It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 10:30 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: This One's A Little Different [Day 7, LM]
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:34 pm 
Today, Ichika wore her sundress. A pale almost flaxen dress it was made with a conservative cut, the skirt coming down to her ankles even if the bodice hugged her a little. A nice sunhat to top off the look it kept her far cooler than walking around in a kimono would have otherwise. Though, the comfort the kimono would have provided during the meeting would be sorely missed.

Stepping up towards the castle she took in the sight of it in the heat, it was certainly different from when it was raining. Clutching her purse tightly in her hands she inhaled deep. Holding it she fiddled with her purse, turning it over in her hands. Looking down toward the ground she exhaled slowly. Looking up she nodded to herself, smiled, and stepped forward towards finding Chiruha for their little planned chat.

Post subject: Re: This One's A Little Different [Day 7, LM]
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:09 pm 
While Chiruha had plenty of time before their meeting, she found herself extremely short on time. This was evidence by her choice of clothing today, going for merely a short sleeve top with a vest full of pockets with cargo pants. Giving all the little widgets and tools she had on her, it was clear that she was more prepared for the Robotics Rally than the meeting itself. She perhaps only remembered that she was meeting with a Crane this morning and would likely get some scathing internal review of her outfit, while enjoying pleasant niceties at the same time.

She strolled up to where Ichika was waiting at the lobby and bowed deeper than she should, perhaps sensing her fault in this. "Good morning, Doji-san! Good to see you again, I hope things have been pleasant for you?"

Run by GM Boogiepop / Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:39 am 
"They have!" With a bright smile Ichika looked to Chiruha and then bowed in her turn. A little nod of her head, "Good morning, and thank you for meeting with me again Asako-sama. Especially with how busy you must be!" she said, shifting her purse into her right hand along and holding it off to her side.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:21 pm 
Chiruha giggled as she admitted it with a guilt nod. "I am, admittedly...it's finally the day of one of Robotics Rally and we've been working all month for this show. There are a lot of people who are interested in seeing the result of our work, like Chief Kishi-sama and even my father. Needless to say, the nerves probably won't even settle until a few days from now."

She gave a shake of her head to get to the matter, "Anyway, have you had breakfast yet? We could meet in the same room as last time, I think it should be free. Or did you want to talk in the courtyard perhaps?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:55 pm 
"I have had a bit of a breakfast, mmm," she nodded her head. Glancing then toward the courtyard, "The courtyard sounds like a good change of pace, hmm?" she looks back with a bright smile. "As comfortable as that room is, I'd hate to pass up the chance for something new! Even if it's only a little new," she said, bringing her hand up and showing a little bit of space between her index and thumb.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:50 am 
"Let's go on a walk then, Doji-san. I think today might be a day where I'll think better with my feet. I might even be able to take your somewhere to get some shade. The day promises to be pretty hot, which hopefully won't affect the rally too much," she chuckled as she began to take Ichika to the courtyard of the Shiro, more than happy to walk off her anxiety for the planned event, "will you be participating?"

The courtyard in front and surround the Shiro wasn't particularly impressive, the grounds were relatively plain with cut grass and winding pathways that both visitors and locals take to the Shiro itself. It was also shared by a circular driveway, allowing those to be dropped off and picked up with ease. There seemed to be a great effort to host some traditional trees here, although their growth is stunted by the local climate and almost seemed dwarfed.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:01 am 
"I thought I should," she said, happily taking into step beside Chiruha. "Maybe.." she said, fiddling with her index finger a bit as they walked. Glancing away for a moment, when she returned to looking where she was going she said, "There's just been a lot on my mind. Don't wanna go only to make a mistake and break something, yea?" she glanced to Chiruha as she answered.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:38 pm 
Chiruha raised her brows at Ichika and crossed her arms as she sensed a concerning matter. "I suppose the rally could seem complicated to someone who might not have worked with drones before. We try to make everything as plug-and-play as possible to allow everyone to participate. But...what has been on your mind, Doji-san?"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:52 pm 
"Something I was actually hoping to talk to you about." Inhaling a little extra through her nose, she exhaled just as quick through between her lips. "Do you know much about a shrine here on Asakaze? More remote though, outside of the city unlike the others?"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:16 am 
That was a bit of conversation that came from left field, especially from Ichika. However, she had received a message from Mal-Chin regarding something strange. "Oh, you mean the forest shrine? I suppose that's beyond rural territory and into the wilderness proper. They've kept to themselves for many years, I believe as far back since their inception. They drop into town from time to time to pick up supplies otherwise we don't interact with them all that much. They are very private, I believe."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:45 am 
"Hmm," she vocalized as she thought, fiddling with her finger. Glancing around them for a brief moment, "We should sit somewhere first, yea? I don't-" she shook her head, "I was told something the other day, and," she looked to Chiruha, a small smile. "I trust you Asako-sama, and feel like you're the best person to come to. Others.. I'm not sure they'd listen," she admitted, sheepishly.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:58 pm 
Chiruha looked a bit bemused. "Thank you for putting your trust in me, Doji-san. I would imagine that Doji-san must have a good number of acquaintances here at the miai alone. It's unfortunate that they wouldn't spare a moment to listen to you at all. You're very approachable."

