It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 3:03 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: [D9, EN: Cabinet] Are You Going to Finish That? (Private
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:11 pm 
"Sure, lots of people say a lot of things. I'm curious why you say what you say, that's all", he shrugged and ate some more honey nuts. "I'm not here to judge, I'm just trying to get to know you better."

, Status: 4, Glory: 1

Carries: Sidearm, wakizashi, Densai, uniform/leisure or traditional clothes, cigs, fan.
Armor, Daisho, Rifle for battle.
Description

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:21 pm 
"O-oh.. isn't it a bit.." she furrowed her brow, shaking her head a little. "I don't have a why so much, Daigotsu-sama. Is it not something that's just natural? Duty is important but Benten speaks so profoundly of love, yea? We may have to make our sacrifices but a life without even a passing blessing from Benten would be a little sad, wouldn't it?"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:38 pm 
Well I know I'd be sad if she started frowning at me right now, but well...I don't think my wishes come into it", he said and sipped some tea, smiling at her. "I mean, I have some authority to do certain things, but I think that Benten has her own ideas about who gets a chance, and how they get it. She's not lady Doji, despite her being seen as quite proper."

He waved it off though. "I like this kind of discussion, but I think we're dwelling a bit, if I'm right you're saying that people should get a chance because it's your hope that people should have opportunity, even if it's only for something personal, yes?"

Carries: Sidearm, wakizashi, Densai, uniform/leisure or traditional clothes, cigs, fan.
Description

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:18 am 
Ichika looked to him, puzzled and with a furrowed brow for the most of it. Yet, a little nod, "Kinda? No.. I'm not certain what you mean, Daigotsu-sama, to be honest.." she glanced a little down as she collected up a thought.

"Just that I think everyone deserves a chance to be happy. If they can experience love all the better.. yea? Even if it's only for a little while," she said.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:25 am 
He nodded. "I accept that answer." Then he smiled. "So, I've ordered the sushi before you got here, should be showing up soon, so I'm glad you said you haven't had any you didn't like. Was there anything else you wanted to ask?"

Description

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:03 am 
"I don't recall.. truthfully," she shook her head. "Maybe it'll come back to me after we eat, yea?" she said, a soft-if-muted smile. Laying one of her hands over the chopsticks as she prepared for getting to the food.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:59 pm 
"Well, I know I've asked you about where you from before", he started and pressed the button for service again. "And as this is a miai, and it's possible you and I might get married, I think I should tell you a bit about where I'm from." He let her get some food before continuing.

"I'm from a planet called Kobushi, it's an old world the Spider took near the beginning of the expansion, and the Otomo family allowed the clan to keep it. It took a lot of work and several centuries, but the planet has mostly recovered from that time. There's clean air, forests, animals, clear water, the ocean is even pretty nice to see. I come from a place called the The Empty, it's a large wetland with a few herds of ox like animals and their accompanying predators, but they don't make a fuss. Shadowless Village sits in the north where the river flows into the wetlands for the majority of the year and we farm rice and some grains there. It's actually a pretty big operation, though because of technology it doesn't require thousands of people, just about a hundred or so heimin and their families, a few hinin as well to take care of other things. The weather is a little hot for most people, but because of the planet's orbit, we have a very long winter every five years and we spend most of that time on vacation. The Norikuma family are the ji-samurai who serve the area, under my father before and now me. They protected the land and make certain the herds and paddy gators are kept in check. The village is a bit small, but it's the land it's on that produces the food, which is much more important. So I'm always grateful for old man Norikuma Sato and his boys doing a good job."

Description

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:48 am 
Ichika had begun eating, as he waited for. A proper manner to it worked tirelessly into her from a young age she was the picture of table-manners. Thus, when he returned to speaking she finished the bite and once more set the chopsticks down so that she could listen to him fully.

"Sounds like a nice enough place, Daigotsu-sama," she said, a small smile as she dipped her head. "Not-" she paused, shook her head. "Hardly different than many places in the Empire now, yea? Must have taken some time.." she said, pausing thinking. "Well, with a name like that, yea? Not so empty anymore."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:23 am 
He looked sideways. "Well...it was a crater." he smiled again and picked up his chopsticks. "You must be hungry, let's eat."

And suddenly
three wooden plates were brought in by servants, along with miso and curry rice. Shokomaru looked a little helpless as it all came out.

"Maybe the people at the temple are hungry too...", he said aloud as the servants retreated.

Description

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:41 am 
"Well.. let's see how much we manage ourselves first, hmm?" she suggested with a little light upturn to her vocalization. With a little nod she looked at the food. "And.." she started, laying her hands over the chopsticks. "Before we begin, Daigotsu-sama.. it's not quite proper to speak as we eat, hmm? At least.. not when I grew up, with my parents, so.." she dipped her head. "I'm sorry if I try to keep to that."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:16 am 
"...?" he shook his head. "I can do you at least that courtesy", he seemed a bit sheepish suddenly. "Eating in chow halls got me used to either eating incredibly fast or talking while I eat, soldiers sometimes forget their manners." he bowed slightly, then he smiled more gently and picked up a plate to serve her some sushi.

