It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 8:20 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: [D4 EN] Knowledge is to be Shared
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:28 pm 
He nodded "Navigation is a beast all its own and one I honestly know little about. Though luckily your navigators aren't required to know all this to do what they do as far as i know. If ships are like most things they shouldn't have to know much about how they work so long as they do."

"As for schematics I'm sure something will be available. To ask non engineers to build a robot from scratch is a.....daunting task to say the least. Though if someone could brute force their way through it I think it'd be you." His expression didn't change as he said it. Had he been making a joke? Teasing even? Always hard to tell with Satoru but hints of it were there.

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:41 am 
"You have much faith in my ability, Kuchiki-san," she remarked with a raised eyebrow, not sure if she could live up to such expectations herself.

"I will have to work hard to meet those expectations, it seems."

Has: Daisho, sidearm, fashionable attire, cool shades, densai, comm, Kami-pet.
Sometimes: Light armor, Marksman rifle.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:29 am 
"I have much faith in your confidence and determination. You have proven to be those two things at a minimum. You may not be successful but you will give it your all which in the end is all that can be asked of a samurai. At least at something like this." He knew all too well that in the face of failure of some duties effort mattered little.

"but if I motivate you to work hard, that is a good thing as well."

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:36 am 
She crossed her arms casually, looking him up and down. "And what of your own motivations, Kuchiki-san? Will you be pushing yourself as well in these competitions?"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:35 am 
"Oh course. I have a scrutinizing and beautiful Unicorn woman to impress." This time the compliment came out more flirtatious than usual still not to like over the top amounts but he truly was more comfortable and in his element here "besides I try my best at anything I attempt. Though I fear I may be a samurai of all trades master of, well, few I wouldn't say none though i doubt there will be a medicine competition for me to showcase my true skills."

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:05 am 
"And others too, no doubt," she added in calmly, almost friendly even. Just like she had a few in her sights meant that he probably did too.

"Maybe no medical challenges, but you're smart. That will probably be useful."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:54 am 
"Maybe." was all he said to her first comment with a small half smile on his lips and a nod to her second "Yes, my quick mind has helped with some of the challenges though it doesn't entirely make up for the disparity in combat skill. The governor wasn't joking when he said he preferred warriors to priests or courtiers."

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:29 pm 
(I thought I had replied to this!!!)

"I tend to assume that people are being honest when they put bushi-challenges on the bill," she chuckled dryly. "You at least seem fit, and as a shugenja you are a rarity in this miai, but... some people I truly question why they are here."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:43 pm 
"Been evaluating my physique Utaku-san?" he asked with a slightly raised eyebrow and the smallest hin t of mirth in his eyes "but yes I agree there are a few here that make me wonder if their lord sent them to fail or hoped they might met a tragic end in the Asakaze wilderness."

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:22 am 
She smirked a little bit. "I try to consider all traits for any potential match, Kuchiki-san, which also includes good health and good physical condition."

"But, hm, you might be right there. Either that or trying to saddle off a burden to another clan."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:53 am 
"Well I think you will find few more mindful of their health than myself. To have a sharp mind your body must also be well cared for and healthy. You appear quite in shape as well though i suppose thats less of a surprise for a warrior."

To her latter point he shrugger "perhaps, though it will never be known. An interesting speculation."

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:23 pm 
"Of course I am. I would be a poor warrior for my lord if I were not striving to keep myself in top condition." Sure, she could be stronger, but too much muscle-mass wasn't appealing to her when it came to her own body.

"But yes, there is wisdom in honing one's mind and body equally. I should strive to be better on the mind-part myself... but it's a weakness I admit I have and must improve on."

Gesturing to the book. "Shall we get studying perhaps?"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:48 pm 
He nodded "indeed Utaku-san, only way to sharpen the mind is to use it."

Profile Theme
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2