It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 7:04 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: (D8 LA) Studying for a Spell
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:39 am 
"Justcommonsense."

He types another note.

I imagine even the Phoenix monitor local comm traffic. Suddenly using military grade encryption would be as a big a tipoff to them as accusing them to their faces.

Glory 1.3 * Status 4.0 * Honour What is Expected

Carries: Wakizashi, sidearm, spellslates, communicator, densai, medicine pack, kami-pet.
Current Hair Colour: D12
Rainbow

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:50 am 
Satoru had ripped himself away from what he was studying when he saw the small group he had listened to the kitsune talk and read his message a small furrow of his brow and his eyes squinting slightly. What were they planning.

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:23 pm 
Tsuigharu nodded.

"It's true, the miai will be over soon, and we'll all have to live with what the Phoenix decide." he said, which was true but he wasn't talking about the miai.

He tapped idly on his own densai.

Ichika hit a dead-end talking to people. Care to place odds on whether the final ritual will be at the shrine or the lake?

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Honorless Dog Status 1.0 CP: 3

Gear: Robes, Densai, Fantasy Fight Deck: Jurojin's Journey, sidearm, wakizashi, communicator, Hyper Dance Star Pin (1/8), Shirakawa Nagareboshi (TM) shades

"Illuminate a brighter future for the Spider Clan"

Theme Song

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:16 pm 
"Notthatthemajorityofuswillbestayinghere. ExcepttheShibatwins."

A different message entirely was on the densai.

I've heard the locals talk of a 'service' in two days and of having 'vivid dreams' in passing today. Thinking this service and the ritual may one and the same.

Carries: Wakizashi, sidearm, spellslates, communicator, densai, medicine pack, kami-pet.
Rainbow

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:43 pm 
Tsugiharu nodded.

"Well, I for one, look forward to the return of some of the little things. Not sweating like I'm running a marathon, being able to discern the smell of mushrooms instead of just processing that as air. You know, little things. What about you Kitsune-sama? Think you'll be adding more orange to your wardrobe?

His own message on his densai read.

Most likely so, but there's a lot of distance between the temple and the lake. Would be really helpful to know if they need the to be at the shrine for the power, or at the lake for their finish.

Gear: Robes, Densai, Fantasy Fight Deck: Jurojin's Journey, sidearm, wakizashi, communicator, Hyper Dance Star Pin (1/8), Shirakawa Nagareboshi (TM) shades

Theme Song

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:51 pm 
Two very serious questions. Both caused the little Fox to frown.

"No I don't think so. Made some connections for the clan, but I think I'll be looking elsewhere."

So serious that his hyperspeed was reduced to something like a normal person. He looked at Mumei for an answer to the other question.

Rainbow

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:14 am 
Mumei looked a touch surprised that the Fox slowed down for that. She nods to Satoru as he approaches, with a glance to Tsugiharu to see if he's filled his fellow Spider in on things.

"Canned air sounds pretty sweet after a week here, I have to admit.

She taps on her communicator to show them, and then erase.

Pretty sure it will be at the lake, not sure if they have preparations at the shrine beforehand that are important. Certainly could be. Sounded like <LE> for the ritual at least. Do we have any more solid idea what might happen to the power built into this if we cut it off at the end?

Carried: Wakizashi, holoslate, communicator,inhalator, sweets, writing materials

Description

"Remember what the Dormouse said" -Jefferson Airplane

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:37 am 
"Ah, have you two met, Kuchiki Satoru?" Tsugiharu said with a nod to the other Spider. "We've had some interesting conversations about life here on the planet."

That, at least, answered that.

He tapped on his densai.

I've not....might prove hard to research. I don't think there's a 'Big Book of ritual fails'. But better to try to light a candle than curse the darkness

Theme Song

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:05 am 
Mumei raises a hand.."Roommate. Also got to wear some of his medkit the other day. Well acquainted." She offers a grin that doesn't touch her eyes, given the other topics.

She types rapidly and intently. So NavComs are made to let one person grab and direct big energies, before that...we just used a lot of people. 4 Isn't a lot..but there's a few more as might help. Question is...are there rituals that could grab that possible backlash energy and direct it with less danger?

Carried: Wakizashi, holoslate, communicator,inhalator, sweets, writing materials

Description

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:22 am 
Tsugiharu's eyes widen a bit.

"Ah, I did not know that." he admits.

He didn't type a response just yet...what the Osprey was proposing was.....big. Almost too big to comprehend.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:08 am 
"Yes Nakauchi-san got a little too familiar with the local wildlife. I simply stitched her up and closed the worst of it. She is a wonderful roommate." He thought intensely at what was being said beforw tapping out his own message.

That is......a bold plan. Messing with the energy could make it worse than if they simply finished it, not to mention dangerous for everyone involved. But there may be no other choice.

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:53 am 
"Peoplehavetostopokingthelocalbiomes. It'sjustgoingtorilethemupevenmore."

On his densai a different message formed.

The fallout of a failed ritual just can't be predicted. It could explode. It could implode. It could vent directly into those making the ritual. It could do nothing. To me anything is better than the Gilded King awakening and the possible Dinopocalypse.

Rainbow

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:50 pm 
Mumei offers a somewhat abashed look. "I mean, I hadn't even touched the water in case it was flesh-meltingly acid or something. The drifter was kind of a neat confirmation that the water was probably not going to kill us. At least until the drifter figured we needed killing anyway."

Yep! first priority stop the thing. Second priority deal with possible side problems that first priority causes.

Description

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:45 pm 
"DrifterseatOtorifromwhatIcanfindout. PerhapstheOtoriroundupremovedtoomuchofit'snaturalpreysoitdecidedyouandYul-sanwouldmakeanicesnack."

Stop it and tidy up after. Agreed. I expect we'll need bushi to lead the charge.

Rainbow

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:23 pm 
She nods in response to both messages. "Yeah, there's some weirdly messed up nature out there. I don't think the rot at the river is its normal state."

For sure. I know I have a lot of trouble completing an invocation when tackled. I'm worried that we're looking at more force than 'tackled' though.

Description

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:31 pm 
"Itcyclesattheriver. Wemayjustbeunfortunateandhavecaughtitatthewrongtime . . . butIdon'tbelieveincoincidences."

Will the twins help against their own clan? Or do we need to call in others?

Rainbow

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:37 pm 
"Regardless I'm sure Nakauchi-san has learned her lesson and won't be going for many lake side picnics anytime soon." he said adjusting his glasses while his other tapped on his densai

I am sure the Spider will be willing to lend a hand if needed

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:37 am 
"Does joining a Moshi communing by the river count? We had rifle backup though."

Yeah, they seem pretty keen on stopping this. Their home and family and all stand to be in the way of all this.

She pauses a moment, looks at Satoru with oddly pained eyes before looking to her communicator with a frown, erasing and typing again. She swallows, hesitates, then hold the screen up again, this time only for Satoru

Thank you. I owe you an apology. Have not always thought well of your Clan. But..felt grateful to hear you're supportive. Willing to welcome when that strength is needed...and that's desperately unfair.

Description

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:17 am 
Satoru just nods

That is the way we work in the empire. It is our lot in life.

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:12 am 
Of course their duty is decreed by the Emperor, which puts it beyond critique, but...

Won't argue duty. But mine didn't require such a judgement.

"I've developed a sad respect for this world's waters, anyway."

Typed and presented to everyone.

Will likely need more than just that pair, but we've got a day to straighten that out

Description

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next