It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 3:55 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Pilot Talk - Bird and Cat (D4 EA)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:31 pm 
Ishiyo grinned at the story, "Amazing Akodo-sama!" Her grin turned mischievous, "And you chided me over trying something dangerous." She teased.

Again she composes herself and her expression turns more serious, "Oh...yes I suppose that presents a problem. I am not sure I know any who would be of interest to Akodo-sama. Mostly just my cousins, fellow pilots, and the Spider of course." Her smile turns apologetic, "But I would be willing to answer as best as I am able since you were kind enough to indulge my curiosity."

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:21 am 
The Akodo raises an eyebrow at the teasing. "Pursuing one damaged pirate is not the same as trying to shoot straight through a formed squadron!" He laughs, but there's a tone of seriousness, and a protective look in his eyes.

That look remains as he uncomfortably comes back to the topic of the miai itself. "My apologies, Daidoji-san, I did not mean to put you on the spot. This is a very different environment than I've ever experienced. Even more variables than in a combat zone," he half-jokes, looking down at the table. "There is a great lack of control for each of us," he says thoughtfully, "lack of control for our fate. I feel much more in control of my future in my Swiftclaw than I do here."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:13 pm 
Ishiyo laughed nervously, "As you say Akodo-sama."

Her expression turns more gentle, "I understand you-eh feelings Akodo-sama. Mine are much the same," She chuckled again, "Even if I may be better at hiding it. Things are much cleareh in the cockpit. This is like flying with half you-eh instruments out, you are not sure if all the maneuvering thrustehs are working, and everyone has turned off theih IFFs."

"Still compared to some, Akodo-sama has much more control then he imagines. The Phoenix seem to find you a very favorable candidate, have they not given you more leeway then say...my courtly cousins? Think how they must feel with not even a working engine."

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:59 pm 
Akihiko looks at Ishiyo thoughtfully, absorbing everything she has to say. After she finishes, he nods gently a few times.

"Daidoji-san's wisdom is appreciated. Unsettling for me is calamitous for others, it's true. And I'm sure for those accustomed to court, and knowing who holds sway there, the uncertainty of whose choices will come first and how they may change the landscape for those choosing later... As you say, like flying without sensors when you know bogeys are around somewhere." It's not a smile, but he manages a wry grin.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:25 pm 
"Well then if I may Akodo-sama," The Crane returns the Lion's wry grin with a gentle smile, "You-eh only recourse is to scout the battlefield and draw up contingencies. There are plenty of samurai and samurai-ko who would be excellent spouses for an august soldieh such as yourself. And by all likelihood you will possess the chance to influence who that will be before most anyone else. Possessing both superioh advantage, capable subordinates, and initiative you need only intelligence. If I read the situation correctly."

Her own smile turns more mischievous, "Did not Lord Akodo himself say: Understanding chaos is the key to victory."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:58 pm 
Akihiko smiles ruefully, pleased but not surprised by the Crane's analysis and reading of Akodo. With an introspective sigh, he relies, "I am afraid that Daidoji-san is providing me a very flattering pep-talk. And it is appreciated. But it is also the sort of thing an 'august soldier' might become too attached to. So perhaps for now we should speak of something less serious, like blowing up pirates," he smiles, half sad and half joking.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:05 pm 
Ishiyo smiles in return, "As you say Akodo-sama." She blushes a little at that, "Perhaps Akodo-sama would like to tell me anotheh of his own battles? Oh would you prefeh one of mine?"

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:49 pm 
"I'm sure I would enjoy another tale of Daidoji Ishiyo-san's daring exploits." He smiles in relief and anticipation. "And I shall brace myself for a touch of recklessness," he jokes.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:39 pm 
"Ah...well perhaps something Akodo-sama was not expecting," Ishiyo rubbed her chin, "Actually this is more about my squadron's Ace of Aces. Then me but I was there."

"I should start by mentioning I was not very well liked when I joined the 312th, I told you my callsign...I can assure you the malice behind it was very much intentional." Ishiyo frowns, "Anyway even then there was Kakita Ichika, ouh leading Ace. She is a very cold, brooding, and ruthless pilot. Did not speak much with anyone, they called heh the Artist because she had been a Kakita Artisan before transferring to the Navy. You can imagine there were some rumohs about that....anyway I had been sent on my first patrol with heh and it to be blunt I was nervous."

"We left on a standard patrol, she was lead and I was wing." Ishiyo nodded to herself, "She had a plan painted all in white...death white." The Crane shivered a little, "Spooky...which I guess was the intent. Anyway we get this emergency call from a freigheh, it was under attack. Only when we get there...the freighteh had been a decoy and we found ourselves outnumbered. I sent a call to the carrieh and they vectored aid to us...but there was a real chance it would be too late."

"I saw this wave of enemy fightehs coming ouh way and my first instinct is to break and out run them, link up with ouh reinforcements then double back. But that was the wrong call, too close foh us to get away without getting shot down by missiles. Artist dives right into the middle of them, blowing theih lead plane apart before they could blink. I followed heh in and it devolved into a hideous confused melee."

"Partway through I realize I am basically on my own, and I start to panic. Kakita-sama had abandoned me to my fate...but then I saw that white plane again." Ishiyo rubbed the back of her neck, "She was kept shooting at any enemy plane that tried to break from heh and head to me. Drawing most of theih attention. And I believe she was winning. By the time ouh relief had arrived she had killed two more enemy planes and we had both damaged all of them. Seeing more Crane fightehs broke theih resolve and they fled foh home."

Ishiyo smiled wearily, "Not exactly my own glory...but it was the most intense fight I have found myself in. When we got back I thanked Kakita-sama in person...but all she did was shrug and told me to go eat and put in more time on the simulators."

ProfileTheme
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2