It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 10:40 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Crabby Meetings (D6, Late Evening)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:46 pm 
All of Koryn's things had been packed together meticulously with the greatest care by the members of Room One. The noisy bird had even been fed and they had draped the cloth over it to keep it calm, though Hyeon-ju suspsected the bird knew its owner was gone.

She hadn't planned on this meeting coming with the addition of mourning, but it was what it was. And a samurai rolled with the punches, so to speak. The Crab was a courtier, so she'd decided on something slightly more formal to wear, a dark blue tunic with rich golden accents and embroidery over loose-fitting harem-pants. Relaxed, yet dressy. This wasn't court after all.

Speaking with the clerk at the front desk, she told as much that she was here to speak with Yasuki Nishida and was expected. And so she waited for the elusive Yasuki to be ready for their meeting.

Has: Daisho, sidearm, fashionable attire, cool shades, densai, comm, Kami-pet.
Sometimes: Light armor, Marksman rifle.

Post subject: Re: Crabby Meetings (D6, Late Evening)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:04 pm 
Nishida would quickly show up. Still wearing his traditional clothes in honor of Koryn.

"Good evening, Utaku-san. I hope you have found at least a bit of light in this dark time" he said with a bow.

Accompanied by: Akechi - Bodyguard
Pet: Mochi - Shiba Inu

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:42 pm 
The Utaku bowed deeply, yet still keeping the movement efficient and curt. Tell-tale signs of a military woman.

"Yasuki-sama, once more my deepest condolances for your clan's loss. Kuni-san was a bright young man. It's hard to find some light on days like these, but one has hopes that it can be found."

She gestured to the luggage and covered bird-cage. "These are Kuni-san's personal belongings that were in his room, including the ticket he won for a dinner at the Snow-Moon-Flower. His weapons and armor were not there. but we assumed it had been with him in his final moments and have been returned to you by those present at the time." The remaining three in the room were all people of proper procedures, and they had taken great care to see it all returned to his clan.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:25 pm 
"I see, please make yourself comftorable" he pointed at a pair of cushions near a small table in the lobby.
"I have to thank you for bringing Koryn's belongings, Utaku-san. You've shared a room with him, haven't you? Please tell me a bit about him from your point of view."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:31 pm 
"Thank you," another bow, though more shallow this time, before she took an offered seat on the couch.

"Yes, room one at the Wisteria Inn, along with Daigotsu Ryuu and Doji Ichika. He seemed... very young, Yasuki-sama. Perhaps too out of his depth to be here at a miai, which he did not know was a miai until myself and the other two informed him of such."

Though they had done what they could do fill him in on that and prepare him for what was ahead without overstepping. It was ultimately his clan's responsibility, not theirs.

"But if he died defending others, I am not surprised. He seemed courageous and with a good heart - not that I know the details, but I think if I were to ask him what would be a good death, he would have probably said in the defense of other people. It is only a shame it had to happen to one so young as him..."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:07 am 
A nod.

"He was indeed very young. I've learned about the trick some of his kohai played on him on the meeting we had. He was unprepared for a miai, but didn't falter before the challenge. A truly brave man he was."

He looked to the luggage Hyeon-ju brought along. He wrote something in his communicator and a middle aged man appeared to move it to Nishida's room.

"To be Samurai means to serve. I'll make sure Koryns sacrafice won't be forgotten"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:14 pm 
The servant taking the luggage was given a brief look of acknowledgement, and then she looked away as if he wasn't there.

"To be a samurai means to serve," she echoed the words, agreeing, before gently moving on the conversation so they wouldn't be stuck in a loop of lamenting the loss of Koryn. "Apart from this tragedy, how fare the Children of Hida in this miai, if I may ask?"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:30 pm 
"Hmm, i would say we're pretty good on the standings. My own target is a bit fikkly, a lot of competition" he would order one of the servants of the hotel to bring them tea.
"I know that there are some who are interested in joining our clan. Even if ican't say anything concrete about it yet. How's the unicorn? And more specifically, how about you? Someone who's so... impressive as you, should be overrun by admirers, no?"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:24 pm 
"Of course, it is too early to claim certain matches at this point."

She had an opinion, but thought better of sharing it.

"We are doing well. One of our numbers had to leave the planet prematurely, but under normal circumstances. Called somewhere else, so there is three of us now, and we seem to be doing alright in these fun challenges our hosts are putting on." At least she was sincere that they were fun. Mostly. As long as they didn't involve otori.

The ice queen didn't seem particularly phased by the flattery. "Some admirers personally, yes, but nothing concrete yet. Though a match between the Crab and Unicorn would not be out of place, considering that our clans are currently benefitting from a mutual friendship of trade." The Unicorn had plenty of produce the Crab benefitted from. "But who is the question? I don't think Moto Ruhe-san has found someone who has captured his musical heart yet."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:33 pm 
"I think Suzume-san grow fond of him? At least they were a fine band in the Drunk'n Crab when they played."
He would like to metnion that Koryn seemed to like Hyeon-ju, but that seemed to be plain cruel.
"I've met Shinjo Yul, he seemed to had some meetings with Akemi-san, maybe they could get along?"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:04 pm 
She raised an eyebrow at the suggestions, breaking the otherwise pristine On.

