It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 9:53 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: [D6, EM] Time to Hide
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:50 pm 
Akihiko rises early, selecting a table conveniently away from common paths through the hotel lobby. He sits at the small table and preemptively fills cups of tea, trying to help fully awaken himself with steam from the chronically weak brew.

Post subject: Re: [D6, EM] Time to Hide
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:56 pm 
Hide had gone to bed quite early the prior night, thanks to all that had happened. So she was more than ready to meet with a fellow Lion come the early morning. Dressed in her more formal wear, she was under the impression that this was the best way to approach her Akodo superior. Probably a good idea to tell him where I'm at with the miai, as well...

Upon finding Akihiko, Hide approached with a bow. "I see you are up and well this morning, Akodo-sama."

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

Artist (NSFW stuff in the gallery)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:18 pm 
The Akodo rises to bow in reply, then sits as he gestures for the Matsu to join him. "Hai, good morning, Matsu Hide-san. I'm well." He takes a long drink of the weak tea, then makes a disappointed face at the tea cup. After a moment, he sets it back down and looks back to Hide.

"We haven't spoken for a few days, and I wanted to check up on you and your progress in the miai. This is a strange battlefield for soldiers like us."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:28 pm 
"Well... It's going well for me," Hide sat down, as instructed to. She took a glance at the tea that seemed so disappointing to Akihiko. "At least I believe so. I have shown you my list. And... One has definitely leaped out above any other potentials for me."

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:32 am 
Akihiko notes the look, and gestures to the cup he filled for Hide in anticipation. "Please have some if you wish, although" he's quick to interject, "I have find our hosts' tea selections to be consistently... more subtle of flavor" he understates through almost clenched teeth, "than I've been accustomed to aboard the Fury of Bishamon."

"But, to focus on priorities, I'm glad to hear you're making progress. Now, I'm not your commander and I'm not giving you orders here. But, if you care to share who your priority target is, I could look for opportunities to support your effort?" Akihiko slightly raised his eyebrows to reinforce that it was a question and Hide had no obligation to share with him.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:40 am 
Hide have a face at the tea as presented. Subtle meant weak, right? Go big or go home, Phoenix. “Thanks for the warning, Akodo-sama.”

After taking that first dreaded sip (which Hide would liken to hot water that a tea leaf took a quick dip in), Hide was more than ready to give her report. “Kuni Eriko. Spent a good amount of time with her, she’s... A very good match for a Lion.”

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:34 am 
Akihiko nods in understanding. "Very good. There are not so many Crab here as we might hope, and although I have only heard of Kuni Eriko-san, a good match for a Lion is just what we want." He pauses, then speaks a little more quietly to ensure no eavesdropping: "Are you aware of any ... challengers who need to be redirected?"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:25 am 
“...Challengers?” Hide slowly tilted her head to the side, trying desperately to think of any. Of course, little did she know that she had unwittingly befriended all her potential rivals. “Nope, that I can think of. She tends to stay out of the spotlight as much as she can, I guess?”

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:43 pm 
Akihiko looks skeptical, but isn't really in a position to argue. Instead: "One of my sisters was matched with her husband at a miai, and she was... not thrilled... with the outcome. She hoped to be matched with either of two samurai, neither of whom is her husband today. Because each match changes who remains available, decisions that a participant believed were settled... may not be." He looks at Hide a little apologetically, like he's not sure he's making sense to her.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:58 pm 
“Ehhh? You think someone is gonna pick her before it gets to her time to pick?” Hide sat back, her arms crossed and brows knit in frustration. “Or do you think I’m gonna get picked?”

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:52 pm 
"All of these things could happen," he admits, a little alarm in his voice that Hide has never heard before. "Someone who thinks they choose early enough to pick the spouse they want may be wrong, and in their frustration they could make a pick that no one expects. Everyone's hopes and plans could be upended." Before he spirals in the negative thinking, Akihiko stops himself.

"So, just as when we prepare for battle," he sounds unmistakably like a military academy professor, "we should consider possible interference in our plan, and minimize how much it can hurt us." Akihiko is clearly earnest about helping his clanmate, but it's also clear he's thought of his own situation.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:41 am 
“I... See.” It was clear that maybe Hide did not, in fact, see. Probably just a speech habit. “You’re the tactical type. What should I do, Akodo-sama?”

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:13 am 
Akihiko looks uneasy, but he leans forward a little and speaks, sounding slightly like this is information he shouldn't have: "When you're not together, she's with other people. They may be competitors, or they may be working to help your competitors. Your target may talk about them out of hand, and you may even know them. If they are friends or allies, you could ask who they're pursuing or if they know of anyone pursuing your target." Akihiko slows down, trying to make this work more palatable to Hide, whip doesn't seem the subtle type. "This doesn't need to be Scorpion and Crane stuff. Ask your friends. Honorable samurai will tell you the truth and help you if they can. When you know more, you will know better what to do."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:22 am 
The prospect of being betrayed or something by one of her friends stung. Would they really do something like that? But then again, she never asked. What a predicament. “I guess I can ask around... But I can be sure that she hasn’t really been paying attention to the miai as much as others. So maybe she hasn’t gotten a lot of attention?”

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:08 am 
"Yes, that's probably helpful," Akihiko says honestly. "And the people most likely to have interest in a Crab are the Unicorn and us, right? And I don't think any of our clanmates have mentioned her..."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:09 am 
“I’m friends with Shinjo Yul. He can probably ask his Clan mates for me. Maybe help me out a bit?” But he also knew her. Hm. Hopefully he’d be straight with Hide about this. “I’m more concerned about some of the wild card high point individuals.”

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:59 am 
Akihiko nods encouragingly. "Yes, talking to Shinjo Yul-san is wise." When she mentions those leading the miai point lists, he huffs a little and nods emphatically. "Hai, there are ... many to be concerned about. Fortunately," he says, pointing to Hide, "you don't have to worry about a Spider picking your Crab. Some certainty there at least," Akihiko musters up a smile, trying to keep Hide from feeling overwhelmed.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:56 pm 
Hide tilted her head to the side. Well, if the Spider here were sane that wouldn’t be an issue. “What about you, Akodo-sama? Meet anyone to your liking?”

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:45 pm 
The Akodo looks as unsettled as ever when the conversation comes back to him. "Er, yes, I'm doing alright. I've met a ... couple of options." He sighs, knowing his uncertainty is already obvious. "I am worried about what those with early picks may do. I hesitate to suggest I have any plan, lest I be tempting fate. But just as I suggested to you, I'm going to try to do reconnaissance, perhaps learn more about the intentions of those atop the point lists. It sounds unpleasant, but better than sitting and awaiting the unknown."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:48 pm 
“You’re pretty high up yourself.” Hide leaned forward, a slight smirk on her face. “How about that Utaku we met? You and her got a lot in common, personality wise.”

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next