It is currently Sun May 26, 2024 12:10 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: [D5;EM] A tempting offer
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:14 pm 
After consulting with his lord, Nishida was back in the Shiro. The offer he could present to Asako Karin-sama was good. A spirit furnance for the colony. Something that was also damn expensive. He had prepared some payment models and hoped to negotiate a good deal for the colony, him and the clan.

Calmly he waited in the lobby to be led to Karin by a servant.

Accompanied by: Akechi - Bodyguard
Pet: Mochi - Shiba Inu

Post subject: Re: [D5;EM] A tempting offer
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:45 pm 
Another servant would lead Nishida thought the labyrinthine corridors of the castle all the way to the door he had seen before, though this servant took a different route than the previous one for reasons that were not entirely obvious.

"Welcome. Please come in Yasuki-san." Karin called to him, the woman still very much buried beneath the papers on her desk. "I hope you have had your rice today?"

"I believe Planet will talk to us if we are willing to listen."
- Asako Mafuyu

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:49 pm 
"Good morning, Asako-sama." he said with a deep bow. "Inari already blessed me today, i hope you had your rice too?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:51 pm 

"Yes I have, thank you." She replied with a rich, warm tone. "Please sit down Yasuki-san. I hope that you have enjoyed your stay in our city so far?" Kaori asked, pushing a stack of papers out of the way so that they could see each other better.

- Asako Mafuyu

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:05 pm 
Making himself comftorable on the old cushion Nishdia replied: "I have so far enjoyed the hospitality and wonders of Asakze, Asako-sama. Even though there is still much to see and do. I don't think I can visit everything in the little time I have here."

He fixed his glasses.

"I bring good news, my lord has decided to offer a spirit furnance to Asakaze. As his humble servant I will take over the further negotiations in his place, should Asako-sama still be interested."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:49 pm 

"We are a young colony, Yasuki-san. I am sure you can see mos things... worth seeing." Karin replied, smiling as he dragged her finger across the table. "Oh, excellent. I am sure we would be interested. If the price is right, neh. Could you show me the numbers?" she asked him. "My lord would be most pleased if we could reach an arrangement." The quartermaster-general fluttered her eyes. "You would want me to put a good for for him, wouldn't you, Yasuki-san?"

Voided Temptation / Awareness: 7d10o10k4 44 Resisted with Etiquette (Courtesy)/ Willpower

If Nishida fails to resist, the 'deal' loses 2 of the Raises made - but he gets 1 Courtship Point.

- Asako Mafuyu

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:09 pm 
Nishida thought about it. He wanted to be successful in this miai, so a good word to the governor would make a difference. But wouldn't it harm his clan? No, no, no, with a good marriage he would have a better foothold in the colony.

"Asako-sama is very wise, of course a good word in the governor's ear would be an outstanding additional service in return. PLease let me make some corrections."

Nishida took out his Densai and changed some lines in the contract he had prepared. The contract was now still a good deal, for both clans, but Nishida would get only a bit out of it.

---
[D5:EM] Etiquette/Awareness; +1k1VP; +Honor?(3): 6d10o10k4+3 41

Sorry Clan, but I'm greedy. Cutting the two raises for clan advantage.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:12 pm 

"Ah yes, I am sure I can arrange that. We are very very close." Karin almost purred. "Now, if you would let me see your offer... oh no, I am afraid this won't do at all." She frowned. "What would you say if we tweaked the schedule a bit and... this thing here?" her longer fingers danced on the contract Nishida had offered. "You'd think this would be acceptable?"

_______

Yasuki Nishida gains a Courtship Point. But he might be in trouble later!

- Asako Mafuyu

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:19 am 
Nishida swallowed. He was like a mouse in the claws of a cougar. He had to pull himself together. This was neither the time nor the place for his happy little carp.

Nishida cleared his throat and tried to cover up his blush.

"Of course, Asako-sama, of course. We can make some changes."

Future Nishida would curse him for his stupidity.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:43 pm 

"Very good. I will take this to the lord governor already today, yes." Karin noted, smiling rather sweetly. "I am sure he will be very very happy with your offer." She patted the papers. "Please do tell me, how did Yasuki-san arrange this so quickly?"

- Asako Mafuyu

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:49 pm 
"I'm considered as a very talented in this manner." Nishida replied. "Some might say that I am blessed by the Daikoku. Depending on how this miai turns out, the phoenix will continue to benefit from my talents."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:28 pm 
"I see." Karin purred, smirking softly. "I have heard that the Yasuki are very able when it comes to satisfying the needs of others. "Now I see why they'd say that. I would have never imagined a spirit furnace just to... appear like this on my desk. Very impressive, Yasuki-san."

"Hmm, does Yasuki-san have someone in mind?" she asked, tilting her head to the side.

- Asako Mafuyu

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:07 pm 
"The person who will give my family the best access to Aasakaze in the future, of course. And since I want to continue my bloodline there is only one person in question, I think you know who" he said wit a little smirk on his lips.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:14 pm 
"Ah, her." Karin waved her hand. "Yasuki-san must know he has a rather stiff competition, hmm? There is the Isawa kid. They say that the girl is rather fond of him, yes." She looked rather smug. "Yasuki-san does know that my lord has a son as well? And that if his daughter marries out, he might pass his mantle to him, yes"?"

- Asako Mafuyu

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:52 pm 
"Competing in stiff competition is my duty. I have heard disturbing rumors, but that does not stop me from pursuing my goal. First and foremost I have to think of the clan. But depending on the outcome of this miai there might be some interesting changes here on Asakaze."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:25 pm 
"One should not pay too much attention into rumors, I think." Karin smiled as if she knew something he did no. "People say all sorts of things without knowing any better. I am sure Yasuki-san is well aware of this particular predicament, no?" she tilted her head to the side. "And what kind of changes those might be?"

- Asako Mafuyu

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:25 pm 
Nishdia knew his own reputation, he smirked. "Yes, one should not believe everything that is whispered on the street. However it's always advantageous to know the root of such things."

"Ohh it is still too early to make any real assumptions. But if I reach my goal, Asakaze could benefit from the whole range of Yasuki products."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:46 am 

"I mean, we would not mind that. Especially if the Yasuki could get the good here safe." Karin quipped, looking knowingly at the Crab. "The void has been all but safe as of recent."

- Asako Mafuyu

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:20 am 
"The wretched pirates will gnaw out the teeth at our Hida Marines" Nishida said with determination. Even if he knew that the Mantis had raided more than enough trade vessels of the crab.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:44 am 

"I mean, now." Karin pressed her hand on her chest. "Do not tempt me with something you cannot promise, Yasuki-san. We both know that the Crab are very much busy elsewhere." Now her voice rang with steel. "The Mantis have more ships than you do, even if they are busy with the Spider."

- Asako Mafuyu
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next