It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 7:05 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: This One's A Little Different [Day 7, LM]
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:50 am 
"Thank you Asako-sama," she said with a warm smile, dipping her head. Grabbing her purse she gave it a little wave. "If I can ever be of assistance don't hesitate, yea?" she said with a soft chuckle. A little nod, "Or if you just want to chat?" she added with a bright smile.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:30 am 
"Well...maybe while I still have you here..." Chiruha said on a slightly reluctant note as she bit her bottom lip in thought. "I haven't really been able to discuss much of the miai, other than my kin almost a week ago. I'd like to pick your opinions on some of the participants of the miai here. Does Doji-san know many people here?"

Run by GM Boogiepop / Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:19 am 
"O-oh! Of course! Uhm.. I think so!" she seemed to pause in that excited expression, furrow her brow a little and then laugh. "I- I mean, yea," she chuckled a little more. "At least, I think I know a good number but I don't really know how many I don't know, yea?" she slid a little bit more forward on the seat. Happily pushing aside her communicator again.

"How can I help, Asako-sama?" she smiled brightly.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:01 am 
"I'm sure Doji-san sees more people than I do, at least!" she smirked with a gesture around her to indicate everything, "I've been stuck doing a lot of things, much like this Robotics Rally coming up and Fan Con afterwards...I suppose, who are the most popular candidates at the moment? Are there any ones people should be wary of?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:13 am 
"Most popular.." she put her finger to her chin, thinking. "Has to be Moto Ruhe-san but I'd be surprised if you haven't heard about him at least a little yet. Every event I've seen him take part in he's excelled so much it's.. it's really quite amazing," she said with a half-giggle. Waving her hand off, "But others, others.."

"Most of the Spider are.. well, the Spider in most people's eyes but they all have their own little quirks. Daigotsu Ryuu-san seems.. a little different than the rest, but they all.." she shook her head, waved that thought away too.

"Another is Tsuruchi Hayato-san! I don't know really what he's looking for, but he's a really good shot from what I hear about one of the earlier events, yea? Something of a smoker but.." she shook her head, "he's nice to hang around with at least. Pleasant company and he's very proper," she nodded.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:24 am 
Chiruha glanced off to the side and scratched her cheek in thought at the presented option. "I don't think I've spoken to Moto Ruhe yet...we've might have acquainted ourselves in the same room, I'm not too sure. No Spider has approached me either. I did speak very briefly with Tsuruchi-sama on the first day at the dinner but that's about it."

"Do you know anything about the Crab here? And the Minor Clanners?" she asked next.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:50 am 
"Of the minor clans.." she furrowed her brow in thought, touching her chin as she did so. "Well, there's Nakauchi Mumei-san. She's really nice, but.." she glanced down a little, "well, I think she has specific hopes, hmm?" she said with a slightly strained chuckle.

"For the Crab.." she looked down a little again, returning with a more neutral expression. "I only really knew one of them, Kuni Koryn-san, we were roommates at the Wisteria," she paused for a moment, inhaled and exhaled in a more conscious manner. "I didn't know.. don't know most of the others, but one of them who spoke during his funeral, Kaiu Tetsu-sama," she looked down as she continued.

"Kaiu Tetsu-sama spoke of being a ship-mate with him.. having known him prior, and ribbing?" she said the word, not certain of the meaning herself. "Well.. I think it means joking with or playing pranks on.. anyway, Kuni Koryn-san came here on a prank or so, apparently. He told us so himself when he first arrived that he didn't know he was going to a Miai, apparently he was lied to in order to get him to come here," she shook her head. "Guess that might mean Kaiu Tetsu-sama was part of not telling him, or correcting his belief?" she shrugged a little, sighed. Propping herself up in her seat she performed the little breathing ritual again. Looking back to Chiruha with a soft strained-smile when she reinvigorated her spirit a little.

"Then, there was Kuni Eriko-sama," she said, a little nod. "She spoke well of him too, didn't seem to know him too well though. Still.. she seemed nice in what she said about him," she smiled.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:44 am 
It seemed she would have the opportunity to meet Nakauchi later on.

"Oh, yes...I heard about the Crab funeral," she said with a glum frown, "I think my father would have liked it if there were no incidents at the miai. Especially, it would show his good responsiblity as a host. Incidents with wildlife here aren't common but they happen, especially the size of some of the fauna. And it's very unfortunate what happened to Kuni-san..."

She shook her head, "I find it strange that he didn't know this was a miai. That must be either spiteful deception or he was truly clueless...I hope this isn't common among the Crab."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:55 am 
"I hope so too," she said with a little nod, giving Chiruha a little smile for words that she didn't quite have the bravery to speak. Shifting in her seat again, putting her hands down on it to lift herself and move just a tad. When she was done she lay her hands down on the table and clasped them together, encircling her purse between her arms.

