It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 9:24 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: The crazy and the fashionista (D7 EM closed)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:18 pm 
Naras day had not started the best. She had sat looking at her communicator for a quite considerable amount of time trying to work out who the message was from, and trying to think past the...something. Odd. What was she thinking past?

Fusako! That's the person. How could she forget? There was a good reason but she couldn't remember it either...

After a short while where she managed to message an agreement to visit, plus time to clean up and prepare herself, Nara arrived at the Snow Maiden. Her look, as usual, was quite unusual although perhaps more than usual.

She had a message sent through to Fusako to say she'd arrived, and then was shown to the womans room.

Knock. Knock knock. Knock.

"It's Susumu Nara~" she said somewhat musically through the door.

Post subject: Re: The crazy and the fashionista (D7 EM closed)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:50 pm 
Fusako answered the door in a stark white silken hinata, plain yet elegant. She glanced over Nara and smiled. "Ah, ohaiyo, Nara-san. Please, come in and have a seat. I have tea already poured."

She led the way in to a low table with two steaming cups on it along with a pot.

Theme (Dance Club Rave)
More Musical Inspiration
Profile (plus info for corporate ties)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:56 pm 
Nara bowed, seeing the woman having knocked something back into place about the person she was meeting. She was a Crane, she was a fashionable one and they'd met a few times.

"Good morning! Ooh, tea! Thank you" Nara entered, looking around as she did "Asahina-sama is fashionable. I've only ever seen her naked before now. I hope you are well?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:39 pm 
She gave a slight smirk at the comment as she sat. "While the thought had crossed my mind briefly, I decided an outfit would be more appropriate. And please, call me Fusako. This is an informal get together after all. Have you been well?"

Theme (Dance Club Rave)
More Musical Inspiration

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:21 pm 
"Hai, one can't walk around without clothes unless they wish to cause scandal" Nara nodded "Fusako-sama it is then! I am..." she trailed off, looking down at the tea for a few moments.

"I don't know how I am. I..." she shook her head, then smiled brightly "it's nothing! I...ano...just slept badly. I think. Maybe. I'm ok Fusako-sama" she picked up the cup, raising it in a mini toast before sipping.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:45 am 
There were some that were good at dropping subjects. Then there was Fusako. She frowned just a bit. "Really Nara-san, if something is troubling you, you can most certainly tell me. A part of my inviting you for breakfast was to get to know you better after all, and I would hear any concerns you might have."

Theme (Dance Club Rave)
More Musical Inspiration

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:33 pm 
Nara opened her mouth to speak, then stopped, and frowned.

"I don't know how much I'm allowed to say. It is something the clan were investigating. I get attacked in my dreams sometimes is all, and I forget things. Or confuse things. Or get lost. It is nothing that can affect anyone else as long as I don't get confused about who they are though, so Fusako-sama is safe!"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:29 pm 
There was no look of surprise or even discomfort on the Crane's face. The crown was gone, and she merely nodded. Some sort of unknown spiritual affliction. That must be difficult Nara-san, but to be so accomplished must mean you haven't allowed it to keep you back. It makes more sense why Isora's Rest seemed to concern you however."

Theme (Dance Club Rave)
More Musical Inspiration

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:11 pm 
Nara shook her head.

"Not concern me Fusako-sama. More...I don't know what would happen with a place that has a lot of connection to dreams. Maybe I could then face my affliction and defeat it, maybe it would defeat me. Maybe nothing, maybe everything. It would be really interesting to learn though! There's more to a place than dreams though, ne?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:01 pm 
Fusako gave a small nod. She picked up her tea and took a small sip of it. There was a bowl of rice, miso soup, grilled fish, and pickled vegetables before them both, a traditional breakfast that she'd ordered in for them both. "That is a positive way of looking at it. Have you have this trouble your whole life Nara-san? I could most certainly have the Asahina help out as they can, should you wish."

Theme (Dance Club Rave)
More Musical Inspiration

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:34 pm 
Nara shook her head, eyeing up the food but not taking any quite yet.