When he was done he sat quietly. He tried not to look like he was humoring her. If she was willing to say it out loud he should take it seriously. So he lowered his head slightly and, took in a breath and then picked up his chopsticks for eating and tried to chew slowly.

Description

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:25 am 
Ichika followed along with her steps in the exchange. Smiling a little as she watched him. When he picked up his chopsticks she laughed a little, "You don't have to act so stiffly Daigotsu-sama," she said, chuckling again. "Just uh.. we'll save more conversation till after eating, yea?" she said, raising a brow as she smiled.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:59 am 
A million little things went through his head right then. He could scream, he could demand to know what he did to her to be so assaulted by Crane politeness, maybe he could take cover and call for an artillery strike.

Does he eat or talk? When she talks, does he stop eating? If he answers, does she have to put her chopsticks down again? HOW DO THE CRANE FINISH A MEAL LIKE THIS?

Shokomaru let out a long breath. He was being obtuse.

"Of course", he agreed with an assuring nod. "I'm not going anywhere. Enjoy the food. A lot of work was put into it."

And he went back to doing just that, practicing a little elegance so he wouldn't fill the room with the sound of his lips smacking.

Description

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:03 pm 
With a little smile she dipped her head a bit, then turned her attention toward the meal. For the remainder of which she conducted herself in a manner that was quite alike what one might expect of a Crane, certainly a Doji.

Afterwards, Ichika set her chopsticks down. With a pleasant little sigh, a full stomach makes happy samurai.
Dipping her head, "Thank you, Daigotsu-sama," she said, a touch of a smile.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:18 pm 
He put his chopstick down and wiped his mouth again. he was probably done before her but kept tasting things so she wouldn't feel like she had to hurry up.

When she thanked him, even though he knew better, he couldn't help but feel a little proud of himself...for literally no reason.

"Happy to help", he said. "But I didn't do much aside hold things up." He might stick his tongue out at her, but managed not to. He wanted to.

Description

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:07 pm 
"Well, we only had the meal cause you invited me out, yea?" she said with a cheeky little smile. Furrowing her brow a little she looked to him, then.. "You know.. Daigotsu-sama," she hesitated a little. "We speak a lot about things that could be, yea? What happens if we're to get married and everything, you've been sweet to me and show you care but.."

"You do care for someone else, yea? Would- would you like to talk about it?"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:33 pm 
"Well, I care about a lot of people, I guess", he looked thoughtful and watched the ceiling for a moment. "Sure, there's romance, but...there are some things you just can't, no matter how you feel about it, but...well, that doesn't change anything about my intentions, right now, or what might come of them in the future."

He tapped the table a bit, he wanted to understand it better himself so he was giving it some serious thought.

"What I said before I meant, you know. That person I met is special, and it's something I'll never forget, but we're living for this moment, here on Asakaze. We're both unmarried, both away from home, and both a bit reckless." he chuckled, shaking his head at a memory. "The feelings are real, and I'll never take them back, but that's only now, and it can't be later. I'm grateful for what's happened here, but you know, Doji-san...I'm equally as grateful to be sitting here with you in this moment. And it's also something I'll never forget or give up. I'm not going to lie or pretend it's only one thing though, I know what I've done, I expect there will be some kind of consequence, if only in my heart, one day."

He fiddled with his hands a little and cleared his throat.

"But if we do get married, I expect it'll be a journey. Not an unpleasant one, not one without troubles either, but I think...I would very much like to see who we could be if we were together."

Description

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:54 pm 
"I-" she paused, glanced around the room and smiled. "Kinda funny, isn't it? All the private places we've shared and it's in this one that I think I'm.." she shook her head. Looking to him with a soft smile.

"Daigotsu-sama.. I love someone too, but I know it would never work out. Not just because of the political situation but he's fallen in love with someone else, yea? So I understand how you feel in a bit of a way with this woman but.." she shook her head. "I don't think not admitting it here is helping us any, right? All this time I've been so confused about where we stand because some of your actions conveyed something.. else, while you seemed aggressive? You moved so quickly to finding affection for me and I wasn't prepared, I didn't feel the same and I couldn't manage to correct it."

"Knowing this.. helps me understand a little more, I think? If we marry we may not be the perfect couple, but I am willing to find a way to make it work if you are, yea?" she said, raising her brow a little as she tilted her head with that little smile.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:04 pm 
The Chuui smiled and nodded to her comments. "No couple is perfect, anyway. And besides, we're both...well...very young." he seemed to admit that a little uncomfortably, but he did just the same. "Something I noticed about my parents was well...they always seemed to get along, but it turned out they were able to because they barely knew each other, even after twenty three years of marriage. When I was granted gempukku, my father immediately retired from active service and he and my mother have spent a lot of time together. It was obvious they were finally seeing each other beyond the superficial for the first time, or at least the first in a very long time."

He shrugged and looked down.

"It's sweet to watch it happen, but I didn't want to live like that. So if I've been aggressive, it's because I want to know the person I'll be with, and share things with them, and not wait a lifetime to feel it's finally proper to."

Description

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:24 am 
"Afraid you'll never get to know your spouse?" she shook her head a little. Regarding him for a moment she asked, "How did it turn out for you, Daigotsu-sama?"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next