It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 9:20 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: [D7 LM] Knowledge is half the battle
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:32 am 
"oooh, that name's familiar. Was he in on that papre recently about improving NavComm efficiency with heavy water? It seemed a bit dangerous but potentially useful once safety has been worked out."

Carried: Wakizashi, holoslate, communicator,inhalator, sweets, writing materials

Description

"Remember what the Dormouse said" -Jefferson Airplane

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:37 am 
"Yeah, I think so." He nodded happily. "Sometimes he talks about his work at home, but he can't always." He shrugged. "It's his life's work." He leaned in conspiratolly. "He's descended from the creator of Opening the Way, so Navcom research is very important for him."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:00 pm 
"Really?!" Now it's Mumei's turn to be a hair too loud and shush herself. "Oh...oh!" her eyes widen with a realization. "Has he been working on the fighter/Navigator team fighter ships? Because I heard about that and though that there had to be some kind of major Navcom advances to have one small enough for something that needs to be that maneuverable...umm..ahem..." She pauses to compose herself a bit before continuing with a bit less speed.

"I mean, that's really neat, and I'd love to talk to him sometime, though I guess obviously a lot of that is secret.

Carried: Wakizashi, holoslate, communicator,inhalator, sweets, writing materials

Description

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:05 pm 
1Joo smiled. "Ie, I cannot say, but...if you ever come to Unicorn space, let me know. You're invited to dinner." He cleared some space before him, to get a better look of her. "I guess you are interested in navigation then, eh?"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:34 pm 
She laughs, continuing to flip through records she's drilled down to. "Yeah. Training toward Navigator, and...it looks like I might hope to visit Unicorn space in the future. There's an Osprey-trained Shiba here too that might be interested in talking to you...if you're ok with her initial interest being your lineage more than yourself."

"How about you? Are you aiming for Navigator?"

Description

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:31 pm 
Joo smiled. "At a miai? In my lineage? Why, the horror." He let out a laugh. "Growing up, I knew I have to do great things to match my fathers. So far, I haven't." He shrugged. "Just have to work harder."

He smiled gladly. "Oh? Anywhere specific in Unicorn space? Kuwagata welcomes you, and father makes a mean steak. Quite pleasant, really. And the Kuwagata black pudding is to die for." I need to get that recipe from father sometime.

"Me? Well...yes. And no. And maybe. I have a special gift for the Spirit Realms, so I spent some time doing research on that, but with my lineage, Navigation and assorted research is always a possibility. Truthfully, I always feel torn between the ground and the stars, and the soul of my people." He semed abashed. "I prefer to involve myself in the traditional priestly duties when I can, as well."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:52 pm 
She sighs, swiping across the terminal to close down her research. "Nothing here...at least nothing I'm going to find on that trail." That leaves her attention more fully on the young shugenja. "Ought to introduce you to Kitsune-san too. Super enthusiastic, spirit realms background, a little hyper, pretty cute."

With a laugh, she waves as if waving off her own words. "Sorry, I'm not actually a nakodo here. Just...starting a bit late, I figure maybe you want some pointers, neh?"

Description

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:55 pm 
Joo nodded enthusiastically. "Of course, arigatou! I appreciate any help here." He seemed to make some notes. "Kitsune...Izumi? If I heard right?" He seemed satisfied with the information. "Not finding what you're looking for, sadly? That's too bad."

He tapped a few more things into his densai. "Anyone else you might recommend Nakouchi-san?"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:26 pm 
She jabs a thumb over her shoulder toward the 'lobby' of the temple. "We should get out of the way of folks using the consoles. But I mean, what kinds of matches are you aiming for? There's a lot of pretty prestigious samurai here for the miai. Also a lot of really nice ones. A few are even the same people."

Description

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:07 pm 
Nakauchi Mumei wrote:
She jabs a thumb over her shoulder toward the 'lobby' of the temple. "We should get out of the way of folks using the consoles. But I mean, what kinds of matches are you aiming for? There's a lot of pretty prestigious samurai here for the miai. Also a lot of really nice ones. A few are even the same people."

Joo nodded and followed mumei. "Good idea Nakouchi-san. Well...I would prefer shugenja, preferably. Someone who could improve the bloodline, in a way, but also..hm, how to say." He hesitated, then leaned in slightly. "My fathers..are blessed by Benten. They bicker, they fight, they are brilliant, they are ambitious and...I would like a marriage like theirs." He seemed bashful, all of a sudden.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:26 pm 
She shakes her head. "Not a lot of shugenja this go around, sadly. Not what I expected of a Phoenix miai, but there you are. The Kuchiki are both medical and...pleasant." there was a hint of surprise to the last word. "I haven't met Kitsu-sama, just spotted her in passing. And...I think there's a Moshi running around? There's a few Phoenix in the mix who are local, I think."

