It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 3:02 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Pilot Talk - Bird and Cat (D4 EA)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:21 pm 
Back in her dress uniform, Ishiyo entered the restaurant and selected a table near the window. Leaving instructions at the door and stripping off her rain coat and hat, the Crane took a seat and waited patiently for the Lion's arrival. She had a jovial look on her, eager to speak on her favorite subject again...and with a man that seemed to be an exceptional pilot in his own right.

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

Post subject: Re: Pilot Talk - Bird and Cat (D4 EA)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:43 pm 
When Akihiko enters, he doesn't immediately look comfortable, his eyes searching the restaurant for Ishiyo before even starting to remove the plain traveling cloak he was wearing against the rain. After he spots her he moves carefully to take of the cloak, but he appears to be holding something out of her sight.

He walks to the table such that she can't see what's behind his back, and his polite bow is more head than body, as he tries to maintain the surprise. "Good afternoon, Daidoji Ishiyo-san," he says, clearly proud of himself.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:28 pm 
Ishiyo rose from her seat to offer a proper bow, "Greetings Akodo-sama," She smiles broadly, but seems to be better in control of her enthusiasm at the moment. "Thank you for joining me today. I hope everything has gone well since ouh last meeting?" Her blue eyes note the abbreviated bow and the apparent attempt to conceal something.

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:14 am 
Knowing the element of surprise will be lost soonerrather than later, Akihiko places on the table a plush otori, nearly a foot long. The Lion begins to explain as he sits: "Things have been well, including last night at the arcade. After some successful games, when I went to the prize booth, I saw this guy, and it reminded me of our storytelling at the otori ranch. Since it made me think of you, I wanted you to have it. And, I'm told his name is Oharu, but I'm sure you can call him something else if you'd like."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:43 am 
Ishiyo blinks at the gift, it was completely out of place here...and she had already been gifted the smaller version. She couldn't help but laugh softly and give the Lion a pleased grin. The Crane tugged down on her dress coat, straightening some imagined wrinkle and recomposing herself.

"Thank you for you-eh thoughtfulness Akodo-sama, but afteh a hard fought battle are you sure you wish to so quickly part with the spoils?"

Refusal #1

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:23 am 
The Lion pauses, surprised for a moment, but then showing realization of his error. His brain skips ahead. When pressure is closing in, fly for daylight.

"Perhaps the victory could not be won without proper inspiration, so the adorable 'spoils' should go to that source of inspiration." Akihiko's manner is a swirl of embarrassment, good laugh at his own expense, and showing respectful seriousness for Ishiyo -- and gilding it all in a Benten-worthy smile.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:10 am 
Ishiyo's expression briefly drops to one of concern. But she recovers quickly, though an apology is in her eyes. The game had begun though and it must continue.

"I am touched by Akodo-sama's words," indeed now that her initial concern had passed, Ishiyo's cheeks had reddened, "But inspiration is but the beginning, the artistry of skill was you-eh own. Surely it would be better to gracing the arms of the triumphant warrior."

Refusal #2

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:37 am 
"We cannot call inspiration only a beginning. The first step is not only a step, for without the first step there was never a journey at all." Akihiko pauses, but it seems only for dramatic effect. "A warrior whose spirit is not buoyed by inspiration"--he looks intently at Ishiyo, to give just the right emphasis--"might never take to the field at all."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:07 am 
"Then I accept this gift, with the pride I inspired so mighty a warrior even if in only a small way," Ishiyo accepts Oharu with all the gravitas oh taking an honored family heirloom. It would like painfully silly save her sincerity. "Thank you, Akodo-sama."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:36 pm 
Akihiko grimaces slightly, recognizing he'd been foolish in rushing down this path. But he keeps a brave face: "Daidoji-san is most welcome."

"Ah, my apologies, Daidoji-san. I am remiss in asking about your time since our last meeting. I hope it's been..." he pauses, searching for the right word. "Pleasant?" He asks, clearly uncertain that was what he wanted to say.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:17 am 
"Very much so, apart from my performance at the biathlon" Ishiyo carefully sit the plushie in the seat next to her, making the effort so that it looked like it was sitting at the table, "My apologies if the...ceremony was formal, I suppose my training for the courts has left me too eager to engage in all the little courtieh games. Thank you foh the plushie, it was unexpected and cute." She smiles blushing a little.

