It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 9:33 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Rainy Daze [Day 5, LM]
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:34 am 
"Yet there are already people who live here," she said, seeming to jump off the note about reserve planets for wildlife. Taking up her own cup she took a sip from her tea, creating a pause. "I saw the most beautiful butterfly the other day," she said with a warm smile, setting down her cup.

"Still.." she said, glancing out toward the window at the rain for a moment before looking back to Chiruha. "Since we already do have people here, is there room for compromise? A greater expansion to give your father some of what he wishes while maintaining the planet in other areas?"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:16 am 
"I suppose that would be an idea..." she showed a pensive frown, "but I don't know if a balance can truly be achieved, especially if my father might find it more prudent to overlook the local wildlife entirely to make way for efficient. Industrial projects aren't new in Asakaze, there's Shiro Samidare to the west where the Agasha have set up mining operations with great success...but at the cost of its surroundings. There are reports of smog that have really pushed the local wildlife away or potentially even killed some on the island. The island was formerly home to some unique specimens of flora."

"With people here already and what we have now to sustain the colonies, I feel this is the balance. Anything further will risk tipping the scales to another direction," she said she reached to retake her tea.

Run by GM Boogiepop / Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:33 am 
"Can never achieve a balance if you never show you're willing to trust the other side, yea?" she said with a light smile, tilting her head to the side a little. "From what I learned when speaking with Asako Naokuni-sama was that he feels he needs more progress. Yet, he feels that there are many who have been pulling back, retreating from locations in reverence of the wildlife," she said, looking to Chiruha with a soft smile.

"May I make an appraisal, Asako-sama?"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:48 am 
Chiruha took a small sip from her cup and held it both hands as she looked to Ichika carefully. She tipped her head once after some consideration, "Of course, Doji-san. I trust that you have something to share from your point of view and drawing from the wisdom of the Crane."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:38 am 
"I do!" she said with a small smile, a nod. "From what I understand you and Asako Naokuni-sama are on two completely different ends of the debate, and yet, share the same goal of a bright future for Asakaze, yea? Right now.. tension between your two viewpoints stops you from moving forward as effectively as you might. While your influence pulls toward preservation his pulls toward expansion," she paused, gave a little smile and glanced to the rain for a moment. Placing both her hands in her lap, one over the other.

"You might not intend it.. but from what I understand it is there, yea? Present in those who follow your example and those who follow his. Yet, eventually, one of these two will gain the upper momentum, yea? Whichever that will be will gain what they want, and the other side will suffer for it, their goals diminished. Now.. I do not know which side this might be, but, if you were both to find a way to resolve problems together? One's that perhaps appease both your desire for conservation and his desire for expansion... you both may yet achieve your goals, if only in a somewhat limited nature," she finished with a bow of her head. Respectful, or perhaps only to hide the expression she wore, the need for a breath as she panicked a little under the weight of the pressure she placed on herself in the delivery.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:33 am 
"That's a rather admirable viewpoint, Doji-san," she said with a small smile. "I think they could actually be the case if we were even in power but this is admittedly also my father we're talking about here. And, I'm also taking part in the miai. I may be younger but he probably has the advantage of waiting. While I may know some people here, he has full governing powers of the region."

She let out a sigh and she looked out the window. "I could only strongly disagree with his plans and he is under no obligation to follow my advice. I'm sure it's not just him who wishes to see his plan come into fruition too, but people who are more important than me and even more important than my father. That's perhaps why you see only a miai here and not exactly a viable sway of power."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:24 am 
"Your father could wait," she nodded, agreeing with that. "Yet, all of those reasons.. well, I think Asako-sama is missing how those are reasons to try rather than falter, yea? Your father may be in a position where he can merely wait but it is better for him not to. That you're part of this Miai, and you may not have more time.. this is your chance to do what you can to preserve even a part of what you hope to achieve, yea?" she said, a soft smile was directed to Chiruha regardless if she was looking.

"Instead of a tug of war that will halt progress..." she said this softly, "you have a possibly limited time to exercise the influence you do have to gain something for what you hope to save. Maybe it will revert, if you are to be gone by the end of this perhaps, but it's worth a shot, isn't it Asako-sama? That maybe it might not revert, maybe you might save just a little piece more, yea? Chances are your father will be pleased enough to carry on with his plans, with your help, that he'd be willing to make concessions he otherwise wouldn't make."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:43 am 
Chiruha took a sip of her tea and smiled softly at Ichika, "Of course, I do intend to try. Nothing is absolutely hopeless, I just wanted to acknowledge that the odds are against me but I cannot hope for any sort of concession without an attempt. We do live in the same house and can easily speak to each at any time. We do see each other even now...but I suppose we haven't really had a chance to actually have a conversation. However, I do intend to have a few with my father."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:16 am 
"I'm glad, Asako-sama," she said with a smile. Collecting up her tea cup in her hand she took a sip. "I'm hoping it will lead to something good for you both, yea? Though.." she looked to Chiruha, smiled again. "If Asako-sama might have any need of help I'd be happy to help however I can. But if I can't," she glanced to the tea and provided snacks, "we can still have some nice conversation over other things, yea?" she smiled once more.

[OOC: I think the important stuff was accomplished. Shall we fade to pleasant conversation?]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:26 am 
"You're of no obligation to go out of your way to help me, Doji-an, especially as a guest. I think you've done much already. It would please me more if you were to enjoy yourself and appreciate our planet. There is a good reason I am fond of what we have here on Asakaze and it is my earnest hope that people here will share my appreciation," she gave her a small smile and took a sip of her tea.

/fade to conversation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:34 am 
Sparked on that note, Ichika almost too happily shifted to talking about all the wonderful experiences she had on Asakaze so far. All too certain Chiruha would enjoy hearing her appraisal of each one.

Certainly, a pleasant way to spend the morning.

/fade to conversation, thanks!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2