It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 4:50 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Peace Talks. (Day 7 Late Morning, Cabinet)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:58 am 
Hayato sighed, this really wasn't the sort of meeting he was good at, talks of alliances and polotivs were a little bit beyond him. Still that could maybe be avoided, what he needed more then anything was advice. Though he wasn't entirely certain this was the best place to get it.

Seated in the cabinet room at the Snow-moon-flower, he waited for his guest to arrive. Whatever was to come would come and there was very little that could be done about that now."

Last edited by Tsuruchi Hayato on Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)

Post subject: Re: Peace Talks. (Day 7 Early Afternoon, Cabinet)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:59 am 
Sometime later a tidy, well-dressed Spider diplomat entered the cabinet, offering the Mantis a polite bow. "Good day, Tsuruchi-san." A thin smile lingered on his lips. "I hope that the Fortunes have been kind to you."

Run by GM Tassu

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:07 am 
He rose to his feet as the other man entered. "Daigotsu-sama." Hayato repleid dipping into a deep bow. "The fortunes have seen me well, and favored me with some good fortune during this competion. I hope they have treated you kindly as well."

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:25 pm 
"One cannot complain." Katsuo bobbed his head, his eyes almost devouring the Mantis bushi. "I have heard that Tsuruchi-san has done rather well for himself. My Phoenix colleagues speak well of you. All things considered." he added with a smirk, moving to take a seat. "Sadly I cannot say as much about my kin." There was a distinct disappointment in his tone. "Sometimes I wonder if they came here just to have fun."

Run by GM Tassu

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:36 pm 
Hayato waited for the other man to take his seat, before he took his own. With the Nakodo's arrival tea would be provided, Spring's Smile if they had it. It was the Mantis paying after all.

"That's as much as i can hope for, all things considered." He replied as he settled into his seat. "If the rumors can be trusted, which is seldom that certainly might be true. Sadly while I see most of your Kin in the presence of the Crane. My own meetings with them have mostly been in passing so I can't say much more."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:01 pm 
"Well, they are our allies as well." Katsuo mused. "Have any of my kin asked Tsuruchi-san about his sisters?" he asked hopefully. "Some of them might not be thinking straight, I am afraid. Perhaps because this is all so new to them. None of them is exactly a courtier." he added, crossing his arms in his lap.

Run by GM Tassu

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:10 pm 
"I'd be surprised if any of them even knew I had sisters, Daigotsu-sama." Hayato replied a wry smile touching his lips. "You're right though many here are rather new to this." He glanced down to his chest. "And i don't believe i have the proper assets to attract many men."

A soft sign passed his lips. "I suppose that my own lack of action is somewhat at fault for the current situation though. I was rather expecting to be sought out, especially after my victory in the Biathlon. But I should of been sending out invitations."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:29 pm 
"Pfft. Now, it looks like my kin are both blind and stupid, Tsuruchi-san." Katsuo smirked. "Maybe the soft whispers of the Crane ladies have addled their brains." he murmured, seeming frustrated. "Oh, I wouldn't say that, Tsuruchi-san. I think that Tsuruchi-san is a fine specimen, as the Kuchiki would say." the Spider nakado grinned. "Though, if someone called Susumu Nara introduces yourself to him, please tell her to seek someone more suitable for herself. I am sure it was an accident they sent her here." Katsu added, almost as an afterthought.

"Mhmhm, I could provide some action for you." The dark eyes clung to the Mantis samurai. "But, perhaps this is not the place nor the time for that. Still, I think that Tsuruchi-san should try to meet some of my kin. "Would you happen to have your communicator with you? I would like to give you a number or two..."

Run by GM Tassu

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:29 pm 
The tea arrived, a cup poured for both the Nakodo and the Mantis and the pot left between them before the servant scuttled out of the door. It was probably no suprise that someone from Phoenix lands wouldn't want to linger considering the pair in the room.

"I have to say my assessment of Susumu Nara, meets with yours though Daigotsu-sama, she seems attractive enough to turn a mans eye. But I found her a bit.... erractic, and after my own Kin warned me away from her I decided it prudent not to seek a second meeting."

The spiders stare and words recieved a half smile, apparently the Mantis wasn't put off but whatever insinuations the man had made. "Perhaps you are right about that." He conceded after a moment, befre reaching down to fetch his communicator. "Of course I have Daigotsu-sama, and I do actually look forward to the chance to meet fmore of your kin." He placed the device on the table, waiting to exchange the information.

"You did bring up something that has me curiosu though... Do you think any here would mkake a passable match for my sisters, if not myself?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:42 pm 
Katsuo reached for his cup, turning it so that the side that had faced him now faced Hayato as he admired the rough surface. "Well, yes. Attractive. Capable, to a degree. Faulty? Beyond doubt." he told the other man. "We would rather have her marry someone harmless."

"Your kin? There are more Mantis here?" he asked, taking a sip from the cup before laying back on the table. "I must have missed something. Please educate me, Tsuruchi-san?" there was queer curiosity gleaming in his eyes. "We do seek to deepen our ties with our allies."