"Here! I usually do some of my reading there," she said as she gestured to a bench and a table with a shelter above it, made for those who wanted to have lunch outside on those rainy days. She sat down on one side and gestured Ichika to get the space spot across from her.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:19 am 
Taking just that spot, she settled into the seat and put her purse down on the table. Giving a little dip of her head toward Chiruha. "It's a very nice spot, Asako-sama," she said, looking about it with a smile. Distracted as the thought was she snapped back, "As for what I was saying.." she pursed her lips.

"Well, I've a lot of acquaintances but.. unfortunately most of them aren't Phoenix, and certainly none from this planet. Though I did meet your brother! But that's not what I'm trying to say," she said, looking down as she rubbed the back of her neck with a silly looking expression. "Anyway.. thank you, Asako-sama. What I wanted to talk to you about actually involves one of those acquaintances, and with him he mentioned a few others too," she inhaled a little, then exhaled a few seconds after. "They learned something that has them very concerned, Asako-sama."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:20 am 
"Oh...I hope he didn't give you too much trouble. I'm sure Bean Stalk might be in a sour mood recently but he's often not like that," she said quickly regarding her brother, hoping that Ichika didn't think ill of her immediate family.

She rested her hands on the table and brought her hands together in a pensive gesture as she looked at the Crane with further concern. "As a hostess here, it kind of worries me if my guests are concerned. What's the matter?"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:36 am 
"Well-" she paused, "First," she shook her head with an awkward little smile, "your brother is fine. Someone else said he-" she shook her head. "We had a nice time chatting, even if I made things a little awkward," she laughed, awkwardly as expected.

Waving her hand, "Anyway.." she inhaled, then exhaled. "Alright," she nodded. "They spoke of concerns they understood when speaking with the kami, as some or.. most," she shook her head again, waved it off. "They spoke with the kami and connected some dots, but they believe it's very likely that the people there are supposedly trying to do something about re-opening a connection to the spiritual plane it was severed from?" she dipped her head. "I'm not reasonably sure I understand what is going on, exactly. It's not my area but they seemed concerned enough to ask me to speak on their behalf for the magistrate or even your father. I- I don't think what they have is enough to bother either of them though so.. I was hoping you might know more," she said, her voice turning sheepish toward the end.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:00 am 
"I must admit that the realm of the kami and kami-spirituality is beyond my grasp, even as a member of the Phoenix Clan. I do know that the kami aren't exactly the same here as they are elsewhere but that remains the case for all worlds. As for opening the connection to a spiritual plane, is that something some shugenja do to some degree? Just like how Lion shugenja tap into the realm of their honoured ancestors? Maybe not so directly...but that is a vague example."

"Is anyone or anything being harmed from this going on perhaps? Has it affected the land? I know it might be silly to ask, especially if it's something spiritual but sometimes some physical signs to manifest to the mundane eye."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:22 am 
"I.. I don't really know," she said, her voice giving out in a little puff. Alike to the sense that admitting that threw a weight off her shoulders for the moment. "From how they described it everything seemed rather.. serious," she said. "Like there might be a potential for a lot of danger in the sudden re-opening could lead to.." she paused. Collecting her thoughts as she glanced around the area, but focused on the people. How they walked about their lives unaware of the conversation, for some reason it seemed to bring her a little peace as she let a breath slip between her lips.

A small nod, finding the words again, "No one is getting harmed yet by these actions. However, there is a belief among the samurai I spoke with and his colleagues that those performing this actions very well could cause people to be harmed by them. Those who spoke to me about this, they themselves are shugenja and are likely more versed in all this than either of us, yea?" she said, calmed a little she chuckled a bit. "So, what I was hoping to ask more about isn't the spiritual side of things but maybe anything else you know about these people at the shrine. Anything that might help us all understand a little more about what's going on, yea?"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:28 am 
"I think they've formed around the same time as Shiro Yaoke was founded too. They are secluded rural folk who don't have much of standing at the Shiro, officially anyway," she shrugged, if they were hidden away or had somehow infiltrated, it was beyond her notice.

"It is my understanding that they worship a minor Fortune of the forests but I think my passing research of them came up short and I've never really bothered to look much into them. Sorry if I'm not of great help, Doji-san. But I do share your concern, especially if it could do will the well-being of the Shiro or local ecosystem."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:37 am 
"It's okay, Asako-sama. Thank you," she said with a light smile. Dipping her head, "Just.. talking with you has helped a lot for me at least," she looked up, same smile. "Maybe if there is anything you hear.. well, maybe we can all work together to figure out the best way to move forward, yea?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:42 am 
"Of course, Doji-san! Especially, when it's something important as safety and spiritual well-being," she nodded soundly Ichika wasn't the first who approached her about such a matter and she wouldn't be the last either. "I'll be sure to let you and a few others know if I learn anything. And I just hope that your stay here remains pleasant."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next