It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 5:56 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: [D8, EA] Strength in Persistence
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:41 pm 
Hide stood before the temple dedicated to the Fortune of Persistence. The weather was pleasantly cool for once, which Hide was deeply thankful for. He may have been an amazing choice for the hardy people of Asakaze to dedicate a temple to, but in a way he was also perfect for this miai.

This Matsu wasn’t going to give in. There was still a chance. She paid her respects to the Fortune, looking up at the massive statue. He was so impressive, truly larger than life.

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

Artist (NSFW stuff in the gallery)

Post subject: Re: [D8, EA] Strength in Persistence
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:26 am 
"Afternoon Hide-san." A fine scent of tobacco announced his arrival, although there was no sign of a cig. With a bow he moved closer and smiled slightly. "Good to see you. How've you been?"

Ghost dad watched quietly from a few shrines away. His arms were folded as he watched the exchange. Koseki wasn't sure what the old man made of the Lion, but maybe he'd chime in.

Equipment: Sturdy clothes, densai, Sidearm, Daisho, lighter, smokes.
Where appropriate: Light armour, rifle

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:45 am 
Hide turned to the familiar voice with a warm smile, a polite bow following. “Ah! Koseki-san. You look well. I take it you have had a quiet few days since we last met up?”

Upon rising from her bow, she took a relaxed stance. She had fought along side this man, so she trusted him enough to relax.

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:53 am 
"Thanks, you too!" Someone might have been listening so he didn't ask how her zombie scar was healing. "Yeah... I drank a lot. Danced a lot. Smoked a lot." He flashed her a warm smile. "Seemed like the right things to do. Was pretty pleased with yojimbo contest too."

Ghost dad gave a grudging nod. He was pretty proud of that performance.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:15 am 
“Man, I missed it! So you did well, huh? Well, good on you. That should make your ancestors proud.” Hide rubbed the back of her neck, maybe a tinge of jealousy hit her but it was quickly replaced by feeling happy for the Firefly.

“I’ve been mostly relaxing. Except for the huge foot race I had with my kin yesterday. That nearly killed both of us. Drank a lot doing karaoke with some of the other Minor Clanners and Eriko-san the other night. Word of warning, Kitsune Izumi-sama gets really into karaoke when he’s super drunk. Nakauchi Mumei-san is very good at karaoke.”

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:26 am 
"Yeah, I was in the zone. Felt good, even if the other tests are beyond me at least I did well there." He looked over at some of the shrines with a serious expression but it softened when he looked back at her. "Hopefully when people leave here they'll remember a Firefly makes a good yojimbo. Heck if they remember the Firefly I'll call it a win." Koseki flashed a grin.

"Glad you've been able to relax. I was out singing with the pilots last night. That was fun. I'm a much better drummer than singer." The Metal sign was made with his right hand. "Kitsune-sama is fun to be around, he's got so much energy. And no one dances like Mumei-San, didn't know she could sing too! What about Eriko-San, hows her voice?"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:40 am 
“Pilots? Like Yul-san? How’s he holding up?” Hide chuckled at the thought of her karaoke companions. “Yeah, Kitsune-sama’s always zooming all over the place. He’s got this younger brother kind of charm to him. And as far as Eriko-san’s voice... Well, she totally had me beat during our duet.”

“I kind of lucked out with my shuttle coming in. Met them along with Ujina Jin. All of us stuck on the midnight flight. That big party at the Kayama nights back? Well, it started with us congregating in the Club. Invited them all out to catch up and have fun.” There was this hint of nostalgia in her voice as she spoke, as things were simpler all those six days ago. “Spent most of the time chatting with Eriko-san before I eventually hit the dance floor with Jin and Kitsune-sama.”

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:34 pm 
"Yeah Yul-san was there, seemed pretty good considering he was almost eaten by a drifter." He nodded and chuckled at the description of the Fox.

"Oh really? I was going to ask how you met them all. I fell asleep as soon as I boarded mine. Long trip from Amanoseki. Huh. That was an awesome night out. We should do that again." With more metal!

"I met Eriko-san in the library. She grabbed my book and looked like she was going to fight me for it." A bigger smile spread across his face at the memory.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:41 pm 
“Yul-san almost got eaten by a drifter?!” Hide’s eyes widened at that bit. She really should check in on Yul. “How’d he get out of that scrap?”

