

He fiddled with his straw. "You have somewhere in particular you wanted to go?"

Danger!: Armor, marksman's rifle

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:26 am 
Utaku Hyeon-ju wrote:
"I can relate to that. Many clans have adjusted their cuisine accordingly, I'd imagine, as not all worlds were instantly able to have only rice, fish, and fowl." Though it made her wonder what other things was eaten around the galaxy now... maybe someone should start a brand-chain focused on delivering the tastes of all the clans around the Empire.

"Fashion? Oh, it's..." for a moment she actually seemed a touch bashful. "I just always liked looking at posters and promotionals for things like musicians and artists, but also for the more military kind. There's power in how others perceive you, and how that perception can stir different reactions. And well... when you spend a lot of time in a cockpit, wearing flight-suits, or uniforms... it's nice to change it up. Dress up and take pride in your appearance."

"Which probably sounds a little vain, now that I've said it out loud... my apologies."

his smile softens and he shakes his head "No not at all Utaku-san, there's nothing wrong with wanting to look good, though in my opinion you probably look great even in a flight suit." it might have seemed like a line coming from someone smoother but Satoru was anything but it likely just seemed genuine.

"I mean I spent an embarrassingly long amount of time seeing what outfit to wear." he says chuckling thinking honesty is the right route at this moment "because well, its not every day I get to go on a date with a beautiful Unicorn and I wanted to make a good impression. It's not vain to want to look good or if looking good makes you feel good about yourself."

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:40 am 
Shinjo Yul wrote:
"If the Phoenix stacks ever become a fun and awesome place to hang out, the galaxy is a very different place than I think it is." Yul deadpanned.

Smiling, Yul shrugged casually. "I'm no salesman, no. But I am a pilot. There's no way I'm going this whole miai without going up in one of those Ornithopters. It's possible I'd be willing to give a few other people a ride." His tone matched his shrug.

He fiddled with his straw. "You have somewhere in particular you wanted to go?"

"And just like that, I'm pretty sure that we've gotten ourselves both banned from the library and probably a few places around here too," she smirked, wagging her dangling foot slightly.

"Oh, an ornithopter?" she said as the gears began to turn in her head. "Not only you're handsome, but you're handy too. What are the odds, really? I mean, I know there are several places that I would like to go around here. There's probably some safety net around here where they want us to go and then there's other places where they haven't thought about us going."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:02 am 
Kuchiki Satoru wrote:
his smile softens and he shakes his head "No not at all Utaku-san, there's nothing wrong with wanting to look good, though in my opinion you probably look great even in a flight suit." it might have seemed like a line coming from someone smoother but Satoru was anything but it likely just seemed genuine.

"I mean I spent an embarrassingly long amount of time seeing what outfit to wear." he says chuckling thinking honesty is the right route at this moment "because well, its not every day I get to go on a date with a beautiful Unicorn and I wanted to make a good impression. It's not vain to want to look good or if looking good makes you feel good about yourself."

"You look good," she said first, approving of his choice of casual attire. "We're just going out for tea and cake, dressing up too much would be... awkward." And there was a sense of keeping it casual considering that he was a Spider, and she was a Unicorn.

"... But thank you. It seems you have a penchant for flattery." Though Hyeon-ju didn't say she disapproved. "Even face to face and not only in text."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:19 am 
Had the room got hotter? as Hyeon-ju complimented him he felt his face warm a few degrees, his pale complexion would do little to hide even a slight blush response, he could only hope to blame it on the heat if she made comment he cleared his throat a bit "Well thank you for saying so Utaku-san, I am not accustom to receiving such compliments...or giving them really." matters of romance mostly passed him by doing his work. there had been an incident or two but he mostly kept himself too busy in one way or another "I don't know about flattery I simply speak my mind."

he took a large sip of his cold drink to help cool off a bit "So, Ice Wasp is your username. Is there a story there?" he asked after a solid but not too awkward of a pause

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:56 am 
Kuni Eriko wrote:
"And just like that, I'm pretty sure that we've gotten ourselves both banned from the library and probably a few places around here too," she smirked, wagging her dangling foot slightly.

