It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 2:26 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 

Post subject: [D11 LA] Pre-dinner drinks (Expecting)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:30 pm 
People tended to forget Akemi was rich in this sea of even richer people.

So, to show it off a bit, she had invited the Firefly to this classy place instead of their usual shady hangout.

Okay, maybe she did so because her contact at the Drunk’n Crab had warned her the place was full of Mantis at the moment and she would like very much to avoid a fight a few hours before the festival.

And she also just booked a table in the main room, not one of the fancy private ones.

But. Still. Clean table. Clean tablecloth. Nice cups. High-end alcohol.

And an excepting Akemi, wearing her usual suit and waiting.

Carries, when angry: Tetsubo, Heavy Armor

Post subject: Re: [D11 LA] Pre-dinner drinks (Expecting)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:45 am 
This was Koseki's third trip to the fanciest restaurant in the Shiro. He kept coming here to meet Crab, which seemed fitting. They were as close as Minor and Great Clans got.

Wearing one of his two smartest outfits the Firefly arrived on time, appreciating the cooler interior of the restaurant. He spotted Akemi and let the greeter take him to the table.

"Classy spot Akemi-san." He bowed politely with a smile. "It's good to see you, and thanks for the invite. Hard to believe the miai is almost over. Feels like we've been here a month."

Equipment: Sturdy clothes, densai, Sidearm, Daisho, lighter, smokes.
Where appropriate: Light armour, rifle

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:56 am 
"Indeed. Probably because it was damn intense. Us military rarely partake in two battles in one month in peace time... And we went through two within the span of one week here. And even outside that, each day had its own quirk to keep us from falling back into routine."

She smiled:

"I will leave with far better dancing skills than I came with for instance. Even if I'm not sure that was what the Phoenix expected for me to learn here."

Tilting her head:

"How was your own experience outside of our shared Eriko moments?"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:40 pm 
He nodded seriously at her comments about the military life. He'd only fought pirates, the Firefly didn't have a need for engaging in warfare.

Then the talk of dancing made him chuckle. "Oh yeah? Did Mumei-san give you some lessons by any chance? She's pretty amazing. You know, I'm sure our hosts would be pleased a Crab learned to dance at their miai."

Taking a moment to consider his reply Koseki thought back to all the highs and lows. "Great actually. I showed our hosts the Firefly can make great yojimbos. I got to rock out and jam with a genuine Moto Death Metal artist. I've learned so much about planetary biology and wildlife, probably more than any other Hotaru. That was part of the point in coming here, now we have a new world to call home we need people who can explore and understand it. Plus I made some really good friends along the way." He gave her a genuinely warm smile.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:00 pm 
She approved enthusiastically:

"We're definitely in 'trust each other to watch one's back' terms by this point.

And yes, it was Mumei who taught me! She's quite incredible, as a dancer, as a teacher and as a human being in general. Sometimes wondering if she's not secretly an avatar of a Fortune..."

She poured a lump of sake for the both of them:

"I remember you telling me about your own little Asakaze. Think you will return there in the end, or did your achievements turn the head of some high-rank Phoenix who desperately wants for you to stay here?"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:51 pm 
"Any time Akemi-san." He raised the cup of sake as a salute. "Don't be a stranger. Hey, you know Yul-san and Mumei-san are going to end up together, right? That's a good match right there."

He nodded when she mentioned his plans and stifled a laugh. "You know I was quite keen on Asako Chiruha-san. I think she'll be snapped up by some high status somebody though. Yeah, I think I'll take what I've learned here and return to Amanoseki. Firefly are going to need some samurai with real planetside experience."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:07 pm 
"Yes! Yul and Mumei are like the happiest couple of this miai. A marriage of both love and reason. Best possible outcome. A small miracle in itself. May they be happy!"

She raised her own cup on these words, then took a sip.

"That might happen to Eriko and Hide too. I think our Kuni is slowly mellowing before our Matsu's relentless dedication."

She sighed:

"Benten's blessing stops there as far I know though. For everyone else, it will be politics as usual.

You're probably wise to forget about Chiruha. You don't have the political assets to match her other suitors. Well, never would I was I interested. Governor's daughter is way beyond our paygrades."

A grin:

"If this was some cheap romance novel, you could theoretically stay by her side by marrying another Phoenix, remaining on this world and eventually becoming her bodyguard. But that's kind of a far-fetched plan. And I don't know why you would actually do that."

Another sigh:

"In real life though... Might be time to accept we won't get the match of our dreams, stop shooting for the moon, and look at the people on our level that could be good matches."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:53 am 
Koseki chuckled at the romance novel ending. "It's not very metal is it Akemi-san? I mean I could see a Crane doing that, but it's just not me." With a grin he raised his cup with her.

"Here's to our friends, keeping it real, Benten style."

Ghost dad just blinked. He didn't understand what the kids were talking about these days.

"Real life, yes indeed. Back down to the asteroid for Koseki. Hey, that would make a good name for an album. Thinking about putting a band together after all this. Ruhe-san has inspired me..."

He shrugged and took another go at the sake. "Anyway, I figured Crab or Phoenix would be my best matches. We've being looking for an in with the Isawa like I mentioned before, and don't have many shugenja. So that would be the best pick politically. I figure a Crab would adapt best to life as a Firefly though, and I like all the Crab I've met here. What about you, any grand plan?"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:11 pm 
"Not anymore. I tried to play political chess and got my ass handed hard. Not a big surprise I know.

So folding back to less ambitious targets. Ideally... A promising even if not publicly acknowledged yet warrior. Or someone with minor ties in the mining, metal processing or metal working business. Preferably a decent human being atop of that."

A small grin.

"And yes, I'm considering you."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:29 pm 
The Firefly returned the grin and raised his cup. "I knew you had good taste. Hey, we'd be a good fit, and even if we do end up with other people I hope we get to see each other again. Friends for life now."

He raised the cup in a salute. "Hide-san and Eriko-san better invite us to their wedding... I'm bringing my rifle though."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:43 pm 
She shared the toast.

"Friends for life!

And yes, I think we'll easily identify those who actually know of Eriko's true nature at this wedding cause they will be coming in full armor, armed to the teeth, and with a ready-to-start bike at hand."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:56 pm 
He couldn't help but laugh at her joke-that-was-truth.

"Hey, speaking of that. Before we leave this planet... any chance you could give me some riding lessons? Figure I should work on my biking skills, just in case."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:05 pm 
"Sure! But expect no magic out of it. It's a skill that takes time to learn and master.

Well, like all skills actually."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]