It is currently Sat May 25, 2024 12:44 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: [D4 EE] Law and Disorder (CLOSED)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:03 pm 
A very very nervous looking servant waited at the lobby of the castle with a hastily drawn sign saying 'Delegates of the Spyder' between his hands, the young man sweating visibly as he waited for the magistrate's 'guests' to arrive. He had heard the rumors - and while Lord Magistrate had assured him that the Spider had not killed or eaten anyone alive, he had been exposed to decades of clan propaganda portraying the servants of Daigtsu as bloodthirsty subhumans. Yet he stood there, determine to take these monsters to see

Oh dear Fortunes, look after your humble servant, I know I kissed Ayamu and she's married but we were both drunk and she was funny, oh dear Fortunes, please please save your faithful servant....

"I believe Planet will talk to us if we are willing to listen."
- Asako Mafuyu

Post subject: Re: [D4 EE] Law and Disorder (CLOSED)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:16 pm 
Ryuu arrived as commanded. His dress uniform impeccable, the boots shined to a military finish. His jade cufflinks glistened as they caught the light. His sidearm and daisho at his side, but prepared to be surrendered for polishing when asked.

He looked to the rest of the delegation, then to the servant. His icy blues focused on them, adding to the effect of his discomfiting aura.

Carries: Daisho, Sidearm, Uniform with the Daigotsu Mon, rank in Silver with black outline, Jade cufflinks, Communicator, Densai
Danger: Rifle, Light Armor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:56 pm 
After finding suitable dress for the occasion, Geppu arrived freshly shaven and in an impeccably clean traditional kimono quite reminiscent of the ones worn by the Spider of old...the outfit a deep grey-black with white accents and a series of white ropes hung from the belt. He would look to the servant and give a nod and a reassuring look, hoping to put the young man at ease. His face was friendlier than most in the Spider, at least.

Spider * Bushi * Magistrate Corps * Marksman
Honor: Honorless Dog | Glory: 2.6 | Status: 1 | Marriage Viability Index: 2
Gear: Sturdy (But fashionable) clothing, daisho, sidearm
Business Gear: Light Armor, Marksman Rifle, the above
Theme

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:36 pm 
Shokomaru likewise arrived in traditional dress. He black kimono only broken by grey and silver spider webs subtly showing under proper lighting. He held a traditional fan and walks in sandals, daisho through his obi.

He seemed to have a particular swagger, and his hair was done properly, less messy.

"Gentlemen", he nodded to his clan mates.

, Status: 4, Glory: 1

Carries: Sidearm, wakizashi, Densai, uniform/leisure or traditional clothes, cigs, fan.
Armor, Daisho, Rifle for battle.
Description

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:10 pm 
"Good Afternoon." He watched both of the other two delegates, making mental notes. Perhaps he should have brought something more traditonal. Too late now.

Carries: Daisho, Sidearm, Uniform with the Daigotsu Mon, rank in Silver with black outline, Jade cufflinks, Communicator, Densai

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:13 pm 
The nervous servant would lead them through labyrinthine corridors that were result of the shiro having been expanded time after time, some parts of the corridors running along what once had been the outer walls. Eventually they would arrive at nondescript purple door, the servant knocking and pushing the door open, revealing a young-ish woman dressed in a prestine uniform, sitting behind a rather wonky wooden desk. Several densai and no fewer than two computers sat on the desk. Several posters, presumably portraying known fugitives hung on the walls white walls. Three pillows were set on the floor, one rather comfy with embroidery depicting the five elemental dragons and two worn pillows showing the logo of Asako BioPharma.

"I believe Planet will talk to us if we are willing to listen."
- Asako Mafuyu

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:13 pm 
"Welcome, gentlemen." A rich voice called out to the Spider. "Please come in a take a seat."

Run by GM Tassu

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:29 pm 
A nod is given to his compatriots as they arrive or have already arrived and he follows the servant once directed. Appreciating the architecture in the area as he passed through it, Geppu made mental notes as he traveled, just in case things went really. Once the door was opened and what he assumes the person in charge who summoned them appears, he gives a deep bow and does as he was suggested.

After Shokomaru and Ryuu offered their greetings, he would offer his own, as he did not wish to disrupt protocol.

"Susumu Geppu of the Spider Magistrate Corps, Agasha-sama."

Theme

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:33 pm 
"Daigotsu Ryuu, Doshin, Magistrates office, Shiragiku." He would bow to the woman as they lined up, before taking a seat as directed.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:13 pm 
Well, it was formal and their planet, city, and everything else. So when Shokomaru sat he bowed properly, showing a bit of deference.

"Daigotsu Shokomaru, chuui of the 5th company, 9th Obsidian legion. Thank you for the invitation, honored magistrate."

Carries: Sidearm, wakizashi, Densai, uniform/leisure or traditional clothes, cigs, fan.
Description

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:27 pm 
"Welcome, welcome. Fortune's Blessings on you, good samurai. I am Kaori Agasha." the lord magistrate eyed the three Spider. "Now, which one of you has the sigil of the Emerald Magistrate?" She looked from Shokomaru to Ryuu and then to Geppu before fixing her gaze on the Spider commander.

"I thought as much." Shaking her head, Kaori poked one of her densai. "Now, if you are wondering if you have committed a crime, no, you have not. Have you stepped past what most would consider decent, yes. My men and women are on the case and I will not suffer any 3rd rate doshin to tarnish their honor." She glanced at Ryuu. "Now. I presume you had your reasons to terrify the poor commoners at the Kawaguchi farm? Please, tell me."

