It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 10:19 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Courtship Is Honor (D7, LA)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:26 pm 
It's Akihiko's turn to be slightly flustered. Too strong, dark it. "Of course, Utaku-san, I'm happy to share. But first, lest you think me prone to flattery, I should say that I am not the only Lion who finds Utaku-san so interesting. My noble kinswoman, Matsu Chiyoko, would be a great match for Utaku-san in skill and honor." Akihiko's delivery is heartfelt but awkward, and he knows it. Smooth as clipping an asteroid, Goldenboy.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:29 pm 
The mention of Chiyoko's name did keep the smile staying a bit longer. "Matsu-san really is a fine samurai. Anyone who is matched with her is lucky, and if that is how things were to go, I would be honored if the two of us would be so blessed. I... am not quite fully decided, but Matsu-san is my top choice currently." A touch of nervousness for speaking so frankly. "Competing with yourself, Akodo-sama. But, as the scores currently stand with the matchmakers, I'm not the one who will be doing the choosing."

She saw no shame in admitting that the two Lion were her own top contenders.

Has: Daisho, sidearm, fashionable attire, cool shades, densai, comm, Kami-pet.
Sometimes: Light armor, Marksman rifle.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:58 am 
Akihiko looks similarly sheepish about sharing. His voice is a bit lower than before: "If Utaku-san can honor me with her honesty, then I can do no less in return. And without breaking any confidence with Matsu-san, I can say that you are ... at or near the top of the list for each of us." He manages to put together a steady smile and eye contact once the words are out.

"And, you had asked about what I do with my personal time. I don't have a lot of non-professional pursuits, but I find time to play Fantasy Fight, to cheer my squadron mates at oshidama, and to badly but enthusiastically sing karaoke."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:40 pm 
"Two of those seem to be part of being a pilot," she remarked with good humor.

The third one on the other hand was interesting. It wasn't something she had expected from the Lion gunso. "Are you an avid player of Fantasy Fight? I've just started learning it myself since I heard there was going to be a tournament, so my own skill with the game so far is very beginner-level."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:28 pm 
He chuckled at being part of the pilot stereotype. "I suppose it's important that I do these things. Don't want to disappoint the fans," he says sarcastically.

"One of my squadron mates introduced me to Fantasy Fight. It's a nice challenge to keep your mind sharp, thinking about overcoming challenges differently than in a flight simulator. But I don't take it too seriously. I don't have the time to be competitive, but it is a fun change of pace."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:41 pm 
"Mmm, I was curious if it would be a game that could help in tactical studies, but ah..." Bear-Yojimbos and other parts of the game mechanic wasn't really something that really corresponded with real-world strategies.

"I can't say I'm that into it but it seems fun enough to pass the time with. I've usually not played many games before myself, except for Kami-pet... reading has more often been my go-to past-time for peace and quiet. That or listening to music."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:15 am 
"Ah, no, as a tactical study, I'm sure that Utaku-san would find the game wanting. I think instead it should be viewed more as a riddle or puzzle challenge, where -- because the opponent makes battlefield conditions dynamic -- a player must regularly reassess the available paths to victory, and pursue one or more of them in the face of dynamic obstacles. The card names and art could be anything else in the universe and the game would be equally valuable." The smiles, realizing how much the fan boy he may have sounded.

"Ah, but I am not here to sell Fantasy Fight cards," he jokes with another smile. He shakes his head a bit then, selling to hesitate on his next thought. "Utaku-san seems a most model samurai-ko. As I believed from our first meeting in the gardens. My family would approve," he adds, though with a tone of... disappointment?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:42 pm 
It was a rare moment of her chuckling at him showing his inner fanboy. It was a soft sound, and not mean-spirited in its tone, but rather amused.

"Thank you, Akodo-sama. I consider such words high praise from a well-respected gunso as yourself," she bobbed her head in response to the kind words. The tone did not escape her, but... she had a hard time putting her finger on the reason why. "Well, the miai is not over yet, Akodo-sama." She wasn't sure if those words were reassuring though.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:06 pm 
The little laugh warms Akihiko's heart, and he can only smile in response.

At Hyeon-ju's compliment, the Lion makes a face for a moment, then looks at the table. "It is perhaps not right of me to say," he begins, eyes still downcast, "but I think Utaku-san is clearly the paragon of Bushido at this table. A most fitting match for Matsu Chiyoko-san."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:08 pm 
Hyeon-ju wasn't the most familiar with Lion prior to this miai, but she did notice a similarity in how Chiyoko and Akihiko spoke. Perhaps that was how Lion flirted.

"And Akodo-sama is a good example of an honorable samurai."

"It would be an interesting match; the two families of our clans with a matriarchal tradition." Somewhere, she was sure someone would make an improper joke at that. "One I would be honored by, if possible. And it would be a good start to a closer friendship between our clans."

She wasn't sure if Chiyoko had others on her list, or if there were other people who wanted her, but she didn't mind letting it show that the Matsu was her preferred choice so far.

"No matter how the miai turns out in the end, I hope for Akodo-sama to find a most successful match himself. For the rest of the Unicorn, both Moto Ruhe-san and Shinjo Yul-san seem to have their eyes set on some intended candidates that are not members of the Lion, but good and respectable choices nonethless."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:35 pm 
Akihiko smiles politely. "The Unicorn will do well here, I'm sure. Your clan boasts several well-regarded participants. The Lion are humble by comparison," he says with a joking grin. A humble Lion is as unlikely as a straightforward Dragon.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:51 pm 
Raising a hand, her smile and soft laughter was partially concealed behind her fingers. They had the tell-tale signs of a bushi who did not neglect swordsmanship or practice with guns, given the trimmed nails and callouses, though she seemed to take care in maintaining a touch of femininity to them.

"Akodo-sama certainly is humble," she replied with good-natured humor. "But also well-regarded by the nakodo. Really, you're making an impressive mark on the top candidates of the miai."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:55 pm 
Akihiko notices the barely concealed smile and laughter more than the concealment, and smiles easily in response.

"Is there anything else that Utaku-san wishes to know of me, besides my humility?"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:48 pm 
"Well, I think I have a good impression of the kind of man you are. Of course, there is always more to know, such as asking about your lineage and family-life, but I understand if you are a busy man with other duties to see to." She personally was interested at least, but she also felt it rude to monopolize his time for long.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2