"I hope you-eh own time has been pleasant."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:20 pm 
Akihiko shakes his head. "No, no, my apologies, Daidoji-san. I know well enough the way of things, especially in a setting like this. Please forgive my... over excitement." The Lion's eyes show conflict, apologizing to protect Ishiyo's honor rather than because he wants to.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:14 am 
Ishiyo's smile softens a little, "Shall we take our seats Akodo-sama?" She gestures to the table, and sits after the Lion....or before him if such is indicated.

"I noticed Akodo-sama was quite the man of peace earlieh today. You-eh proposed solution seemed very satisfactory to the judges. You leveraged you-eh position as a soldier very well in the you-eh arguments. I do not think they quite expected it."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:45 am 
Akihiko makes a strange face at the compliment. "Ah, thank you, Daidoji-san." He awkwardly transitions to a smile, joking, "It's good for even a Lion to be surprising sometimes." After another flash of the strange face, he confesses, "I think I am discovering what I might be in addition to a pilot."

[OOC: I had them already sitting from Akihiko's second post. I can edit to clarify.]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:51 am 
[OOC - We can just play it off as they rose to bow after the gifting. I missed that earlier]

"Oh? A good leadeh often has to find the best compromise between conflicting ideals." Ishiyo raised her brow intrigued, "But Akodo-sama seems to be implying he may wish a more active role as a diplomat?"

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:50 am 
Akihiko smiles a little nervously. "This trip has allowed me time for thoughts beyond my duty to my squadron and the ship, and it is ... unsettling ... to look beyond familiar horizons. Being a combat pilot was my dream from youth. But having fulfilled dream and duty, there is... something more for me to do." He seems for a moment lost in thought, but then brings himself back to the moment. "But I ... really don't know what comes next," he finishes, sliding back to a light smile.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:14 am 
Ishiyo brightens at that, "Ah, my fatheh owns a company that makes luxury vehicles. I have wanted to fly eveh since he took me to an R&D facility and I watched them test an engine." Her words come quickly, "He wanted me to become a raceh foh his company but I begged until I was allowed to train as a fighteh pilot."

She settles down a little, "I wish to remain flying myself...but if I may ask what otheh paths are tempting you from space combat? I asked about being a diplomat...but it seems there is more to it if you-eh path is uncleah."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:55 pm 
Akihiko smiles fondly at Ishiyo's excitement, reminded of their first meeting and her fervor for everything about being a pilot. To her question, he shrugs slightly and looks at the table.

After a moment: "My future changed drastically in the foolhardy heartbeat that I decided to shoot at a fighter from a shuttle craft. They shipped me to advanced flight training with an Ikoma Widecast recording crew following me everywhere, and pretty soon I'm a 20 year old flight leader, and there's a betting pool for how soon I make chui. Choosing a path for myself isn't something I've ever really thought about."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:30 pm 
Ishiyo leans forward, "You shot down a fighteh from a shuttle?! I mean I have seen the assault shuttle defensive turrets take down an incautious fighteh but...how did you do it?" Her eyes sparkled again.

She calmed down after a moment and her mind registered the rest of what he had said, "Ah...and now here you are forced to think about it...oh at least some small part of it. Such as who you will marry, oh in you-eh case who you will make an Akodo."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:40 am 
He can't help but smile when her eyes sparkle, but by the time she notes he'll be making someone an Akodo, he looks perhaps the most uncomfortable she's seen him. "Ah, Daidoji-san is locked on target. I've led starfighters into battle on little more than a good hunch, but for this ... fleet engagement ... I wish I had much better intelligence." In the back of his mind, exasperation. Piloting metaphors, Goldenboy? Really?

Akihiko pauses briefly, trying to read Ishiyo's reaction. But before the pause stretches too long, he begins: "But you wanted to hear about my first partial kill..." He shifts in his seat, and clearly relaxes at the opportunity to talk about history instead of his miai-related thinking.

"During my first tour of duty, I was with a frigate squadron in Unicorn space -- really just a training and goodwill mission. Feels very long ago, now. Anyway, one day I was piloting a shuttle up from planetside, as I'd done probably thirty times at least by then, when I saw a small pirate vessel trying to break off from an attack on one of our frigates. It had been hit but was flying fine. And my shuttle had a radiant cannon--I'm still not sure why--but I was young and crazy enough to think I could finish off that pirate, and somehow I turned out right. My first partial kill."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next