It is currently Sat May 25, 2024 6:38 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: [D4, EM, lounge] Rise and pride
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:40 am 
Akodo Akihiko wrote:
"Interesting," Akihiko replies. "Non-traditional hair is ... Perhaps an indication of something. Perhaps a wilder sort of samurai than would feel comfortable among the Lion. I wonder what Kitsu Nozomi, as a fellow priestess, would make of her."

"That is an excellent idea Akodo-sama. I could perhaps arrange a meeting between the two? I am sure she is the sort of samurai Kitsu-san might enjoy the company of, if they have not already met."

Profile art credit: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/k4nea2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:05 pm 
Daigotsu Shokomaru wrote:
"Have to admit, Hanako-san...", he seemed to have a weird time saying his family name, for some reason. "You seem pretty well-adjusted and thoughtful. Is that a common thing among your family? I know it might not seem like much to say, but...well...having met a lot of people here so far, and most folks being a bit stereotypical of what I've been told to expect from them, so far I think you've been the most refreshing if I'm being honest."

Just don't call him Hanako-chan by accident, that'll be one hell of an explanation to him and your sister.

"My family tends to be extremely traditional and proper in their approaches, but we are also expected to be diplomatic because of our duty. I think that those things along with my curiosity for the world outside of Rokugan lead to wanting to be more open to different ideas. It allows for more sympathy for others' positions. As for stereotypes... I wouldn't be surprised if some people lean into them outside of their own clan settings. Meeting expectations that others have for them and representing their people in the best way they know how."

"But I don't even really know what to truly expect when talking to others. I know broad strokes of the different clans, but not really enough to pin down any specific traits. So when I meet folks I can only really get to know them as a person. But I enjoy doing so."

Carries: Wakizashi, Sidearm, Communicator, Densai, Portable Informator, Persnal Seal, Holorecorder, Fan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:16 am 
Murame Shoan wrote:
"That is an excellent idea Akodo-sama. I could perhaps arrange a meeting between the two? I am sure she is the sort of samurai Kitsu-san might enjoy the company of, if they have not already met."

"Excellent. If Murame Shoan-san would entertain a non-order from your non commander, please facilitate them meeting."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:21 am 
Akodo Akihiko wrote:

"Excellent. If Murame Shoan-san would entertain a non-order from your non commander, please facilitate them meeting."

"I will facilitate it to the best of my non-abilities Akodo-sama."
She bows her head

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:21 am 
A bark of laughter escapes the gunso, despite his usual discipline. He smiles at Shoan, as a commander does with a trusted subordinate. In a nod to propriety he takes a drink of the distasteful tea and closes his eyes, though Shoan can see another chuckle or two rumble silently through him.

"Many thanks, Murame Shoan-san." He inclines his head deeply. "And you may consider it another non-order to inform me how I can I best support your efforts here. Should you see advantage," he emphasizes the word with a raised eyebrow, making the real meaning of the euphemism clear, "in a particular match, I would endeavor to support that good judgement."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:32 am 
Akodo Akihiko wrote:
A bark of laughter escapes the gunso, despite his usual discipline. He smiles at Shoan, as a commander does with a trusted subordinate. In a nod to propriety he takes a drink of the distasteful tea and closes his eyes, though Shoan can see another chuckle or two rumble silently through him.

"Many thanks, Murame Shoan-san." He inclines his head deeply. "And you may consider it another non-order to inform me how I can I best support your efforts here. Should you see advantage," he emphasizes the word with a raised eyebrow, making the real meaning of the euphemism clear, "in a particular match, I would endeavor to support that good judgement."

“You are very kind Akodo-sama. I will of course prepare a full report. Although efforts to map the relationship topography here have proved challenging.”

Shoan’s On softens slightly in a clear scene of feeling comfortable with Akihiko
“If you would like me to assist you more directly as a, I believe the term is ‘wingman’ then please do not hesitate to ask.”

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:14 pm 
Akihiko nods knowingly. "Quite so, Murame-san. Challenging. Quite assuredly so."

"Very well. Let us stay in communication, and perhaps meet again in a couple of days to review the topography at that time."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:16 pm 
Akodo Akihiko wrote:
Akihiko nods knowingly. "Quite so, Murame-san. Challenging. Quite assuredly so."

"Very well. Let us stay in communication, and perhaps meet again in a couple of days to review the topography at that time."

Shoan stands and bows low. A waiter behind narrowly avoids being bowled over.

“Of course. I look forward to the debrief.”
Bringing a fist to her chest
“Good hunting Akodo-sama. By your leave?”

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:39 pm 
"Hai, Murame Shoan-san. Good hunting." He rises and bows in reply.
/scene

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:17 pm 
Hanako Michiya wrote:
"But I don't even really know what to truly expect when talking to others. I know broad strokes of the different clans, but not really enough to pin down any specific traits. So when I meet folks I can only really get to know them as a person. But I enjoy doing so."

"Well, that's good. It just so happens I came here to do the same", he said and motioned for a servant to bring more coffee. "Meeting new people can have a lot of barriers that come from their upbringing, which creates expectations from them on who you might be", he said nodding, he knew he was only agreeably restating what Michiya had said, but he felt it was good to do so in this case. "I have had very few honest discussions, but I didn't expect many. Most meetings of the clans are more violent than this."

Little did he know!

, Status: 4, Glory: 1

Carries: Sidearm, wakizashi, Densai, uniform/leisure or traditional clothes, cigs, fan.
Armor, Daisho, Rifle for battle.
Description
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3