It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 8:33 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: (D8 LA) Studying for a Spell
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:31 am 
She wasn't sure if they'd learned anything new that might direct her research, but she was sure there was a direction to take...probably. After purifying herself and entering the giant temple atop an even larger library, she sighs and takes just a moment to feel daunted by the magnitude of things.

Carried: Wakizashi, holoslate, communicator,inhalator, sweets, writing materials

Description

"Remember what the Dormouse said" -Jefferson Airplane

Post subject: Re: (D8 LA) Studying for a Spell
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:45 am 
It wasn't just the minor clanner who was feeling daunted, but so was the great clanner with her. Purifying at the temple was pleasing, even if the chaotic library below was less so.

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Honorless Dog Status 1.0 CP: 3

Gear: Robes, Densai, Fantasy Fight Deck: Jurojin's Journey, sidearm, wakizashi, communicator, Hyper Dance Star Pin (1/8), Shirakawa Nagareboshi (TM) shades

"Illuminate a brighter future for the Spider Clan"

Theme Song

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:34 am 
"OK, so once more into the labyrinth...this place is amazing, but needs another small army to organize it." She looks to her companion. "Have any particular sectors that have seemed useful? I'm tempted to toss some coins and try reading the omens for direction"

Carried: Wakizashi, holoslate, communicator,inhalator, sweets, writing materials

Description

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:46 am 
Tsughiharu shrugged a bit.

"Why not try reading the coins? May as well exhaust every opportunity. It really seems like things are almost organized by strata, where someone just kept bringing in book after book with only really making sure the shelves didn't buckle. I think I've run into about ten copies of 'Three Ronin and a Boat' in ten different locations, so let's see what the coins say." he offered.

Gear: Robes, Densai, Fantasy Fight Deck: Jurojin's Journey, sidearm, wakizashi, communicator, Hyper Dance Star Pin (1/8), Shirakawa Nagareboshi (TM) shades

Theme Song

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:13 pm 
"Well...first, I don't actually own divinitory coins, but I suppose some bu would do. Second, I actually haven't studied that method, or any method of divination to actually interpret it."

She reaches into the inside pocket of the gently worn canvas jacket she's picked up to replace the clawed apart one. Holding one bu in her palm she says. "But I guess I can just flip it? Heads is right, tails is left, and then flip at each row with a head deciding that we'll head down there?"

Description

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:26 pm 
Tsugiharu genuinely laughed at that.

"A brilliant plan except for two minor details, eh?" he said. "Feels somewhat similar to the situation we find ourselves in. We have some knowledge, and it seems like their should be a simple solution, but we're missing just a few crucial bits."

"Hmm, did you ever hear back from your clan?"

Theme Song

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:35 pm 
Nearby there was a Fox in danger of being buried under the number of books he was looking at. Mostly histories and personal journals of early colonists. He didn't seem to notice those around him as he was zeroing in on something from the looks of it.

--
Picture found by Tassu . . . I couldn't resist.

D8 LA Inv/Int Where is/was this damn portal? TN 20: 5d10o10k3 20

Glory 1.3 * Status 4.0 * Honour What is Expected

Carries: Wakizashi, sidearm, spellslates, communicator, densai, medicine pack, kami-pet.
Current Hair Colour: D12
Rainbow

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:14 pm 
The library would be a busy place today it seemed, Satoru had failed to come yesterday as he had planned but figured late was better than never. He was hunkered down in a corner with a pile of books he had found that at least seemed relevant if not exactly what they were looking for.

-------------------------------
D8 LA study looking for information on the shrine of the cultists int/inv vp +1k1 tn 20: 4d10 28

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:53 am 
Kuchiki Tsugiharu wrote:
Tsugiharu genuinely laughed at that.

"A brilliant plan except for two minor details, eh?" he said. "Feels somewhat similar to the situation we find ourselves in. We have some knowledge, and it seems like their should be a simple solution, but we're missing just a few crucial bits."

"Hmm, did you ever hear back from your clan?"

There's a sharp huff of amusement, "I'm still not sure I didn't get their automated message picking up on keywords, honestly. It was like "Asakaze has many natural wonders and the kami are active and nifty, thank you and have a nice visit."

"But yeah we're missing some pieces to both the overall puzzle and the trick to solving it. I'm hoping to find some kind of information on what's up with that 'draining' effect and what might happen to the energy if things are just halted."

_____
D8, LA Library research hunt. Inv/Int: 4d10o10k2 28
Digging into the mystical research section for information on void collection rituals and their consequences.

Description

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:15 am 
Tsugiharu nods, noting the Kitsune and the Kuchiki in the library as well.

"Hmm, we might want to take a moment to take advantage of this fortutious meeting of the minds, Nakauichi-san. Perhaps Kitsune-sama, or Kuchiki-san have new information to share." he suggestd.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:38 am 
Mumei nods. "I definitely expect Kitsune-san's working on the same general topic. Kuchiki-sama too?" She gives Tsugiharu a questioning glance, unsure of how far he's drawn his clanmates into the plot.

"Though all I've learned so far is that rituals to draw upon that connection to the void are something the Phoenix think should never be researched because it would be uncivilized and inhumane. I do agree with the sentiment, but I't nice knowing someone agrees with my opinion about what they're doing up there.

Description

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:02 am 
Izumi was studying a book intently . . . and then scooped up a second and third book before finally loading up a map on his densai and making some quick notes compared to what he had found.

He'd found it.

"Oh crapcakes . . . "

Carries: Wakizashi, sidearm, spellslates, communicator, densai, medicine pack, kami-pet.
Rainbow

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:55 pm 
The single word was exceedingly clear, and Mumei paused near the pile of books with a Fox in the middle. "That didn't sound like good news. ?"

Description

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:08 pm 
"Foundtheportal. It'snotattheTemple. It'smuchcloser."

He waved at the mountain of books and sources he had, or maybe it was at the map on his densai.

Rainbow

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:19 pm 
She ducks in closer to keep that conversation low. "How close?" Sudden images of sect members filtering into the gardens, glowing with UV highlights comes to mind.

Description

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:23 pm 
The map shows a close in on Murkwater Lake, specifically between two cliffs bordering the lake.

"Rightthere. Andit'sSakkaku, notChikushudo. Theythinkitmighthavehadsomethingtodowiththeoriginalcolonyshipcrashlanding."

Rainbow

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:56 pm 
She sighs..."why is everything by the water?"

"I guess that's...well I'm sort of glad it's not an evil bear spirit or something. It sounds like they do their rituals in the evenings, so I'd expect the same of this one."

She tugs out her own notes. "I'm trying to learn more about this Void drain and/or what to do with that backlash, but.." she wobbles her hand, "so far it's mostly 'experimenting with such things is very unethical. Which...duh."

Description

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:59 pm 
Tsugiharu pulled out his own holoslate with the information he'd been able to dig up on the cult.

"Well, just so we're on the same page, Kitsuke-sama, here's the information I was able to unearth about the shrine." he said, offering the holoslate.

"Lots of awfully influential people associated with them for such an ascetic group." he added.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:42 pm 
He looked at both of them after taking in the information they had shared.

"Wehavetobecareful."

He called up a text page on the densai and typed something out quickly.

Sakkaku could mean shapeshifters. Any Phoenix might not be what they seem.

Rainbow

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:09 am 
Mumei's eyes widen..a lot. Because that is just a woooonderful revelation. "oh. OK then."

"mmm, here..." she reaches over to tap her own note. Comm messages? Can't just become someone's communicator, but they're not strictly private either.

Description

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next