It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 8:31 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 

Post subject: [D3:EM:Closed] Supply and demand
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:37 pm 
Nishida had worked through the mountain of forms that the Shiro had given him when he requested a meeting with Asako Karin, the quartermaster of Asakaze.

Rokugan bureaucracy was designed to discourage the applicant to such an extent that he would best drop the request. Not with Nishida. He had been through this procedure many times before and Asako Karin was not the first or last quartermaster he had or would ever negotiate with.

Quietly he sat in the foyer waiting for someone to let him see her. He had his business suit on and a wolfish grin on his face. Nishida was in his element.

Accompanied by: Akechi - Bodyguard
Pet: Mochi - Shiba Inu

Post subject: Re: [D3:EM:Closed] Supply and demand
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:31 am 
A rather polite servant would receive Nishida, leading him through labyrinthine corridors that were result of the shiro having been expanded time after time, some parts of the corridors running along what once had been the outer walls. Eventually they would arrive at nondescript green door, the servant knocking and pushing the door open, revealing a young-ish woman dressed in a kimono setting behind a rather fancy wooden desk. Mountains of papers covered the desk - and there was not a single computer in sight. Instead, several inspirational banners hung on the walls, reminding the reader of the virtues of expedience and frugality. An empty rice bowl sat by the papers, the chopsticks resting on the rim.

"Good morning, Yasuki-san. Please come in and have a seat. I hope you have had your rice today?" a warm voice belonging to the lord-quartermaster called out.

"I believe Planet will talk to us if we are willing to listen."
- Asako Mafuyu

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:44 am 
Nishida entered the office, his eyes resting for a moment on the stack of forms and applications. He was surprised that there was no computer nearby, but maybe Asako Kairn was a traditionalist. Most likely she was, considering her kimono.

"Thank you, I already had it, I hope you had it too, Asako-sama?" he answered the phrase politely. He sat himself down and took in the scenery a bit.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:01 am 
"Ah, yes." the woman peered over the mountain of papers, nodding at the empty bowl. "Yes I did, thank you." The pillow Nishida found had seen better days, the servants having mended it many times over. "I was told Yasuki-san wanted to meet me. Seeing that I am married woman, this is probably not about the miai. So, how can I help you?" Kaori asked, tilting her head to the side.

- Asako Mafuyu

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:48 am 
Nishida put on his On and began:
"The question is how can I be useful to Asako-sama? As you surely know, we Yasuki have a certain reputation. I want to be of service to you and the colony. YamadaCorp has a wide range of goods and services that I can offer. In addition, I have many business contacts in the empire myself. Surely I can do a favor for such a hard-working woman like you?"

----
I want to use my Yasuki R1 against her (Contested Commerce/Perc vs. Etiquette/Awa) can i use raises for anything?

I hope that's not rude o.O?

[D3:EM] Commerce/Perception Contested +1k1VP +5 Free Raise Yasuki R1: 7d10o10k5+5 51

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:19 am 

"Ha. Straight to the business." Kaori exhiled, crossing her arms. "That would depend on what Yasuki-san can offer." She eyed the man as if she was trying to take measure of her. "Now, would you happen to have spirit furnaces he could sell to us, hmm? Industrial scale, of course. Hundred gigaraiun or so. Similarly we would need refineries, distilleries and process-units. Again, industrial scale, able to churn out tons of stuff monthly. We have the raw materials, but we would love to produce our own good. Problem is that we hardly have funds for all that, even if your daimyo gave your permission to sell such things to us." She leaned back. The good she had listed all had military applications and so delivering such things to a fiefdom of a potential enemy was rather questionable.

- Asako Mafuyu

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:44 pm 
Nishida nodded.
"These are quite significant challenges, Asako-sama. Let me consult with my lord and I will find out what I can do for you." he said giving her a deep bow.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:02 pm 

"Very much so." she nodded. "I hope that answers your question?" Kaori asked, tilting her head to the side. "Mhmhm. Don't hesitate to contact the castle if you can bring an offer on the table."

- Asako Mafuyu

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:11 pm 
"That answered it, yes. You are the first to know the news as soon as I have it." he said making a mental note.

These things were not easy to organize and it would be difficult to get permission to trade with them. Not impossible, but difficult.

Nishida bowed another time "May i leave, or is there something else i can do for Asako-sama?"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:32 pm 
"Very well. I will look to hearing from Yasuki-san." the lord-quartermaster replied. "Ah, I think this would be all, Yasuki-san." an eyebrow rose to indicate curiosity, the courtier filing this meeting somewhere among other such meetings. "Please carry the Fortunes."

- Asako Mafuyu

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:58 pm 
"May the Fortunes be with you too, Asako-sama" Nsihida said gave her a last bow and left the office.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:05 pm 
/scene!

- Asako Mafuyu
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]