It is currently Sat May 25, 2024 10:10 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ] 

Post subject: (1LM) Courtesy call
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:49 am 
The Scorpion samurai, in neatly pressed uniform and with polished boots, bowed to the Phoenix bureaucrats in the castle's reception area. He presented his mon to one of the junior functionaries, then waited patiently for someone to notice him.

"Bayushi Akagi, at your service," he said with a bow, when he finally found someone to acknowledge his presence. "I'm here to officially report my presence on this world, and express my gratitude for the hospitality of the Phoenix."

"If it is permitted, I should like to pay my respects to the governor, or his representative."

when appropriate: otori mount, light armor, standard rifle.

Post subject: Re: (1LM) Courtesy call
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:35 am 
There was a fair bit of activity around the Shiro actual with both dignitaries and guards moving to where they need to go. While the miai was being run, there was a fair bit of information being relayed back and forth being the Clans. There was no telling which of their guests might actually be joining the Phoenix in the future and finding their home on Asakaze. Even before the choices were made, there were conversations to be had.

While it wasn't a Shiro of old, Akagi would see a familar samurai in the halls. However, instead of his athletic gear, Ryo was dressed in rather traditional garb of robe, hakama and a haori in Phoenix colours. Given the publicity on the shiro, there were also public appearances to entertain. I can't believe Chiruha got to sit out of this...

"Ah, Bayushi-san, good morning...I didn't expect to see you so soon, already," he said to the Scorpion after greeting with a bow.

Run by GM Boogiepop / Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:42 pm 
"Asako-san! So good to see you again," Bayushi Akagi replied, bowing low. "I hope it isn't too early. I'm sure your father must be much too busy to meet with someone as unimportant as myself, but I know my auntie would've been disappointed in me, if I failed to at least attempt to pay my respects."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:02 pm 
"Yes, it's pretty early," Ryo said bluntly on the matter. "The last time I saw him, he's over at the banquet tent area to get the fourth one set up. Supposedly, it's going to get all the favours and support. It might be too late to make it public...but anyway, I've never known my father to take walk-ins. My apologies about that, Bayushi-san. I could pass on a message for you, unless you'd rather do the Crane thing."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:54 pm 
"Ahh, I'm sorry for causing so much trouble, then," Akagi said apologetically. "A message would be just fine. Please convey my regards, and those of Bayushi Hanako, my aunt. She still remembers your father's kindness at court."

"As for myself, I'm very grateful for your family's hospitality here," he said, bowing again.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:23 pm 
"It's no great trouble at all, Bayushi-san," he said plainly on the matter as he adjusted his haori collar. "At the very least, we appreciate a guest who can see the shiro from the city and the governor from the festivities we're hosting here. Things can get so busy and Shiro Yaoke may be thought at just another blip on everyone's journey."

"Bayushi Hanako?" he said, the name not really ringing a bell but he took note of it. "I'll be sure to tell my father that she sends her regards. Hopefully, the name will ring a bell. I think my father will appreciate those who value any history with him."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:40 pm 
"I'm sure your father must meet more important people all the time, but perhaps he may remember my aunt Hanako," Akagi said with a small smile. "She's serving now as a court functionary on the Bayushi homeworld."

"In any case, I imagine the number of guests arriving today must be keeping your clan very busy," he continued. "It looks like you have things well in hand, but if there is anything I can do to be a more considerate guest, please just let me know."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:11 am 
"I'm pretty sure he'll remember," he spoke plainly on the matter.

He nodded and gestured at the hallway he came from, as if his father was just around the corner. "But yes, I'll be sure to mention you and your aunt to my father. Most of the miai guest have arrived yesterday, like yourself, and truthfully that's the hard part done with. Marriage is a complicated matter...I'm told and there is much work to be done beforehand to lay the groundwork. I'm sure there's a bit of guesswork that will generate some busywork and more that will follow it afterwards. That's what everyone is mostly busy with here. The events and host is probably the easier part and should go without a hitch if everyone enjoys themselves."

Ryo didn't look over convinced that was actually going to be the case.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:35 pm 
"I'm sure things will go well," Akagi reassured him. "Every Phoenix I have seen has been working hard to make this a good event."

"Once your duties are done, though, you should take some time for yourself," the Bayushi suggested. "To relax, and unwind a bit."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:06 am 
"We are working hard," he said plainly on the matter as he crossed his arms. Perhaps he wasn't working as hard as his kin but putting up with something was working hard too wasn't it?

He withheld a sigh and nodded. "I plan on it, that goes without saying. I think that's something I can't help with, either way. Most of the facilities and events have taken up blocks from my routine that I'll have to either move elsewhere or wait for the next several days to be over before even work goes back to normal, let alone my leisure time."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:40 am 
"That must be really difficult," Akagi said, nodding and sounding sympathetic. "I'm sure the miai and all the guests must be very disruptive to your routine."

"Still, today is not forever, and Fortunes willing, the honor and prestige of hosting such an event should be worth it, hmm?" The Scorpion looked inquiringly at the Asako, as though wondering if he would agree.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:59 am 
"Let's not go so far as to say disruptive," he said to the Scorpion a touch sternly.

"We don't have any incidents among our honoured guests and I can only assume that everyone is enjoying themselves at the moment. That's what everyone wants here. You're right to say that good is going to come out of this once it's all said and done. My father sure thinks so and I respect his wisdom. There are some minor growing pains found on the path to success."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:43 pm 
"Everyone sharing my bunk room seems excited to be here so far," Akagi reassured him. "I'm sure it will be the best of miai."

"Though, I was wondering, Asako-san... is there a reason you aren't among the participants in the miai, yourself?" the Scorpion asked. "I had heard your sister is participating, and you seem the right age...?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:57 am 
Ryo could see this question from several klicks away. Maybe not from Bayushi Akagi but someone was going ask eventually. He took a breath in and straightened his posture. "Very observant, Bayushi-san. It is true that I am of age and I imagine that my father has his reasons to keep me from participating this season. Perhaps having both his children married off at the same time is a more complicated affair...and I would do better as his administrative aide. I'm sure you'll see Chiruha-chan among the festivities while I'm in the Shiro. Perhaps he hopes to hold another such event in the future in a few years time if this one miai is a glowing success."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:14 am 
"A sensible notion, Asako-san," Akagi agreed judiciously. "Your father may have very different goals for a match for you, versus your sister."

"Speaking of..." he added, looking thoughtful. "If it isn't too forward to ask, would you be able to share any insights on what sort of match your family is looking to make for your sister?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:37 pm 
Ryo took a breath in at the question, resisting her urge to cringe at the thought. "This is going to be kind of weird, especially talking on my sister or my father's idea of...marital plans. Again, my own sister. I think my father would be pleased with either outcome, so long as it's is a successful marriage in the end. If she is married out of the family, but he gains more allies and connections from it...But, I know that my sister would personally like to stay here, however."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:34 am 
The Scorpion nodded thoughtfully. "I suppose we must all keep our options open, since it's not entirely up to us," Akagi commented.

"You've been very helpful, Asako-san," he added. "Thank you for spending so much time humoring my questions. I know you must have a lot to do, though, so I won't keep you any longer."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]