It is currently Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:31 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: (D1, LA, Crane Only) A Flock
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:19 pm 
Daidoji Shizuku wrote:
Shizuku blinked a little and bowed to the newcomer from her family. "Pleased to meet you, cousin. I was surprised to hear so many of our family were being sent here," she noted. Her eyes cast about for something but, apparently not finding it, settled on taking a piece of the appetizer and nibbling on it a bit to keep her attention steady.

"Yes, it is unusual indeed. I'm sure the clan has reasons for it." Kamui takes a sip of his sake. "Hum, two Iron Warriors from the same family too. Oh well." He looks around the room enjoying the surroundings and getting to meet all the Crane here.

Theme | Profile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:42 am 
It seemed the Asahina was not a stranger to multiple conversations as she slipped into the Daidoji's side talk. "It is hardly a surprise dears. The Crane learned early on that Asako-sama favored those of a more martial bent, so that is what we sent. Even my own choosing was because of my training."

Her eyes flicked back to Ichika. "You are a bit of the odd one out Ichika-san. Hm... would it help if I have you a practice date? I could even let you borrow one of my dresses if you wished. I could give you tips, and I suppose you are quite adorable enough to be seen out with."

Theme (Dance Club Rave)
More Musical Inspiration
Profile (plus info for corporate ties)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:45 am 
"A.. practice date?" Ichika seemed to ask as she looked to Fusako and caught up with what she meant. "I mean.. I think I can handle myself, but if you feel it would be best. I would very much like to try my best, learn anything I might need to know!" she said, with a touch of boosted confidence!

Last edited by Doji Ichika on Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:15 am 
Daidoji Shizuku wrote:
Shizuku's reply was quiet, but her expression became more cheerful. "I have. At least I won't lose sleep for not being used to it," she replied with a shrug, amused. Then she looked curious. "I hope you've managed to settle in as well?"

"I have mostly, unfortunately my roommates arrived on a lateh shuttle and were asleep when I woke up for morning exercises." Ishiyo sipped some tea and smiled, "Fortunately Inu-tai was able to coveh fo-eh me."

"The sports complex is a bit rundown, I think it has seen little use. But the equipment is still usable, I took a swim this morning to limbeh up."

She smiled at the talk of a practice date, "Should not we be concerned with mainly finding matches that benefit the clan? How hard could this whole thing really be?"

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:37 am 
She nodded at Shizuku's comment about matches. "Mm, yes. We do have some young alliances. We may want to strengthen those. That was my thought today, anyway."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:12 am 
He looks toward Ishiyo. "Yes, I'm willing to hear this. I do wish to strengthen the alliances as well."

Theme | Profile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:02 am 
Ishiyo nods in agreement with her cousins, it seems that the defenders of the Crane remained its most pragmatic members. "Precisely, but we should probably not leave the possibility of new ties off the table."

Her eyes shifted to the senior Crane and the Doji.

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:09 am 
Giving a slight nod, Fusako glanced around. The conversation seemed to have broadened once more. "But of course minna_san. We are, after all, Crane, hm? I doubt that there are any matches we couldn't spin favorably in truth. After all, diplomacy never ends, be it with friend or foe. Ichika-san has a meeting with a Unicorn, and I've met a few Spider and Crab already. Keep an open mind, and seek out those who would best compliment your role, or you theirs. "

Fusako smirked faintly. "My offer is to any that are uncertain about social interaction, not merely An interest in Ichika's affairs. I wish to see you all make good, profitable matches, for yourselves as well as the Crane."

Theme (Dance Club Rave)
More Musical Inspiration

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:17 am 
"I agree in general," she said, tilting her head to the side. "But politics is a pretty paranoid business, front what I understand. I think as long as we spread things out if we make any decisions outside of what the Clan's currently building, we should be fine. If we bunch up, there may be more of an implication than just compatibility."