"Only in the last um..." she trailed off, and frowning "I don't know. I think four years? I can't remember exactly, but I don't think it happened before then. It hadn't happened for a while either, I don't know why it came back."

She finally picked up a plate and put some rice and fish onto it.

"Do the Asahina study a lot of spiritual um...dream afflictions? I thought they were more...I don't know actually. I don't know a lot about the Asahina."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:03 pm 
She merely processed the former topics, but gave a slight smile at the later questions. "Well that was the other idea of this after all, for you to get to know me better. The Asahina aren't strong studies of most illnesses, but my family has a lot of compassion, so medical work tends to come naturally to them, especially the shugenja, which is most of my relatives really. I'm certain I could find one or two that have deeper understanding of dream troubles, especially those stationed on Isora's Rest."

Theme (Dance Club Rave)
More Musical Inspiration

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:13 pm 
Nara tried some of the grilled fish as she listened, clearly enjoying the food and the conversation moving on. It made her feel better to not be talking about her problems.

"Mm...this is lovely" Nara commented with a nod "that's interesting. Your family sounds really nice if they do a lot of medical work. I don't have any shugenja in my family I think. My father came from the Crane, and was an artist, so I think I took my skills from him rather than my mother who was a courtier. I guess that's why I get on more with my father, he really supported me when I went for the role. What do your parents do?"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:01 pm 
"You are the second Spider I've met at this miai with a Crane parent you know," she commented with a smile before looking a bit more thoughtful, leaning forward onto the table. "Mm, well, my father is the owner and manager of Isora Fashion, where I do my design work. Mother's a shugenja who started working with my father after they married. She does all the finance and paperwork, and works out business dealings."

Theme (Dance Club Rave)
More Musical Inspiration

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:24 pm 
"Fashion? Design work? What kind of fashion? I like clothes, I had to wear and model a lot of different things for the show and for promotions, it was fun. Not as fun as the acting but still fun" Nara leaned forward, very curious

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:25 am 
Fusako let an amused smirk touch her lips, but it was clear she enjoyed the subject as well. "My father's always done work for small businesses looking for a unique but tasteful uniform. It's been a slow recovery, but mother's drummed up some good contracts. My own specialty is in new and bold designs, high end pieces for the courts, parties, and social gatherings. All the dresses I've brought to Asakaze are of my own design, though I fear this yukata is store bought."

Last edited by Asahina Fusako on Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Theme (Dance Club Rave)
More Musical Inspiration

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:11 am 
"I guess uniforms are ok. I think Fusako-samas fashions are better though" Nara said honestly as she took a moment to look over what Fusako was wearing "if they're all that kind of style then I think I'd really like them! My style is...well" she looked at herself "very colourful. I like colours, I like feeling bright and pretty, and I stand out a lot sometimes but as an actress you have to stand out or you'll never have a future! I think Fusako-sama is slightly taller than me, so you'll have to design something a little smaller for me to stand out in" she grinned

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:31 pm 
"I admit, I've only seen your fashion now and at competitions Nara-san, but it is quite bold indeed. I have to fully admit, seeing you in the baths already had me thinking up designs for you to wear. Most all of my designs can easily be tailored for different sizes, so I imagine it wouldn't be too difficult." She gave a bit of a grin before lifting up her tea to take a sip, looking down into the cup. "Mmm... though Nara-san looks just fine without a dress as well."

Theme (Dance Club Rave)
More Musical Inspiration

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:03 pm 
"Really? You had ideas for designs for me?" Nara looked surprised "Fusako-sama is so forward thinking! What kind of ideas? I'd love to model some of your work! My pieces are all just designs that the designer on set came up with but he didn't usually do things this extreme. He's more conservative usually. The makeup and extras are just me being me."

Nara giggled at the last comment, leaning forward slightly "this is only just staying on as it is! See?" she motioned to her shoulder.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:39 am 
"I noticed," she commented with a smile and sip of her tea. She looked more thoughtful a moment, tapping her lip.

"As for fashion choices... I would have to have my studio to come up with a proper idea, but I have the feeling only the boldest would truly do."

Theme (Dance Club Rave)
More Musical Inspiration
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next