"What kind of spouse are you hoping for, Asako-sama? Any qualities you like best?" she ventured to ask, tilting her head a little to the right with the question.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:44 am 
"It's not like I could just pick and choose everything into one spouse," she said with an abashed giggle as she brushed some hair back, "it would be nice to have someone smart, compassionate and understanding if I could pick some traits. I know no spouse is obligated to share the same duty or interest as another but I do think that my duty here and my hope for the future of Asakaze should matter to them at least somewhat. Sympathetic, at least?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:24 am 
"I can see that! Hopefully one that might marry in too, hmm? Let you work toward that goal of yours, as long as it works.. yea?" she said, with a little smile. Bringing her hand up to her chin she furrowed her brow in thought.

"Hmm, would it be better if you married someone from another clan to bring them in, or like.. have you met Shiba Atsumori-san? I heard good things about him from Nakauchi Mumei-san, actually," she said with a soft smile and a nod. "I think he's sympathetic to stuff like that, yea? At least there was some mention of being comfortable around animals if I wanted to go talk to him," she said with a bright smile.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:30 am 
"Ah well...if I could have everything I wanted..." she said shyly regarding her ideal spouse with a shrug. "That would be nice but I get a feeling that is unlikely to happen. My responsibilities have kept me from actively participating in the trials and I think everyone here has been very competitive, and they should be for the sake of their Clan and own future."

She smiled at the mention of the Shiba. "Yes! I did make his acquaintance a few days ago and he shares a bit about his studies in Rokugan and the animal life there! He even gave me a few links to his work. They've been fascinating watches and he's pretty handy with a drone. If he were a local, I'd say he fits in here very well. We haven't talked outside of the one meeting, however."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:31 am 
"Enough that maybe he'd be a good match, hmm?" she suggested with a little smirk. "I mean.. if it comes down to you, yea? Could be nice to keep in mind when thinking about it..." she drifted on a thought, glancing over toward one of the nearby bits of grass for a moment. "Unless.. does Asako-sama have anyone she knows about that she'd like to know a little more about?" she asked, the excitement in her tone growing as she spoke. "Cause I could help with that!" she laughed a little, covering her mouth with the back of her hand.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:13 pm 
"Yes, I'll keep that in mind," she nodded at the proposal, although she had a feeling that she wasn't going to be selecting anyone if her relationship with the governor was a deciding factor.

"I mean..." she said with a blush at first, "I guess I asked Doji-san for her opinions on a few Clans here because I did have someone in mind that I was curious about and would like to know more to be more certain. I just wish to do all of my research, as Asako tend to like to do. Do you know much about Yasuki Nishida-sama?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:21 pm 
Noticing the blush she started to smile but she evened it out. Happy little helper Crane brain go brrr. Shaking her head, "Nope, but! I can change that!" she said happily leaning forward into her seat as she leaned with her elbows on the little table.

"It'll be subtle too, yea? I haven't spoken with him myself yet but," she laughed into the back of her hand, "that just means I can figure him out in all the right ways, yea?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:59 pm 
"Well, if only Doji-san wishes to," she was hopeful but gave a small shrug to downplay the eagerness of the offer. "I'm sure you have your own appointments and things to inquire about. I would have asked Mal-Chin-san...but he's busy in the same way. Maybe if only you happen to meet him than anything else? Just any opinions would be fine."

She gave Ichika a seat bow, saying please and thank you.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:07 pm 
"Oh, I do!" she said, a bright smile. "I'll be sure to let you know, yea? Depending on what I find out I can send you a message or we'll meet up again soon to talk about it, yea?" A little tilt to the right to emphasize her question.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:32 am 
"I open to either one, Doji-san," she smiled, "you'll likely catch me in settings like this, outdoors and on the go if that's fine with you. I get a feeling that might be how the rest of my days might go here until the miai concludes but I'm not opposed to anything more formal too, of course!"

"That said, I should probably get going with my day at the Robotics Rally! Chief Kishi-sama is likely going to wonder where I've been if I don't get there in time. We need to make sure all of the parts are in order and sorted out for the participants! It's going to be so exciting watching the efficiency module at work!"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:31 am 
"Of course!" she said, a bright smile as she waved off something. "I can't keep you from that and all the while trying to be friendly, yea?" she said with a little chuckle as she stood. Turning back toward Chiruha as she did so. "I hope you all have a great time Asako-sama! Maybe next time we meet we can chat about that too, yea?" she said with a bright smile then, offering the woman a bow made way for her to run off toward her quite important afternoon!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:12 pm 
"Of course, Doji-san. We'll have much to talk about next we see each other, regardless of the setting. Have a pleasant day!" she rose from her seat to bow with a chuckle and made her departure to the dojo.

/exit
/scene

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2