It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 4:44 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Pincer and Beak(Late Evening Day 2 EXPECTING)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:55 pm 
Ishiyo had taken a seat in the common room of the restaurant. For now she remained in her casual attire...which was still plenty nice for such an establishment. She left a message with the doorman that the Crane was expecting a Hida to join here and would they be kind enough to direct her to the Crane's seat.

There was a small sigh as Ishiyo waited, the message from the Hida had seemingly been related to her father's business. Normally she would have just directed such questions to a representative of the company, the Daidoji maiden was not really much of an expert when it came to commerce.

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

Post subject: Re: Pincer and Beak(Late Evening Day 2 EXPECTING)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:14 pm 
Akemi came into the restaurant, dressed for business. Her servant accompanied her, dressed to be forgotten about, checking things on a densai.

Akemi looked around, the two girls exchanged a few whispers, then Akemi asked the staff and they joined the Doji table.

The servant prostrated herself with the survival instinct of any heimin, but none of the grace of a trained negotiation assistant, while Akemi merely bowed properly:

"Hida Akemi, daughter of Hida Norika and granddaughter of Hida Kinichi. This is my servant Kyoko. Delighted to meet you in the flesh lady Daidoji Ishiyo. My grandpa says many great things about your family."

Carries, when angry: Tetsubo, Heavy Armor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:22 pm 
Ishiyo returns the bow her's being ever so slightly shallower in deference to their respective social ranks, "My family makes a modest living," Which was a funny way of saying her family made a lot of money peddling ultra-fancy toys to mostly ultra-rich people.

"I prefeh to just be known as Daidoji Ishiyo, Nikutai of the Crane Fleet Ai-eh Arm, 312th Fighteh Squadron formerly attached to the light carrieh The Golden Heron." She smiles that sort of gentle Crane courtier smile as she spoke.

"Please take a seat, I trust the miai has gone well foh you so fah?"

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:08 pm 
Akemi sat, all smile:

"Yes, grandpa told me you were military. Then he added A good daughter should shed glory upon her family by quickly climbing the rank. Why aren't you nikutai yet yourself? And I answered Grandpa, I'm in a hospital bed with one less arm right now. And he said It always has to be complicated with you, has it?

But that's not the important part. The important part is that you are awesome! A beautiful ace pilot that everyone admires! Even my grumpy grandpa."

She showed some hesitation at the polite introduction question, then answered it sideways:

"My roommate is Matsu MAXIMUM RANGE Chiyoko! Can you believe that? The young prodigy of of the Lion Clan snipers. She's like a legend. And she's here, at this very miai!"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:04 pm 
For once the Crane was blindsided by a sudden burst of excitement from the receiving end. The corner of her lip twitched and she gave out a nervous chuckle.

"I am not sure I have eveh been called awesome. Noh do I think that everyone admires quite yet. But I am Ace pilot." She regained some of her composure.

"Oh yes I have met Matsu-san, she was very friendly. 'Maxium Range' is heh callsign?" Ishiyo relaxed a little, "I take it you are a ground fighteh as well given you-eh comments on heh reputation."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:36 pm 
"Hida shock troops. Because there are circumstances where the best strategy is just to close the distance with the enemy and hit it hard with big sticks. And, according to military theory, this won't change soon, no matter how much our technology evolves.

Plus, grandpa thought this was the branch where I could most easily make a name for myself, even though I'm on short side for a Hida.

Speaking of grandpa..."

Kyoko handled Akemi the densai, which in turn she showed to the Doji. On the screen was some kind of legal document, the kind with pages and pages of impenetrable text for the profane.

"Grandpa would like it very much if you had a look at this. It's apropos one of our foundries and the requirement for a certain kind of ore for one of your models. He says it's a very good deal."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:39 am 
"Oh, I see. My own experiences have been with my Family's own shock troops. Though the ones I am most familiar with is ouh marine units. Same basic plan, just add that any puncture on the army means..." She trails off, the rest was not fit talk for a meal.

The densai is passed to her and the Hida can see it....Ishiyo's eyes glaze over as she flips through the document. Sitting it down in front of her, Ishiyo answers in a monotone that suggests a speech both prepared and given often.

"I am sorry...Hida-san...but I am not a lawful representative of the Peregrine Luxury Aerospace, Automotive, and Racing, or its subsidiaries. And as such am not able to sign, advise, or negotiate on any contracts involving the aforementioned entity. I can, if you wish forward such a contract to the proper individuals in Peregrine Luxury Aerospace, Automotive, and Racing or the subsidiary best suited to your needs. Thank you for your interest in Peregrine Luxury Aerospace, Automotive, and Racing, we hope to do business with you in the future."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:06 am 
"Oh, no worry. Yes, I would like it very much. Actually, can you put my cousin Go in the loop? He will be the one handling these things. I'm only the messenger and the miai obligations keep me surprisingly busy. I mean, I'm not sure everything we do is part of the Phoenix plan, but they sure seem to be always looking and judging, so better focus on what they want."