Hide nodded in agreement about having another wild night. “Well, I’m going to the Kayama tonight... But it’s, uhhh, a date. Maybe in tomorrow we can get Yul out over there and he can tell me himself about his harrowing experience!”

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:48 pm 
"Yes! So apparently he was on a date with Naukachi Mumei-san, and they were attacked by a drifter. She saved his life. I'm guessing there might be a few sparks there what with all that excitement..." He flashed a grin.

"I'm heading out to help with some pest control later. That's two drifters with a taste for samurai flesh." With a more serious expression he looked up at Kisada's Shrine. "I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask the big guy for his blessing."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:58 pm 
“Seriously? Mumei-san hasn’t told me th... Oh. I feel like an ass now.” Hide frowned, remembering something about Mumei also being hurt that night she healed her. But that was after their little falling out-ish thing. “Go put some holes in those overgrown lizards, Koseki-san.”

Hide looked back up towards the big statue of the Fortune and let out a sigh. “I guess my prayers have been selfish in comparison. Not been doing too hot in this miai thing. With both her’s and my points being so low there’s a big chance someone will pick one of us before it comes to our choices. I dunno, just seeing the big guy here kind of fills you with the will to hang onto your goals, yeah?”

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:16 pm 
"I'll do my best Hide-san, I'll do my best." Shooting some lizards seemed a lot easier than most of these contests. He nodded at Kisada.

"Persist, and be sure to have a backup plan. Yeah, the competition is tough, especially with Moto-san in the mix." The metal gods were watching over him for sure. "I think I'm doing okay. Middle of the pack and no-one seems to have met a Firefly before." He smirked. "It'll be what it'll be."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:30 pm 
“Middle of the pack but assured a match. Ever think of taking this opportunity to try and set something up for future generations?” Hide didn’t have to worry about that kind of thing, but the thought crossed her mind because the Firefly are such a tiny Clan.

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:07 am 
Ghost dad smirked. Koseki narrowed his eyes at the ghost but then smiled and looked back at Hide.

"Yeah. All the time Hide-san. There's the competition between who I imagine myself with, and who might be best for my Clan." He shrugged and gave the statue of the big guy a nod. "Firefly are pretty damn tenacious, we've got the Crab to thank for that. We're also on good terms with the Spider at the moment. To be honest, most of the Great Clans have a lot to offer."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:13 am 
“Maybe I was misunderstood a bit?” Hide’s brow rose slightly, her head falling slightly. “I meant the time-honored tradition of... Making the right friend. One that can promise something not just for you now, but your children down the line. Use the miai as a chance to secure something for your children, as you have no idea what opportunities they will have in the future.”

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:31 am 
He seemed a bit puzzled at first but ghost dad laid it out for him. She's talking about arranged marriages boy. Friendships bring families together. Hmm, get some Matsu blood into the family eh? Not a bad idea...

"Ohhhhh! Oh wow, that's a great idea Hide-san. Huh. Did you mean...is that something you'd consider?" He shook his head slightly. "It's funny. I came here hoping I'd manage to do right by my clan. I didn't really imagine I'd be making lifelong friends." His eyes met hers and he gave a cautious smile.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:40 am 
That brought a genuine smile to Hide’s face, she had expected a positive reaction, but Koseki seemed truly happy. “Yeah! I really appreciate the help you’ve given. Least I can do is offer friendship and help you and your Clan out in the future.”

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:03 am 
Koseki breathed out a long breath. "That's, wow, very kind of you Hide-san. I kind of dreamed about making a good impression with someone for my Clan. Have to say I never expected to..." He lowered his voice. "...fight mushroom zombies, ever. But I'm glad it was with you, and the rest of the team. We did good back there. I hope they turn that place to glass."

He looked back up at Kisada and nodded. "We should hit the club one of these days. Make a toast. Maybe even dance. I'm not any good but I try hard." He smirked.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:07 am 
“Hey man, as long as the dance has some spirit to it, it’s all good.” Hide followed Koseki’s gaze back up to the statue of Kisada. “Yeah, circumstances and following a Kuni around makes for some interesting friends. You all have earned respect. I kind of wish I contributed more.”

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:02 pm 
"I'd probably be dead if you hadn't pulled me out of that hole." He shrugged. "So the respect goes both ways."

He leaned casually against the nearby wall and looked off into the distance. "What will you do once the miai is over? Any big plans? Does it matter to your lord who you end up with, I know some of us are more free than others in our choices."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next