"I think that a man of his temperament might match with yours, Tsuruchi-san." Katsuo replied honestly. "And if your sisters or female cousins are anything like you, such an alliance could give birth to strong men and women. Something that the Spider and Mantis need both, no?" Thin, coy smile lingered on his lips.

Run by GM Tassu

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:35 pm 
That made sense, quite a lot of it honestly, and perhaps Nara would do just that. Maybe one of the Crane? It was hard to say who might be the best match for her.

"Just one, though she struggles to prove herself capable. I believe she is on good terms with Kuchiki Tsugiharu? The most are priests so it may be a good match, though i admit she has her difficulties."

He picked up his own cup turning it and taking a sip, a moment later the cup was back on the table and he was looking at the information on his communicator. "Susumu Geppu?" He had met the man in passing. "He does seem to have some skill with firearms, though he comes of as a bit cautious."

His eyes slipped back up to the other man, his own smile warm. "With the future that seems to be before us thats certainly true. Though it'd be my female cousins you are after more then my sisters. I could likely see a list of names were provided to aide with that, for a friend and ally. Even if Susumu-san and I don't hit it off."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:45 pm 
"Hmhm. Well, if she's priest she cannot be that useless." Katsuo shrugged. "At least she has her eggs on the table." he added with a smirk, his fingers drumming the table on which they were seated. "I should talk with Kuchiki-san, but if he cannot do better, I would suppose that your kinswoman would do. Have you talked with her?"

"Hmhm. He seems capable at least. Maybe somewhat lacking when it comes to ambition, but that is not always a bad trait, mhmhm?" Katsuo mused, taking another sip from his cup. "You get... what is on the tin."

"Yes, we would appreciate all the information Tsuruchi-san could provide with us. We would not mind seeing you in black." he smirked. "Or at least I wouldn't."

Run by GM Tassu

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:21 pm 
"Some, they seem to have formed some common ground at the very least. He came to her aide after she had a unfortunate encounter with some of the local wildlife." His hand was on his tea cup and ge have it a quarter turn as he spoke. He wasn't particularly fond of thinking of Atena as nothing but her eggs, the situation was what it was though.

"Quite correct there. It's always a disappointment when the outside looks good but the interior is lacking." Still a lack of ambition wasnt exactly the most appealing trait.

The brought an amused smile to his lips. "It's my fathers wish that I wear Black or Blue by the time this is over. Though I should likely admit that while I have not seen much interest from your Kin or the Crane, a few other clans have taken a rather keen interest. Not that any are currently likely to be able to choose me before I make my own choice."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:50 pm 
"That is all very good." Katsuo concluded with a nod. "They seem to have many such unfortunate encounters here. It seems that most would do well to stay within the walls, neh." he added with a smirk. "Luckily none of my kin have been silly enough to meander out just because. I would hate to inform their lords if they somehow managed to get killed."

"Well, in this case, you might hope there was more on the tin. Still, not everyone can be a prodigy." Katsuo sighed. "But at least this way no-one can claim they've been deceived. There is always demand for bushi like him, I would think."

"Well, I cannot speak for the Crane, but I will try to make sure that my kin will take time to talk with you. If you contact Susumu-san, feel free to tell me that I recommend him strongly to meet you, yes?"

Run by GM Tassu

Post subject: Re: Peace Talks. (Day 7 Late Morning, Cabinet)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:17 pm 
"Thank you, Daigotsu-sama." Hayato offered with a easy smile. "And my apologies I had to even bother you with something of this nature." He continued dipping his head in apology.

"I'll contact Susumu-san shortly and endeavor to get you those names i mentioned as well." His smike widened. "If nothing else it's more option to bring our clans closer together."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:27 pm 
"I would rather know like this than not know at all." Katsuo replied, bobbing his head as he did so. "So, I don't particularly mind." The Spider nakado swirled the tea in his cup. "I would rather keep close ties with our allies, yes." Katsuo smirked, almost purring. "That would make me happy, yes."

Run by GM Tassu

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:39 pm 
"I do try to keep our allies happy." Hayato replied lifting his cup to his lips to take a sip. "Which sometimes makes we wonder if I should take that into account when making my choice in the comign days. Squashing young love if any has developed dowsn't seem a good way to win friends." He finished with a soft sigh.

Not that he wouldn't if it came to that.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:03 pm 
"Well. Love has little do with marriages." Katsuo smirked. "It's just an arrangement for producing the next generation and tying together two families. so, I don't think that Tsuruchi-san should worry too much about that." Tapping the table with his had, Katsuo sighed. "Still, it might be good to check that the other party is not strictly opposed. One would not want an upset spouse either."

Run by GM Tassu

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:07 pm 
That was likely as close as he would get to permission, and the Tsuruchi nodded a thin smile on his lips. "Your thoughts run similar to my own in many ways, and it's a relief to realize they aren't exactly wrong." He paused for the moment. "I'll make moves in the coming days to do just that then, Thank you very much for the wise counsel."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:30 pm 
"One is happy having been able to help." Katsuo bobbed his head. "We have common interests after all, don't we." he took yet another sip from his tea. "The Empire is tumbling towards war, one way or another. We need to stick together, lest we be destroyed, no?" The Spider nakado asked.

Run by GM Tassu
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next