"Thank you, Asahina-sama. It's a very generous offer, and I may take you up on it if it comes up."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:34 am 
"Thank you for the offer, Asahina-sama," Ishiyo dipped her head, "I had the chance to meet some of the guests on the ride down. And a couple more this morning." She sipped her tea, "But much of my time prioh to this meeting was spent navigating the local bureaucracy."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:37 am 
"The local bureaucracy?" She echoed curiously.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:41 am 
"A personal matteh, cousin," Ishiyo glanced at Shizuku, but added nothing further.

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:57 am 
"As I understand," she piped up on the broader conversation. "Most of you are trained as Bushi first, yes? Well, then you can be certain if you find yourself with a need for the arts of a traditionally trained Doji courtier you may rely upon me," she said, a dip of her head to the group at large.

"Whether it is through speaking on our behalf, or coaching someone through an interaction," she glanced around, felt the little panic, "well, if any of you feel you need it of course, I can help!"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:19 am 
Kamui looks out at nothing far ago. "I'm had a 'few' lessons in etiquette burned into me a few years ago. Having the ego and temperament I had... It was a huge fall. That's why I'm so formal around new people at first." Kamui takes a long sip of sake.

Theme | Profile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:21 am 
"I'm gladdened to see a touch of confidence Ichika-san," Fusako said with a small nod of approval before looking around once more. "Perhaps you could all share what sort of partner would best fit your needs and, to a lesser extent, desires. If we all knew what each other was in search of, we could perhaps better assist each other as we navigate the miai, no? That would go a long way toward making those of us with the least confidence and directness on equal footing."

Theme (Dance Club Rave)
More Musical Inspiration

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:45 am 
Ishiyo raised her brows at that, "I'm really just here on assignment...so I suppose someone I can tolerate and would benefit my family and clan." She gives a small shrug, then adds, "And someone that would not prevent me from returning to the stahs."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:54 am 
"I'm basically in the same boat. As long as I can keep programming, I can get along well with most people," she replied. "So benefiting the Clan is my main concern. It's a nice bonus if we share interests, but not a requirement by any means."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:09 am 
"Compatibility in your relationship can actually boost your ability in serving the Clan," she added, as if on a quick note. "I am certain that all of you can find a match that will benefit the Clan and your service," she said, sounding a touch more sheepish as she continued to speak and look around at the faces most certainly looking her way, "so then why not set your goals a little higher, yea? Aiming for someone you can also get along with shouldn't be.. too much more.. yea?" she seemed to cut herself off, looking down or perhaps dipping her head.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:29 am 
Fusako's tone was quite managerial, sure and clear in a corporate sort of way. "No, keep your head up Ichika-san, you are completely right. We all on assignment, we all wish to benefit the clan over ourselves, we all wish to be able to do what we were trained to do, be that flying, programming, designing, or what have you."

She paused. "I suppose I could set an example of what I mean. While I would not complain to have any man or woman that would allow me to keep designing as long as they benefited the clan in some way, it would be best if I found someone that also shared my artistic passions. I would also thrive with a partner that could do numbers. My talents lie in both fields, and someone that could support one or both would greatly increase the value I have to the clan. At the same time, if I were to marry out, it would be a key gain to that clan, and would help improve their opinion of the Crane."

"I would prefer a non-smoker, as such scents tend to cling to clothes. I do not mind a man or a woman, but someone that can apply themselves and go forward with little hesitation would suit my style best." Fusako trailed off, sipping at her tea. "See? Not selfish in the least, but letting you all know what would benefit me, and thus the clan, the most."

Theme (Dance Club Rave)
More Musical Inspiration

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:46 am 
"Well, I guess I'm next... While I want help further the clan, I'm not interested in a loveless marriage. But, after the military career, I may go into a career that does only slightly better odds of surviving. I only a connection." Kamui looks down to the floor. "I enjoy dueling, sniper rifles and the women who know to use them. And I have a new found appreciation of driving."

Theme | Profile
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next