It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 1:54 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Military Date [Day 7, EE, Cabinet]
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:22 pm 
A long evening of shopping had been set to end with a proper private meal at the Snow Moon Flower. Chiyoko sprung for the private room, excited as she was about pay day. And of course, what was a private meal without being seen walking into that private room dressed to look the part?

Servants set up a blend of teas and sakes for the pair of Samurai that would be enjoying the private meal. Chiyoko sat up straight, trying to look formal for the formal affair. And definitely trying to disguise the fact that the soldier was well out of place in such a place. At least she seemed well more comfortable in this dress than the formal kimono she had worn in the last formal event she featured in.

Post subject: Re: Military Date [Day 7, EE, Cabinet]
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:33 pm 
It was quite a relief to take off her shoes at the end of their shopping spree. Not only because it was a traditional place that required guests to be bare-foot in the private rooms, but tatami mats and modern high-heeled shoes were a poor combination. At least her red and green attire was somewhat comfortable and fashionable, mixing together various elements of traditional styles.

"You seem very tense," Hyeon-ju remarked to her date as she sat down, and picked out a black tea with spices.

Has: Daisho, sidearm, fashionable attire, cool shades, densai, comm, Kami-pet.
Sometimes: Light armor, Marksman rifle.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:12 pm 
"Having a fabulous dinner with the most beautiful lady on the planet?" She turned up her lip, tone being a bit teasing. "What's not to be nervous about?"

She took the liberty of pouring sake for the two of them. "It is an odd mix of excitement and nervousness, I'd dare admit. I greatly enjoy this dress, but feel as if I have to be very formal to fill both it and this space." She let out the smallest of laughs. "Being formal is not something I M used to."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:22 pm 
"I don't think you need to be nervous, Matsu-san. Beauty and style isn't intimidating," she assured the other woman. "And you look very nice in that black dress yourself."

Sure, Hyeon-ju would've accessorized it more, or added something to it, as it was a bit plain for her personal style. But it looked good on Chiyoko and made for a nice and clean style.

She chuckled softly. "Well, if you need to relax a little, go ahead. It's just the two of us in this room... and trust me, I know how it can be to wear some dresses and shoes sometimes. Sometimes," she sighed, "you really need to just take a deep breathe and stretch a bit."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:30 pm 
She nodded, letting her shoulders relax, just a bit. "You are right, of course." Taking the sake, she held it up. "To a wonderful evening, eh?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:05 am 
Hyeon-ju lifted her cup as well to join in the toast. "To a wonderful evening."

After taking a sip, she settled in more comfortably with an elbow on the table. She wasn't going to not follow her own advice of relaxing.

"Ah... this is so much nicer than the inn. I wish this place would have rooms for guests too. The bunks are fine, but the inn is missing..." she gestured around them, "this. A sense of peace, and luxury."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:16 am 
"There is always the Snow Maiden," she noted after taking a sip. "I may rent a night at some point. Just to enjoy a rare night of luxury and comfort." She let out a small sigh at the thought, relaxing more visibly as she did. "It would be nice to allow oneself to be pampered for a night."

She leaned forward a bit, elbow touching the table as she gazed at the Utaku woman with a smile. "Not that this hasn't been a pleasant time. Some time away from campaigning is such a rare treat."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:20 am 
"Mm, I'll drink to that," she nodded in agreement, raising her cup for another toast and subsequent sip. "Not that I dislike being aboard ships and space stations, but I've really been enjoying some time planet-side. Trips outside the city, just walking around at a mall or the garden... and sometimes just sleeping in too because I'm not on active duty."

Hyeon-ju gave a small smirk. "In a way, it is sort of like a vacation already. Just happen to have bunkmates that you didn't know before coming. How have your room-mates been like for you, by the way?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:23 am 
The impromptu toast prompted Chiyoko to drink as well. "Mostly, it is nice being planetside where no one wants to shoot me," she giggled a bit. "Or at least, I am not aware of anyone wanting to. An actual bed... real walls!"

At the question, she considered. "Mostly quiet. Polite, and the like. I don't usually spend too much time in there besides to sleep. There is just too much to see!"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:51 am 
Confirmation that Room One was indeed the number one Room.

"Actual bed and real walls," Hyeon-ju chuckled herself, shaking her head. How true that was! "I don't even know if the hotel actually accepts bookings this late, but it is tempting to splurge a bit of my paycheck on that. Oh, I wonder if they have baths there too... not as nice as YuRaku, of course, but it would be nice to have a nice and relaxing bath in peace!"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:55 am 
Chiyoko's eyes closed a moment at the thought. "Mmm. It's been so long since I've had such luxury. If they allow one to purchase just a night, I will have to secure a booking." A breath, then she continued. "Walls might seem quaint, but in comparison to the sky or a tent flap, even the Wisteria room feels luxurious in it's way. Of course, I haven't been out on campaign in a few months since I had been preparing for this."

