It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 5:31 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: Re: Deep Purple, Queen Crimson [Cabinet, LE8]
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:05 am 
"So she wouldn't believe me?" There was a flash of a feeling Ruhe didn't expect, something akin anxiety. "Do you know what I can do for her to see that I mean all that? Perhaps something like singing it all out from stage before a large audience to a ballad written in her name? I wonder if the Phoenix would be fine with me doing that during the matching time of the miai." He rubbed his chin." But then I'd give her lilttle leeway in rebuking me if she so feels, and that isn't fair..."

The waiter used his thoughtful pause as silence needed for him to enter and ask about the choice of the main course.

Ancestral Power Morin Khuur (!!!), less important stuff like arms, blades and shells

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:05 pm 
Tenma stares at the waiter enters. She doesn't answer Ruhe's question while the servant is there, but orders a kikurage and caviar noodle dish with egg drop soup.

Once the servant leaves the room, the shy young woman speaks up, "I believe whatever you say, Moto-san. I'm just not good at taking compliments is all; I'm not used to getting them, you understand."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:01 pm 
Ruhe ordered something, but he did not exactly recall what the moment the waiter had left, having been singularly focused on her.

"Would it be bad, Bayushi-sama, if I got you used to it a bit then? My penchant for big words comes with the metal inventory, but it's just that everything I've learned of you so far has got me to appreciate you more. I can't be responsible for all those who came short on praising you for who you are, but I can fight back against their legacy. If you'd like that."

Ancestral Power Morin Khuur (!!!), less important stuff like arms, blades and shells

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:43 am 
That got a little bit of a smile, "I suppose I don't mind, if it's coming from you. I always heard the Unicorn were more free with their emotions and feelings, and what they're thinking. Back home, a good job done gets a nod, or maybe a mark on a sheet; Bragging about it or wanting someone to praise you publicly is seen as counter to the mission of the Scorpion as those who do things unheralded. My sensei once said those who want fame and praise should have been born a Lion. Well, apart from maybe a reputation that could help you with your job."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:28 am 
Ruhe listened intently, but then decided not to comment on her Clan's practices. "I think I might be good at that, being free with feelings and emotions with you, and maybe also freeing yours."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:32 am 
"Hmmmm... but that would beg one of the things I hadn't thought about until now. If... well, if you're going through with me as a choice for this miai, right? Well... all things considered, would that mean you would become a Scorpion as well?"

It wasn't as though Tenma had anything against the Unicorn, but she imagined her position would mean negotiations would drive towards what she had said.

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:59 am 
"If this is how it goes, why not? There's only so much time to do interesting things in life. I don't think I mean for my Clan as much as it means for me, and so if it gets the Scorpion and the Unicorn closer together I am fine with such a turn." He smiled, more seriously than usual. "It's not the whole story though. My old man might have been a good father to me but he botched his marriage and I don't want to follow in his footsteps on that. As a kid I wondered a lot about it, and I figured out it was many things, but failure to commit was one of them. I take this miai as a chance to show that I'm not afraid of that." He took care of having eye contact with her. "So if I know that you want to bond with me, I'm ready for what it takes."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:01 am 
"That's a lot to ask, so quickly. I like you, Moto-san. A lot. And I like spending time with you, I want to get to know you better. But a lifelong bond? How does one even really know if one is ready for such a thing, or know if they would make a good match for someone? I don't want you to end up sad, or anyone else, because of me."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:16 am 
"I like you a lot too! It"s as much as I have right now. I'm not a fortune teller and I don't think I'll ever be, so can't say how it is going to pan out!" He smirked. "I guess you and I still have a few days to figure things out." He sipped some umeshu, smirking more wryly. "Besides, there's no guarantee lifelong is long. My ancestors aren't known for longevity."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:04 am 
A soft warm smile, "Well, if you do decide to marry me, Moto-san, then I promise to do my best to see that you live a long, happy life. I don't think I have any Yogo ancestry, after all."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:16 am 
Ruhe didn't know much about the Yogo part, but it seemed it was good not to be related to them. Besides, other thoughts, warm and fuzzier by the second, were filling him.

"That sounds like a very attractive offer, when I thought I need little more in the way of attractive coming from you, having already got so much." He shook his head. "Damn, you're making me melt when you smile like that. I can promise you that after ending up together with you I'll do my utmost to make your dreams come true."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:14 am 
"Is it the smile, or the dress?"

She looked down at herself then back up with a small grin, "I have been told that I wear it well you know. I think you said something of the sort earlier as well."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:48 am 
"It's the woman in the dress." He said without hesitation. "Looking at you, I haven't even thought that wearing it badly was an option. But I think your entrancing qualities start with the eyes, shining molten cinnabar in this light. Letting my observations descend from your face would get me into trouble though, I am a man of imagination."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:26 pm 
A light blush, "Well, not too much trouble... not with me at least... A-Anyways, I feel like you're the one doing all the praising around here, when you look handsome as ever. I wasn't sure what I expected out of you when you invited me to a place like this, but it's both stylish and very distinctly you."

There, subject changed. Super smooth Tenma!

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:18 pm 
"Really? It looks like that my secret plan to impress you is both revealed and working!" He laughed, partly at himself as his back had straightened and his shoulders and chest rose at her words. "It's grand that we're taking liking in each other. But hey, it was me who fomented it all and you still came so elegantly prepared! I concede awesome points to you."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:32 am 
Tenma spread her hands to side and did a sort of sitting curtsy-bow.

"I am nothing if not awesome and elegant, I will concede."

About that time dinner arrived, or at least the first course. In Tenma's case that was the egg drop soup. Of course, out here, one did not make egg drop soup with chicken eggs, so the soup was a little different looking. But it still smelled good, so Tenma had no reason to mistrust it. Even if it was brown instead of yellow as a base.

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:29 am 
You are!" Ruhe laughed, then looked at what he got... and he couldn't tell. "Any idea what I've ordered? Looks tasty, but gives me no clue."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:56 pm 
"I... don't remember either. I just saw you point at something. It looks like they got something out of a garden. Very green and fresh at least?"

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:07 pm 
"I'm going to eat it! At least a part of it! Would you like to try too?" He looked up from the dish.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:12 pm 
"Truth? I would; It looks more appetizing than this brown eggy soup, really. Not that I'm worried about this being good."

Tenma slid the tray with the umechu closer to Ruhe, "Just put a bit on there."

"The law never rests."
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next