It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 6:43 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ] 

Post subject: Shelter from the Rain [Day 4, LA]
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:31 am 
Knowing in some hours there was going to be an event, Ichika wasn't keen on returning home just yet. Thus making her way through the city she found herself here, coming in from the rain with a hop-skip kind of run for the last few feet to get out of the rain quicker. A soft laugh for herself as she settled her feet inside of the building, casting the umbrella down so it can drip on the ground freely.

While the statues drew her eye first what naturally drew her interest were the attempts at maintaining the wall. Walking up toward one of the scrolls she let the umbrella hang out to the side, dripping on the ground beside the damp lower portion of her kimono.

Post subject: Re: Shelter from the Rain [Day 4, LA]
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:48 am 
It seemed another took to the nearest building as the rain suddenly got harder. Or at least in Naras case stumbled in over the steps and almost falling over. She giggled, shaking herself to get any of the droplets off her and put her umbrella down, looking around. She looked very different to many others gathered, and the white hair might cause her to be confused with a Crane.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:49 am 
Turning about at the sound Ichika looked for a moment, something about the girl seemed familiar and yet didn't at all. Furrowing her brow for a moment she thought, but shrugged and then gave a little wave from just a few more steps inside.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:13 am 
Nara noticed the wave, and tilted her head. She wasn't sure she knew the person, but shrugged and moved in the direction of the wave with a bow.

"Hello?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:51 am 
"Hello!" she said, glancing over her for a moment. Putting a finger to her chin she wondered aloud, "I- I can't place it exactly but you look.." she shook her head, "well, not look, but I feel like I've met you somewhere before," she said, her voice trailing off as she tried to think.

Shaking her head she smiled, "Anyway.. sorry to bother you, maybe it was nothing. Doji Ichika," she said with a light smile and then bowed.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:41 am 
"Have you?" Nara tilted her head, confused "I don't know. I don't think I have met you? I'm meeting you now though! I'm Susumu Nara, lovely to meet Doji-san! Sorry for the interruption, the weather is awful ne?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:40 am 
"Oh! Susumu-san!" she said, bringing her hands together. Smiling, "We met some days ago, in the wisteria during that one showing of the.. uhm.." she tilted her head and glanced down. "Whatever that game was called," she waved her hand, "With Shinjo Yul-san, Matsu Hide-san, and some others, yea?" she laughed a little.

"Seems as bad as the weather is it hasn't stopped either of us from getting around, yea?" she chuckled again.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:37 pm 
Nara took a few moments before an "oh! Hai! I remember" with a beaming smile "Doji-san! It was um...baseball? Some kind of odd sport that they're going to have us watching and cheering them on for, ne?"

She looked at her umbrella, then back at Ichika with a nod.

"I've been in worse rain. I've had to act in worse rain! Well, not quite worse, but almost as bad. Trying to shoot in this weather can be awful. What is there here?""

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:13 am 
"Oh, here?" She said, glancing back onto the scrolls on the wall. "Nice place to hide from the rain, do a little reading. Hide from the rain," she said with a half laugh.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:25 am 
"Oh, huh. Is this a library? It looked like one of those olden style temples" Nara looked around them "I can't remember the last time I read something that wasn't digital. Not sure why we would anymore, everything is digital now and easier."

She peeked back at what Ichika was reading.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:03 pm 
"No no, it's one of the old temples, see," she said, pointing over toward the wall. "Kinda a creative use of the texts, like that, yea?" she said with a bright smile.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:40 am 
Nara did look around at that.

"This is a temple? It's a lot brighter than the ones back at home. Also it feels older and more...oh it is like a giant temple library! That is very clever" Nara nodded a few times "do they have anything interesting to read though? I was talking to a Phoenix yesterday about glasses that let you see the kami, and he thought there might be books on that."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:18 pm 
"Mmm," she vocalized with a nod. "I'm not quite certain, but I suppose that depends on what Susumu-san thinks is interesting, yea?" she said with a light smile. "I'm not certain I know much of what they have available here but I'm not certain it's all that much in the material sense."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:56 pm 
"Art! I like art" Nara said with a beaming smile "all arts. I wonder if they have books on art? Maybe famous pieces from the past? Or dancing books? Maybe theatrical studies?"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:34 pm 
Ichika raised her brows, laughing lightly into her sleeve, "That's good, Susumu-san. I'm not so certain if they have many books here though but.. there is the temple of Fukurokojin with an accessible library if that's what you're hoping for, yea?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:49 pm 
Nara looked slightly deflated.

"But it's raining out, and I don't want to go to another library temple! What about fashion books? What do they have here?" she turned to look at Ichikas hands, confused for a few moments before she realised the writing was on the wall. Literally! So she looked at that, as unexciting as it was.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]