It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 5:31 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Post Con Dinner [EN D9]
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:02 pm 
Mal-Chin turned in his voucher to secure a private dinner at Snow-Moon-Flower.

It would be a chance to talk to Chiruha after she'd accomplished her hopes, and maybe a chance to be brave.

Equipment: Sensible Clothing w/pockets, Wakizashi, Densai, Communicator Holorecorder, Revitalizer, personal seal
"Way down deep, you ain't hiding the truth"

Post subject: Re: Post Con Dinner [EN D9]
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:57 am 
After the con, the Bring-Fan-Con-to-Asakaze committed celebrated their successful campaign with some sweet baked creations from Serenity Bakery and some equally sweet drinks. It was perhaps enough to spoil her dinner but she was sure to not go overboard when she had dinner with Mal-Chin later tonight.

Chiruha showed up without her Fan Con t-shirt, having changed into something that was at least business casual in a blouse and slacks. She would be led easily enough to the booth that Mal-Chin had booked for them.

"Hey, good evening, Mal-Chin-san!" she smiled broadly, "Thank you for sharing your voucher with me! It almost feels like it's been forever since I've stepped foot here!"

Run by GM Boogiepop / Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:44 am 
"Very welcome! I thought, well, it's possible that it'll be the last chance for either of us to enjoy this place." He thinks back. "I don't know if I've ever been in their private room here. Waited outside once or twice."

He'd cleaned up after Fan-Con, similarly dressed in business casual.

"Fan-Con went well I think! I had to take my Creature from Planet IX off; some of the kids who came weren't prepared for something scary."

Equipment: Sensible Clothing w/pockets, Wakizashi, Densai, Communicator Holorecorder, Revitalizer, personal seal

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:43 am 
Chiruha couldn't help but look unsure about that. "Oh, come on, Mal-Chin-san. I wouldn't say the last chance...it's not like they ship us out the moment we get married. At the very least, my father will probably hold a fancy dinner for the locals who got engaged at the miai. At least, two."

She sat herself down across from Mal-Chin and she smiled broadly, "It was! The committee was pretty happy about it and we're hoping we could do it away! It was so much work but worth it, I'd say! We could do a lot when all of the different clubs work together. The costume was pretty neat! Hm...the leg work wasn't so great, it seems. They didn't really help much at the Robotics Club, did they?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:57 am 
"I think you really need a partner for it, to steer you in the right direction...and a bit more arm strength. Using stilts for your arms and legs is pretty tiring." He leans forward a little and mimes the walk.

He does acquiesce that he's likely wrong. "I suppose yeah, we'll have other chances. It just seems so potentially final, this whole miai."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:02 pm 
Chiruha sighed, "It's unfortunate it didn't turn out perfectly. I'm sure if you throw some renga at one of the stowaways at the Robotics Club, they might have been willing to follow you all day just to help you. Then again...they might have run off their own too."

"Okay, maybe, potential but unlikely final meal here!" she flashed a grin at Mal-Chin as they were presented with red house tea and given their menus. "What's good around here again? I remember Bean Stalk said the handmade noodles here were good!"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:31 pm 
"I'll need to remember that, renga is a suitable encouragement."

He folds out the menu, grinning back. "Handmade noodles sound excellent. I've heard that one of the chefs here specialize in an Inaniwa Udon and has a variety of dipping sauces to go with the noodles. Or there's the kiritanpoi, if you're looking for a roasted dumpling."

A glance at the menu again. "The Wanko soba always seems wasteful to me, as novel the idea of 40 bowls of soba is."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:19 am 
Chiruha found herself placing a hand on her stomach at the mention of food with a guilty smile. "Those all sound delicious actually but I think the committee really encouraged me to take a share of cake. I think we bought a lot for the end-party! Maybe you should have dropped by the committee room, I thin you could have snuck out with 3 baos. I still wish we could order everything...but this food isn't as good if I took it back home. Maybe I'll just go for the kiritanpo dumplings! I've never had those yet."

She turned to give an enthused nod to a waiter standing just outside their door to show that one of them was ready at least.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:15 am 
"I'll go with the Udon I think; it sounds like a good way to try a variety of flavors and should be easily shareable if you end up wanting a taste." He's happy with the tea she'd picked out so doesn't voice an opinion that way.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:10 am 
"We'll see..." she smirked and after a pause, she added, "Maybe."

With their orders given, the server would leave them to talk in peace. Chiruha help herself to some tea and pour some for Mal-Chin as well. "So! How have things been since last we spoke...well, really spoke, I mean! How have you been?" she looked eagerly at her friend.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:09 am 
"I completed a new song! With lyrics even." He bounces a little, becoming animated. "Honoring the colony here, I named it Persistence. I pulled sounds from the space station, from the forest and Otori pens. From the arcade and the Robot Club's works. The radio station didn't want to play it, but I'm hoping tomorrow to make another effort."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:28 am 
"Oh, that's right, it had been one of your projects recently! I guess they have been pretty busy with my father's staff managing it very tightly, especially with all of the guests here, they are careful about what gets released. Not that there would be anything harmful but...impressions are important. It also doesn't help that there's a good amount of sponsors crammed in. Crab beers have been heard a lot lately, that's a bit annoying," she gave a shake of her head.

"What was their issue with your song?"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:35 am 
"Just that they had their hands full of aspiring artists already." A quick nod. "Yeah, that's a lot of sponsors from the Crab...although if the clan's allying with them, I suppose it's the cost to pay. The Yasuki know how to do advertising, from what I know."

He wafts some of the scent of the tea to himself, to enjoy the moment. "What about you now? Both the Robotics Club and now Fan-Con are behind you."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:42 pm 
Chiruha showed the expression of what looked like a shocked blink, "Oh, Kami, it seems so strange that both of those things are done finally! Especially, when it seemed like a speeding train ride all month. I suppose I should probably focus back on the miai itself and perhaps some of my work. It's not like I wasn't focusing on the miai but I had so many things floating at the same time. Now there are only slightly fewer things to juggle."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:20 pm 
He laughs a little. "That was a bit like someone jumped in front of an otori."

A small shake of his head, "Have you got any hopes on who you want available, should you get to pick?"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:41 am 
"Mm, well..." she murmured at first, feeling a bit anxious at the question. Admittedly, she had avoided it so long with her duties that she didn't have to think too much about it. However, this was why this miai was held. "I mean I know of a few people I might consider, if I get the choice. Thanfully, I've still been able to meet people around here. Did you...want to know the names?"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:27 pm 
He shrugs a little, "Only if you feel comfortable giving them voice. I mostly wanted to see if my friend is okay with where everything is going."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:48 am 
Chiruha blushed faintly and nodded, "I do feel comfortable with you, yes. I'm just a bit surprised that you would ask. I have been spending some time with Yasuki Nishida-sama recently, I admit. He's been interested in keeping in touch with me and joined the Robotics Rally on my recommendation. He took first place too! That's pretty amazing. I guess I've had meetings with Ujina Jin-sama, Hotaru Koseki-san and Kitsune Izumi too."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:25 am 
"I've met a few. Not sure if I've ever met someone with as much energy as Kitsune-sama. I did get to have a small conversation with Yasuki-sama, he seems a pleasant sort. I don't think I've spoken with the others." He smiles a bit. "That's good though, you've got a group of people who you might choose, or who might choose you, yeah?"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:46 am 
"At this point, it seems that my power to choose might be entirely out of my hands, Mal-Chin-san. It does seem like there is a lot of talented samurai here who are placing events, and there is some variety to be seen. I would imagine that would make many of them good choices and I have yet to encounter anyone I might have questionable opinions about."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next