It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 5:55 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: D8. EM. Once more, with feeling
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:11 am 
Koseki gave her a bright smile. "Firefly are miners and deep space explorers. Why sugar-coat it? It's a rewarding life, it ain't glamorous, but you do see some crazy shit. I swear I once saw a...what would you call a group of them...a flight? of dragons dancing through a planetary ring."

He tucked into something like looked like toro and paused to savour the deliciousness. "I don't want to know what this is but I like it! Hmm, well in space you can find the darkness and see the stars whenever you want. There's always an opportunity for low-R, and then there's the sounds. Some sort of machinery is always in the background, reminding you that you're only alive because the tech works. That was the thing that took me the longest to get over on Amanoseki. I couldn't hear the engines or the ventilation, so I kept thinking the life support was malfunctioning..."

Equipment: Sturdy clothes, densai, Sidearm, Daisho, lighter, smokes.
Where appropriate: Light armour, rifle

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:29 am 
Eriko gave a few blinks at the mention of dragons, "Get out. Really now?" she responded with a bit of skepticism. A part of her wondered if people in space were to used to seeing the same thing around them that they had developed some sort of space mirage from it. Then again, she was also on a strange planet.

"Isn't that sort of discovery you should be reporting to someone? I guess you weren't the only one there," she said as she found herself inadvertently fiddling through the offering of nigiri before finding one she like with reddish flesh. She dipped it in soy sauce and popped in her mouth. "Raw fissh and shtuff. It'sh great."

She took a sip of tea but it made her wonder if it was better with sake, especially with the small morsel food in front of her. "Living on the edge...sound kind of fun, actually, but probably not in a good way. Hey, don't shame me for that. It must seem like magic to just have this air...just there...I guess the downsides is that there are no warning signs and nothing comes with instructions. I could suddenly see why you'd be so into writing this stuff out."

Run by GM Boogiepop / Art by Wernope

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:03 am 
Koseki chuckled at her expression. "You looked like my CO for a moment there." He grabbed another piece of the raw fish and dipped it before taking a bite. It was incredible!

"Yeah, we always report that stuff. It all gets inspected by a special unit. Figured I'd maybe end up there if I keep working hard." He shrugged and sipped at the tea. "You know maybe a sake isn't a bad idea. Yeah, I guess that's one of the reasons I'm always writing safety guides. You never know when it might save someone's life."

Ghost dad gave him a long hard look then nodded respectfully and left his don to finish his date in peace.

"There are a million ways to die in space. It's quite the ride. I mean, you could always get assigned to World of Dreams, we've got a base there at the MCA headquarters. I've never been though."

Equipment: Sturdy clothes, densai, Sidearm, Daisho, lighter, smokes.
Where appropriate: Light armour, rifle

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:46 am 
"Safety manuals must be a big thing when you're working with machinery and the occasional lack of gravity," she said before partaking in some more sushi. It wasn't quite flown-in live salmon but it seemed to substitute for the conventional fish easily enough.

"But some people here have difficult reading through the book before turning on a vehicle or playing a video game," Myself included... "But it's a good idea if someone's first experience isn't their last, right? I guess my cousin's recent death is a reminder of that. Poor guy."

"Do they now? I musta missed it a couple of times. World of Dreams is a pretty swell place, actually, I've been there on more one occasion. I would probably like it more if people there weren't so hostile."

Run by GM Boogiepop / Art by Wernope
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2