"Perhaps. But it could also be that Moto-san is merely enjoying the fleeting friendship with a fellow musician. He knows his duty and I don't think he'd choose one merely out of musical talent. At least I can't say that all the people I've had the honor of spending time with here are automatically eligible candidates." The Sparrow had pretty much nothing to offer as a clan on the whole.

"Shinjo-san has a few other candidates in mind that are beneficial to us. Besides, it would seem to me that Hida Akemi-san has interests elsewhere too, no? Or am I misunderstanding the common interest shared between her and Daigotsu Shokomaru-sama?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:55 am 
"Ohh I do not doubt that there are more profitable matches for Moto-san. But a miai grants a samurai something precious: a choice. That's why matches like these are important. Getting to know each other, forming alliances, staking out territories."

He gave a small smirk

"I can't say that there's any connection However... i do not follow my clan members step by step, it is quite possible that something has escaped my watchful eyes"

If there was a possible match going between Akemi and Shokomaru he needed to know that. He leaned a bit forward to indicate his interest.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:40 pm 
"And maintaining existing alliances and friendships..." she added onto his words of the purpose of a miai.

"I don't pay much attention to gossip, Yasuki-sama, as it's usually idle drivvel from bored people or amateurish attempts of slander. However, even a broken clock is right twice a day. I've personally seen the two of them almost unable to keep your hands off eachother once, and another miai participant shared with me that the Spider ditched them to chase after Hida-san. Then of course, rumors that a Crab and Spider were seen kissing in public... as it is a rumor we cant say it's true, but one does feel there is a pattern."

The Utaku was frowning slightly. "But your delegation seem to be interested in being friendly with the Spider so consider me quite confused."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:18 pm 
"Why are you surprised? A samurai deserves respect whether he is friend or foe. A fight and open hostilities on a miai serves no one, neither the spider nor the crab. It is my motto to keep up the politeness. The crab is often seen as rough and rude, which is true, but we have no interest in upsetting a possible ally, the phoenix."

The servant he had orderd came back with two cups of tea. It was the supbar stuff from Asakaze, he frowned a bit.

"But the news about Hida-san still surprises me. I thank you for that."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:44 pm 
"Courtesy towards ones enemies is one thing. At the cost of one's own interests? There lies my confusion. But I am certain that Yasuki-sama have some plans for it all." There was a brief smirk.

What a pity that the tea here was so disappointing. Maybe she should consider holding all her meetings at Tian's for something with more flavor than a wash-cloth..

"But, it is what it is. I trust Yasuki-sama is enjoying Asakaze and all it has to offer?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:49 pm 
"I've seen a few things in the confines of the city, yes. I would love to see a bit of the countryside, but i would need a hunting party for that." he would only leave the city if he could count on coming back alive.

"Have you visited the Shiro? They are currently renovating there. The governor's personal collection is also interesting, an old unicorn armor and weapon can be found there. Among other things of course."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:22 pm 
"It is a pretty large gathering of bushi, Yasuki-sama. I'm sure someone would accompany you. Myself I could fly you and your party out, or merely just take a scenic flight-route over the area." Since she was currently without her ship, flying those ornithopters was the next best thing.

"Hm, I didn't know that. I should check that out - I've not had the chance to visit the shiro. Our hosts are probably busy enough, I figured they don't need me to disturb them, but I might just take a sightseeing visit to see that weapon and armor."

She sipped the liquid-that-called-itself-tea. "I will pass that on to Shinjo-san and Moto-san as well..."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:33 pm 
"Thank you, i'll come back to that offer."

"I have spent most of my time in the Shiro, the servants are busy, but if you want to have a guided tour you can definitely contact Asako Mal-Chin. He seems to be a very smart man and can certainly give you more context to the exhibition."

"Have you already spent time outside the city walls?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:50 pm 
"I'll keep that name in mind." Peculiar name for a Phoenix, maybe he had some Unicorn ancestry.

"A couple of times so far outside of the events our hosts has arranged out there. I did place second in the great hunt after all." All in all, she felt proud at the showing she, Yul, and Ruhe had put on. "Outside of those areas our host has cleared for the contests the nature is pretty wild, but also impressive. Various mega-fauna and some very colorful plants and insects. If you like being outdoors, I strongly recommend it. The Phoenix got some pretty great nature here - I hope they manage to preserve most of it."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:40 pm 
"Oh, I come from the Green Carp, Utaku-san, I really like nature. Although I am more of a friend of the jungle and forests, the steppe of Asakaze also has its charm. Where do you hail from, if i may ask?"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next