She took a moment to eye Hyeon-ju's cup, making sure it didn't need filled again before she took another sip.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:58 am 
It didn't seem like the Unicorn was hitting the sake hard yet, and wasn't in need of a refil so far.

"You've... been preparing for months for this?" she looked a little puzzled for a moment as she looked at Chiyoko. Maybe the Lion really did do things thoroughly.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:03 am 
"After a fashion," she laughed. "Or at least, I expect as much. The Ikoma pulled me off the front lines about three months ago. Asked questions, prepared me to be competent in court. Then sent me here."

She set her cup down for now, grinning wryly. "It could be that they were planning to use the for other courtly matters. But I like to imagine that they knew of this and wanted to send ne as prepared as they could."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:16 am 
"Hmm... that does sound like something courtiers do." She nodded, wondering what courtier-boot camp looked like for a Matsu. Did they use bamboo poles to smack her if she didn't sit correctly?

"For me, it was offered to me as an option as... a part of advancing to officer training." Hyeon-ju couldn't say that it was because her superiors hoped that the miai would mellow her out for the officer-track. Because damnit, it seemed to be working somewhat. "Secure a good match, hopefully represent the clan well. It's a good sign of maturity for a potential officer to not only settle down to marry, but to also be able to show good judgement in marrying well."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:20 am 
"Hmmm," Chiyoko considered Hyeon-ju, eyeing her carefully. "Your presence does seem to speak well to command. You certainly already carry yourself such that I'd have pegged you an officer off a casual glance."

She smirked. "As a Lion, I feel like I should be asking you many questions about battle theory to test your readiness."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:25 am 
"Thank you. My mother is a captain in the 1st Sky Rider Wing, so I hope to follow in her footsteps. Many on her side of the family have been officers and commanders, so I can't expect anything less of myself."

As always, Hyeon-ju was her own strongest critic.

The smirk was returned. "Please, go ahead. I may not compare to the tactical prowess of the Lion, but I consider myself a good student of battle theory and tactics."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:31 am 
She considered what question she might ask. "My knowledge is mostly based on ground combat, I'll admit." She took some of the bottles and started arranging them into a couple of battle lines. "But let's see what we can work with ship to ship."

The biggest bottle was set center close to Chiyoko, and several smaller bottles arranged in a classic Lion formation. Cups were used to represent fighters. "Alright. Say your forces are outnumbered by this force by about an extra quarter. Reinforcements are arriving, but will not make it sooner than one hour. What tactics do you use to delay long enough for reinforcements to arrive?"

----

Fluff battle, int. Void for 1k1: 4d10o10k3 26

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:50 am 
The fact that Chiyoko used a classic Lion formation made the answer easier for Hyeon-ju. She was well-studied in tactics and battle theory which also encompassed a lot of knowledge about commonly used tricks, formations, and maneuvers.

"Easy," she said, lifting her chin slightly.

Now, Hyeon-ju was a prodigy of her school, and a damned fine student of tactics. Her player? Less so. But the Utaku put on a display of tactical ingenuity that would've made an Akodo commander blush, as she preserved almost all of her units while turning the tide against the more numerous foe.

"... And that's when the cavalry should arrive, which basically makes this more of a mop-up." Her own cup had been emptied through the battle, and she now claimed the open bottle has her personal trophy, refilling her cup and offering Chiyoko some more as well.

An Ikoma's opinion on the tactica display would've been something like "well that's how to properly woo any Matsu or Akodo".

---------

D7 EE Fluff Battle roll vs Chiyoko. Tactician gives +5 (FR): 5d10o10k3+5 56

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:54 am 
And by the end of it, Chiyoko was indeed [i]very[/] impressed. "Very well done," she said, accepting the refill graciously. "I dare say you would best me in a matter of tactics. But then, my strength was always with a firearm in my hand."

She tipped back a bit more sake just as the servants knocked. As they came in, they brought tempura'd mushrooms, wontons, and gyoza, with another bottle of sake specifically paired for the appetizers. A bow, then they were gone.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:11 am 
"Well, I'm no slouch with a firearm either. Not as amazing as you, but I did get second in the great hunt the other day."

Hyeon-ju didn't pay too much attention to the servers, but she did raise her eyes at the food. Boy, she was hungry now, and this was a real proper dinner.

"Goodness, I am so grateful for this treat, Matsu-san. I haven't had a good meal like this in... a long, long time."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next