"Oh, an ornithopter?" she said as the gears began to turn in her head. "Not only you're handsome, but you're handy too. What are the odds, really? I mean, I know there are several places that I would like to go around here. There's probably some safety net around here where they want us to go and then there's other places where they haven't thought about us going."

"Banned from the library." Yul matched her smirk with one of his own. "I think we'll survive."

He couldn't help but grin again, shifting forward in his seat. "Flattery from a pretty Kuni," he mused, smiling. "That'll get you... pretty far, actually. Okay." He looked at her, eyebrows going up. "I'm perfectly willing to just fly around and see what we can find. But, if there's somewhere outside of the safety net you've got in mind, well..." The smirk returned. "A safety net really feels like more of a guideline, to me."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:14 am 
Kuchiki Satoru wrote:
Had the room got hotter? as Hyeon-ju complimented him he felt his face warm a few degrees, his pale complexion would do little to hide even a slight blush response, he could only hope to blame it on the heat if she made comment he cleared his throat a bit "Well thank you for saying so Utaku-san, I am not accustom to receiving such compliments...or giving them really." matters of romance mostly passed him by doing his work. there had been an incident or two but he mostly kept himself too busy in one way or another "I don't know about flattery I simply speak my mind."

he took a large sip of his cold drink to help cool off a bit "So, Ice Wasp is your username. Is there a story there?" he asked after a solid but not too awkward of a pause

She cleared her throat, leaning back in her chair after taking a bite of the cheesecake. Politely, she did not draw attention to his blushing or sweating.

"Just a little joke really... I'm often called an ice queen by my fellow pilots and back at the academy too. Nothing I'm embarrassed about, really. Wasp on the other hand is what my squad calls me. Insect squadron is more or less our unofficial name, and all our callsigns are related to such."

"What about Scrubs though?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:30 am 
"Good, because I was thinking of going pretty far with you, Shinjo-san..." She grinned back at the Shinjo. "Actually, more like a few dozen klicks to be clear."

She paused for a moment and looked around the bubble tea shop. It wasn't exactly very private or secure but they were already knee deep in the conversation. Her expression turned serious as it seemed she got to business. "How about flying at night? Do you think you'll bee good doing that? How many can you take?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:23 am 
Kuni Eriko wrote:
"Good, because I was thinking of going pretty far with you, Shinjo-san..." She grinned back at the Shinjo. "Actually, more like a few dozen klicks to be clear."

She paused for a moment and looked around the bubble tea shop. It wasn't exactly very private or secure but they were already knee deep in the conversation. Her expression turned serious as it seemed she got to business. "How about flying at night? Do you think you'll bee good doing that? How many can you take?"

"Mmmm." Yul's lips quirked, his brown eyes glinting as he looked at Eriko. "I was hoping you'd say something like that."

His eyebrows went up. "What, this isn't just a date?" His grin faded as he considered her question seriously. "Flying at night, sure. As for how many to take..." He chewed his lip a moment. "Not more than the recommended four. Not if they're geared up." A bit of the smirk returned. "I'm guessing they'd be geared up?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:54 am 
Eriko sighed softly as she reclined back in her chair. "Admittedly, it's kind of hard to have a date when there might be danger involved. I'm still figuring this out, trying to get a feel of what could be out there. If I need to go and where to go. With luck, we might only need to go to the Forest of Peace or the River of Tranquality...but I don't think I saw those areas on the map."

She reached behind her and took out her communicator, giving a small wave. "If it's not your type of thing, I get you but otherwise...you want to give me your contact?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:04 pm 
"Hard." Yul admitted. "But not impossible. And I like a challenge." He waved a hand, smiling. "But perhaps we should keep business and pleasure separate, as they say?"

Yul chewed his lip. "If you can find them, I can get us there. I'll see if I can look into it, too. I don't know where to start, but... I'll look into it."

Reaching into his jacket pocket, Yul took out his own communicator. "Yeah, sure. We can keep in touch. I feel like there's a lot we have to discuss."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:00 pm 
Utaku Hyeon-ju wrote:
She cleared her throat, leaning back in her chair after taking a bite of the cheesecake. Politely, she did not draw attention to his blushing or sweating.