"But finding Benten's blessing you'll have to assess on your own." She settles near a support pillar that feels out of the way of foot traffic. "Sounds like you're hoping to find someone to brink back to the Unicorn?"

Description

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:51 pm 
Joo raised eyebrows at the comment. "Oh? I didn't actually expect that, to be honest. Kuchiki, eh?" That was surprising. "Perhaps I should meet with them, I guess. A Moshi, eh?" Mantis...interesting. "Well, considering my status, most probably I'd be bringing a spouse, hai. I guess I might marry out in some circumstances, though it is not the likely scenario." He smiled. "What about you, Nakouchi-san? Met anyone in particular that you would be okay marrying?"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:42 pm 
Having no reason to be coy about it, she nods, with a gentle smile. "Among your clan, actually. Shinjo Yul-sama seems a very harmonious match. And I don't think there's a political impediment to it." She supposes she should mention that she didn't find only one person worth marrying in the mix. That would be awfully picky. "There are others who I wouldn't mind, honestly."

Description

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:17 am 
Nakauchi Mumei wrote:
Having no reason to be coy about it, she nods, with a gentle smile. "Among your clan, actually. Shinjo Yul-sama seems a very harmonious match. And I don't think there's a political impediment to it." She supposes she should mention that she didn't find only one person worth marrying in the mix. That would be awfully picky. "There are others who I wouldn't mind, honestly."

Joo perked up? "Oh? That sounds great Nakouchi-san. Well, then may Benten smile upon your future union." He Gave a short bow with his wide smile. "Oh, others? May I ask who would those be?"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:00 am 
She opens her mouth to speak, then closes it with a soft smile and shakes her head. "I'd rather not tempt fate, honestly. I haven't the standing to make the choice myself, so it feels...precarious. Thank you for the kind wishes, and may Benten grant us her blessing." She needed to go make an offering toward that end at some point. "I hope she'll similarly smile upon you and aid your efforts at this miai."

"Friendly shugenja of a good family? You shouldn't have trouble finding interest at least."

Description

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:17 am 
Nakauchi Mumei wrote:
She opens her mouth to speak, then closes it with a soft smile and shakes her head. "I'd rather not tempt fate, honestly. I haven't the standing to make the choice myself, so it feels...precarious. Thank you for the kind wishes, and may Benten grant us her blessing." She needed to go make an offering toward that end at some point. "I hope she'll similarly smile upon you and aid your efforts at this miai."

"Friendly shugenja of a good family? You shouldn't have trouble finding interest at least."

"Understandable. Well, I would welcome some interest, truthfully." He leaned in. "With my late entry, I am not at the highest point of the standings, to put it nicely. Still, I believe I can manage something. Or someone, in this case, I guess." He smiled. "Besides the miai, and the sinister cult, how are you finding Asakaze so far?"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:27 am 
The Osprey's laugh comes easily at that. "Hot, sticky, kind of smelly, and very dangerous...but also filled with some amazing fungal life. And the giant lizards are pretty interesting, even if they're part of the very dangerous bit of the planet."

"Oh! and if you get a chance, definitely try to ride an Otori. They're lovely birds."

Description

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:55 pm 
Nakauchi Mumei wrote:
The Osprey's laugh comes easily at that. "Hot, sticky, kind of smelly, and very dangerous...but also filled with some amazing fungal life. And the giant lizards are pretty interesting, even if they're part of the very dangerous bit of the planet."

"Oh! and if you get a chance, definitely try to ride an Otori. They're lovely birds."

"Oh, I will. I like to ride back at home, so I'm quite curious how the birds feel here. Fungal life, eh? Haven't seen strange fungi yet. Might need to get out more." He smiled in thought.

"What's your favorite discovery so far?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:25 am 
She gives that a minute of consideration. "The Otori, honesty. Much as I enjoy the nightclub, it's not really a discovery, and pretty similar to others all over the place."

Description

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:51 am 
Nakauchi Mumei wrote:
She gives that a minute of consideration. "The Otori, honesty. Much as I enjoy the nightclub, it's not really a discovery, and pretty similar to others all over the place."

Joo nodded. "I don't often go to such places, though maybe I should try the local flavor. Otori do sound quite intriguing, frankly. Have you ridden one?"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2