It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 8:20 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: [D12, MN: Shokomaru's Room] Service for Two, Please (closed)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:10 am 
It had been a long day, and a longer night. The Spider laid on his bed, swapping tabs on his densai over and over as if something new would magically appear that would interest him. He'd watched the nightly movie, been down and out of the lobby for a cigarette several times, walked around the block, taken a bath and redressed in his suit, paced for an hour, went back down to smoke one more time, then finally broke down an ordered drinks.

He scrolled again, again...and again. No, nothing new. At least nothing he was interested in. He sipped his drink again and tried not to think about the day. Though it was really all his brain would dwell on. He'd chosen Ishiyo, and though he had not expected her to smile sincerely and show an overflow of emotion for him, he also certainly hadn't expected her to be completely focused on other things entirely, and to suddenly leave the moment he tried to talk to her.

To say he was a nervous wreck trying to piece together some sense out of fragments he didn't understand would be a gross understatement.

So he scrolled again, sipped again, and considered going back downstairs for another smoke.

, Status: 4, Glory: 1

Carries: Sidearm, wakizashi, Densai, uniform/leisure or traditional clothes, cigs, fan.
Armor, Daisho, Rifle for battle.
Description

Post subject: Re: [D12, MN: Shokomaru's Room] Service for Two, Please (clo
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:23 am 
Ishiyo had arrived at the hotel. She owed her betrothed at least some time. They were to be married after all. She still wore her uniform, not out of any political statement this time but...purely out of neglect. The Crane had simply just not felt the need to change clothes.

She sent a notice to Shoko's room and followed one of the servants up. A light tap on the door to notify its lone occupant and then she waited.

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:30 am 
Well, there it was. The knock.

Most of him wanted to run to the door, kick it down, grab her and do other things. He knew he was stupid though, so he placed his densai aside, cleaned up the mess on the coffee table and put the cap on the bottle again before bidding her enter.

"It's open."

He stood there, feeling stupid, awkward, uncertain...but he managed to be at something closer to parade rest than the slouch that suggested he didn't care who was coming in.

Carries: Sidearm, wakizashi, Densai, uniform/leisure or traditional clothes, cigs, fan.
Description

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:56 am 
Perhaps it was for the best as Ishiyo entered in a manner more akin to a subordinate called in for disciplinary review then love struck paramour. She removed her kepi upon entering and tucked it under an arm.

"Daigotsu-sama," She frowned, "No...I suppose it is Shokomaru-sama now." Her posture and the motions suggested much tension in the young Crane.

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:08 am 
Her manner seemed to strike him a certain way.

He bowed sharply. "Report, Ishiyo-nikutai."

Description

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:15 am 
That was unexpected, "I am not under your command." She replied dryly, "And if it is some game, I find it in poor taste." Ishiyo frowned, though perhaps more disturbing was she had made the effort to speak clearly. Pronouncing the trailing 'r's and not over stressing her vowels.

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:25 am 
He stopped dead in his tracks at her words, his mouth even fell open slightly. He really looked like a bit of a mess. Then he relaxed and let out a breath, like there was something great and terrible leaving his body with it.

He smiled, a small thing, not broad or smirking. "It's good to see you tonight, I'm glad you came."

He couldn't be stressed out, not if she wasn't put together yet either. That should have been obvious, but he'd only worried about himself, really.

Description

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:09 pm 
Ishiyo's stiff posture softened and she looked painfully vulnerable. "I would hope so...it seems we will be seeing each otheh a lot." She leaned against the wall, "You clean up well, Shokomaru-sama."

The Crane ran a hand through her hair. "So....Daigotsu Ishiyo then."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:49 pm 
"I try, Ishiyo-san," he answer, cracking a bigger smile now and stepping toward her. "And let's juat stick to Ishiyo-san for now... one day a Spider, but always my proud and beautiful Crane." His look showed a bit of his old mischievous confidence. "Even if you don't wear Daidoji Uji's tattoo."

