It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:14 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: [D3 LE] A Game of Cat and Bird
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:13 pm 
Shizuku had had to rush home from the Retro Night game event, cursing herself for staying a little too long and forgetting to calculate how much time it would take to get dressed up nicely. Fortunately, despite the time it took to get into her kimono, she managed to make it to the restaurant first... possibly out of nerves.

She took a deep breath and ensured nothing was out of place before she entered. Finally seated at a table she relaxed, looking over the menu to avoid falling into a trance before her Akodo dinner partner arrived. She didn't need that embarrassment more than once in a day.

Post subject: Re: [D3 LE] A Game of Cat and Bird
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:33 pm 
When Akihiko arrives, it's in a simple but nice-quality, warm-copper-colored kimono. It might be the nicest clothing the Lion has on Asakaze, and it's definitely the nicest non-uniform he has. His typically slightly unruly hair is more carefully gathered tonight, although playing Twilight Miko Crusaders shook loose a couple of strands.

Spying Shizuku's hair behind a menu, the Akodo approaches the table, bowing and ensuring he has the Crane's attention before joining her. "Daidoji Shizuku-san, good evening," he says, his voice as warm and smooth as human sound can be as he sits. "I'm very pleased to see you again. I trust you've enjoyed your time since our last meeting?" His smile suggests he's more comfortable than his slightly formal language does.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:59 pm 
She set her menu down and rose, bowing a little more deeply to match his status. The effort toward formality doesn't dim the brightness of her smile when she rises to look at him. "Akodo-sama, thank you for joining me. I'm very glad to see you again, as well." She waits for him to sit before she joins him again. "It's been an interesting couple of days. Meeting so many new people has been fun, and exploring Asakaze. And the arcade, of course." The Otori wasn't worth mentioning.

"I hope your time has been enjoyable as well, Akodo-sama?"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:53 pm 
He nods in agreement as she goes through the list, smiling widely at her mention of the arcade.

"Yes, I think enjoyable is the right word," he says, looking thoughtful for a moment. "Yes. Nothing objectionable, but I'd say there are only a couple of real highlights on this planet so far," he says with a glowing smile. His voice shifts a little, the usual touch of humor all but eliminated as he confides, "This evening is definitely one."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:22 pm 
She felt a touch of pink rise to her cheeks. "Me, too... I've been looking forward to it since we met the other day. It was probably the most enjoyable time I've had talking to someone so far," she admitted before returning the full force of her smile to him.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:35 pm 
Akihiko's smile reflects the brilliance of the Crane's, and his eyes hold hers for a few moments longer than is proper. But the pilot does catch himself, and suggests they should be sure to eat: The adrenaline from the Starcade games is winding down and hunger is setting in.

After they order some food, the Lion asks: "Tell me more about your experience with tonight's games. I hoped I might see you there, but it was so busy, I'm not surprised to have missed you."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:23 pm 
After they're finished ordering and he asks his question, she nodded with a chuckle. "It was crazy tonight, but I was excited to be able to study so many of the games... and play a few, too, though I'm better at making them. Got some pinball and dancing in. And..." She reached into her bag and lifted a Fantasy Fight deck to show him with a grin. "I wanted to be prepared for when you teach me to play."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:18 am 
Akihiko beams. "Excellent. I mean, I'm glad you enjoyed the games as well, but I'm looking forward to showing you Fantasy Fight." There's the tiniest sparkle of mischief in Akihiko's eyes. "I've heard there will be a Fantasy Fight tournament in a few days. It's probably too soon for a beginner, but you'll definitely enjoy seeing what different players do with the game. So we'll need to get to work soon," he says with relish.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:10 am 
"I've been looking forward to learning it from you!" She said, grinning. "Even if I'm just a beginner, I'm going to try anyway. That's my policy, especially this miai. I want to give everything a shot... If it's not going to poison me."

"I want a chance to have you try a game of mine, too, if you don't mind. It doesn't have a name or music yet, though, so it's a little unfinished..."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:03 pm 
Akihiko says "Ah" somewhat knowingly, regarding the poisonous plants from the ikebana challenge. "Wait, were you poisoned?"

That, plus the dangers of the biathlon course and small things like the ubiquitous weak tea were an interesting interpretation of hospitality in his mind. He shakes his head grumpily and sighs.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:40 pm 
"No... I didn't find enough information, so I wasn't super confident in my chances," she admitted, tilting her head to the side. "I decided not to risk it. Given how I heard some people ended up, probably for the best. I'm tough, but it's better not to test my luck for no reason."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:02 pm 
"Ha, ok, good." Akihiko smiles in relief, then chuckles asst himself for being so concerned. "I'm sorry, you can assuredly take care of yourself."

"Tell me more about the game you've made," he says, genuine interest evident.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:21 pm 
Her smile turned a little extra warmth on him. "I'm... really glad that you care about my well being, though. So no need to apologize."

"Oh! Right, ah... It's a bullet curtain style computer game. The general story is that the main character, Rei, lives in a village near the woods. There's a legend that every 100 years the spirits there hold a big party. That time rolls around and their younger brother gets kidnapped. They have to go rescue them, and pick up new abilities along the way. Six levels, plus some extra secret ones, and four difficulty levels. It doesn't have any music yet, and the art's a little basic since I'm doing everything myself, but I think it turned out pretty good."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:35 pm 
"Ah, interesting." He nods along as she describes the game. "Sort of a..." Akihiko tries to think of a game to use as a comparison point and realizes he's out of his depth already. "So the spirits sound interesting, and the Rei character has some kind of power already at the beginning to be able to shoot spirits?"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:51 pm 
"Yeah, basically," she agreed. "I didn't spend a lot of time on why they can do that, admittedly. It wasn't super relevant to the story."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:56 am 
The Akodo nods thoughtfully. "Right. Yeah, maybe me overthinking it. But blasting stuff sounds cool. I don't think I've played many bullet curtain games," he says a little hesitantly, making sure to use the right term.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:14 am 
"If it helps, think of it like piloting. A lot of the first games in it's genre were fighter-inspired," she replied with a bright smile.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:55 am 
The reference point helps Akihiko immensely, as his eyes clearly transition from questioning to seeing the sort of game she means. He nods with some finality, "Great, ok." He pauses. "But I only have my densai on this trip, nothing that can run a full computer game."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:30 pm 
She grinned. "I brought my computer. I only has my own stuff on it, nothing sensitive. So you can come by and play it some time if you'd like."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:48 am 
Akihiko smiles, but with a touch of nervousness. "I'd like that. Doing it. Er, appropriately," he stresses. "Playing. The game. With you. In an appropriate setting." Smooth one, Goldenboy, an inner voice chides. "Yes," he says with a smile and a nod for emphasis.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next