It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 3:18 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: [D11, LA, closed, cabinet] A rally of Lions
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:07 am 
[Paid 1 koku for cabinet cover fee.]

Akodo Akihiko's return to the Snow-Moon-Flower's upstairs, private room stirs a mix of feelings from his meetings there in previous days. But he pushes those thoughts aside for now, making sure that some food and drinks will be ready for his clanmates. Although he's thankful to again drink the superior tea of the restaurant, he also makes sure a bottle each of shochu and sake are included. Almost out of time, and I never even learned what drinks they like Akihiko realizes. It's another pang of the feelings he's trying so hard to avoid, but he pushes through this too. We still have business to attend to.

The Lion officer is on his feet as the remaining Lions each arrive, and he makes sure they have their choice of drink in hand.

Post subject: Re: [D11, LA, closed, cabinet] A rally of Lions
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:43 am 
Akodo Akihiko wrote:
[Paid 1 koku for cabinet cover fee.]

Akodo Akihiko's return to the Snow-Moon-Flower's upstairs, private room stirs a mix of feelings from his meetings there in previous days. But he pushes those thoughts aside for now, making sure that some food and drinks will be ready for his clanmates. Although he's thankful to again drink the superior tea of the restaurant, he also makes sure a bottle each of shochu and sake are included. Almost out of time, and I never even learned what drinks they like Akihiko realizes. It's another pang of the feelings he's trying so hard to avoid, but he pushes through this too. We still have business to attend to.

The Lion officer is on his feet as the remaining Lions each arrive, and he makes sure they have their choice of drink in hand.

Shoan claps politely outside the room before entering and bowing respectfully to Akihiko. For some reason she is wearing a very formal dress. If drinks are on offer the Murame takes a strong tea and other than a warm "I understand you have another victory under your obi Akodo-sama" seems content to wait until everyone is gathered.

Profile art credit: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/k4nea2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:07 am 
Nozomi took her seat among them after giving a courteous bow. She pushed up her glasses and seemed to be waiting for the entire party to arrive.

Glancing at the alcohol, she simply shook her head.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:04 pm 
When Hide arrived, it was obvious at the very least she was feeling confident. The way she strode over to the group, giving a quick bow, and then taking her seat had this swagger about it. “Afternoon, cousins!”

“I see we are all alive and well. So mission accomplished all around?”

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

Artist (NSFW stuff in the gallery)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:34 pm 
Nozomi perked a brow at the Matsu. Then, she smiled faintly and dipped her head. "The proceedings we last spoke of have gone well. But we do have other matters to discuss."

She glanced at the drinks. "I've been trying to ascertain who dared besmirch our honor. According to the rumors, the supposed culprit had embarrassed the clan at this very establishment."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:37 pm 
“Huh?” Hide looked a bit confused. “Who did what now? I’ve been busy getting ready for the festivities tonight, so I might be a little in knowledgeable about what people have been saying.”

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:53 pm 
Shoan looks a little perturbed.
"Doubtless some local samurai jealous of our accomplishments. Will the other clans sat and waited, we acted. It is only natural they would gossip after that."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:04 pm 
Annoyance crossed Hide’s face as she leaned forward, her mood suddenly soured by this bit of news. “I wish we could just enjoy our victories without someone being sore about it. We have done great things without being expected to!”

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:04 am 
"Oh? I heard nothing about victories, unless you consider a party to be one." Nozomi shook her head. "What are we, the Crab?"

She shot a look to Hide. "You would know better than me. Have the Crab denounced that filthy individual who would continually sully herself with a Spider? Or is this acceptable behavior to their contingent?"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:13 am 
“Why would I know that?” Hide rose a brow at the Kitsu’s insinuations. Maybe a hint of annoyance directed towards her? “All I know is that the Crab have been very supportive of my match with their own Kuni Eriko. Who was most assuredly not touching any Spider.”

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:04 am 
Akihiko sits quietly, recalling a similarly fast-moving conversation among his kin in their first meeting. He smiles at the memory, even when he thinks of Matsu Chiyoko and feels a familiar pang from losing her.

"Dear cousins," Akihiko says warmly, "I don't have words to describe my joy at seeing us all together again. Can I suggest a drink to our honored comrade, Matsu Chiyoko? Surely her spirit, the strength of her honor, was with us all yesterday." He raises his glass, apparently filled from the sake bottle.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:05 am 
"I second Akodo-sama. Let us at least finish our reports before we....allow discussion to continue."
Shoan raises her own glass filled with ice-tead.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:35 am 
Nozomi glanced at Akihiko and then nodded. "Fine. And then we will return to business."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:50 am 
Hide calmed herself down and nodded in agreement with Akihiko. “Ah, yes. This is satisfactory, Akodo-sama. Let us have a drink.”

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:23 am 
"As I said," Akihiko says emphatically, "To our honored comrade, Matsu Chiyoko. Surely her spirit, the strength of her honor, was with us all yesterday." He raises his glass again.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:39 am 
Akodo Akihiko wrote:
"As I said," Akihiko says emphatically, "To our honored comrade, Matsu Chiyoko. Surely her spirit, the strength of her honor, was with us all yesterday." He raises his glass again.

Nodding solemnly"To Matsu Chiyoko, long may her memory be honoured."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:06 am 
Nozomi nodded and raised her cup too. "May she smile knowing what we have done for her and for the honor of the clan."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:56 pm 
Hide raised her glass up to match the others. “May our cousin rest well, after lending us all her strength and courage.”

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:05 pm 
Akihiko's glass rises with each contribution to the toast, and then he drinks deeply in Chiyoko's honor.

"Thank you all. Perhaps next we might speak of the miai? Our last meeting, when I hoped to discuss developments, was... interrupted, unfortunately." He smiles a but at his own understatement.

"On the eve of the choosing, how are you all feeling about your choices, your options, your positions?"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:12 pm 
Nozomi crossed her arms. "Yes, that is what I was getting at." She closed her eyes and sighed. "But I am glad that you reminded us of why we are here. Honoring our comrade is our top priority."

The priestess then shook her head. "Anyways, unless I am out of the loop, the Crab do not care that one of their own is engaging in inappropriate behavior. Unless their lords truly don't care about both of them marrying an enemy, it shows a callous disregard for any propriety down the line."

She took off her glasses. "I would fully expect any of you to publicly disown me if I engaged in such actions. To not do so would show a lapse in judgment. That is why I am wondering what the Kuni's opinions are. If she were, perhaps, a swan among ducks then I have no issues with her."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next