Description

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:17 am 
Ishiyo sighed, "So in the end afteh all that it was serious afteh all." She remained leaning against the wall, "...it is unbecoming of me Shokomaru-sama, but I am afraid of the future. Can a woman such as myself, raised on the beauty of Miyabi, truly adapt to life in you-eh clan? Oh will I be an outsideh hated for my weakness?"

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:11 am 
"I didn't pick you because I thought you were weak", he told her, meeting her eyes now and stalking forward further. "You aren't weak, you are Daidoji, your people fought the lion for a thousand years with less than half the troops they had. You've stood firm in these challenges regardless of the outcomes, you have honor that others can't overcome because they don't understand it." He reached up and held her cheek. "And you have me to help, so stand up straight, you have a right to be proud, Ishiyo-san."

Description

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:18 am 
Ishiyo closed her eyes, "Yes...of course." Her eyes came open again, "Never a moment of weakness." She sighed and shifted to push herself off the wall. Her smile finally returned, weary.

"I...will request to a post in the navy. I can not give up flying."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:42 am 
"You won't hear me disagreeing", he said. "I'm here to support you, and I hope you'll see it the same."

But he took her by the shoulders and looked deep into her eyes.

"I want you to know that. You can do what you need to, I'll help you. Just give me a little trust, I didn't decide to marry you so i could let you down."

Description

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:55 pm 
Ishiyo looked back, a weak smile on her lips, "Thank you Shokomaru-sama."

She brought her hands up to rest his, pulling them off her shoulders but not letting go. "I said I would do my best to earn Benten's blessing..." Her eyes look down, she did not feel Benten found favor with her...but would not speak as much. She looked back up, "Let's try to build something togetheh."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:42 pm 
He smirked. "My dear Ishiyo, I believe we've already started building that the last time you were here, though the ending wasn't what we wanted, I felt I learned a lot about you." He raised their hands between them and leaned down, kissing hers gently, watching her eyes. "You knew what I was trying to do then, and I held back because of how I feel about you. Tonight, it's no different, but you know me by now, I think." He held her hands and her gaze, trying to be a solid presence of support. "But you've had a long day. If you want you can get cleaned up, I uh...got you something, so you can change out of your uniform after using the bath if you'd like."

Yes, she'd had a long day. He knew from his own matters. It must have been tough. He'd locked up tight the place where he put his memories and feelings for Akemi, and it would be some time before he could look to that place and not feel sullen, worthless, or utterly frustrated and enraged at himself.

But he saved the smiles for Ishiyo, trying his best.

Description

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:06 am 
Ishiyo blinked and then a realization hit here, "Ah...yes I had forgotten to change. It has been...a long day." She relaxed. "I was in pain that day, my walls had fallen." The Crane let her hands fall, "I trust it is not something to revealing. We are not even married yet...."

She looked into his eyes and some of her mirth had slipped back in.

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:27 am 
"As always with me, you have two choices", he said with a smirk. "You're wearing the third right now."

He ushered her toward the bath. "Just do what you want, I'll pour some drinks."

He stopped with her at the open door though. "Of course you can just let me watch instead, no judgment."

He stood straight faced for a while, then winked and went about fixing drinks.

Description

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:42 am 
"Four choices." Ishiyo shrugged, "Five if you get down to it." She made her way over to the bathroom and inspected the 'outfits'...and was surprised to see they were tasteful. She showered quickly and changed into the casual outfit. The Crane sighed at the use of shorts over long pants but at least it was comfortable.

Stepping out into the room proper she took a seat and waited for Shokomaru to finish the drinks.

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:23 am 
Seeing her come out of the bath he watched her closely, smile twisting like...well...a bloody teenager, really. He held up a glass. "I mixed you something a bit sweeter, I didn't want to send you down coughing or anything", he said. "But I have the straight stuff if you're looking for it, just the same." His smile turned a little sly and he made an inviting gesture, patting a space on the bed next to him, setting the drinks on the coffee table next to it.

Description

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:56 am 
Ishiyo sighs and takes a seat next to Shokomaru, pulling her legs up onto the bed and under her. "I suppose you wanted the dress....maybe if it had been earlier in the night." She sipped the drink and looked over to the Spider. The small buzz from the drink felt good, her nerves had been tense much of the day.

ProfileTheme
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next