It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 9:34 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: (D8, LE) A Study in Studying
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:56 pm 
Mumei scratches the back of her neck with a deep breath, blown out hard and puffing her cheeks. "Hate to say it, but politics might be needed most afterward, depending on how much we step in where Phoenix authorities ought to be, and how much trouble everyone's in." She didn't really want anyone dead to stop this, but she knew full well that a radiant shot was a real disincentive to finishing an invocation.

"For the rest? I'm trying to spread word so nobody's taken by surprise if it can't _be_stopped, but I can't talk to everyone."

Carried: Wakizashi, holoslate, communicator,inhalator, sweets, writing materials

Description

"Remember what the Dormouse said" -Jefferson Airplane

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:50 pm 
"I can do that," she said, a little nod. "H-how bad do you think it might get, Nakauchi-san? When I spoke with Kuchiki Tsugiharu-san he didn't seem very certain. Giving me a range that.." she shivered a little at the thought. "Well, from nothing to a major catastrophe," she said, though her tone shifted toward uncertain.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:58 pm 
Mumei nods. "Yeah, that's about right. We could have completely misunderstood the kami and it's all a big joke that some creature from Sakkaku is having. Or it's huge and we should really be piling into escape ships now." She takes a breath. "But, perspective? An earthquake could tear the city apart a minute from now. So I'm going to plan what I can, but...we're samurai. Death is always something one should expect may be right around the next corner and live their life so that it would end well, if so."

Maybe the certainty and calm of that thought is something they teach priests. It's certain that she was not particularly resigned to anyone's death when running from that raptor. Then again, there's a difference between being ready for death and being actively resigned to it.

Carried: Wakizashi, holoslate, communicator,inhalator, sweets, writing materials

Description

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:39 am 
"Mm," she vocalized a bit on the thought. Glancing away toward some of the books she furrowed her brow as she thought on the subject. "Well.. hopefully it's not too bad, yea?" she said, a small laugh to ease tensions but the tension in it was palpable enough.

"Guess-" she pauses, renewing her look to Mumei she smiles brightly. "Got you working on it, yea? Some of the others too? We'll be fine then, I'm certain of it!" she said with that ever bright smile. Nodding her head a little in the confidence she held in that assertion.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:06 pm 
"There's a lot, yeah. I'm...more confident that we'll do it together than in my own research skill, honestly." She looks at Ichika with a tired smile. "Thanks for all your help, Doji-san, it's been good getting to know you a bit these past few days. Like...the days are not entirely filled with planning for the worst, and that's nice."

Description

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:18 pm 
Ichika opened her mouth to say something but closed down on it as she glanced down and to the right. Brushing her foot against the ground a little. Smiling like a goofball as the moment became solid.

Looking back up to Mumei she gave one of her confident little nods, "I'm only trying my best to do what I can, yea?" she gave a little shake to her head. "Thanks, Nakauchi-san," she smiled that goofy little smile again before she brought the back of her hand up again to cover a short laugh.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:53 pm 
"That's all we can do, and succeed or fail by it, at least we know we did all we could." She brushes dust off her sleeves. so much dust here. "C'mon, there's some ancient yellow label tea in the back cupboard of my room that needs to be used up before some other poor soul tries to drink it. We can watch stupid holovid news and drink horrible tea and not worry about this for an hour."

Description

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:20 pm 
All too happily and quickly Ichika stepped up beside Mumei so they could get walking side by side, "I love with that idea!" Laughing a but unrestrained she looked to Mumei and then forward. With a little cheer, "Let's go!"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:46 pm 
She steps up. "Actually forget the holovid, I have the most hilarious recordings of the worst mistakes from Osprey graduation recital rehearsals..."

/exit
/scene?

Description

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:46 pm 
[/scene!]
[Thank you!]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2