She struggled for a bit with her densai:

"Give me a second. I have Go's coordinates... somewhere.

Ah, here there are. You should now be able to download the contract and its business card if you connect to my machine."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:55 am 
Perhaps against her better judgement she did so. "I will forward it to my oldeh brotheh. It is more his expertise...who is grandfatheh again?"

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:05 am 
"Hida Kinichi. Board member of Aoishi industries. Wait, I have a flier here."

She again struggled with the densai for a bit. Eventually, she managed to get it to display a detailed catalog of Aoishi Industry's services, illustrated with copious pictures of furnaces, transports, and smiling employees and customers.

Since Ishiyo is apparently very bad at business, she'll probably only learn from it that Aoishi is a company that retrieves metallic rocks from mining sites and transforms them into metal ingots.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:26 am 
Ishiyo look at the catalog for a moment, "Ok...I believe Pa-Pa....I mean fatheh has a company he relies on but I guess it neveh hurts to have to suppliehs." She gently pushes the densai back toward Akemi.

"But given the miai, I assume you had more then business you wished to discuss?" Her polite smile had returned.

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:32 pm 
"Grandpa would say the miai is business, except you only get to sign a single contract and it is life-long with no escape clause.

So... Did anyone catch your eyes so far? As far as my information go, you're one of the best parties here. You've got it all, personal achievements and pedigree. Suitors must be fighting at your door."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:09 pm 
Ishiyo blinked at that, "Hmm? I am not sure I would think of marriage like a business contract but...I suppose one could see it as such."

She tapped her chin thoughtfully, "As foh you-eh question there have been some interested parties, but I mean we have only been here one day." Then she let out a long sigh, "I imagine fatheh's wealth will be the beacon that inevitably calls to a few."

"What of yourself? You-eh Family is known it's tenacity, so I find it hard to believe even this earlieh you would not have already found prospects."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:27 pm 
"Several people have already caught my attention indeed, in the right or in the wrong way. You're on the good list."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:43 am 
"The good list?" Ishiyo blinked, "Hmm. I had not considered a non-Spider or non-Mantis taking interest in me."

"How about the world itself?" She changes topics, while her mind works through the politics that might inspire someone outside of their alliances to go for the Crane.

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:17 am 
"Interesting, but haven't seen much of it yet I confess.

I hope to fix that soon. Especially, I would like to see the ocean, or a big enough lake. It has been ages since the last time I've admired a piece of water stretching up to the horizon.

I've rented a two-places motorcycle for that purpose. Actually, if you're interested, give me a call and I can give you a lift.

Speaking of interested... What qualities are you looking for in your ideal spouse?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:41 am 
"My ideal spouse?" Ishiyo tapped her chin, "Truthfully? I have not really built an image of an ideal spouse....though I have been asked a few times now." She frowns and looks at the window, "I wish to remain flying, and serve my clan of course." The Crane shrugs, and looks out the window for a bit longer before her smile returns. "A bit silly I suppose, many would only dream of this sort of opportunity. Being able to have some control oveh you-eh own marriage."

"The beach? Are you planning on swimming or just the view?" She was not so sure about the former given the rumors, the later was probably ok.

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:17 am 
"Uh? Are there potential spouses who are important enough that who would have to marry out instead of having them marry in the Crane? You are at the very top of grandpa list, I thought you were the biggest shot here.

As for the beach, haven't planned that far ahead. From my understanding, the Kitsune is organizing expeditions all around the city for his research needs, and I more or less await for his reports on what to be expected in the wild before committing to a long trip."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:27 am 
"Hmm," Ishiyo nods, "I suppose it would not hurt to go on the trip. Honestly even if one will leave with just one spouse, they could have many friends."

"There are...I believe two senior officers present and the Imperial. I am not sure on names yet but." She shrugs, "Fatheh would not be pleased but if attract a high ranking eye then perhaps the political benefits would soothe him."

"An expedition you say? Are ouh hosts alright with such a thing?'

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:51 am 
"I guess? Kitsune Izumi is the organizer, and he appears to be quite the big shot within his clan, so I supposed the Phoenix were aware of all he did... But I didn't exactly ask. I can give you his contact information if you wish."

Then Akemi pulled quite the face when several information finally connected in her brain:

"How many of these big shots are Spider? You cannot possibly be considering the possibility of marrying into the Spider right? I mean, a alliance is one thing, actually joining them is another."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next