Run by GM Tassu

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:43 pm 
Yeah, they were terrified alright. This was all a big mess. Shokomaru had thought back then that Ryuu had spoken to the magistrates beforehand. Well...he thought that, it was impossible that he hadn't...

He wanted to bash the guy's head to the floor and force him prostrate, but that would probably be taken poorly by the Phoenix.

So instead of saying oh my, magistrate-sama! I didn't know we were doing anything naughty! he decided to let Ryuu be quiet and indicated Geppu with his fan.

The man was probably calmest of all of them in that moment anyway.

Description

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:38 pm 
Giving a bow once more, Geppu lowers his head in deference after he rises, showing a great deal of respect to the magistrate.

"Our intention was not to tarnish the honor of your magistrates, nor cause any undue stress for those under your stewardship, Agasha-sama. We would ask your forgiveness and if any slight is caused, I will accept responsibility for such a thing. We merely sought to add a fresh set of eyes to the investigation that was ongoing and in our haste and youthful willingness to take action and to provide assistance, we forgot ourselves. Compassion is a tenet of bushido that all can appreciate and that we were trying to exemplify, in honor of our most gracious hosts."

He bows once more, head low.

"Once more, we must ask your forgiveness for this, Agasha-sama. If there is something that we are able to do in order to make amends, we are more than willing."
----
Courtier/Awareness rolled. Result is a 41 with Obsidian Magistrate bonus, plus any additional skill ranks provided by my compatriots if this can be a cooperative skill roll.

Theme

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:03 pm 
"Haa." The magistrate did not look too convinced. "You are aware that honor and decorum would require you to inquire on my staff whether they needed any such help, yes?" Her tone was stern, Kaori drumming the wooden desk with her fingers. "Now, willingness to act on itself is of course a virtue. A samurai acts, samurai does not question. But courage must be tempered by courtesy. A samurai is not a brute. We can surely agree on that, I would think." She looked markedly at Shokomaru. "What kind of amends Susumu-san would suggest?"

_______
Voided Etiquette / Awareness (TN 41): 7d10o10k4 41 We tied. Not cooperative to keep it simple. So please roll again.

Run by GM Tassu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:02 pm 
"Perhaps if it would please Agasha-sama, we could spend some of our time here at the miai providing assistance in the maintenance or upkeep of a shrine or temple...perhaps that of Fukurokujin or Ebisu. Or, if Agasha-sama would be willing to accept our assistance in this investigation, we could provide our expertise at the direction of Agasha-sama's staff in a support capacity, under their command and supervision. Daigotsu-san," he says, gesturing to Ryuu, "is an expert tracker. Daigotsu-sama is a keen-minded leader of men...and I would like to believe I am well spoken and a more calming and reassuring face than many would expect of the Spider." He offers another bow. "This would be in addition to whatever task Agasha-sama would deem worthy as amends."

----
Courtier/Awareness rolled. Result is a 41 with Obsidian Magistrate bonus. Offering some number of timeslots to be spent doing nebulous 'things', from a mechanical perspective.

Theme

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:49 pm 
"That sounds acceptable, I would think so yes." A thin smile crept on Kaori's lips. "What better way to show dedication to the community, hmm? The temple of Kisada is in a rather poor shape. Perhaps you could ask the monks there how you could best help them?" the lord magistrate offered. "Perhaps tomorrow or day after tomorrow? Oh and I expect a written apology from Daigotsu-san here." she nodded at Shokomaru. "Something I can show to my people so that they can consider their honor intact. Not too much to ask, I think?"

"The investigation, Susumu-san. Already done." Kaori huffed indignantly. "The man was a drunkard, they found him dead in the woods." she explained matter-of-factually. "You know some of the heimin are, controlled by their base urges." Kaori wrinkled her nose as if she had smelled something unpleasant. "That case is very much closed."

_____

Etiquette / Awareness (TN 41): 6d10o10k3 12

The letter, as long as Shokomaru does it, happens if he notes that it does in his PF. No need to actually write.

Regarding this, feel free to roll Investigation / Perception.
"The investigation. Already done. The man was a drunkard, they found him dead in the woods."
Sincerity / Awareness (voided): 7d10o10k4 31

Run by GM Tassu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:04 pm 
Shokomaru nodded. "I think an apology is in order to your men, I know I would demand the same, honored magistrate."

And sure, go sweep the temple. Why the fuck not? Maybe he could hire some laborers to make a production out of it.

And found in the woods, huh? Maybe.

OOC
Investigation: 31
(we'll wait to see what the others get, though. obviously. get 32 or higher boys lol)

Description

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:06 pm 
EE4 - Law and Disorder? - Perception 3, Investigation 2, Strength in Terror +3, TN31: 5d10o10k3+3 33

Ryuu was good at reading people. The Lord Magistrate was hiding something. Or not telling the full truth. He shifted imperceptibly, watching silently.

He sat up slightly, bowing again to the Lord Magistrate.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:18 pm 
Geppu bows and nods. He didn't read anything off of the magistrate other than telling the truth. "Of course, Agasha-sama. We will report to the temple and offer the monks there what assistance they may require."

Theme

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:24 pm 
"Very well. I believe that we are done." Kaori asked, tilting her head to the side. "I thank you for your understanding, gentlemen." She took enough time to offer them a bow she considered they deserved. It was not particularly deep. Glancing to look at Ryuu, the woman shivered a little, resting her hand on her sidearm. "Please enjoy your stay in Asakaze. I recommend Yuraku. The baths are fabulous." The baths were also very much away from any potential trouble.

Run by GM Tassu
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next