"Just a little joke really... I'm often called an ice queen by my fellow pilots and back at the academy too. Nothing I'm embarrassed about, really. Wasp on the other hand is what my squad calls me. Insect squadron is more or less our unofficial name, and all our callsigns are related to such."

"I can't imagine why you seem perfectly easier to talk to, are you more of a hard ass on the flight deck?" he asked we a small smile and a raised eyebrow "As for me since I'm a surgeon in my Unit I got the nickname Scrubs 137 is my Unit number. Nothing terribly exciting I'm afraid."

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:30 pm 
Shinjo Yul wrote:
"Hard." Yul admitted. "But not impossible. And I like a challenge." He waved a hand, smiling. "But perhaps we should keep business and pleasure separate, as they say?"

Yul chewed his lip. "If you can find them, I can get us there. I'll see if I can look into it, too. I don't know where to start, but... I'll look into it."

Reaching into his jacket pocket, Yul took out his own communicator. "Yeah, sure. We can keep in touch. I feel like there's a lot we have to discuss."

Eriko took a long slurp from her bubble tea, by this time the colours of her drink have mostly started to blend together and became a mostly blue-looking drink. In a way, the nebula had settled in space.

"Oh, I never said we couldn't go for drinks after this. Believe or not, when I'm not lazing on lounge chairs at bubble tea houses, I tend to frequent places with harder drinks. Betcha didn't realize that, eh?" She smirked and send her information to Yul.

"You don't really have to do the looking so much, that's my part. You can just stay pretty and fly, if you want."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:52 am 
Kuchiki Satoru wrote:
Utaku Hyeon-ju wrote:

"I can't imagine why you seem perfectly easier to talk to, are you more of a hard ass on the flight deck?" he asked we a small smile and a raised eyebrow "As for me since I'm a surgeon in my Unit I got the nickname Scrubs 137 is my Unit number. Nothing terribly exciting I'm afraid."

"According to some, I have a stick up my rear." Normally she'd say this loud enough for Yul to hear, but she decided not to. No need to spoil the mood.

"I just take great pride in that things will be done properly, according to routines and regulations. I... may be a bit stricter than some like me to be."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:58 am 
Kuni Eriko wrote:
Eriko took a long slurp from her bubble tea, by this time the colours of her drink have mostly started to blend together and became a mostly blue-looking drink. In a way, the nebula had settled in space.

"Oh, I never said we couldn't go for drinks after this. Believe or not, when I'm not lazing on lounge chairs at bubble tea houses, I tend to frequent places with harder drinks. Betcha didn't realize that, eh?" She smirked and send her information to Yul.

"You don't really have to do the looking so much, that's my part. You can just stay pretty and fly, if you want."

Yul grinned. "Hey, if that's what you want, no problem. I can do that. Just let me know when you get the coordinates, or at least pretty good directions." He waved his communicator at her before he tucked it away.

He took a lazy sip of his bubble tea. By contrast, his was uniform color, but the boba in it was clear, and glinted as light caught it, like shining stars.

"So I guess I'll limit my looking to finding a good bar to take you to sometime." He looked at her with raised eyebrows, smirking lightly. "Unless you already know a place, in which case I can just drive us there."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:57 am 
Utaku Hyeon-ju wrote:
"According to some, I have a stick up my rear." Normally she'd say this loud enough for Yul to hear, but she decided not to. No need to spoil the mood.

"I just take great pride in that things will be done properly, according to routines and regulations. I... may be a bit stricter than some like me to be."

Satoru nodded seriously in response "Nothing wrong with that, protocol and procedure exist for a reason. In most cases it's to keep everyone safe and as you said to make sure its done properly. When we are settling a colony the list of procedures are extensive and have to be followed to a T. Cutting corners can cost lives, im sure its the same when flying fighters with a squad."

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:55 am 
"Exactly." She clearly agreed, her tone firm in its response.

"I guess it's a clash of personalities. As some members in my unit are the more reckless type."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:11 am 
"Ahhhhh" he said with a nod of understanding "Reckless types tend not to last very long in my Unit, one way or another." he said with a serious nod but not wanting to ruin the mood didn't go into the morbid details. "But it sounds like you just have a good head on your shoulders, says more about them then you if they give you crap for it."

Profile Theme
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next