It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 11:34 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: Final Devotions (D12, LE)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:27 am 
After parting ways with Hayato for the evening, even if she would've liked to spend more time with him today, she acknowledged that they both had their own things to settle on Asakaze before leaving the planet.

And for Hyeon-ju, it meant one last visit to the temple of Kisada, where Chiyoko's spirit had been laid to rest. It was a visit she wanted to do alone anyway.

Approaching the place of worship and prayer, Hyeon-ju held a stick of lighted incense between her fingers. This wasn't the way she had hoped to pay her respects to Chiyoko after the end of the miai when she had come her yesterday to pray. In a way, she still felt like she had failed her dear friend and the woman she had originally hoped to marry. She felt she had failed in so many ways... first of them being to protect Chiyoko. Maybe it had been futile to suggest to a Matsu that they'd retreat, but in all the time after what happened, Hyeon-ju had asked hersef so many times if she could have done anything different to have saved the noble Matsu Lioness.

She knew she couldn't own the actions of others, or so her thoughts reflected as the smoke of incense swirled around her with its heady scent, and could only own her own. Yet, in so many ways, she felt her actions had led to one failure after another.

"I'm so sorry, Chiyoko-san," the Utaku's voice was quiet, delicate even, as she knelt by the shrine and placed down the incense in its receptable.

Hyeon-ju had failed to secure the match her clan would have wanted of her. She had failed to impress in the host's contests, but at the very least she could take comfort there that Yul and Ruhe had more than made up for it with their own showing, finishing as the two highest ranked bachelors of the miai. Ahead of people who were born into wealth and power. And she was proud of them for it - they had made their own fortunes through their skill and luck. A Unicorn could not ask for more.

But here she was, having fallen short. "I hope you'll approve that I at least chose something I could be happy with, my dear friend, even if it was not what I had hoped for, and maybe not what you hoped for either for me. I wonder what you would have said today, had you been there..." she sighed, resting her palms against her thighs as she sat in seiza before the shrine.

"Please be at peace, and may your future bring you more blessings. As you saved my life, and was such a rock for me, I intend to name my first daughter Chiyoko, in your honor." At least she was certain Hayato wouldn't disapprove of the sentiments. And in time, she would have to tell him all about what had happened that night. And that she alongside Nozomi, Shoan, and Yul took out that bastard that had hurt her and killed Chiyoko.

It would be a while longer for her to sit there, in quiet thought and prayer to the Fortunes and ancestors alike, for blessings on her union, and for kindness and blessings to be given to Chiyoko's soul.

One last offering was left for Chiyoko before Hyeon-ju was done with her time here. Recalling that her friend had been fond of ikebana, she hoped that a simple creation with pink lotus would have been appriciated. Purity and devotion, the Battle Maiden thought as she admired the set one last time before she clapped three times and finished her prayers and offerings.

With a sigh that made her feel a bit lighter, Utaku Hyeon-ju rose to her feet and walked away...

Has: Daisho, sidearm, fashionable attire, cool shades, densai, comm, Kami-pet.
Sometimes: Light armor, Marksman rifle.
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]