It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 4:34 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: [D11 EM] The best and the worst (Shooting range)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:37 pm 
Akemi was curious about the Sparrow Sniper that she barely had time to meet the day before. She just knew she was a friend of Koseki and little more. So she had conveyed to her an invitation to meet her at the shooting range on the next day for proper presentations.

For now, Akemi, in her military clothes, simple crop top and pants, was training her own shooting... And the results were abysmal. Whether she used her flesh hand or her mechanical hand, most shots of her sidearm were just missing the target.

Carries, when angry: Tetsubo, Heavy Armor

Post subject: Re: [D11 EM] The best and the worst (Shooting range)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:25 pm 
Shion hadn't been to the dojo in all her time here. She did train from time to time back home, but hadn't really considered that a priority while in a Miai.... But she wouldn't pass on the invitation.

And that, plus the event two days before, made it clear to her. Musician or not, she was a bushi and a samurai, and she shouldn't forget that and get comfortable.

So she arrived to meet Akemi, in a simple outfit and not in armour, but carrying her rifle and sidearm. She bowed to Akemi with a small smile as she held her rifle to the side and got it ready.

"Hida-sama. Pleased to see you in... Calmer circumstances, eh?"

Honour: Exceptional * Status: 1 * Glory: 1 * CP: 0

Carries: Communicator, Densai+Radio+Headphones, Wakizashi, 1> Instruments, Purse.
Sidekick: Stray the mutt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:53 pm 
"Hello Suzume... Shion-san is that it? Our presentations were a bit expeditive yesterday so let's do them fine."

She bowed.

"Hida Akemi, granddaughter of Hida Kinichi of Aoishi Industries, member of the Hida Shock Troops, currently on temporary leave due to injury."

She smiled.

"And these are indeed much better circumstances for a talk."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:18 am 
She gave the Hida another small, but respectful smile. "Pleased to meet you properly, Hida-sama", she says, bowing again. She pauses for just a moment at her mention of injury... and apparently just then takes notice of the fleshcraft. Doesn't really stare at it either, just notices it there as things seem to fall into place. No need to ask things one doesn't want to tell either.

She then nods. "Hai, this one is Suzume Shion. From the Rokugan homeland... like most Sparrow, I guess.", she says with a slight grin. "But... I work as a musician for the Miya Entertainment Network, not an archivist or researcher.... Unlike most Sparrow, I guess", she says, grinning a bit again.

"So... Shock Troops, eh?", she says with something that may be admiration or surprise. "You made a huge difference yesterday, Hida-sama. Wish I had given you better cover fire...", she says, her eyes a bit down as she finally gets her rifle ready and gets ready to shoot.

Carries: Communicator, Densai+Radio+Headphones, Wakizashi, 1> Instruments, Purse.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:40 am 
"You did everything you could have done and way more. If anyone is at fault yesterday, it's the goddamn Akodo. Walked us straight into an ambush. Proved unable to adapt on the fly to the reality of the battlefield. Did not even rush instinctively for cover before provoking the enemy and would have died for that mistake if you hadn't exposed yourself to offer cover fire for him."

She shrugged:

"All in one, I think he had not seen an earthbound battlefield in quite a while and did neglect his training on these matters. Unlike you. Even more impressive considering it's not a requirement for your daily job. Where do you find the time for both the musical and the martial arts? I'm barely able to keep on track my physical training and my studies in between two missions."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:16 pm 
Shion clearly doesn't really know how to react at the Hida's compliments, so in the end she just gives a respectful nod. "Ah... thank you, Hida-sama. I try to do my best."

She looks down again for a while, thoughful, then gets ready for her first shot. It hits close to a target at mid-to-distant range, but doesn't quite do it.

"... it was a hard fight to manage, I guess. Position, they having Kuni-sama... "

Her eyes shift down again for a moment.

"But... it did seem like Akodo-sama was... not quite in his element. I suppose different training and duties, eh?"

She readies for another shot.

"As for me... what happened yesterday convinced me... I should actually not forget to focus more on martial aspects. The sparrow... we are a traditional clan, eh? So we do receive some in-depth training of traditional martial aspects, at least. Even if most of us do not really go on to martial duties. But... it gets ingrained, I guess", she says, a small grin on her lips. "That's... part of not forgetting our heritage, I guess."

Another shot - this one hits, not quite close to the bullseye, but still.

"Speaking of Kuni-sama... she is feeling better, I hope? And... I tried to think about it after the talk yesterday, but... do we know why her? It sounded more like that True Scion chap was targetting Akodo-sama... right?"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:52 am 
"From my understanding, they also had a bone to pick with Kuni Eriko and tried to kill two birds with one stone. Luckily for us, they missed both that way."

She pulled a face.

"Eriko has sort of a natural talent to put herself into danger. Hopefully Hide will be able to keep her in check from now on."

Akemi did not really believe that, but at least Hide should be there to save the Kuni's ass once again the next time she'll fuck up.

She attempted another shoot and missed once again.

"Tradition eh? Say that to the Hida who is still using a tetsubo in a world of guns. Though in my case it's for a wild mix of reasons."

Switch hands. Fire. Miss.

"A melee weapon that can also be used as a door-knocker is actually quite good when fighting inside a spaceship. No risk of accidentally blasting through the hull on a missed shot and the enclosed space makes it hard for your enemies to get out of melee range."

She took the time to focus on her next shot but only for a marginally better result.

"It's also very symbolic of course. The Hida in full armor that just walks forward unfettered by the barrage of shots from their enemies until they finally get into melee and break the entire line though a single swing of their tetsubo is an image the network likes a lot. That's kind of the reason grandpa encouraged me to pick that particular weapon. Shortest path to glory... if I lived."

She sighed after a few new failures and set down her sidearm for now.

"And of course... It's kind of an open secret by now that I am left-handed and have yet to become ambidextrous or to acquire fine motor control of my new fingers. The tetsubo does not require such precision to be efficient."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:53 pm 
Shion thinks for some time when the Hida answers about Eriko... And then just nods as an answer.

Hide seemed to really care for Eriko. And she was tough. Hopefully that would be enough...

She nods again at Akemi's explanation of the reasons for bring a shock trooper, taking a few shots herself while at it. Her results are better than Akemi's, but she doesn't seem particularly convinced by them herself.

As the Crab says the last part, though... she stops and looks at her.

"I...can definitely see that about tradition among the Hida. It must be tough living up to that tradition I suppose... But it seems you manage, ne?", She says trying a smile that comes out a bit awkward.

"But ... I had noticed your implant, of course. Didn't know you were left handed though... "

She looks at the Crab's left arm for a moment. "Any idea how long it should take go regain fine control?" is all she manages to ask. She's not uncomfortable with the prosthesis itself, apparently... But the 'incident' itself - whatever it was that caused it - seemed to make her uneasy.

For one whose way in life depended on using fine motor control to play instruments... It might be obvious why she would feel sympathetic and odd about that.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]