It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 4:51 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: Re: Deep Purple, Queen Crimson [Cabinet, LE8]
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:10 am 
"You seem to have really gotten into being a cop." Ruhe smirked, having tried his starter and releasing a random sound of approval. "I bet it's on the exciting and dangerous side as far as jobs go."

Ancestral Power Morin Khuur (!!!), less important stuff like arms, blades and shells

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:39 am 
"Maybe on the World of Dreams or in Informators. Back on my homeworld, things are much slower paced. We don't get many outside visitors, and Scorpion heimen are generally a well behaved lot. Besides, being a largely agricultural and mining world, there's a little bit of a thing of everyone knowing everyone else in an area. I will admit though, I found it exciting enough in my time in Shiro Tsuroru. At least there were some speeders and gangs and such there, the occasional high profile robbery."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:43 am 
"No murder case yet?" Ruhe asked after a pause for eating, while pouring umeshu for both of them. He took it upon himself, not wanting the servant to hover over their conversation.

Ancestral Power Morin Khuur (!!!), less important stuff like arms, blades and shells

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:33 am 
"Hmph. Well, nothing that I've been lead on at least. The most you get for that when you're a doshin is coordinating the Eta in their work, informing next of kin, that sort of thing. Otherwise, since I became a yoriki, nothing of the sort even. On a close knit Scorpion world, there's not much crime, actually. What there is is largely done by outsiders, who don't seem to realize how seriously my Clan takes crime. And frankly, not many visitors have the baggage to kill someone while visiting, unless it's something far above a local yoriki's work. There was an assassination case my senior magistrate became involved in, but I didn't get to touch it."

A small shrug, "The price the Scorpion pay having a lot of experience and clout as magistrates amongst there peasants is there's not much crime."

Of course, there was the stuff her sensei had told her to ignore, that was only a crime if an outsider found out about it. But who was she to mention such things when she'd been told not to.

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:23 am 
There was no ulterior motive for Ruhe to have asked about it, so he didn't feel like pressing. "If stuff like that happens ever, I'm sure you'll solve it. Do you have a professional wish, something to accomplish at work?" He took the glass.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:42 am 
That got a blush from the smallish Scorpion woman.

"Um, yeah... promise me you won't laugh though, on your honor."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:38 pm 
There might have been something ironic in involving honour between them, but Ruhe missed it entirely and could only answer in one way, as his conscience dictated. "I promise on my honour." He declared convincingly, even though laughing was his natural disposition unrelated to belittling or mockery, so he already started training the down-lipped, pensive grimace that belied his jovial nature.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:59 am 
"If I could accomplish one thing, it would be to be a hero. I know a lot of samurai say that, but I don't just mean sacrificing for the greater good or serving my lord and Emperor well. I mean the sort of person who is sung about in their lifetime, someone who gets a biopic and people want their autograph. And not just famous for anything, but for being a magistrate specifically, to solve some unsolvable crime or bust some huge conspiracy or something like that. Maybe it's too much fiction rotting my brain, but it's all I have. And I think I have the skill and drive to make it happen."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:59 am 
Ruhe had zero idea why she would even have thought it laughable. All the preparation was unnecessary. He returned to honest, approving beaming. "That's a wholesome goal to live for! Riding the top of the wave, feeling fully alive by living the glory you claim and deserve by smiting and defeating villains, that's extremely songworthy. I'd compose and perform the hell out of such achievements!" His mind immediately rushed toward finding right lyrics and harmonics for cop metal, his fingers already trying some rhythm on the edge of the table.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:01 am 
That actually got a laugh from herself, "Okay, I wasn't expecting such unqualified approval. Nor an offer to be a bard for me essentially. Now I'm just imagining chasing down a criminal on a motorcycle with you on back thrashing."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:08 am 
"I'm imagining it now too!" He laughed. "Or me driving and you blasting, in a wild chase!"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:50 am 
"Blasting, hm? I suppose I can see that too."

Done with the tofu, Tenma set down her chopsticks before picking up the cup to take a sip of the Umeshu that Ruhe had poured.

"Anyways.. that's me. What about you? What is there to Moto Ruhe besides music, hm?"

She took another sip, one elbow on the table as she leaned forward slightly.

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:02 am 
"Metal is a way of life, and music is a part of it. I try to live as if every day is my last, having no regrets or second thoughts." He looked into her eyes, a bit more thoughtful. "I don't have siblings, my father died young. I think I've told you before that he was a metal musician too, so it's kind of a family thing. He was more successful than I've been so far. I've been in a few bands and I had some moments of stage glory with them but none lasted, still looking out for people to found one with."

He rubbed his chin. "Technically I'm in the defence forces of the Bright Star but haven't really seen much action, mostly just driving trucks with military stuff. I was born on Kuwagata though, a much wilder world, not unlike this one."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:09 am 
"Hm... I take it then your duty lies in that? The defense forces, that is. I'm not sure I've heard of any Moto going on to be dedicated artists, of almost any sort. At least none that I remember. Maybe as a side gig alongside one's main duties, of course."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:19 am 
"The Moto death metal scene is very vivid but for most of us it's a part-time gig, yeah. Still, it's not frowned upon that we maintain our own traditions by dedicating to music. It's good for morale, in fighting and in any other work. Playing morin khuur goes back to ancient times."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:23 am 
"Mmmm... would you rather be a full time musician? Or do you not mind being in the military and such? I wouldn't think any less of you if you didn't think your duty as a samurai was your true calling, you know."

She certainly seemed genuine, still leaning on the table a little bit and looking at him with a curious expression in her big red eyes.

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:36 am 
He met her gaze with his, and a smile.

"I want to be devoted to people and stuff I can be passionate about so that I can give it all my fervour and drive. Life's too short to waste it on half-hearted pursuits. Like you, I want to leave some mark, not to feel like an extra in my own play. And if people are going to remember me for something, it'll be for my music, just like with my old man."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:39 am 
"Mmmm, you say that..."

She trailed off a moment, thoughtfully playing with some of her hair before continuing.

"But I think there's a lot more about you that's memorable, you know."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:57 am 
"You think so?" He leaned forth a bit too, coals of his eyes burning up more than usual at the hair trick that hadn't escaped his attention. "If it's so, I'd rather keep it for the woman that's lately been on my mind so much. I'd really like to impress her. She's a real beauty, I can tell you, that comes with grace and an intriguing personality, and resolve I can really admire. Guess it's high time I told her all that." He grinned.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:50 pm 
Tenma was dense, but not so dense as to miss that. She looked down at her plum wine shyly, "If you were to tell her that, she might say such things were bordering on flattery, Moto-san."

"The law never rests."
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next